剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
大家早上好 过来一下
Mornin', y'all! Come on in.
大家快走
Y'all, come on. -All right.
快点 -嘿
Hurry up. - Hey.
早上好
Mornin'. - Mornin'.
你好吗? -大家早上好
What's up? Mornin'! - Good mornin'!
准备好了? -是的
You ready for this? -Yeah! I sure am.
我没赢过一场挑战 也没输过一场挑战
I haven't won a challenge, but I haven't lost a challenge.
进行得越久 我学得越多
The more I go, the more I learn,
赢得最终比赛的机会就越大
the better my chances are of winnin' this thing.
我们是来赢的
That's why we're here.
如果我们没有竞争精神
If we didn't have competitive spirit, we might as well be
我们还不如去沃尔玛买♥♥鞋
at Walmart shoppin' for shoes or somethin'.
这有什么必要呢?
Just, like, what's the point, you know?
我感觉自己不被看好
I still feel like the underdog,
但我不想让我的对手们觉得
but I don't want my competitors to see me
我是个很容易击败的人
and think that I'm someone that they can easily beat.
我要向自己证明 我可以参加这种级别的比赛
It's about proving to myself that I can compete at this level.
好了 今天我们要庆祝美国美食的传统
All right, y'all. So, today, we celebrate an American food institution.
烧烤三明治 好吗?
All right! -The barbecue sandwich. All right?
它们永不过时 它们是历史 它们是欢乐
They're timeless, they're history and they're happiness.
同意
Amen to that.
谢谢 女士们
Thank you, ladies.
看
Behold!
三明治对决的比赛框架
Your sandwich showdown tournament bracket.
今天我们将进行一场 宏伟的三明治比赛
Today, you'll be competing in an epic tournament of sandwiches
你们将连续进行三轮三明治的较量
where you'll be competing in three continuous rounds of sandwich joy.
哦 天呐 -好
Oh, my God!
好
All right.
我对做三明治很有信心
I feel good about sandwiches.
我做的第一份工作 就是在当地的三明治店上班
One of my first jobs ever was, uh, at a local sandwich shop.
这个挑战对我来说很好
This is a good challenge for me.
我相当有信心
I'm feelin' pretty confident about this one.
我一直以为挑战会越来越简单
I keep thinkin' these challenges are gonna get easier,
没想到我们得到了三明治挑战
and then we get a sandwich.
我只懂…
I'm like a...
波洛尼亚香肠…
raw baloney...
白面包
white bread.
第一轮的前三名 会被放进胜利组里
The top three cookers from this round will be put into the winners bracket.
后三名会被放进失利组里
The bottom three will be put into the losers bracket,
在那里你们要通过竞争 避免被淘汰
where you'll be competing to not be eliminated.
上一场比赛 我被排在倒数两位
Previous challenge, I was in the bottom two.
排在这种位置令我不舒服
That's not a place I feel comfortable being,
所以我得加把劲儿
so therefore, I've gotta step my game up.
赢得第一轮比赛非常重要
It's very important to win the first round
这样整场比赛才会安全
in order to be safe throughout the-the tournament.
第一轮比赛后 我得进入胜利组
I need to get into that winners bracket right away from the first challenge.
如果不行 那这一天会很困难
If not, this is gonna be a long day.
我们设计了这场挑战
We designed this challenge
来测试你们快速热烤的技巧
to test your hot and fast skills,
一轮会比一轮困难
and each round will be increasingly more difficult.
你们需要速度、创造力 当然还有好的口味
You'll need speed, creativity and, of course, great flavors.
我们想测试你们能如何组合这些口味
We wanna test how you can combine those flavors,
形成完美的口感
and bring it all together in one perfect bite.
在第一轮中
So, for round one,
你们要烤一个鸡肉三明治 做一个凉拌卷心菜
you'll be smokin' a chicken sandwich and a slaw.
我知道这听起来很简单 但其实不简单
I know it sounds easy, but it's not.
正如你们所知 鸡肉会很快吸收味道
As you guys know, chicken can take on a gang of flavors
烤起来也很快
and a gang of smoke real quick.
没错 -好了
That's right. -Okay. All right.
我们要求你们…
Let's say the chicken...
在两个小时15分钟内 把鸡肉三明治做出来
We're gonna want that chicken sandwich in... two hours, 15 minutes? -Whoa.
三个小时的三明治 两个小时15分钟做出来 知道了
Make a three-hour sandwich in two hours, 15 minutes. Got it.
向我们展示 你们制♥作♥烧烤三明治的全部技巧
Show us your full range of barbecue sandwich makin' skills.
好了 烤起来吧
All right, go get smoking.
好 -好
Okay. - All right.
(剩余时间)
对很多人来说 烧烤三明治看起来超级简单
To a lot of people, the barbecue sandwich seems super simple.
但这也可能是在所有烧烤的食物中 最容易出错的东西
Yeah. -But it's also probably the easiest barbecue dish to mess up.
这对各位大厨是个艰难的挑战
It's a tough challenge for the cookers.
