剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Are you a friend of my mommy?
你是我妈妈的朋友吗
Uh... no. Not really.
不算是
But you like her, right?
但你喜欢她 对吗
My daddy says my mommy's job is to make sure everybody
爸爸说妈妈的职责就是让每个人
in that room likes her.
都喜欢上她
I want to start the case tomorrow by putting Hitchcock
明天我想先让希区柯克出庭作证
on the stand, try and get the jury to understand
让陪审团明白面对这种情况
what goes into making a decision like this.
保险公♥司♥是如何决断的
Okay.
好
I know what to do with that. Then what?
我知道怎么做 然后呢
Well, God may get me for saying this, but...
这么说也许会遭天谴 但...
do we go after the mother? What do you mean?
我们可以攻击那位母亲吗 什么意思
Well, I'm just saying maybe she contributed
病情之所以加重
to her current condition somehow.
她也有一定责任
Drinking or drugs or... She didn't.
喝酒 吸毒或者... 她没有
I checked. She's a church girl.
我查过了 她是个虔诚的教♥徒♥
Clean as a whistle. And even if she wasn't,
没有任何污点 即便她本身有错
we don't want to go after a dying mother
我们也不该去攻击一个肝脏受损
with a hole in her liver.
即将不久于人世的母亲
Not gonna win any hearts and minds that way.
那样可无法赢得陪审员的支持
Hear, hear.
正是
I'm just trying to do my job.
我只是提个建议
Although...
不过...
how many people our there are waiting for liver transplants?
现在有多少人在等着做肝脏移植
There are currently 17,000 people
目前有一万七千人
waiting for a liver transplant.
在等待肝脏移植
And, on average, how long do they have to wait?
平均要等待多久才能找到合适的肝源
Last time they counted, the average wait time
据统计 等待时间大约是
was 321 days.
321天
Reach out to EquiSafe Insurance.
联♥系♥全权保险公♥司♥
Get me the names of everyone waiting for a liver,
列一份所有等待肝脏移植患者的名单
how long they're expected to live
包括他们的预期寿命
and how long they've been waiting.
和已等待的时间
And also, get me the names of everyone
另外再列出一份未能
who was waiting for a liver,
及时找到合适肝源而去世的
but didn't make it.
患者名单
How's it going on the Cable front?
凯博有什么消息了吗
Uh, well, she's
她今天
officially on the FBI's list of missing persons
已经正式上了联邦调查局的
as of today.
失踪名单
Her mom's, uh, a mess.
她妈妈的状况很糟
But, um, I have one more idea
我还有一个办法
that I'm... I'm gonna try tomorrow.
明天就去试试
Well, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
有什么需要我帮忙的 尽管说
Let her mother know.
也告知她妈妈一声
I can't reach anyone at EquiSafe,
我目前联♥系♥不上全权保险公♥司♥的人
but I will jump back on it
明天早上
first thing in the morning.
我会继续联♥系♥
How's married life treating you?
婚姻生活如何
Come on, let me have it.
告诉我吧
I know you've been dying to give it to me all day.
我知道你已经忍♥了一天了
Married life is good, thank you very much.
我的婚姻生活很美满 多谢关心
I highly recommend it.
结婚是件好事
Yeah, I really think it's gonna catch on.
这说不定会成为一种潮流
Are you mad at me for getting remarried?
你因为我复婚而在生气吗
Mm. Maybe a little jealous.
大概有些许嫉妒
Not like that.
不是你想的那样
Not jealous of your husband,
不是嫉妒你丈夫
jealous... of your happiness?
而是嫉妒... 你所获得的幸福
Well, I don't know what to do about that, Jason.
杰森 对此我可束手无策
You know, when I was lying there on those courthouse steps,
当我倒在法♥院♥台阶上时
with this elephant sitting on my chest...
胸口仿佛压着一块巨石
I kept hearing this voice in my head.
我的脑海中一直萦绕着一个声音
It was my ex-wife, telling me that I'm no good alone.
是我前妻的声音 她说我不适合一个人
She said that to me a week before she got married again.
