剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
It's just part of the fun.
好戏才刚开始
Look at me, Mrs. Spiro.
看着我 斯皮罗太太
We're gonna get you through this,
我们会帮你渡过难关
and then we're gonna get you out of here.
让你离开牢笼
You just have to trust me.
你只需要相信我就好
Earth to Marissa.
呼叫玛丽莎
Benny and I and our client are making our way
我和本尼以及委托人
into the courtroom.
要进法庭了
Bull, what are you talking about?
布尔 你在说什么
You have jury duty this morning.
你今天上午必须去履行陪审员义务
You're gonna need this.
这个给你了
You all right?
你没事吧
No, I think I may have screwed up.
我可能搞砸了
I have a bit of business I need to take care of.
有点小事我得去处理一下
Mrs. Spiro, I have to run upstairs to another courtroom
斯皮罗太太 我得去楼上另一个法庭
for a couple of hours.
大概要几个小时
A couple of hours? It's not a problem.
几个小时 没事的
Nothing of any consequence ever happens here before lunch,
午饭前 不会发生什么重要之事
and even if it did,
就算发生了
you couldn't be in better hands.
他也是一把好手
You got it.
放宽心
Mrs. Spiro?
斯皮罗太太
Bull? How late am I?
布尔 我迟到了多久
20 minutes.
二十分钟
How long do you think it'll take me to get excused?
你觉得律师会多快摆脱我
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我完全不知道你在说什么
I'm betting 45 minutes.
我估计四十五分钟
The defendant,
被告
one Kendrick Gorman, who is accused
肯德里克·戈尔曼
of practicing law
被控无证从事
without a license.
法律工作
My God, he's actually pronouncing every comma.
天呐 他真是一个字一个字往外蹦
That's right.
没错
Could there possibly be a bigger abuse of trust?
还有比这等滥用信用之事更令人深恶痛绝的吗
You find yourself on the wrong side of the law.
当你惹上了官司
Desperate for help.
渴求帮助
You hire an attorney.
你雇了一个律师
Only to find that he's not really an attorney.
却发现他其实并非一名律师
But an impostor.
而是个骗子
As opposed to an authentic idiot like you.
最起码他不是和你一样的白♥痴♥
Dr. Jason Bull.
杰森·布尔博士
The Dr. Jason Bull?
你就是杰森·布尔博士
Hmm. I'm afraid so.
正是
What a pleasure to finally meet you.
能见到你 我真是倍感荣幸
And you, as well.
彼此彼此
And now, I know you've done work with my office,
我知道您和我方 州检察长办公室
the state attorney general's office,
合作过
and I know you're also
我也知道您是
thought to be one of the best in your field.
那个领域公认的权威人士
So, just to be clear, you advise
您给像我一样的法律人士提供建议
people like me how to pick juries.
如何选择陪审团
What to say to juries, how to get the juries to come
建议我们要对陪审团说什么 如何引导陪审团
to conclusions whoever hires you needs them to come to.
得出对您的客户有利的判决
Is that correct?
对吗
Well, that's not how I'd put it, but...
我不会这么形容 但...
Your Honor, we'd like to strike this juror for cause.
法官大人 我方申请撤销这名陪审员的资格
What cause?
何为理由
Well, you just heard him.
您刚刚也听到了
He is an expert
他是
in all matters pertaining to juries.
剖析陪审团的专家
And that's all well and good.
这完全没有问题
But as far as I can tell, in this particular case,
但最起码 布尔博士不会在本案中
Dr. Bull will not be picking jurors.
帮助任何一方挑选陪审员
Nor will he be advising either side on what to say to them.
他也不会为任何一方提供建议
And as far as helping them come to conclusions,
告诉他们如何引导陪审团进行判决
well, hopefully that's the job
而这正是每位陪审员
of every juror during the period of deliberations.
在庭上的职责
Ms. Dunn, would you care to question the juror?
