Where grief became gladness,
在那里 悲伤变成了小猫咪的喵喵声
where sorrow became the mewing of tiny kittens
还有珍贵的小鸭子们的嬉闹声
and splash of precious duck babies at play.
然后有一个声音向我传来
And a voice came unto me...
这边请
This way.
对我说"出发吧 去实现你的梦想"
And said, "go forth and realize your dream."
我也这么做了
And so did I obey...
我为世间永恒建造了整座丛林低语
And build for all eternity this whispering glades.
陌生的人们啊 走进此门 感受快乐吧
Stranger, enter these gates and be happy.
有什么需要吗 先生?
May I help you, sir?
对 我要安排一场葬礼
Uh, yes. Uh, I came to arrange about a funeral.
是您自己的葬礼吗?
Is the funeral for yourself?
您说什么?
I beg your pardon?
不是
Uh, no.
我以为您是来做预付服务咨♥询♥的
I thought you might have come for pre-need counseling.
我们的很多朋友都喜欢提前安排好
Many of our friends like to plan ahead.
您是逝者的亲属吗?
Was your loved one a relative?
对 他是我舅舅
Uh, yes. Uh, he was my uncle.
既然这样 他一定是高加索人了
In that case, he must have been Caucasian.
当然不是 他是英国人
Certainly not, no.He was English.
哦 那就是的 英国人是高加索人种
Oh, that's all right.English is Caucasian.
我们更倾向于在丛林低语里这么称呼
We prefer that word at whispering glades.
比起"白人"攻击性没那么强
It's much less offensive than "white."
好吧 那我可以明确地说...
Oh. well, uh,I can assure you that he was, uh...
他挺"白"的
He was quite white.
受福牧师必须考虑亲属的感受
The blessed reverend has to consider the feelings of the waiting ones.
面对最终的审判时 他们更希望和自己人在一起
In time of trial,they prefer to be with their own people.
请问逝者的姓名是?
May I ask, what was your loved one's name?
弗朗西斯▪欣斯利爵士
Uh, Sir Francis Hinsley.
哎呀 难怪啊
Why, of course.
安布罗斯▪阿波克洛必爵士今早来过电♥话♥
Why, of course.Sir Ambrose Abercrombie called this morning
说要送一个大人物来
and said someone would be coming.
我们都十分景仰安布罗斯爵士
We all have the greatest respect for Sir Ambrose.
事实上 我们都期待有朝一日他也被送来
In fact, we hope that one day, he may decide to join us.
啊?
What?
请您稍等片刻
Would you wait here a moment, please?
您恐怕没完全明白
I'm afraid you don't quite understand.
到底是出什么事了?
What's all this about anyway?
是我的钱不够吗?
Is there something wrong with my money?
问题不在这儿 伯恩斯坦先生
That's not the question,Mr. Bernstein.
我们并非有意针对您
Please, don't take this personally.
我相信城里还有很多高级场所
I'm sure there are many high-class establishments
乐意解决您的问题
which would be delighted to help you.
比如科士兰公墓
Forest lawn, for example.
注: 位于洛杉矶近郊的著名公墓, 售价昂贵, 许多名人长眠于此
前台有他们的地址
You can get their address at the information desk.
十分抱歉
So sorry.
走吧 克莱拉
Come, Clara.
巴罗先生 这位是我们的入殓师
Mr. Barlow? This is our cosmetician
她来自于哥特灵堂
from the Gothic slumber room.
她会好好接待您的
She'll take good care of you.
请跟我来
Will you follow me,please?
您目前有什么想法吗?
What did you have in mind?
土葬 棺葬 火葬还是安全棺材?
Inhumement, entombment, inurnment, immurement?
最近有些人更喜欢用石棺
Some people just lately have preferred insarcophagusment.
看个人喜好
It's very individual.
呃 我想埋了就可以
Well, I think we'd better just have him buried.
这边 请
This way, please.
就是这边
Right this way.
请坐
Please be seated.
挺舒服的
Very restful.
请问您的亲人的死因是?
What did your loved one pass on from?
他是上吊死的
He hanged himself.
面部损毁严重吗?
Was the face much disfigured?
面目可怖
Hideously.
那很常见
That's quite usual.
现在 请问有没有什么
Now, was there anything
代表逝者的个人特征吗?
especially characteristic of your loved one?
