剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
are doing everything they are supposed to be doing.
也会尽职尽责
But if you're unhappy, or you have a better idea,
若你依旧不满意 或另有妙招
or you have some secret plan for getting away with murder
甚至早已秘密计划好如何逃脱一起在纽约
on a New York City sidewalk in broad daylight,
光天化日之下所犯的谋杀罪
I'd love to hear it.
我洗耳恭听
I didn't think so.
我也不期望你有
And third, there is one thing I am certain of.
第三 我唯一可以确定的是
If we don't put your daughter on that stand,
如果你女儿不出庭作证
you are going to prison.
你肯定会进监狱
And the only question will be for a quarter of a century
区别在于你的刑期将是二十五年
or the rest of your life?
还是无期
She'll never do it.
她不会去作证的
And I'll never let her.
我也不会让她去
Then we are all wasting our time.
那我们不过是在浪费时间
No. Not you.
最起码你不是
Not yet.
还没有
You actually haven't given me any of your time to waste.
你甚至不愿为我腾出一星半点的时间
You guys are right.
你们说得对
She's a peach. Well, maybe you haven't heard.
她真是善解人意 也许你没听说过
I like to win.
我喜欢赢
So buckle up, put on a happy face,
所以请你整装待发 调整面部表情
and get ready to have your mind changed.
看着我们将如何扭转乾坤
You know, if I were advising that Gorman fella,
如果丹尼是我的客户
I'd tell him to do the, uh, closing argument himself.
我会让他自己做结案陈词
He needs to show that jury that, even though he doesn't have
让陪审团看到 即使没有律师资格证
a law license, he's a great litigator.
他也是一名很厉害的辩护人
Would you stop that, please?
别说了 行吗
We're not supposed to be doing this.
我们不能这么做
Jurors are not supposed
陪审员不能
to talk to defendants outside the courtroom.
在法庭外和辩护律师进行接触
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I didn't say a word.
我什么也没说
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的女士们先生们
I intend to prove to you that this,
我想向你们证明
this was no vigilante killing.
被告的所作所为并非动用私刑
That this was an act of desperation committed by a woman
这不过是一个母亲的绝望之举
who fell victim to a mental condition called EED.
她患有一种名为EED的精神疾病
Extreme emotional disturbance.
精神障碍
Objection.
反对
Objection?
反对
Y... Your Honor, I'm still giving my opening statement.
法官大人 我还在进行开庭陈词
EED, really, Your Honor?
精神障碍 真的吗 法官大人
The State would like to be heard.
检方有话要说
Oh, well, the defense would like to be heard, too.
辩方也有话要说
As a matter of fact, the defense would like
辩方希望能继续进行
to finish their opening statement.
开庭陈述
Wow. We've barely started. Okay.
我们才刚刚爱是
Want to see you both in my chambers.
到我的办公室来
I love the law.
我热爱法律
I know that must sound ridiculous coming from someone
我知道一个违法的人这样说一定很荒谬
who's on trial for breaking it, but it is the truth.
但这是事实
I never planned on impersonating a... an attorney.
我从未想伪装成一名律师
Five years ago, a woman friend asked me
五年前 一位女性朋友让我
to go with her to, um, small claims court,
陪她参加一场小额诉讼
offer moral support.
给她精神支持
Um, I was wearing a suit 'cause, um...
我当时穿着西装
I was a... a mortician and I had a funeral that day.
我当时是个殡葬业者 那天刚好有场葬礼
And anyway, uh, the judge started asking
然后法官不断向我朋友
a bunch of questions.
提问
And my friend kind of froze.
我的朋友吓傻了
So I started answering for her.
所以我只好替她回答
Next thing I know, my friend won her case.
不知不觉间 我朋友赢了那场官司
And as we, uh, left the courtroom, this guy
当我们离开法庭 有人突然跑来告诉我
came running up to me to tell me how impressed he was,
他被我的能力所震撼
and would I represent him
问我能不能在一场交通肇事案中
the following week i... in traffic court?
