剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
各种大小形状的肉 用不同的方式来烹饪
all different sizes and cuts of meat, all cooked in a different manner.
现在又有另一块肉 要用不同的方式来做
And then now another cut of meat cooked in a different manner.
这些都得同时完成
All done at the same time.
他们没有人对这中场挑战感到开心
No one is happy about this mid-smoke challenge at all.
温度是多少? -温度下降了 现在是32摄氏度
What temp is it? -It's dropped. It's at 90.
我从来没有在明火上烤过鸡
I've never done a chicken on an open fire.
不算最遭了 你没有拿到火鸡
Could be worse. You coulda had turkey.
要是你被分到火鸡 那可比鸡肉更容易烤干
Coulda had turkey, that'll dry out faster than the chicken.
我从来没在明火上做过任何东西
I've never done anything on an open fire.
我跟你说 我宁可拿到的是牛肉
I'd rather have beef, I can tell you that.
在没有烤架的保护下用明火烤
Cooking directly on fire with no protective grill
是烧烤中最难的一件事情
is one of the most difficult things in barbecue.
我们希望看到他们 把在这里学到的理论用到实际上
We want to see them put the principles they've learned here into practice.
这能显示谁配进入前三名
It's gonna show who deserves to make it into the final three
谁应该被淘汰
and who should go.
我不想每个人因为自己要做的菜分心
I don't want each one of us to get sidetracked on our own thing
不把团队的菜做好
and not do good on our team thing.
如果我想打动评委 我得为他们把鸡做好
If I wanna be wowing the judges, I'm gonna have to give 'em a good chicken,
在明火上烤很难 真的很难
and that's hard to do on this, uh, open flame, it really is.
我希望有更多时间
Wish I had more time.
我希望很多东西
I wish a lot of things.
在你挖的同时 告诉我是否需要我对那个南瓜做什么
While you're diggin', can you tell me if I need to do that squash,
因为我在另一边做事
'cause I'm workin' on our other side.
南瓜没问题 我知道南瓜看起来不太好
The squash is good. I know it looks bad...
但记住 我们要的是里面的南瓜肉
Okay... -Remember, we're getting the meat inside.
就连这个黑色…黄色的都没事吗?
So the middle-- -Even the black... yellow ones?
如果我信任你 你也得信任我
If I'm trustin' you, I'mma need you to trust me.
现在所有人都心不在焉
Nobody's mind is in the right place right now.
是 -所有人都怕遭到淘汰
Yeah. -Everybody's scared of bein' eliminated
害怕在他们的个人挑战中失败
and scared of failin' in their own personal challenge.
害怕失败造成了真正的失败
That fear of failure is creating real failure.
也制♥造♥了一点敌意
And a little animosity. - Uh-huh.
我在准备沙朗牛排
I'm preparing the sirloin strip steak.
我把一些切得很薄 另一些切得较厚
I'm cutting a couple of 'em real thin and a couple of 'em thick...
这样我能确保我能得到我要的温度
so I can make sure that I get the temp that I want on it
以及我要的烧焦的程度
and the char that I want on it.
在很热的碳火上烤 烤起来会很快
You're cookin' over real hot, high coals, and it's a quick cook.
你不希望看到外表烧焦了…
You don't want to burn and char the outside...
而内部还没熟
without getting the inside cooked.
这是一整块里脊肉
This was a whole tenderloin.
这是…
And this is the...
从这儿往上是夏多布里昂
This part from here up is the Chateaubriand cut.
我打算少许多留一些 到时候可以切下来品尝
I'm gonna leave a little extra on, just to slice it and see how it tastes,
因为我不确定…
because I'm not sure about...
味道调得怎么样
the seasoning of this.
因为如果把肉直接放在火上烤
Because if you throw it right on the fire and you use herbs or anything like that,
肉上涂抹的香草会烧起来
they're gonna burn up.
我打算用很多红酒把这块肉渍一下 因为梅丽莎喜欢葡萄酒
So I'm gonna marinate it in a lot of red wine, 'cause Melissa likes wine.
每次挑战她都会说 而我注意听了
She's said it every challenge, and I'm listenin'.
我得在炭火上直接烤火鸡
I have to cook turkey directly on coals and make it taste good
为评委们把火鸡做得美味多汁
and keep it moist and flavorful for the judges.
如果是在碳火上直接烤牛肉 时间不需要很长
To cook directly on coals doesn't take long when you're using beef,
但家禽肉是非常不一样的
but poultry is very difficult,
因为你得达到安全的温度 吃起来才安全
because of the safe temperatures and if it's safe to eat,
所以我得想想办法
so I've gotta really figure somethin' out.
我现在有个主意 但要成功 我需要一些非常热的碳火
Got somethin' in mind, but I need some really hot coals to make it work.
于是我用了一些橡树木和山胡桃木
So, uh, I'm usin' some oak and hickory.
遇到一些我不熟悉的东西…
Coming across something
对我来说异乎寻常
I'm not familiar with... is amazing to me.
但我了解火 我也了解他们为我们提供了些什么
But I know fire and I know the supplies we have,
于是我心想 “好吧 在地上铺一层碳火 做一个烤箱”
so I think in my head, "Okay, bed of coals. Let's make an oven."
我可以在铸铁锅里装上卤水 放在火鸡旁边
I can fill cast iron with a brine liquid that I put as close to the bird as I can.
