我们即将到达的是
We are now about to land
世界闻名的城市洛杉矶
in the world-famous city of Los Angeles.
这个名字源自古西班牙语
Its name, translated from the ancient Spanish,
意为"天使之城"
means "city of the angels."
这也是
It is also the home
美国电影工业之家
of the American motion-picture industry.
"这是夜之城
"The city is of night,
或许是死亡之城"
perchance of death."
每周都有约两万人来此定居
20,000 people arrive here to settle every week.
"进入这座城市的人孤注一掷"
"They leave all hope behind who enter here."
"他们一旦明白无法离开"
"Once certitude while saying they cannot leave,
"一种针对折磨和绝望的止疼药——"
"one anodyne for torture and despair--
"便是死亡"
the certitude of death."
好了好了 我知道了
There, there. I'll get it, then.
你能帮忙看一下我的女儿吗?
Would you look after my little girl, please?
就一小会儿
Just for a moment.
但是 呃
But, uh--
女士?
uh, madam?
嘘 嘘 嘘
Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh.
没事了 没事了 没关系
That's all right. That's all right.
没事的 妈妈马上就回来了
That's all right. Mum will be right back.
妈妈马上就回来 妈妈马上就回来
Mum will be right back. Mum will be right back.
请大家系好安全带
Kindly fasten your seat belts
本航♥班♥禁止吸烟
and refrain from smoking, please.
这儿 坐吧
Here. sit. Sit down.
♪噢 壮美啊♪
♪♪ O beautiful ♪♪
♪有辽阔的天空♪
♪♪ For spacious skies ♪♪
♪有无边的麦浪♪
♪♪ For Amber waves of grain ♪♪
♪还有巍巍群山♪
♪♪ For purple mountains majesties ♪♪
♪在那硕果累累的田野上♪
♪♪ Above the fruited plain ♪♪
♪美♥利♥坚♥!♪
♪♪ America ♪♪
♪美♥利♥坚♥!♪
♪♪ America ♪♪
♪愿上帝赐福与你♪
♪♪ God shed his grace on thee ♪♪
♪全世界的兄弟姐妹♪
♪♪ And crown thy good ♪♪
♪与你同在!♪
♪♪ With brotherhood ♪♪
♪与两片大洋相连♪
♪♪ From sea to shining sea ♪♪
♪噢 壮美啊♪
♪♪ O beautiful ♪♪
♪每一位爱国者♪
♪♪ For patriot dream ♪♪
♪都憧憬着梦幻的未来♪
♪♪ That sees beyond the years ♪♪
♪梦见神圣的城市♪
♪♪ Thine alabaster cities gleam ♪♪
♪在朦胧泪眼里光芒四射♪
♪♪ Undimmed by human tears ♪♪
♪美♥利♥坚♥!♪
♪♪ America ♪♪
♪美♥利♥坚♥!♪
♪♪ America ♪♪
♪愿上帝赐福于你!♪
♪♪ God shed his grace on thee ♪♪
♪让全世界的兄弟姐妹♪
♪♪ And crown thy good ♪♪
♪与你同在♪
♪♪ With brotherhood ♪♪
♪与两片大洋相连♪
♪♪ From sea to shining sea ♪♪
欢迎回到美国 先生
Welcome back to the USA, sir.
请从这边走
Right through that door there.
好的 谢谢
Thank you.
护照 谢谢
Your passport, please.
哦
Oh.
喔哦
Whew!
丹尼斯▪巴罗 职业...
"Dennis Barlow. Profession..."
A.I.D.哈?
A.I.D., huh?
对 捐精者
Yes. artificial insemination donor.
这只是我过渡期的工作
It's just a job I had for a while.
事实上 我是个诗人
Actually, I'm a poet.
诗人?英国诗人?
Poet? an English poet?
嗯 对 我是英国人
Well, yes, I am English.
注: 一种由大众媒体创造出的刻板印象, 源于1950年代兴起的“垮掉派”文学♥运♥动
你也是个披头族?
One of them beatnik poets, huh?
披头族?不 不 我不是什么披头族
A beatnik? No. No, I'm not a beatnik.
你这不是披头士的发型吗?
