Who?
你是艾米莉的儿子?
You--you mean, you're Emily's boy?
天哪 你怎么来了?
Good heavens, what on earth are you doing out here?
好的 我马上下来
Oh! very well. I'll be down in a few moments.
我能出来
I suppose I can get away from here.
嗯 待会见
Yes. see you in a moment. Good-bye.
我失陪一下 先生们
You'll excuse me, won't you, gentlemen?
我都忘了我还有个外甥
I seem to have inherited an nephew.
是的 去吧 弗兰克 去吧
Yeah. go ahead, Frank. Go right ahead.
再见 哈利
So long, Harry.
就像我刚说的 我亲爱的丹尼斯
As I was saying, my dear Dennis,
我的病情只是逐渐恶化
mine was only a gradual decline.
我的好多老朋友早都不在了
Most of my fellow relics have been discarded years ago.
老样子 来一份——
I think I'll just have my usual--
深盘的洛丽塔(披萨)
a deep-dish Lolita
和一杯冰茶加薄荷 谢谢
and iced tea with a sprig of mint, please.
我要一份乳鸽...
I'll have breast of squab brigitte...
还有葡萄酒坚果菲丽普(鸡尾酒)
And the Goldwater nut flip.
其实 我不知道为什么
Actually, I never quite knew why
他们会给我封爵
they ever gave me a knighthood.
我想可能是因为
I suppose it may have been
我画了很多重要人物
because I always painted such important people.
但在这 只有渣滓中的渣滓
But here there are only the dregs of the dregs,
可以这么说
so to speak.
你好 弗兰克 宝贝儿
Hello, Frank, baby.
哦 你好 哈利 这是我的外甥——
Oh, hello, Harry. This is my nephew--
孩子 很高兴见到你
pleasure to meet you, kid.
哦
Oh.
放轻松 知道了吗?
You just take it easy, you hear?
那不会是大名鼎鼎的杜史迪吧?
That wasn't the D Dusty Acres, was it?
就是他 没错
It was, indeed,
我即将帮他改头换面
about to undergo a major operation on his image.
言归正传 这儿的气候很养人
So, to continue, the climate here suits me admirably,
人们也都和蔼可亲
and the people here are so kind and generous.
他们说话完全是为了自娱自乐
They talk entirely for their own pleasure,
从不指望你听
They never expect you to listen.
记住这个吧 孩子
Just remember that, dear boy.
这就是这个国家社交的秘诀
It's the secret of social ease in this country.
对了 这段时间你打算住哪儿
By the way, where are you proposing to live while you're out here?
我 我还没决定好
Well, I--I hadn't quite decided.
来我家住如何?
Why not come and stay with me, then?
谢谢你 弗朗西斯舅舅
Thank you, Uncle Francis.
你真好
That's very kind of you.
只要你不介意吃的比较随意就好
If you don't mind taking potluck, of course.
噢 今晚在英国俱乐部有个晚宴
Oh, that reminds me-- there's a dinner tonight at the English club.
谈不上丰盛 但肯定能吃好
Not grand, of course, but they might give us a fairly decent meal,
你还能在晚宴上多认识点儿人
and it'll be a good opportunity for you to meet some of the chaps.
啊 这是安布罗斯▪阿波克洛必爵士
Ah, there's Sir Ambrose Abercrombie,
我们热情洋溢的演员
one of our most ardent thespians.
丹尼斯 你可能看过他的戏
You've probably seen him, Dennis.
他通常扮演首相
He usually plays prime ministers...
或者管家
Or butlers.
安布罗斯
Ambrose.
亲爱的弗朗西斯 见到你真好
My dear Francis, how good to see you.
这个地儿最大的缺点就是
The trouble with this place is
这儿的人都太忙了 忙得不可开交
is one is so confoundedly busy, you know, one loses touch.
你最好先去接女王陛下
You'd better pick up her ladyship
然后11点整回来接我
and come back for me at 11:00 sharp.
安布罗斯 我想给你介绍一下
Oh, Ambrose, I'd like to introduce to you
我的外甥丹尼斯▪巴罗
my nephew Dennis Barlow.
这位是安布罗斯▪阿波克洛必爵士
Sir Ambrose Abercrombie.
精壮的年轻小伙儿
A stalwart young fellow
时而得到灵感女神眷顾
occasionally touched by the muse,
目前我的理解
I'm given to understand.
先生们 让我们敬女王一杯
Gentlemen, the queen.
