剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
who are inclined to hate another reason to go on doing it.
发泄他们的怨怼 这让我十分厌恶自己
Huh. Let's do this.
这样吧
I know you're supposed to go to court tomorrow.
我知道你明天就该上庭了
Let me reach out to Mr. Peterson's attorney today,
我今天去找找彼得森先生的律师
and see if there isn't some way we can settle this
看看能不能在上庭前
before we even get to court.
达成和解
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
That would be amazing.
若是那样就太好了
I make no promises.
我无法保证会成功
Thank you.
谢谢你
Tell me it's not true.
告诉我这不是真的
Tell you what's not true?
什么不是真的
TAC's not really gonna help defend the police officer
那个朝手无寸铁的黑人教师
that shot the unarmed black school teacher?
开枪的警官居然成了我们的客户
Not that I'm aware of.
据我所知并没有
Where'd you get that idea?
你怎么知道的
Well, Bull just texted me.
布尔刚刚给我发短♥信♥了
"Find out everything you can
"尽你所能找到关于
on Cal Peterson."
卡尔·彼得森的所有资料"
Cal Peterson is the school teacher.
卡尔·彼得森就是那个教师
Yeah. First that I'm hearing of it.
这我可是第一次听说
But would it upset you if it were true?
如果这是真的 你会难过吗
I mean... you were in law enforcement.
你毕竟在执法部门工作过
Did you see the bodycam footage on the news?
你有在新闻上看到执法记录仪录下的片段吗
He was going for her gun.
他要抢她的枪啊
The guy was drunk. He was going
那个男的喝醉了 他只是
for the sink to puke his guts out.
想去洗手盆呕吐
And that gun should have never been left
而且一开始那把枪
unsecured in the first place.
就不应该乱放
The cop broke protocol
一个警♥察♥在没锁的公共卫生间
by removing it in an unlocked public bathroom.
将枪从身上取下 这违反了条例
She created the threat.
她的行为造成了潜在的威胁
True, but... he tried to grab it.
没错 但是他想要去拿枪
She had to defend herself.
她这么做是为了保护自己
The police officer is the one with the training.
她是受过训练的
There are a dozen ways
她还有其他选择
she could have de-escalated that situation.
来防止事态恶化
Hey, you may be right, but I don't think it matters anyway.
也许你说得对 但这些都不重要
As far as I know, we don't have anything to do with this case.
据我所知 我们和这个案子没关系
You're not gonna take them all, are you?
你不会要全部拿走吧
No. This is...
没有
I just... Doesn't matter.
我只是... 算了
Ms. Ford.
福特女士
I'm... Dr. Jason Bull.
我是 杰森·布尔博士
I know who you are, and I know what you do.
我知道你是谁 也知道你是做什么的
How can I help you, Dr. Bull?
布尔博士 有什么我可以帮到你的吗
Well, it's not me that needs your help.
需要你帮助的不是我
It's the City of New York.
而是纽约市政♥府♥
They approached me, and asked me to get involved
他们请我参与
in this federal civil rights suit
你和你的委托人提起的
that you and your client filed.
联邦民权官司
Frankly, I came over here to see what I could do
老实说 我此次来拜访就是想看看
to make the whole thing go away.
是否能在上庭前解决此事
Well, you can get them to offer my client $25 million.
你可以让他们赔偿我的委托人两千五百万美元
What is it about that figure that amuses you?
这个数字很可笑吗
Well, that's a big number for a flesh wound
因为一个也许在庭审过程中
that's probably gonna heal before this case finishes
就愈合的皮肉伤
winding its way through the courts.
这赔偿金未免太高了
And my bigger fear is that, in the meantime,
我更担心的是 此案会在
jackasses will line up on both sides of the argument
持相反意见的大众中引起更多波澜
and use it as an excuse to make more trouble.
造成更多麻烦
I'd always heard
你立志于维护公民权利
that you were this crusader for civil rights, human rights.
是名人♥权♥斗士 我对此有所耳闻
I like to think I have been a significant voice
我觉得自己只是这一现象中的
in that conversation,
一个重要参与者
a meaningful advocate for people
坚定为遭受侵权的人们
whose rights have been violated.