邓恩女士 你有什么问题想问这名陪审员吗
So you're a jury consultant?
您就是那位陪审团分♥析♥师
A trial scientist, yes.
庭审专家 是的
You advise lawyers on
您向律师们提出建议
how to try their cases.
告诉他们如何在法庭上施展拳脚
Sometimes, yes.
有时是这样的
So, in a sense,
所以某种意义上
you practice law without a license.
您的行为正是无照从事法律工作
Just like my client.
就像我的客户那样
No, I wouldn't exactly say that.
不 我可不会这么说
This juror is acceptable to the defense.
辩方接受这名陪审员
Your Honor, uh, if I may,
法官大人 请让我说一句
I would love to be seated on this jury.
我非常愿意成为本案的陪审员
Well, then, today's your lucky day.
那你今天将得偿所愿
But unfortunately, um,
但很可惜
I have a... a previous commitment, a legal commitment.
我已有约 而且是具有法律效力之约
A legal commitment?
具有法律效力之约
Yes, indeed. Uh, I am in the midst of starting
正是 我的客户正在楼下的法庭
a murder trial downstairs, right in this very courthouse.
进行谋杀案的审判 就在这栋法♥院♥大楼里
And, um... uh, you may have heard of it.
您也许听说过此案
The State v. Heather Spiro?
州诉希瑟·斯皮罗
It's a very big, important case.
这可是个要案
Yes, I have heard of it.
我听说过
Well, aren't you the VIP?
想必他们一定很需要你的协助
However, trial scientists are not now,
然而对于美国刑事司法系统而言
nor have they ever been, essential
庭审专家
to the American criminal justice system.
从来不是必要人物
But jurors are.
但陪审员必不可少
Your Honor, my client is facing a life sentence.
法官大人 我的客户很有可能被判终身监禁
She has a lawyer?
她有律师吗
She does.
有
Good. Then everybody has what they need.
既然如此 各方都万事俱备了
She has a lawyer, we have 12 jurors.
她有律师 而我们有十二位陪审员
Welcome to my court, Dr. Bull.
布尔博士 欢迎在我的法庭
And welcome to jury duty.
履行陪审员义务
Ah. You can win $100 million verdicts
你能帮助客户击败跨国公♥司♥
against multinational corporations,
赢得一亿美元的赔偿金
but you can't argue your way out of jury duty?
却无法让自己摆脱陪审员义务吗
Trust me, I tried.
我已经竭尽所能了
I think the judge has a crush on me.
我觉得法官可能暗恋我
Needless to say,
更不用说
our client is not pleased.
客户对此意见满满
Oh, I don't blame her.
情有可原
You just missed her.
她刚被带走
They just put her in the prison van ten minutes ago.
她十分钟前上了囚车
Well, the good news is, I won't be on this jury for long.
好消息是那场庭审不会太久
There are only three people on the witness list.
只有三个证人
Whole thing should be over in a day.
一天内就能结束
Now, I was thinking for tomorrow,
至于明天的庭审
it makes sense to promote Chunk to the second chair.
让特朗科做你的副手
Someone sitting next to you with Marissa in his ear.
这样就有个人陪在你和玛丽莎身边了
I get that. So what's the strategy?
明白 辩护策略是什么
Well, I'm thinking EED defense.
精神障碍辩护
EED?
EED
Extreme emotional disturbance?
精神障碍辩护
No, that's not going to work.
这可不行
EED happens in the moment.
精神障碍辩护只适用于冲动型犯罪
And the evidence clearly proves
证据表明
that this was not a spontaneous act.
这并非冲动型犯罪
By her own admission,
她自己也承认
she was lying in wait for this guy for days.
她已经守株待兔好几天了
I know. I just want to use it to get our foot in the door.
我知道 我只是想用它来占得先机
Gives us an excuse in your opening statement
为你创造个理由在开庭陈词钟
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表