我没有很多时间 所以我把东西盖住 因为…
I don't have a lot of time, so I'm coverin' this, because...
我需要…
I need...
让尽量多的…
as much...
热量围绕在火鸡周围
heat around this bird as I can possibly get.
我打算把一些粗麻布浸湿…
So, uh, I'm gonna soak some burlap...
这样我能把水分留在里面 用来蒸火鸡
so that I can keep moisture inside and steam that turkey.
他在地上做了一个对流式烤炉
The man done made a convection smoker in the ground.
规则是 肉必须直接放在炭火上
The rule was that the meat had to sit directly on the coals.
我们并没有说他们不可以 用一些老式的东西盖在肉上
We never said they couldn't use other old-school items to cover their meat
把湿气闷在里面
and hold the moisture in.
他给这东西设了通风口
I mean, he got vents on this thing, uh...
用了麻袋、芭蕉叶
sacks, banana leaves.
这小伙子很鬼 我也很想这么试试
I mean, the boy is bad. I'm lookin' forward to tryin' that.
拉希德在那里发挥他的创造性
Rasheed's got creative over there.
我也得做同样的事情
I need to do the same thing.
我得找些东西把鸡包起来
I need to find somethin' I could wrap this chicken up with
让水分保持在里面
and keep some moisture in it.
如果用我自己的烤炉
Chicken usually takes me an hour and a half
烤一只整鸡
when I cook 'em whole...
通常花一个半小时
on my smoker.
我如何能在一个半小时内 在地上挖的一个洞里把鸡烧烂?
So how am I gonna get it done in a hole in the ground in an hour and a half?
现在我拿芭蕉叶把鸡裹起来
Right now, I just gotta wrap the chicken in banana leaves.
这能给我一些防护屏障
That's gonna give me a little bit of a protective barrier.
我打算在鸡周围都放上火炭
I wanna put coals just all the way around the chicken
这样那个洞能散发出一些热量
so that that hole has a little bit of heat comin' off of it
可以用来把鸡烤熟
and it just basically roasts the chicken.
至少我们没有被分配到豆子
At least we didn't get beans.
我宁可拿豆子赌一下
I would've rather took my chance with beans.
我感觉 拉希德知道他的火鸡烧得怎么样
I feel like Rasheed knows how his turkey is cookin'.
我感觉阿什利不知道… -不知道他的鸡烧得怎么样
I feel like Ash doesn't know how-- - Has no idea about his chicken.
他也没法查看
What his chicken's doin'. -He can't check.
因为如果他查看 他会把一切弄乱了 也就没法烤了
Then you mess up what is-- what actually will be happening on the inside.
于是他只能祈求好运
So he has to cross his fingers and hope... -Whew.
希望最后能达到他要的效果
...it comes out the way he wants it to.
我们的压力很大
There's lots of pressure on us.
我们要考虑的东西很多
There's a lot of things that are going on in our heads.
时间在一分一秒过去…
Time is tickin' away and...
我们还得考虑团队挑战要做的菜
we also have to be concerned with the team challenge.
还有一个小时
One hour! -
你听到了吗?
Do you hear that?
我不想听到 但我听到了
I don't wanna hear that, but I hear that.
看来我的鸡烤得不够快
My chicken doesn't seem like it's cookin' fast enough at all.
我对此有点担心
Uh, and that's somethin' I'm a little worried about.
嘿 蒂娜 -怎么样?
Hey, Tina. -Ms. Tina, how's it goin'?
我们才把一条腿烤得有点焦
Well, we've only got a little-- one little burn on the leg.
那个南瓜怎么样了?蒂娜 -这是拉希德的主意
What's up with that squash, Tina? -Well, that's Rasheed's idea.
吃的时候皮会剥掉 就不会有灰了
You know, since this gets peeled... - Sure. -...you won't get any ash.
有一次我试着直接用炭火烤牛排
The one time that I tried to cook a steak on a straight coal...
那次有灰
uh, it did have ash.
我不知道…
I don't know how...
怎么做才没有灰
not to do that.
直接在火上烤肉其实并没有那么难
It's really not difficult to cook a protein directly on fire.
他们想多了
They're over-thinking this.
你可以拿还没有完全烧红 但已经烧热的木炭…
You can take charcoal that is black still, but heated...
把肉放在上面烤
and cook on that.
我是说 木炭是热的
I mean, it's hot.
木炭不是必须要烧到发白
It doesn't have to be a white piece of charcoal.
我是说 他们盯着火和那些灰
I mean, they're starin' at this fire and these ashes
他们在想 “我要扔些东西进去”
and thinkin', "I gotta throw somethin' in that."
其实… -你知道的
Well... - You know.
我不知道 -如果你稍微慢下来一点 你会知道
I don't. -If you just slow down a minute, you know.
我不想打断你正在做的事情
I don't wanna take you away -from what you're doin'. -Okay.
好吧 -祝你好运
All right. - Good luck.
我真希望你们能帮帮我 -祝你好运
I wish y'all could give me a hand. - Good luck.
我确实需要好运了
Yeah, I need it!
他们过于担心灰了
They're so concerned about ash.
但你细想想 当你在木炭烧烤架上烧烤的时候
If you think about it, when you cook on a charcoal grill,
你烤的东西上面总会粘上一些灰 只是你意识不到
you're gonna get a little ash. -Yeah. You just don't realize it.
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表