剧集 | 维京传奇 | 导航列表
能充当一个镇定 稳定的角色
in this madhouse we call Mercia,
那说明你和其他人一样疯狂
then you are as mad as the rest of them.
但是 我认为并非如此
However, I doubt it.
我知道你的野心
I know your ambitions.
说重点吧
And to the point.
你提出了今天的会面
You proposed this meeting.
是出于什么目的
To what end?
是的
Yes.
确有目的
To the end.
没错
Exactly.
他们所自称的执政理事会
The ruling council as they call themselves
就是一群傻瓜 顽童和醉汉
are a lot of fools, monkeys and drunkards.
大多数是远亲
Mostly distant relations.
我诅咒他们
I say a plague on them.
我的提议很简单
My proposal is simple.
我仍勉强算是有支军队
I still have an army, of sorts.
我们会加入你带来的队伍
We will join with the army you have brought
然后相信我 我们能轻松战胜
and easily, believe me, overcome
理事会和那些奉承他们的人
the council and their lickspits.
然后呢
And then?
然后我想放弃这俗世
And then I mean to renounce this world.
我已经看尽一切
I have seen enough of its ways.
它们使我堕落 我知道
They corrupted me, I know that.
但是人活于世怎能不堕落
But how is it possible not to be corrupted.
我也失去了对上帝的信仰
I also lost my faith in God.
我再也不能想象
I could no longer conceive
我们的主竟能批准我所爱的人的死亡
that our Lord could sanction the death of everyone I loved.
但放弃信仰便是通往绝望
But that is the road to despair.
而我期许我在死前是走向希望之路
And I wish before I die to take the road of hope.
因此 我们胜利之后
Therefore, after we are victorious,
我将离开麦西亚和英格兰
I shall quit Mercia and England.
以平民乞丐身份踏上前往罗马的朝圣之旅
And travel in pilgrimage to Rome as a common beggar.
我只求一个赎罪的机会
I only want a chance to redeem my sins.
那你的王国呢
And the kingdom?
沃尔弗斯 拿我母亲的珠宝箱来
Werferth, bring my mother's casket.
我将正式放弃王位交之于你
I shall formally renounce the kingdom in your name.
你将成为韦塞克斯和麦西亚的国王
You will afterwards be king of Wessex and Mercia.
你将来的王国幅员辽阔
Your kingdom will be huge.
但我在你身上看见了强壮且野心十足的领袖气质
But in you I see a leader strong and ambitious enough
能够带领我们两国前进
to take both our countries forward
并保卫我们 抵抗外敌
and defend them against our enemies.
尤其是那些北方人
Especially the Northmen.
打开吧
Open it.
这曾经是麦西亚的祖传王冠
This was once the ancestral crown of Mercia.
现在是你的了
Now it will be your crown,
艾克伯特国王
King Ecbert.
我们等待进攻的计划已经三天了
We have waited three days for a plan of attack.
等得越久 法兰克人越有可能攻打我们
The longer we wait, the more chances the Franks will attack us.
你的决定是什么
What is your decision?
父亲
Father!
告诉他们 我们明天返航
Tell them tomorrow that we go back down river.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
告诉他们我们明天撤退
Just tell them tomorrow we retreat!
什么
What?
对
Yes.
明天
Tomorrow.
我们撤退
We retreat.
剧集 | 维京传奇 | 导航列表