剧集 | 高清二战(2009) | 导航列表
The corpsman goes from stretcher to stretcher offering comforting words and help.
他告诉我由于我失血过多需要输血
He tells me I lost a lot of blood and that I'll need a transfusion.
一个星期后 马布雷回到了布干维尔岛 他将会在那里休养几个星期
A week later, Marbrey arrives back on Pavuvu island, where he will spend the next few weeks recovering.
我们上岛之后 新兵们围住我嘘寒问暖
After we land, I'm swarmed by new replacements asking millions of questions.
他们想知道我是如何受伤的 战场上到底是什么一种情况
They want to know how I got hurt and what it's like being in battle.
他们都渴望参加战斗
They're all itching to join in the fight.
我知道战场上的情况 因为我曾经在那里战斗过
I know what it's like. I've been there.
马布雷完全康复后 他被晋升为下士
By the time Marbrey makes a full recovery, he is promoted to corporal.
他利用这一段时间进行休养 并等待他的下一次任务
He rests and awaits his next orders.
贝里琉岛上的战斗一直持续了70多天
Back on Peleliu, the fighting drags on for over 70 days.
美军最终取得了战争的胜利 但同时也付出了惨痛的代价
America eventually wins the battle, but the cost is tremendous.
阵亡和受伤的海军陆战队员和陆军士兵 接近1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥人
Almost 10,000 Marines and army soldiers are killed or wounded.
如此高的伤亡让人难以置信 战斗时间如此之长令人意外
The incredibly high casualties and surprising length of the fight
而这些只是骇人的海岛战事的前奏
are a shocking preview of island battles yet to come.
但是美国正集中兵力再次攻打菲律宾
But as Americans focus on the upcoming re-conquest of the Philippines,
贝里琉岛战役中的损失非常巨大 但却被公众忽视
the losses sustained on Peleliu are almost all but overlooked by the public.
1944年10月 圣安东尼奥 得克萨斯州
我百感交集 禁不住哽咽起来
A mass of emotions rushes in on me. A lump rises up in my throat.
自1942年以来 我不曾回到美国 而我最终还是投入了祖国的怀抱
I haven't seen America since 1942, and I'm finally home.
在齐格菲防线的战斗中 查尔斯.舍费尔差点被德军的迫击炮杀害
Less than a month after nearly being killed by German mortar fire in a battle at the Siegfried line,
之后不到一个月 他回到了美国
Captain Charles Scheffel arrives back in the U.S.
前线的军医设法挽救他的生命 不得以切除了他的扣扳机的手指
Army doctors at the front managed to save his life but were forced to amputate his trigger finger.
舍费尔抵达了位于德克萨斯州 圣安东尼奥市的萨姆.休斯敦堡医院
Scheffel arrives at Fort Sam Houston hospital in San Antonio, Texas,
他准备在那里休养 并调整自己的状态以适应家庭生活
ready to begin the long road to recovery and readjust to life on the home front.
这段时间以来 我和鲁斯的谈话似乎有一种生疏感
It's strange to talk to Ruth after all this time.
我们彼此和以前都大不相同
Neither of us is the same.
我无言以对 只能轻声低语: "你的丈夫回家了
And I'm lost for words. Oh, all I can mutter is: "Well, your husband's home,
你辞掉你的工作吧."
so quit your job, and come on down."
她回答说:"我会乘坐后天早上3点的火车" 这些正是我想要听到的
She replies: "I'll be on the 3:00 train the day after tomorrow." That's all I need to hear.
2天之内 我需要在这个镇子里为我们找一家旅馆 但旅馆大多都没空房♥间了
I have two days to find us a hotel room in a town that has no vacancies.
圣安东尼奥市满是受伤的士兵和他们的家人
San Antonio is filled with wounded soldiers and their families.
市里的旅馆我一个个问过去 期待会有人取消房♥间预订
I go from hotel to hotel, asking in vain if there's any cancellations,
最后我把车停在市中心的圣安东尼酒店大堂 希望奇迹的出现
and finally I park myself in the lobby of St. Anthony hotel downtown, hoping for a miracle.
我坐在大堂里
While I was sitting there in this hotel,
在我妻子达到酒店的3小时前 一个家伙走到我面前
three hours before my wife was to get here, a guy walked up to me,
他说:"上尉 你似乎遇到了麻烦"
and he said: "captain, you look like a man that, is in trouble."
我想他早就看到了我坐在那边
I guess he had seen me sitting there.
随后他走开了
And, he walked off.
2分钟之后他回来了
He came back about two minutes later
他说:"上尉 张开你的双手"
and said: "Captain, hold out your hand."
我简直不敢相信 他把这家酒店的房♥间钥匙放在我的手里
I couldn't believe it. He laid the keys to a room in my hand.
因此当我看到我妻子的时候 我拥抱了她并把这件事告诉了她
So when I saw my wife and hugged her, I told her,
我对她说:"亲爱的 我在圣安东尼酒店定了个房♥间
I said: "Honey, we have a room in St. Anthony Hotel."
我们顺利的进了房♥间 那个家伙真是神通广大
So we went there, and what had this guy done?
那天晚上我们住在一个套房♥里
We stayed in a suite that night.
那一夜的9个月后 我的妻子生下了第一个孩子
My wife gave birth to our first child nine months to the day after that night.
这是一个真实的故事
True story.
剧集 | 高清二战(2009) | 导航列表