让我想想 呃...
Let me think. Uh...
他抽不抽烟斗呢?
Did he smoke a pipe ,perhaps?
有些人愿意为逝者的嘴里放上烟斗
Some people prefer that their loved ones Inhumement
如果逝者在生前抽烟的话
I mean, of course,if they smoked one during life.
呃
Well...
之前有位女士要求让逝者握住电♥话♥
Then there was a lady who made her leave-taking holding a telephone.
他确实...
He did, uh...
有时会带着雨伞
Carry an umbrella at times,
可是 我不认为...
but I--I don't suppose--
伞是关上的就行
well, if it were closed.
告诉我
Tell me...
你喜欢这工作吗?
Do you enjoy this kind of work?
我把它看作一种无尚的特权 巴罗先生
I regard it as a very, very great privilege, Mr. Barlow.
现在我们最好去选棺材吧
Now I think we'd better go and look at the caskets.
斯塔克先生会根据逝者的特需
A Mr. Starker will counsel you
为您提供专业建议
as to your loved one's additional needs.
斯塔克顾问?
Counsel Starker?
这位是巴罗先生
This is Mr. Barlow.
巴罗先生 -你好
Mr. Barlow. -how do you do
巴罗先生的要送走的是弗朗西斯▪欣斯利爵士
Mr. Barlow's loved one is Sir Francis Hinsley.
好的 我们一定让弗朗西斯爵士
Yes, of course. I'm certain we can accommodate Sir Francis
走得体体面面
in an appropriate manner.
您有什么特殊的要求吗 巴罗先生?
Had you any special requirements in mind, Mr. Barlow?
呃 我还没想那么多
Ahem. well, I, uh,haven't thought much about it, actually.
呃 一切发生得都太突然了
You see, well,it, uh, all happened quite suddenly, you see.
是 当然 这边请
Yes, of course.This way.
请看 这些是铅衣钢
Now, these are lead-coated steel.
中等价格
Medium price range.
这是静谧之夜特制款
The silent night special.
它堪称独一无二 请允许我这么说
And very special it is, too,if I may say so.
它的防水设计
Waterproof, of course.
防水?
Uh, waterproof?
我们的所有的产品都防水
All our units are waterproof.
对于中等价位的产品来说
This offers maximum protection
它具有最佳防水性能
for a unit in the middle price range.
现在 看看这尊贵的安眠之王 由七号♥钢材制♥造♥
Now, here is your handsome rest king in 7-Gauge steel
八种不同颜色组合任君挑选
with a choice of finish in 8 color combinations.
这款产品具有最佳的防护性
This unit is guaranteed to give maximum protection.
可以隔湿 巴罗先生
It's moisture-proof,Mr. Barlow.
这些是铜棺材
And here are your bronzes.
它们具有防潮效果
They are dampness-proof.
防潮?
Dampness-proof?
不仅防水 而且隔湿 巴罗先生
Not merely waterproof nor moisture-proof, Mr. Barlow,
还能防潮
but dampness-proof.
除此之外 这是皇家款式
Now, then, in addition, your emperor model
内衬既不是人造棉 也不是绉纱
features not a rayon or crepe interior,
而是全真丝材质
but an all-silk interior.
请告诉我 巴罗先生
Tell me, Mr. Barlow,
您的舅舅肌肤是否敏感
was your uncle a sensitive person?
是的 我想他是吧
Yes, I--I suppose he was.
人造棉会磨 知道吗
Rayon chafes, you know.
就我个人而言 我觉得磨得很疼
Personally, I find it really quite abrasive.
呃 我想我要这种
Well, then I think that I'll take
呃 皇家 皇家款
the, uh, emperor--emperor model.
太好了 巴罗先生 太好了
Wonderful, Mr. Barlow.Wonderful.
那么 巴罗先生
Now, then, Mr. Barlow,
您对于外在设计有想法吗?
have you given any thought to exterior designations?
我推荐我们的永恒之火
I can give you our eternal flame
有长♥期♥的永恒 也有标准款永恒
in either perpetual eternal or standard eternal.
呃 有什么不同吗?
Ah. well, what is the difference,actually?
标准款永恒
Well, with standard eternal,
烛光只在探视时段亮起
your flame burns only during visiting hours.
晚上就会熄灭
It is shut down at night.
电影精选列表