剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
to talk about the horrific details
提及被告孩子惨遭的
of what happened to this woman's child,
骇人耸听的犯罪细节
which otherwise... We're going to get caught.
否则... 检方肯定会提出反对的
And when that happens, we will apologize
若当真如此 我们就道歉
and come up with a different attack.
再另想他法
But I'll be in the courtroom by then
那时我就能从另一场庭审中脱身
and we'll figure something out.
车到山前必有路
Also, have Danny get a line on the surviving daughter.
让丹尼在她大女儿身上多下功夫
We need to give the jury as many reasons as possible
我们需要给陪审团充足的理由
to not send Heather to prison, and what better reason
避免他们将希瑟送进监狱
than she has a teenage daughter who needs her
还有什么理由比一个盼着她回家的
and is waiting for her to come home?
十几岁女儿有说服力呢
The tattoo new?
新纹身吗
Looks new.
看着新而已
I did it myself.
我自己纹的
What about the piercings?
那这些穿孔呢
Last weekend.
上周末做的
There's not a lot to do around here,
我无事可做
and I don't really know anybody.
在这我一个熟人也没有
I mean, I know my aunt, but...
虽然我婶婶住在附近 但...
Would you like your mom to see them?
想让你妈妈看看吗
I can take a picture for you.
我可以给你照张相
No.
不了
She's got enough going on right now.
她现在的烦心事够多了
She doesn't need to worry about me.
不能让她再为我分心
Well, she is... worried about you.
她确实... 很担心你
She wants to come home to you,
她想回到你身边
take care of you.
照顾你
Well, the reason I'm here, uh,
这就是我来拜访你的原因
we'd like for you to come to the city,
我们希望你能来城里
be a part of the trial.
参与庭审
I don't think that's a very good idea.
我可不觉得这是个好主意
Well, I can come here. I can, I can pick you up.
我可以来陪你 接你去法庭
Can sit with you in court.
在法庭上 我会坐在你身边
The jury needs to see that your mom still has a child,
我们需要让陪审团看到你妈妈还有一个孩子
a child who loves her, misses her,
一个爱她 思念她
needs her at home.
需要她的孩子
I've been to court before.
我出席过庭审
My sister's trial.
我妹妹的庭审
I sat there the whole time, waiting for a chance
我全程坐在那 等待时机
to tell them what I knew, and then, when the time came,
想把我知道的一切都告诉他们 可时候到了
they wouldn't let me say it.
他们却不让我开口
What wouldn't they let you say?
他们不让你说什么
I... heard his voice.
我... 听到了他的声音
I knew him.
我认识他
He was my piano teacher.
他是我的钢琴老师
I spent every Wednesday with him for three years.
这三年里 他每周三都来教我弹钢琴
But, uh, they said hearing someone's voice
但他们说我只是听到了一个声音
and thinking you know who they are isn't enough proof,
并自认为知道那是谁 这并不是充足的证据
so I couldn't say it on the stand.
所以我没能在作证时说出这一切
You didn't see him?
你没看见他吗
I was sleeping.
我那时在睡觉
He must've come in through the window, but...
他一定是从窗户进来的 但...
all I know is, he put a bag over my head
我只知道他用一个袋子蒙住了我的头
and when I woke up,
当我醒来时
he was wrapping tape around the bag...
他正在用胶带封住袋子...
and over my mouth.
和我的嘴
And he carried me to the closet and locked me in.
他把我锁进了衣橱
And he said
然后说
if I made a sound, he would kill my mother.
如果我发出一点声音 他就杀了我妈妈
I thought he was there for her.
我以为他是来杀我妈妈的
Maybe if I'd been awake, none of this would have happened.
如果我当时醒着 这一切也许就不会发生了
Maybe he wouldn't have gotten Ella
也许他就不会那么对埃拉
or my mom wouldn't have shot him.
我妈妈就不会射杀他
They're new, too.
这些也是新的
So, today is all about something called voir dire.
今天将进行陪审员预审
It's kind of our specialty.
这是我们的特长
It's about interviewing prospective jurors
我们会向陪审员提问
and doing everything we can to make sure
并竭尽所能
that we pick the right ones, the ones who are best able
并选出那些能听取我方论据
to hear our argument,
并对你表示同情的
sympathize with it, yeah. Okay.
陪审员 好的
Even though you won't be testifying today...
即使你今天无法出庭作证...
no one will...
也没人会...
you have a very important job.
你有一项非常重要的任务
This is when the jurors get their first look at you.
当陪审员第一次看到你
Prosecutor's gonna want them to see a murderer,
检方希望他们视你为一个杀人凶手
a public menace.
一个公共威胁
I want them to see the schoolteacher,
而我希望他们看到的是一名教师
the grieving mother,
一位悲伤的母亲
the victim of a murderous deviant
一位被残忍♥的凶手
who took advantage of a family's trust.
所利用的受害家属
But there's no sign you can hold up to show 'em all those things.
但你无法用实际证据证明这些
You have to do it in here.
你必须对此深信不疑
You have to be it in here and not just in the courtroom...
并真诚地表现出来 不仅是在庭上...
from the moment you leave that cell in the morning
而是从早晨离开牢房♥的那一刻
until your head hits the pillow at night. Can you do that?
直至晚上临睡前 你能做到吗
Yeah. I can do that. Great.
我能做到 很好
Now, Benny and Chunk know exactly
本尼和特朗科很清楚
what we're looking for juror-wise.
我们要寻找什么样的陪审员
Marissa back at my office... Wait a second.
玛丽莎在我办公室待命... 等等
You're not coming to court with us today?
今天你不和我们一起出庭吗
Well, I can't. I have a...
对 我必须...
What did I do? What did I fall for?
天呐 我被骗了
I need a new lawyer. I need...
我要另请律师 我要...
No, you don't.
不 你不必这么做
You need to lower your voice and stop acting out in public.
小声点 别在公众场合闹事
Look around. There are people walking by.
看看周围 这么多人从你身边经过
You have no idea who they are.
而你根本不知道他们是谁
Like I told you, your job starts
如我所说 你的任务
the moment you leave prison in the morning
从早晨离开监狱的那一刻便开始了
until you get back to your cell at night.
一直到晚上回到牢房♥才结束
Now, I will do everything in my power to get back
我会尽快
and be by your side as soon as I can.
回来陪你
But let's not blow this thing on deportment.
先别自乱阵脚
Shall we?
好吗
And how many times did the defendant
被告有多少次
hold himself out to be an attorney?
以律师身份自居
At least 16.
至少十六次
And what kinds of cases did he try?
他经手的案子有哪些
All kinds.
各种各样
Everything from traffic violations to murder.
从交通肇事到谋杀都有
And while we already know that he didn't have
我们已经知道他并没有法律学位
a law degree, what kind of education did he have?
他到底受过多高的教育
High school. A year of community college.
高中和一年社区大学
High school?
高中
A year of community college.
一年社区大学
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官大人
Good afternoon.
下午好
Good afternoon.
下午好
You obtained a subpoena, went into my client's office,
你收到了传票 进入我客户的办公室
seized my client's records.
缴纳了他的记录
Did you happen to notice what he charged for his legal services?
你有注意到他的收费标准吗
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与本案无关
Simply because he didn't charge a lot of money
虽然他的收费并不高
doesn't change the fact that he was breaking the law.
但这并不代表他没有犯法
Objection sustained.
反对有效
The jury will ignore the question.
陪审团请忽略这个问题
When you examined my client's records,
当你在检查我客户的记录时
were you able to ascertain the sort of clients he represented?
你有注意到他代理的都是什么样的委托人吗
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表