You got one of them beatle haircuts, though, haven't you?
披头士发型? 我不是啊
A beatle haircut? No, I don't--
这就是个普通的英式发型而已
it's an ordinary... English haircut.
行吧 巴顿先生 你靠什么维持生计?
Just what do you do for a living, Mr. Barton?
额 是巴罗 先生
Uh, Barlow, sir.
其实 我还没确定 具体要干什么
I haven't decided on anything, uh, specifically.
没确定?那你是怎么到这儿的?
Haven't decided? Just how did you get to this country, then?
那说来就有意思了
Well, that's rather an amusing story.
是这样的
You see, what happened--I was--
我本来去伦敦机场
I was seeing my girlfriend off
送我的女友
at the London airport,
我听说我
and they said that I was
是第五千万个送...
the 5 millionth person to see--
不对 是第一亿个
no, wait. It was the 10 millionth person
送机的人
to see someone off on a plane,
然后嘛 他们给了我这张票
and they, uh, well, they gave me this ticket,
所以 我想还是来这吧
so I thought I'd come here.
洛杉矶或者加尔各答
I mean, it was either Los Angeles or Calcutta,
我就想 管他呢
and I thought, well, what the hell?
巴顿先生 你计划在我们国家呆多久?
Just how long do you plan to stay in our country, Mr. Burton?
额 是巴罗 得看情况
Uh, Barlow. That depends.
看情况?什么情况?
Depends? depends on what?
我会住在弗兰西斯▪欣斯利爵士家
Well, I'll be staying with, uh, Sir Francis Hinsley,
一个艺术家 他是我舅舅
the artist. He's my uncle.
他在大都市影业工作
Megalopolitan pictures. that's where he works.
小丹尼尔 我们想在詹姆斯▪邦德的票房♥里
Now, D.J. Jr., we want to get a piece
分一杯羹 怎么样?
of this James Bond audience, hmm?
好
Right.
我们就给他们这个钱袋
And we're going to give them that package,
不过得包装一下
but with a brand-new ribbon on it.
我们给他詹姆斯▪邦德没有的东西
We give him the one thing that Jim bond don't have--
人性的温暖
human warmth.
呼!
Whew!
懂我什么意思嘛?小丹尼尔
Are you still with me, D.J. Jr., huh?
他 呃 依然是英国人
Now, he's, uh, still English,
依然是贵族
he's still aristocratic,
但他有人性的温暖
but he's got human warmth.
嗯?他是一个...
Hmm? he's, um--
平民化的詹姆斯▪邦德
he's a human James Bond.
呼!
Whew!
你能搞定英国腔吗?杜史迪
Do you think you can handle that English accent, Dusty?
当然 我指定行
Aw, shucks, I reckon I could
只要往那边靠靠
if I just sort of snuck up on it.
好吧 我想弗兰克可以帮他改一下口音
Well, I think Frank here could straighten him out on the accent bit.
可以吗 弗兰克?你可以吗?
Is that right, Frank? You think you can?
哦...好的 我想应该可以
Uh...uh, yes, I daresay I could.
我...
I..
是的 我可以
Yes, I think I can.
你确定
You're sure you think
你觉得你可以 是吗?
you're sure you can, right?
是的 我想我可以
Yes, I think I can.
怎么样 小杜?
Yeah. what do you say, dust?
你觉得这么来可以吗?
You think you'll feel at home with this?
感觉对吗?
You feel it's right for you?
放马来吧 小丹尼尔 我会努力驾驭的
You just turn him loose, D.J. Jr., and I'll try to ride him.
好的 哈利?他就交给你负责了
OK. Harry? Look, this is your baby.
稍后详谈
I'll tell you what I want you to do.
稍等
Hold it, fellas.
哪位?
Who?
噢 好 请稍等
Oh, yeah. Yeah, uh, just a minute.
弗兰克...
Frank...
是找你的
It's for you.
找我的?真尴尬
For me? How very embarrassing.
会是谁啊
I can't imagine who.
喂?
Hello?
嗯 是我
Yes, speaking.
谁?巴罗?
Who? Barlow?
哪位?
电影精选列表