剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I would. In fact, even though Mrs. Summerfield
当然 即使萨默菲尔德夫人
is suing us for malpractice, I...
正因失职而起诉我们 我...
my whole team has offered to waive their fees.
我的团队已经免除她的所有治疗费用
Anything to make her surgery possible.
只要能让她做手术 我们什么都愿意做
And the hospital where we performed the procedure
进行手术的医院
has indicated they, too, would like to help out,
也表示同意
waive certain costs.
免除一部分费用
So if everyone is pitching in,
既然大家都愿意出一份力
if everyone wants to see this happen,
都想为她争取到匹配的肝源
what is standing in the way of Mrs. Summerfield
为何萨默菲尔德夫人
getting the new liver she requires?
却无法得到所需肝源
Well, you can't just order them up on Amazon Prime.
肝脏毕竟无法轻易获得
They're harvested from healthy people
所有肝源都来自猝然离世的
who meet an untimely end
健康人
and whose families are willing to donate them,
同时还需要家属的许可
which makes their availability
因此找到肝源的可供性
unpredictable.
是无法预测的
Also, not just any liver will do.
而且并非所有肝脏都可行
The liver has to be carefully matched to the patient,
移植所需的肝脏必须和患者相匹配
or the patient's body rejects it.
否则将产生排斥反应
All of which makes the process of finding a liver
寻找肝源 进行检测 后续追踪
and all the necessary testing and follow-up
这一系列治疗
very, very time-consuming
都及其耗时
and very expensive. How expensive?
且非常昂贵 有多贵
Anywhere from $400,000 to $500,000.
需要四十到五十万美元
And without that transplant,
如果不进行移植手术
how long is Mrs. Summerfield expected to live?
萨默菲尔德夫人还能活多久
Honey, you ready to go?
亲爱的 我们出去吧
Come on. Get you out of here.
走吧
We love you.
我们爱你
Love you.
我也爱你们
Come on, Squirt, you're with me.
过来 斯阔特 跟我走
Go with Daddy. We'll get you out of here.
跟爸爸出去吧 我带你出去
I know it's not technically possible,
我知道这基本不可能
but I'd almost swear
但我发誓六位
our six red jurors got even redder.
反对的陪审员如今对我们的客户深恶痛绝
Will the witness please answer the question?
证人请回答问题
Without a transplant,
如果不进行移植手术
I believe life expectancy is roughly four months.
我认为预期寿命大概有四个月
Four months.
只有四个月
16 weeks.
十六周
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官大人
Thank you for your testimony, Dr. Bendry.
本瑞德医生 谢谢您出庭作证
Appreciate you taking the time to be here,
感谢您愿意为此事抽出宝贵的时间
and appreciate you offering your services for free
也感谢你们愿意免费提供治疗
to try to undo the horrible situation
尽己所能来修复
that Mrs. Summerfield finds herself in.
萨默菲尔德夫人受损的肝脏
You're welcome.
不用谢
Just... one question.
我只有一个问题
What if it was suddenly possible
假如突然有机会
for Mrs. Summerfield to have the operation
为萨默菲尔德夫人进行所需的手术
you're saying she needs?
会是怎样的光景
We find her a liver, everything is paid for,
假如出现了匹配的肝脏 她也不必支付医疗费
the operation's a success...
手术一切顺利的话
How long would you estimate that she would live?
你估计她会活多久
Ten years, 20 years, 30 years?
十年 二十年 可能三十年
Objection. Counsel is asking the witness to speculate.
反对 被告律师在引导证人推测
The counsel is asking the witness
我是在依据他的专业知识
for his expertise, Your Honor.
提问的 法官大人
Objection overruled.
反对无效
The witness will answer the question.
证人请回答问题
Three years. Maybe three and a half.
三年 或许三年半
The first cancer took a terrible toll on her,
第一次癌症给她的身体造成了巨大损伤
and now this second one...
而这次的...
So 36 months, maybe 42.
所以是三十六个月 也许四十二个月
And how much did you say the operation would cost?
您之前说手术费用是多少来着
Between 400,000 and 500,000.
四十万到五十万美元
Half a million?
五十万
Got it.
了解
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了 法官大人
Nice.
做得好
Chunk, Danny and I
特朗科 丹尼和我
all really thought it was a huge mistake
都认为给一个女人的生命明码标价
to put a price tag on the woman's life,
是一个巨大的错误
but then I just looked up,
但我刚刚看了一下
and one of our red jurors actually turned green.
一位原本反对的陪审员改变看法了
Now the trick is
关键在于
not to lose him or her along the way.
我们能否留住这位陪审员
Let's talk about 42 months.
我们来谈谈四十二个月吧
Some people might argue that that doesn't seem like
也许有人认为 这并不是一段
a very long time,
很长的时间
particularly given how scarce livers are...
尤其是在肝源如此短缺
how much it will cost to do the surgery.
且手术费过高的前提下
In 42 months,
四十二个月后
my five-year-old son will be in third grade.
我五岁的儿子就要上三年级了
If I get 42 more months,
如果我能多活四十二个月
I'll be able to see him walk to school
我还能在接下来的几年里
through all four seasons of the year
目送他
another couple hundred times.
背着书包去上学
I could help him learn to read,
我可以教他阅读
show him how to tie his shoes.
系鞋带
And my little girl, Maura,
还有我的小女儿 莫拉
she'll be in first grade.
她那时就上一年级了
We'll get to buy school supplies together,
我们可以一起去买♥♥文具
make Halloween costumes.
做万圣节的服装
I could teach her how to brush her hair.
我可以教她梳头
It's three more Christmases and six more birthday parties.
可以和他们共度三次圣诞节 六次生日派对
Maybe I'll get to see them ride bikes and ice skate
也许我还能看到他们骑自行车 滑冰
and swim with floaties.
带着游泳圈去游泳
Maybe even without.
或许那时他们已经学会游泳了
But most of all,
最重要的是
I'll be able to kiss them good night
我还能在无数个夜晚
over a thousand times more.
亲吻他们入眠的睡脸
We have no further questions, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了 法官大人
Very well, then...
好
let's take a 20-minute recess.
休庭二十分钟
Hi, guys. Come here.
过来
Hello.
宝贝们
How are you guys?
你们还好吗
I'll be right back. I'm gonna pay for parking.
我去交一下停车费 马上回来
Okay.
好
How are you guys doing?
你们玩得如何
Is Daddy taking good care of you out here in the hall?
爸爸在走廊有照顾好你们吗
Yes.
有
Good.
那就好
I have to go to the bathroom. Right now?
我想去洗手间 现在吗
Honey, Daddy just went to go put money in the meter.
宝贝 爸爸去交停车费了
Can you wait till he gets back?
你能等到他回来吗
No, I have to go right now.
不行 我现在就得去
But, honey, I can't take you in the men's room,
宝贝 但我不能陪你进男洗手间
and you're too big to go in the ladies' room,
而你也早就过了进女洗手间的年龄了
and this is New York City.
更何况这里是纽约
You know, I can take him.
我可以带他去
I couldn't help but overhear.
抱歉 我不小心听到了
I could take him to the men's. I'll keep an eye on him.
我可以带他去男洗手间 我会看好他的
You okay in there? Yes.
一切都还好吗 很好
Don't forget to flush.
别忘记冲水
All right. Wash your hands.
好了 洗手
There's the soap.
这有洗手液
Attaboy.
真乖
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表