剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表
When we met, he was an NFL megastar
而我是小额索赔法庭的法官
and I was a judge in small-claims court.
现在没有人问他橄榄球的事
Now no one asks him about football.
他们问他和我结婚是什么感觉
They ask him what it's like to be married to me.
然后他的自尊心受不了
And his ego can't handle that.
但是詹姆斯
But James...
是吗
Yeah?
他很愿意告诉人们和你结婚的感觉
He'd love to tell people what it's like to be married to you.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
他是个好人 我的詹姆斯
He's a good man, my James.
虽然我丈夫可能不再和我一起睡觉
While my husband might not sleep with me anymore,
但他明天要开记者招待会
but he will do a press conference tomorrow
然后说 「我妻子比多数跟我打橄榄球的
and say, "My wife is stronger than half the men
男人还强壮 没有困难能够打倒她」
I played football with. No bug's gonna stop her."
但如果我被爆出来不忠于
But if I was outed as unfaithful
亚特兰大最受欢迎的小子
to Atlanta's favorite son,
我就绝不可能就任州长了
I would never make it to the governor's mansion.
你知道我们有责任
You know we're duty bound to keep
你的私生活保密
your personal life confidential.
我知道
I know.
但最终还是会曝光的
But it will get out eventually.
你能叫詹姆斯进来吗
Can you ask James to come in here?
她为了保秘差点死了
She almost died keeping a secret.
你有什么想告诉我的吗
Anything you want to tell me?
葬礼结束后
After the memorial,
我去了我爸爸去世的医院
I went to the hospital where my dad died.
我找到了当时治疗他的住院医生
I found the resident that took care of him.
他是个好人 让我想起了你
It was a good guy, reminded me of you actually.
他们人手不足 呼吸机太少
They were understaffed, too few vents.
一个护士要负责十个患者
One nurse for every ten patients.
我们一个护士只负责两个患者
We have one nurse for every two patients.
他们给他插管
They intubated him.
凌晨两点之前他一直很稳定
He was stable until, like, 2:00 a.M.
他的血氧饱和度下降了 心率开始减慢
His sat dropped, heart rate started to slow.
十分钟过去了
Ten minutes went by.
当他们终于来到他身边时 他已经去世了
And when they finally got to him, he was gone.
心跳停止
Cardiac arrest.
我父亲 他孤独地死去
My father, he died alone
因为他的公立医院 在贫穷的布朗社区
because his public hospital, in a poor brown neighborhood,
没有足够的资源来救他
didn't have enough resources to save him.
我真的真的很遗憾 兄弟
I'm so, so sorry, man.
当住院医生
When the, when the resident was...
当他重读记录时
When he was rereading his notes,
他哭了起来
he started to cry.
然后我对他说
And I said to him,
「嘿 听着 我们都有明知可以
"Hey, l-look, we all have that patient we know
但却没能救活的病人」
we could have saved."
而他对我说
And he said to me,
「要是只有一个就好了」
"If only it had just been one."
已经有几十个了
There had been dozens.
我们会继续给他监护 不过他的预后很好
We'll continue to monitor him but, uh, his prognosis is good.
凯恩医生也这么说
Dr. Cain said the same thing.
他来过了
He stopped by.
他的话非常安慰人
His words were such a comfort.
我们感谢他 感谢你们所有人救了本的命
We are indebted to him, to all of you, for saving Ben's life.
马林斯太太 有些事你应该知道
Mrs. Mullins, there's something you should know.
你背着我把凯恩的事告诉了马林斯
You went behind my back and told the Mullins about Cain.
我明确地给你说了不要那样做
I explicitly told you not to.
现在他们要上诉了
Now they're suing.
你不听我给你讲的道理
You weren't listening to reason.
我很认真地听了
I was listening to my gut.
而我决定相信凯恩能完成救赎
Which tells me to believe in Cain's redemption.
你无权推♥翻♥我的决定 米娜
You don't get to override that, Mina.
