剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
doctors discovered she had endometrial cancer.
医生发现她得了子♥宫♥内膜癌
Soon as the baby was born, they put Julia on chemo.
孩子一出生 她就开始化疗了
Then they operated, surgically removed the cancer.
做了手术 切除肿瘤
Or so they thought.
医生当时以为肿瘤已全部切除
It was only later that they realized
直到后来才发现
the cancer spread to her liver.
癌症已转移至肝脏
She went back into the hospital last year
去年 她开始重新就医
for microwave treatments,
进行微波治疗
and there was a horrible accident.
结果发生了一起可怕的事故
The treatment left a hole in her liver
治疗使她的肝脏出现破裂
the size of an apple.
已有一个苹果的大小
My God.
天呐
Given how badly her immune system had been taxed
之前的癌症严重损伤了她的免疫系统
by her earlier cancers, her prognosis was pretty dire.
医生预测她的病情十分严重
Without a liver transplant,
若不进行肝脏移植
she was given only a year to a year and a half to live.
她只剩一年到一年半的时间了
She filed a claim with her insurance company,
她向保险公♥司♥提出索赔
EquiSafe Insurance,
全权保险公♥司♥
to pay for the surgery, which costs somewhere
要求保险公♥司♥承担
in the neighborhood of $400,000.
约四十万美元的手术费
That was four months ago.
那是四个月之前的事
This isn't gonna end well, is it?
结果不太好 对吧
And they denied her claim.
他们驳回了她的诉求
In the meantime, she has filed suits against the hospital,
与此同时 她对就医的医院 医生
the doctors,
以及
the manufacturers of the equipment that malfunctioned.
制♥造♥故障设备的厂家都提起了诉讼
But as you might imagine, all of those are going to take years
但是你们也能想象到 这些诉讼都要花上
to make their way through the courts.
好几年时间才会有结果
And since, at this point, she has little more than
而她只有
three or four months to live,
三 四个月的时间
she decided to file suit against her insurance company,
于是她决定对保险公♥司♥ 全权
EquiSafe, to pay for the operation.
提起诉讼 要求他们负担手术的费用
Okay. So when do we get to meet our client?
我们什么时候能见这位客户
He's already here. He's in Bull's office.
他已经到了 在布尔的办公室
He? I... I thought, uh...
他吗 我以为...
We're not representing Mrs. Summerfield.
我们代表的不是萨默菲尔德夫人
We'll be working on behalf of the insurance company.
我们将站在保险公♥司♥这一方
Hey. I left three messages for Cable,
我已经给凯博留了三条留言
bunch of texts, and I just fired off an e-mail.
发了一堆信息 刚刚又写了一封邮件
If she doesn't make contact by the end of the day,
要是今天还没联♥系♥上她
I'll go by her place.
我就直接去她家
Anybody here know how much
有没有人知道
two million dollars a month is?
一个月两百万美金是什么概念
Two million dollars a month.
一个月两百万美金
Exactly right.
没错
Two mil a month.
一个月两百万
Roughly half a million a week, that's a hundred grand a day.
大概一周五十万 相当于每天十万
Sounds like a lot, right? But...
听上去不少吧 但是...
when you got 30-some employees,
当你雇佣着三十几个员工
and you're renting 6,000 square feet
租赁位于曼哈顿中心地带
of prime Manhattan real estate, when you pay taxes, insurance,
六千平方英尺的办公室 交税 付保险金
you have green drinks to pay for,
购买♥♥昂贵的健康饮品
your team loses a couple of cases while you're convalescing,
在你康复期间 团队又输了几个案子
a guaranteed two mil a month
每月若是有两百万的固定收入
makes a huge difference.
情况就大不相同了
I only mention it because, when I was in Arizona,
我之所以这么说是因为我在亚利桑那州
learning how to eat, not drink, exercise
学习健康饮食 戒酒锻炼
and control my temper,
如何控制暴躁情绪时
I met a man named Marshall Hitchcock.
我认识了一个名叫马歇尔·希契科克的人
And for those of you not familiar,
有些人也许还不太熟悉这个名字
he is the CEO of EquiSafe Insurance.
他是全权保险公♥司♥的执行总裁
And watching him struggle with his recovery
他坎坷的康复过程
made a huge impact on me.
对我产生了深远的影响
And apparently, I made some kind of impact on him,
显然 我也给他留下了很深的印象
because he asked if my firm...
