(轻笑)
(Chuckling)
(门开的声音)
(Door opening)
我刚和兰布莱特谈过。
I just talked to Lambright.
啊,我是不是忘了...
Ah, did I leave my...
我觉得这可能会是一个机会。
I think this could be something.
一个非常有趣的机会。
Something very interesting.
来吧。
Come on.
我们去兜风。
Let's go for a drive.
我不想剧透。相信我就行了。
I don't want to spoil it. Just trust me.
(♪ 收音机里播放歌♥剧音乐 ♪)
(♪ Opera playing on radio ♪)
我们到了!
Here we go!
(男人们低声交谈,听不清)
(Men chatting, indistinct)
(门发出哔哔声)
(Door beeping)
哦,你好。
Oh, hi.
我们在找萨特罗博士。
We're looking for Dr. Sutro.
埃琳娜!外来人员。
Elena! Civilians.
你好!你一定是乔。
Hello! You must be Jo.
嗨。我不知道我为什么在这里。
Hi. I don't know why I'm here.
哦!真有意思。
Oh! How interesting.
请...
Please...
梅兰妮和我从研究生时代就是朋友。
Melanie and I have been friends since grad school.
我一直在向她汇报我正在进行的一项研究,
I've been updating her on a study that I'm running,
今天早上她打电♥话♥推荐你作为研究对象。
and she called this morning and recommended you as a subject.
这是什么研究?
What's the study?
你听说过经颅磁刺♥激♥吗?
Have you heard of transcranial magnetic stimulation?
没有。
No.
它是利用磁场
It's the use of magnetic fields
在大脑的特定区域诱导电流。
to induce electrical currents in targeted regions of the brain.
这被称为光环线圈。
This is known as a halo coil.
它是一种可佩戴的电磁体。
It's a wearable electromagnet.
现在,快速眼动睡眠期间低伽马波段的电流
Now, currents in the lower gamma band during REM sleep
可以将受试者推入清醒梦状态。
could push a subject into a lucid dream state.
我们称之为"定向梦境"。
We call it "directed dreaming."
所以它可以帮助我睡眠吗?
So it can help me sleep?
不,乔,它可以帮你获胜。
No, Jo, it can help you win.
想象一下,如果你可以在梦中训练。
Imagine if you could train while dreaming.
想象一下,在8小时的睡眠中,
Imagine if in an 8-hour sleep,
你可以完成100小时的练习。
you could perform 100 hours of practice.
这是未知的领域。
This is uncharted territory.
神经反馈处理器是唯一的侵入性组件。
A neural feedback processor is the only invasive component.
它植入耳后,
It's implanted behind the ear,
并与设备进行无线通信。
and it communicates wirelessly with the device.
控制系统有防止过度使用的安全措施:
The controls have safeguards in place to prevent overuse:
每周最多允许两次会话。
a maximum allowance of two sessions per week.
呃,你注意到皮质脊髓兴奋性有任何变化吗?
Uh, have you noticed any changes in corticospinal excitability?
她的运动网络是世界一流的。
Her motor network is world-class.
你可以理解我会有保护意识。
You can understand that I'd be protective.
你有神经科学背景?
You have a background in neuroscience?
我差6个月就能获得医学博士学位,然后我退学全职训练。
I was 6 months from an MD, before I dropped out to train full-time.
啊。
Ah.
我们没有注意到任何变化。
We haven't noticed any change.
没什么好担心的。
There's nothing to worry about.
TMS已经获得FDA批准。
TMS has been FDA approved.
我会让你考虑一下。
I'll let you think it over.
那么?
So?
现在全世界没有人在做这个。
No one in the world is doing this right now.
这是一个优势。我们需要一个。
It's an edge. And we need one.
这怎么不算是兴♥奋♥剂♥?
How is this not a PED?
这不是药物。这是一种训练技术。
It's not a drug. It's a training technique.
5年、10年后,
In 5, 10 years,
所有人都会用这个进行训练,只有你没有。
everyone is gonna be running drills on this but you.
你可以成为改变游戏规则的人。
You can be the one to change the game.
我们可以等。随你怎么决定。
We can wait. Whatever you want.
(男人):你训练的地方是什么?
(Man): The place where you train, what is it?
一个健身房♥?
A gym?
它叫做击剑馆。
It's called a salle.
你和你的教练一起练习?
And you practice with your coach?
是的,我丈夫。
My husband, yeah.
你的教练是你的丈夫?
Your coach is your husband?
是的。
Yeah.
他叫什么名字?
And what's his name?
拉夫。
Raph.
好的,所以你在那里。
OK, so you're there.
拉夫在那里。你有你的,呃...
Raph is there. You have your, um...
剑?
sword?
我的重剑。
My épée.
抱歉,你一定觉得我是个白♥痴♥。
Sorry, you must think I'm a moron.
不,只是个平民而已。
No, just a civilian.
好吧。闭上眼睛。
Right. OK, close your eyes.
(急促呼气)
(Exhaling sharply)
想象击剑馆。
Picture the salle.
想象拉夫。
Picture Raph.
想象你手中的重剑。
Picture your épée in your hand.
想象你当地的超♥市♥。
Picture your local supermarket.
想象击剑馆。
Picture the salle.
想象飞机舱。
Picture an airplane cabin.
想象击剑馆。
Picture the salle.
我们有一个一致的模式。我正在编码。
We have a consistent pattern. I'm encoding.
♪ ♪ ♪
♪ ♪ ♪
(急促呼吸)
(Breathing heavily)
(轻轻喘息)
(Gasping softly)
(男女低语)
(Men and women whispering)
我睡了多久...
How long was I...
感觉像多久?
How long did it feel like?
我做了一整天的训练。
I did a day's worth of drills.
乔,你睡了30分钟。
You were asleep for 30 minutes, Jo.
嗯...
Mmm...
(广播里的女声): 312房♥间,213。
(Woman on PA): Room 312, 213.
你也用它吗?
You use it too?
嗯?哦。
Hmm? Oh.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
你去哪里?
Where do you go?
去我父亲的小屋。我失去他有一段时间了。
To my father's cottage. I lost him some time ago.
令人惊讶的是...
What's amazing is that...
他会让我惊喜。
he surprises me.
他告诉我一些我从未知道的事。
He tells me things that I never knew.
这怎么可能?
How is that possible?
我是大脑方面的专家。
I'm an expert on the brain.
我了解轴突和树突
I know about axons and dendrites
以及神经递质,但是...
and neurotransmitters, but...
潜意识?
the subconscious?
那是我们没有地图的地方。
That's a place we have no maps for.
(叹气)
(Sighing)
(深吸一口气,缓缓呼出)
(Inhaling deeply, exhaling slowly)
(刀剑呼啸而过)
(Blades whooshing)
(奥迪): 距离。
(Audie): Distance.
(奥迪笑)
(Audie laughing)
控制节奏。
Control the tempo.
看。
Look.
看他的角度。你看到陷阱了吗?
Look at his angle. You see the trap, don't you?
哦好吧。下次你会打败他的。
Oh well. You'll get him next time.
我不想让你在这里。
I don't want you in here.
嗯。
Hmm.
(咂舌)
(Clicks tongue)
太糟糕了,宝贝。我住在这里。
Too bad, babe. I live here.
(轻笑)
(Chuckling)
(♪ 哼唱 ♪)
(♪ Humming ♪)
你真以为自己很特别。
You really think you're special.
因为什么,他选择了你?
Because, what, he chose you?
他告诉你他看到了潜力?
He told you he saw potential?
电影精选列表