敬女王!敬女王!
The queen! The queen!
天佑女王!
The queen! God bless her.
今天我们同聚一堂 各位
Well, here we are, gathered together again, gentlemen.
我必须承认 我对晚宴总是满心期待
I must say, I look forward to these dinners.
除了吃没啥能把我们这帮英国佬聚齐
Keeps us limeys together.
哈哈 说得对!
Ha ha! Yes! Rather!
就像我刚才跟这位年轻朋友说的
As I was just saying to our young friend here,
我们今晚必须好好表现 -说得好!
we have to put up a good show. -Hear hear!
我们是个小群体 但备受关注
There are not many of us, but we're being watched.
所以我制定了这个规则
That's why I've always made it a rule
绝不在我家举办活动
never to do anything in my own home
任何我在公共场合不做的事——
that I wouldn't do in front of the camera
况且我也不打算有出格举动——
and never to do anything in front of the camera
私下里我也不会做的
that I wouldn't do in my own home.
说得好 说得好!
Hear, hear! Hear, hear!
弗朗西斯...
Francis...
你的外甥可能想要出去透透气
I think your nephew is in need of air.
哦 真尴尬
Oh, how very embarrassing.
丹尼斯?
Um, Dennis?
丹尼斯 来来 你跟我来
Come along, Dennis. Come along.
起来起来
Upsy-daisy.
起来!
Unh! that's it.
怕是热晕了
I'm afraid it's the heat, you know,
坐着人挤人的
and this place is rather close,
温度和气候的差别
and the change of temperature and climate
之类的原因
and so on.
跟我走 丹尼斯 回家睡觉吧
Come along, Dennis. Home to bed.
跟我走
Come along.
啊 我亲爱的丹尼斯 早上好
Ah, my dear Dennis, good morning.
睡得还好吧
I do hope you slept well.
早啊 弗朗西斯舅舅
Good morning, Uncle Francis.
关于昨晚的事儿 我很抱歉
I'm sorry about last night.
别多心 那不是事儿
Oh, don't give it another thought, dear boy.
你是太累了
I expect you were a bit overtired.
长途飞行 舟车劳顿
These newfangled jets, abrupt transition--
我想你一定晕头转向的
I'm certain one loses all sense of time and proportion,
坐飞机和过去乘船不是一个概念
not like the dear old days on the Queen Mary.
早饭想吃什么?
What would you fancy for breakfast?
鸡蛋?
Eggs?
可以
That'll be fine.
哦天 家里好像没鸡蛋了
Dear me, there don't seem to be any eggs.
我真笨
How stupid of me.
要不凑合吃点麦片吧
Perhaps we could make do with these bran shreddies.
这是为《所罗门之罪》中的狂欢场景画的草图
Ah, that's a sketch I made for the orgy scene in The sins of Solomon.
谢谢你 丹尼斯
Thank you, Dennis.
制片厂因为这个遭受非议
The studio was simply scandalized by it,
但大众反响却很不错
but the public lapped it up.
那时候你知道吗 我只要说想要什么
Those were the days, you know. I only had to ask for something,
他们马上出去给我买♥♥
and they went straight out and bought it.
如果我说 "纯金" 那到手的必定是纯金
If I said, "real gold," real gold it had to be.
今天早上天气真好啊 丹尼斯
Such a lovely morning, Dennis.
我们去泳池旁边吃早饭怎么样?
I think we ought to have breakfast down by the pool, don't you?
我帮你拿点东西
Let me carry something for you.
我真希望你能看到这地方从前的样子
I wish you could have seen this place in the old days--
就像一个巨型水族馆
like a great aquarium,
无数美好之事在这里熠熠生辉
flashing with the limbs of beauties.
所有一切 唉 已成往事
All, alas, long since departed.
注: 出自莎士比亚戏剧《辛白林》, 梁实秋译
"富贵人家的少爷姑娘
"Golden lads and girls
和穷♥人♥一样归于泉壤"
all must, as chimney sweepers, come to dust."
孩子 你对未来有什么规划吗?
Have you any definite plans for the future, dear boy?
我觉得你得多出去走走 看看这个国家
I think you ought to get out a bit and see something of the country.
首先 我想我得
Well, first off, I thought I might look around
先找个工作什么的
for a job of some sort.
工作?你手头紧是吗?
A job? Oh, you're short of cash, then?
是啊 我没什么钱
I am, rather.
电影精选列表