因为他想知道我的公♥司♥...
our firm... would be interested
我们的公♥司♥... 愿不愿意
in a two million dollar a month retainer.
接下一个每月能带来两百万美元收入的客户
And with that in mind,
希望大家铭记这点
I'd love you to meet our new client,
然后热烈欢迎我们的新客户
Mr. Marshall Hitchcock.
马歇尔·希契科克先生
Thank you for that.
谢谢你
Crazy about your boss, by the way.
顺便说一句 我也超爱你们的老板
Listen, uh, I know people hear "Insurance company",
我知道当人们听到”保险公♥司♥”这四个字时
and they, uh, roll their eyes.
通常会翻白眼
But I have a secret.
但我想告诉你们一个秘密
We actually provide an extraordinary service.
我们提供的服务难能可贵
We actually do something great.
我们所从事的事业十分伟大
And I personally know that now
如今 我个人对此深有体会
because I just went through a horrible experience,
不久前 我经历了一段非常痛苦的时期
and like your boss, I needed extraordinary care,
和你们老板一样 我需要全方位的照料
and I got it.
我有幸得到了这样的服务
And my insurance helped make that happen.
这都归功于我的保险
Yeah. So, uh...
所以说...
Anyway, I... I'm gonna get out of here and let you folks
就这样 我就不打扰你们
do what it is you do, but I just wanted to say hello
工作了 我只是想和大家打个招呼
and, uh, tell you how much I'm looking forward
告诉你们我有多期待
to working together.
能和你们共事
Thank you. Thank you. All right.
谢谢大家 也谢谢你
So, just to be clear,
我强调一下
moving forward, EquiSafe Insurance
接下来 全权保险公♥司♥
has first call on our services.
将是我们的首要客户
And while we're free to take on other cases,
虽然我们也可以接其他的案子
they are the only insurance company
但我们不会再代理
that we will be representing.
其他保险公♥司♥了
Boss?
老板
We hear you. I hear you.
我们明白了 我明白了
And, uh, this sounds like a great thing for the company,
这确实能让公♥司♥受益
but this... this first case is, um...
但第一个案子...
I sense some of you are upset about it.
我能感觉到你们有些人不太愿意处理此案
I suspect you think we should be on the other side of this one,
你们或许觉得我们本该站在受害者那边
that you'd rather be representing the woman, who,
你们更希望能代表那位女士
through no fault of her own, lost the use of her liver
她无辜无罪 却不幸丧失了肝功能
and almost certainly is going to lose her life.
还将不久于人世
You want to go home at night,
你们都希望一天结束后
feel good about yourself.
对自己的所作所为 问心无愧
Plus, it's kind of a slam dunk.
更何况想要煽动陪审团
I mean, it's not hard to find a jury, let alone mount a case,
让他们对仗势欺人的保险公♥司♥心神厌恶
against a big, bad insurance company.
简直小菜一碟
Of course one problem with that: she didn't hire us.
但问题的关键是 她并没有雇佣我们
The big, bad insurance company did,
雇佣我们的正是仗势欺人的保险公♥司♥
and this is a business,
我们所做的是生意
not a charity, so...
而不是慈善 所以...
Yeah, that heart attack really smoothed off the rough edges.
那次心脏病当真磨平了他的棱角
Turned him into a pussycat.
把他变成畏首畏尾的小猫咪
Maybe she just went out to get some coffee.
说不定她只是出去买♥♥咖啡了
Maybe.
也许吧
If you want, you could give me your number,
不介意的话 你可以留下联♥系♥电♥话♥
and then if she comes back, I can let you know, or,
她回来后 我便通知你 或者
you know, if I hear anything, I give you a call.
如果有什么新情况 一定转告你
No?
可以吗
And, you know, and then I... I'll give you my number
如果你还需要过来
if you need to get back in here again.
我可以把我的号♥码给你
It's simple. It's not a problem.
举手之劳 我完全不介意
Wait, so my friend is missing, and you're hitting on me?
我朋友失踪了 你却想泡我
I... No, I'm not hitting on you.
我... 不是 我不是想泡你
I just...
我只是...
I mean, I know nothing about you.
我完全不了解你
I mean, you know, you could be married for all I know.
我连你结没结婚都不知道
I got to go.
我要走了
Hello?
你好
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表