她对我说完这句话的一周后就再婚了
I'm starting to think she might be right.
我开始意识到她或许是对的
You really hate this case, don't you?
看来你真的很讨厌这个案子 对吧
We all do.
大家都如此
We all keep thinking,
我们都在想
"What if it were us?"
"如果这样的悲剧发生在自己身上呢"
Three more years with the people you love.
能与所爱之人共渡三年时光
How do you put a price on that?
你要如何衡量这一价值
No. I'm sorry.
我失言了
You're being myopic.
你的目光过于短浅
It's about the greater good.
这是为了公共利益
It's about resources.
这事关资源分配
It's about making sure that there's something for everyone.
为了保障每个人的利益
And the simple fact is that everyone can't have everything.
但其实并非每个人都能获得想要的一切
I know, 'cause I just went through...
我深知这一道理 因为我经历了...
I knew what you went through.
我知道你经历了什么
I cried for weeks.
我为此哭了好几周
I prayed for weeks.
也祈祷了好几周
But Jason, what happened to you
但 杰森 你所经历的一切
has nothing to do with the rest of us.
和我们无关
How could you say that?
你怎么能这么说
'Cause you're rich.
因为你有钱
And yes, everybody gets it, everybody can't have everything,
每个人都明白自己无法拥有想要的一切
but it sure seems like people like you,
但你这样的人
people like Mr. Hitchcock
希契科克先生那样的人
always manage to get theirs.
总能拥有想要之物
I will do my best to get you all that data from EquiSafe
明天一早 我会竭尽全力从全权保险公♥司♥
first thing in the morning.
拿到你想要的数据
Look, I understand this is a heartbreaking situation.
我知道如今的情况是多么悲恸
It is no fun to sit here
当着萨默菲尔德夫人的面
and look Mrs. Summerfield in the eye and say no.
拒绝她也让我于心不忍♥
But according to our actuaries
但根据我们的审计师
and our medical experts, the chance for success is so low
和医学专家的分♥析♥ 手术的成功率过低
and the chance for extended life is so small
延长生命的可能性很小
that it would be irresponsible
若是我们一意孤行
for us to pay this claim and allow this to go forward.
支付了手术费 这将是严重的失职行为
And can you explain that?
能请您解释一下吗
When you start
我们若是
approving what amount to Hail Mary medical procedures,
同意为这场如同背水一战的手术支付费用
it inevitably drives up premiums, so that people
这势必会导致保额增加
with legitimate claims can't afford to even buy insurance,
那些有正当需求的人们就会买♥♥不起保险
much less file a claim.
更不会有机会向保险公♥司♥索赔
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官大人
Thank you.
谢谢
You may step down.
你可以退席了
Do these people give a damn about this?
陪审员对这段证词有何反应吗
They certainly don't appear to.
看起来没有
Got it.
知道了
And going forward, I'd appreciate it if you'd reel in
如果你能控制一下这幸灾乐祸的心情
your sense of self-satisfaction.
我一定感激不尽
Mr. Toliver, how long have you been waiting for a liver?
托利弗先生 您等待肝脏移植多久了
Going on 11 months.
十一个月了
So you've been waiting seven months. And forgive me,
所以您已经等了七个月了 恕我冒昧
are you married?
请问您结婚了吗
No. Although I hope to be, some day.
没有 不过我希望将来能够结婚
Obviously, no kids? Again,
没有孩子 对吧 不过我希望
maybe someday, once I find my liver.
将来能生养孩子 只要我能得到匹配的肝脏
If they get to me, in time.
如果能在有限的时间里轮到我接受移植
19 months.
十九个月
So you've been waiting
您已经等待了十九个月
19 months for your liver.
却依旧没有合适的肝源
And what's your life expectancy
若是得到匹配的肝脏
if you get one?
您的预计寿命是多久
I've been told 30 to 35 years.
医生说有三十到三十五年
I've been told I could live another 50 years.
医生说我还可以再活五十年
I was told 50 to 60 years.
五十到六十年
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表