巴雷特·凯恩违反了我们从医的第一信条
Barrett Cain broke the first tenet of our profession,
「不伤害」
"Do no harm."
他不应被允许行医
He shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine.
我帮了你一个忙 我帮了我们大家一个忙
I did you a favor. I did us all a favor.
你没帮任何人
You didn't do anybody a favor.
你只是在米娜的私设法庭执行了
You just carried out your own verdict
你自己的裁决
in Mina's kangaroo court.
并且你还表现出了对我的不尊重
And you disrespected me.
如果你是想要我道歉
If you're looking for me to apologize,
那是不可能的
that's not happening.
我数着我们已经连续九晚
You know, by my count, it's been
做了灵魂交融的爱
nine consecutive nights of soul-stirring sex
和谈了无与伦比的心了
and unparalleled conversation.
还有虽然我永远不会承认说过这个
And, though I will deny ever saying this,
但我的背好痛
my back hurts.
你是提议我们分开一段时间吗
Are you suggesting we take a break?
-是的 -同意
- Yes. - Agreed.
两晚
Two nights.
三晚
Three.
同意
Agreed.
让你的背歇歇还有重新想想你的行为
Rest your back and reconsider your actions.
你也重新想想你的行为
Yeah. And you reconsider, too.
新的司机是吗
New driver, huh?
不做出改变就无法继续前行
Can't move forward without change.
但也有好消息
But good news.
巴克斯顿参议员为我们的儿童保育需求
Senator Buxton freed up some federal money
挤出了些政♥府♥拨款
for our childcare needs,
所以今天还是不错的一天
so not a bad day's work.
我会告诉比安卡的
I'll mention that to Bianca.
相信我 在亚特兰大某处一定有个
Trust me, somewhere in Atlanta there is a girl
有两个孩子却无力承担他们抚养费用的
named Bianca with two kids
叫比安卡的姑娘
who can't afford to take care of them.
谢谢你所做的一切
Thank you for everything.
祝你好运 康莱德
Best of luck to you, Conrad.
也祝你好运 妮谢尔
Best of luck to you, Nichelle.
搞什么 伙计
Oh, what the hell, man?
你是怎么从缺席的前继父
How do you go from absent ex-stepfather
变成厚脸皮的追星族的
to shameless groupie...
我来这是因为我想来
I'm here because I want to be here,
还因为我有话要对你说
and because there's something I need to say to you.
在你需要一个父亲时 我不在你身边
You needed a father, and I dropped the ball.
你是个很有才华的乐手
You're a very talented musician.
谢了
Thanks.
尽管我那样说
You know, having said that,
但我知道在音乐行业生存很不易
I know it's-it's hard to make a living in the music business
不管 若不是非常幸运的话
no matter...without a lot of luck.
这太有意思了
Okay, this is priceless.
我不知道你是如何追梦的
You know, I don't know how you supplement your passion,
但我希望能帮忙
but I'd... I would like to help.
但我不需要你的帮助
The thing is, I don't need your help.
我只是用音乐来解压 我是个外科医生
I play music to relieve stress. I'm a surgeon.
整形和耳鼻喉科
Plastics and ENT.
我
I...
我在网上搜了你
I googled you.
我行医用的是我母亲婚前的姓「王」
I use Wong, my mother's maiden name, for my medical practice.
是她供我上的医学院
She is the one who put me through medical school.
别那样
Don't do that.
-什么 -笑
- What? - Smile.
像你对我从医的决定有任何影响一样
Like you had any influence on my decision to go into medicine.
我很高兴戴文终于向你敞开心扉了
I'm glad Devon finally opened up to you.
你是个好朋友
You're a good friend.
简直糟透了
Oh, it's devastating.
真不愿他经历那些
I hate that he's going through this.
答应我永远不参选
Promise me, let's never run for office.
或是成为体育明星
Or become sports icons.
还有让我们之间永远不要有秘密
And let's never, ever keep secrets from each other.
好 不会 永远不会
Right. No. Never.
怎么了 你看上去怪怪的
剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表