因为三明治有好多层 每层有不同的口味
You're makin' a sandwich with different types of layers of flavor.
三明治中所有的东西都得好 而且烤起来很快
Everythin' on that sandwich has to be good, and it's a quick smoke.
烧起来很快 -是的
It's a quick cook. -Sure.
这是对时间管理能力的考验
It can come down to time management.
我在想呢
Trying to think.
我上次做烧烤三明治是什么时候?
When was the last time I made a barbecue-inspired sandwich?
从没做过
Never.
我要试一下
I'mma give it a try.
第一轮我打算做照烧鸡
For this first round, I'm gonna do a teriyaki chicken,
我会做一个亚洲风格的凉拌卷心菜
I'm gonna do an Asian-inspired coleslaw,
然后我会烤一些菠萝
and then I'm gonna do a grilled pineapple,
和照烧酱一起放到三明治里
and that's gonna go on the sandwich with the teriyaki sauce.
我还得调一些配料 盐、胡椒粉、大蒜和洋葱
I've got some seasonings that I put together. Salt, pepper, garlic, onion.
然后我会把鸡放进烤炉
And then I've gotta get my chicken on the smoker in the pit
这样就能烧起来了
so I can get it cooked.
但愿评委们会喜欢 我管这一轮叫自我拯救
Hopefully, the judges will like it. Let's call it a redemption round.
要么生 要么死
This is do or die.
我会把鸡熏一下
The chicken, I'm gonna smoke it.
我现在把鸡拿卤水泡着 让口味渗进去
I have it brining right now in a salt bath uh, just to infuse a little flavor.
我会把鸡肉放进椒盐面包
It's gonna be on a pretzel roll.
我会集中精力做油炸绿西红柿
I'm gonna focus on a fried green tomato.
我喜欢油炸绿西红柿 我妈妈喜欢油炸绿西红柿
I love fried green tomatoes. My mom loves fried green tomatoes.
我觉得这是鸡肉三明治的 一个很好的辅料
Uh, just feels like a nice accessory for a chicken sandwich.
我以前没做过油炸绿西红柿 但我想说…
I've never made fried green tomatoes before, but I mean...
这能有多难?
can't be that hard, right?
你好 乔治亚小姐 -你们好
Hello, Ms. Georgia. -Oh, hello, guys!
你在做什么?
What are we doin'?
在我的鸡肉三明治里 我打算加一些辣的卷心菜碎
Uh, my chicken sandwich, I'm gonna do, um, the spicy slaw
然后放一些油炸鸡皮
and I have a fried chicken skin,
我在考虑油炸绿西红柿
and I'm contemplating a fried green tomato.
我爱吃油炸绿西红柿 但得炸脆了
I'd love to have a fried green tomato, but needs to be crunchy.
行 我可以做到
Okay, I could do that.
祝你好运 乔治亚
Good luck to you, Georgia.
非常感谢 -祝你好运 乔治亚小姐
Thank you very much. -Good luck, Ms. Georgia.
但愿我能进入胜利组
Hope to see you in the winners bracket.
要往鸡里注入很多口味 两个小时15分钟不算很长时间
Two hours, 15 minutes isn't a ton of time to really get a ton of flavor inside a chicken,
所以我计划用两种方式制♥作♥
so I plan on doin' it two ways.
我打算把一块鸡放进熏炉 然后我迅速烤一块
I'll get one goin' on the smoker, and I'm quick broiling one.
我打算往卤水里加很多
That brine, that broil, is full
姜黄、小茴香、盐、大蒜和洋葱
of turmeric, cumin, salt, garlic, onions.
这样我能确保我的鸡够嫩
So, that way, I can make sure I've got very, very tender,
口感丰富 并且带很重的烟熏味儿
rich chicken with a very, very smoky chicken as well.
把两种做法的鸡撕成丝混在一起
A nice little mix of the two. Shred 'em together:
既有白肉 又有深色肉
some dark and white meat
这样评委能吃到丰富的口味
so the judges have a depth of flavor.
我在制♥作♥加勒比咖喱鸡丝三明治
I'm making Caribbean pulled curry sandwich,
铺上甜的大蕉
a bed of sweet plantains
凉拌紫色卷心菜、绿色卷心菜 和紫菊苣
and a nice purple cabbage, green cabbage and radicchio slaw,
加上墨西哥克丽玛酱
uh, with a Mexican crema.
牙买♥♥加的三明治并不出名
Jamaica's not known for sandwiches,
如果非要做三明治
but if it did have a sandwich,
我希望做出来的三明治 是一个强烈的正面的呈现
I hope that this would be a really strong, positive representation of it.
往后站
Stand back.
我要用泡黄瓜的汁把鸡腌一下
I'm gonna marinate the chicken in pickle juice.
(泡黄瓜)
早餐
Breakfast.
应该能给鸡加上强力的味道 让鸡肉变嫩
Should give it a... like, a tang, and tenderize it,
因为没有很多时间制♥作♥
'cause there's not a lot of time to make it.
闻起来不错 -是吗?
Smells good. - Does it?
我做的是南方风格
I'm makin' a Southern-style
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表