做他的代理律师
One case led to another.
一个案子接一个案子
A... And, and the amazing thing was, I, I never lost.
最奇怪的是我从没输过
I also, uh, never charged more than $35 an hour.
我的收费也从没超过三十五美元一小时
I know that sounds crazy, but like I said,
我知道这听起来不可思议 但如我所说
I, I love the law.
我热爱法律
And thank God for the Internet,
感谢网络的诞生
'cause anything I didn't know, I, I cou... I could look up.
因为我一有疑问 就能在网上找到答案
But of course, I... I knew it was wrong.
当然 我知道这么做是错的
Although I'm not sure it should be.
虽然我不确定是否应当如此
I mean, doesn't the law belong to everyone?
法律难道不该属于所有人吗
Not just people with money who can take seven years
不止局限于那些接受了七年专业教育的
off of their lives and go to school?
有钱人
Or... or clients who, who can bankroll a defense?
或是那些能请得起辩护律师的被告
But, um, that's a conversation for another day.
当然 这些都是将来的大议题
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Sorry for what I did,
我对自己的所作所为道歉
but I... I would beg you not to find me guilty.
但我求你们别判我有罪
Because if I'm convicted,
因为一旦我被判有罪
even when I pass the bar,
即使我通过律师资格考试
I will not ever be allowed to practice my beloved law again.
我也没有机会成为律师 捍卫我热爱的法律了
Also, this will be the first case I ever lose.
而且这将成为我输的第一个案子
Benny!
本尼
Terrific.
棒极了
I'm here.
我在这
Oh, it's Benny of Arc.
圣男本尼
Don't make fun.
别开玩笑了
My back has declared war on the rest of my body.
我都累得直不起腰了
It's all in your head.
你想多了
Nope. It's all in my back.
不 我的背真的很疼
Why are you in such a good mood?
你怎么这么开心
I have completed my service as juror.
我尽了陪审员的职责
The accused was found not guilty.
被告被判无罪
Unanimously.
陪审团一致同意
But the big news is,
但更重要的是
I am back on the team.
我归来了
Ready to head into court
做好了一切出庭的准备
and fight for the freedom of our delightful client.
随时可以为我们那善解人意的客户的自♥由♥而战
Now,
你怎么会
what's making you so anxious that your back's gone out?
焦虑到背痛
The judge threw out our EED defense.
法官否决了我们的精神障碍辩护
Didn't even let me get through my opening statement.
甚至不让我作完开庭陈词
Now my back's starting to hurt.
现在我的背也开始疼了
What if we lose?
如果输了怎么办
Remember, we don't have to change every juror's mind.
记住 我们不用改变所有陪审员的看法
Just one will get us a mistrial.
只要改变一个 就能让判决无效
Three or four, and the D.A. might even dismiss the charges.
若是能改变三 四个 地方检察官也许会撤诉
When you were a kid, you believed in Santa, didn't you?
你小时候相信圣诞老人存在 对吧
Till I was about 35.
一直到三十五岁 我都这么相信
You think what she did was wrong?
你觉得她做错了吗
Yes.
是的
You think punishing her for it is right?
你觉得她应该为此受到惩罚吗
No.
不
Me either.
我也这么认为
Benny, we can win this thing.
本尼 我们一定能赢
You have a plan B?
你还有其他计划吗
I have a plan B-minus.
我有一个稍显逊色的计划
It's not great, and it still presents the same big problem.
还不够周全 也会引起同样严重的问题
Okay. Lay it on me.
和我说说
We go in there tomorrow and announce a new defense theory.
明天开庭后 我们给出一个新的辩护理论
It's called defense of others.
为他人进行防卫
Defense of others. I know it well.
为他人进行防卫 我对此了如指掌
It's kind of like self-defense, only we argue that
这就像自卫 我们只要证明
Heather shot that man in order to protect her daughter.
希瑟射杀那个男人是为了保护她的女儿
Which I believe with all my heart is the truth.
而我相信这正是她那么做的原因
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表