伸张正义
And it may seem like just a flesh wound to you, Dr. Bull,
布尔博士 可能那对于你来说只是皮肉伤
but to me, it's a bullet to the heart.
但对我而言却是致命伤
I'm reasonably sure if that had been a white man
我有理由认为 如果闯进洗手间的是个白人
in that bathroom, there'd have been no shots fired.
那名警官就根本不会开枪
I've also learned over the years that
这些年来我逐渐领悟
the only thing that changes
若想改变纽约市
an entrenched institution
根深蒂固的落后体制
like the City of New York is a big ding to their bank account.
就必须让他们付出高额经济代价
And that's what I'm really after.
这才是我的目的
Big change.
做出重大改变
Then I guess we're going to court.
看来我们只能法庭见了
I guess so.
没错
You want the good news or the bad news?
你们想听好消息还是坏消息
Just... give us the news.
直说就好
We're going to trial tomorrow, working on behalf
我们明天要上庭 为托尼娅·哈里斯警官
of Officer Tonya Harris and the NYPD.
和纽约市警局作辩护
Oh, my God.
天呐
And our strategy is...?
辩护策略是什么
Well, Malia Ford is obviously gonna
马莉娅·福特显然想把这案子
make this case about race.
染上种族色彩
So in choosing our jurors,
在选陪审员时
we are gonna do everything we can
我们要竭尽全力
to make it about everything but.
让此案和种族撇清关系
And how do we do that?
这要怎么做
Well, we want to concentrate on the circumstances.
把重点集中于事发背景
Not the people.
而不是其中牵扯的人
When you present the circumstances,
当你向陪审团说明事件背景时
there is a solid foundation of facts
有充分的事实作为基础
that supports the idea that Officer Harris...
来证明哈里斯警官当时
was reasonably in fear for her life.
有理由感到她的生命受到威胁
She shot Cal Peterson in self-defense.
她射伤卡尔·彼得森是出于自卫
White or black, our ideal juror
无论是黑人还是白人 我们理想的陪审员
is someone who would make the same split-second decision.
是可以在相同情况下 当机立断做出决定的
Someone who doesn't take time to think in a crisis
而不是那种在危机中
but reacts in a blink.
深思熟虑的人
What I call a "Blink Reactor."
我称这种人为"当机立断者"
Okay. So now we're looking for Blink Reactors.
那我们要如何找到"当机立断者"
Whatever those are.
天知道什么样的人才符合这标准
We're not simply relying on how
我们不仅需要陪审员告诉我们
jurors tell us they'd react in a crisis,
他们在危机下会如何反应
but also how long they take to answer the question.
也要记录他们的反应时间
The main thing is we don't care who these Blink Reactors are.
最主要的是 这种人是谁都无所谓
In fact, the more our jury looks
事实上 陪审团看起来
like a jury for Cal Peterson,
越像是卡尔·彼得森的支持者
the more we will have started
我们就能更彻底地说服
to convince everyone in that courtroom,
法庭里的所有人
most especially that jury,
尤其是陪审团
that we're not trying a case about race.
这场官司与种族无关
We're trying a case about circumstances.
真正的关键点在于事发背景
Hello, Miss Sloane.
斯隆女士 你好
I see that you are a hair stylist.
你似乎是一位发型师
Actually, I own my own salon.
其实我自己开了一家发廊
That's terrific.
棒极了
Now, let's say one day...
现在 假设有一天
a gentleman comes into your salon.
一位男士进入你的发廊
I don't know if he's crazy or high on PCP,
他也许是疯了或者吸食了普斯普剂
and he grabs one of your scissors,
他拿起一把剪刀
and he starts swinging it around.
开始胡乱挥舞
Threatening you and your customers.
威胁到你和顾客的人身安全
What would you do?
你会怎么做
Come on. You a thinker or a blinker?
让我们看看你是深思熟虑者还是当机立断者吧
I want you on this jury.
我希望你能加入这个陪审团
Seven seconds.
七秒
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表