剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
我得把温度调高一些 这样能烧得快一点
I think I'm gonna bump the temperature up a little to cook a little faster, and...
看看效果怎么样
we'll see what we get.
好了 大厨们 你们还有四个半小时
All right, smokers. You got four and a half hours.
但愿她做的不是那种巨大的恐龙肋骨
Please tell me she don't have those big dinosaur ribs.
我们这里可不是侏罗纪公园
We're not Jurassic Park around here.
西尔维老大 我都不会… 我绝对不会选那种肉
Sylvie's OG. I'm not even gonna... I'mma-- I'mma back off of that one.
西尔维把牛小排放到熏炉里的时间 绝对晚了
Sylvie is definitely later getting beef ribs on the smoker.
西尔维烧的那块肉还是又大又厚
Sylvie's are still a very large chunk of meat.
这么大一块肋排 也许至少要烤五个小时
Ribs of this size will probably take at least five hours,
因此我要调高温度 用大火烤
so therefore, I'm bumping the temperature up to cook 'em hot.
烤排骨最关键的是时间 牛小排烤起来很慢
Ribs are all about timin'. Beef ribs are slow smokin'.
烤那些牛仔骨你可没法着急
You can't cook those beef short ribs no quicker.
中间不是很硬 就是没熟
They're gonna be tough in the middle or not done in the middle.
全部六个烧烤区都烤起来了 个个都在冒烟
All six of these pits are lit up. - Everybody is rollin' smoke. - Yeah.
但你看看那些烟的颜色
If you look at the difference in the colors,
乔治亚的火很脏
Georgia is runnin' a dirty fire. - Yeah.
一种可能的情况是她的烤炉过热了 她把烤炉弄灭
Either she has gotten her smoker too hot and she's shut it back down,
这就意味着烟阻塞了
which means she's got a backup of smoke...
另一种可能的情况是她放了太多木块 熏炉给塞闭气了
Yeah. -...or she has overpacked her fire box, to the point that it can't breathe,
这样她就没有合适的氧气流
so she doesn't have proper oxygen flow. -Yeah.
无论她烤什么口味 都会受到影响
That's gonna affect the flavor of whatever,
因为她已经把肉放进去了 -放了牛小排
'cause she's already got meat in. - She already got beef ribs in.
看看这烟的颜色
Look at the color of that smoke.
好了 是这样…
Okay, so...
经验之谈 你得有恰当的氧气流
first rule of thumb, you gotta have proper oxygen flow.
你看看其他烤炉
If you look at these other smokers, you see how you can't even see the smoke
那些烤炉基本上看不到什么烟
comin' out of these others? -Yeah.
这种烟叫做脏烟
This is called dirty smoke.
我好担心 因为我在里面干活的时候 炉子里的柴火都烧光了
I was worried 'cause it all burned down while I was inside.
她加了很多柴 -于是我加了很多柴
She's loaded up. - I loaded it.
梅丽莎 这样太多了 -是
Melissa, it's too much. -Yeah.
让我把柴火取出来一些 -好
Let me get some of that out. -Right.
你得这样随机应变 -我向你们保证 肉还是会很鲜美的
It's how you adapt. It's how you adapt. -They're still gonna be good, I promise!
我们能看一眼你烤的肉吗? -可以
Can we see your meat, just a second? -Yeah.
脏东西已经到了肉上 都是脏烟带上去的
The dirtiness on the meat, that's all from dirty smoke.
随机应变 解决问题 宝贝儿
Oh... - Adapt and overcome, baby.
把里面的一些东西拿出来 重新掌握主动
Yeah. -Get that under control. Let some out.
好的 谢谢你们
It'll be alright. - Thank you.
我想我应该只放一块木头进去的
Guess I should have only put one log on.
现在她的排骨上染上了脏烟
So now she has dirty smoke on those ribs. -Yeah.
到了现在 我不知道 她能对这些排骨采取什么补救措施
I don't know if you can do anything with those ribs at this point.
起初的30分钟
The first 30 minutes.
这些排骨最初染上的烟 决定了最终它们是什么口味儿
I don't-- -The first smoke that hits those ribs, that's the flavor it's gonna get.
太可惜了
Oh, that's so sad.
可怜的乔治亚
Oh, poor Georgia.
哦 不
Oh, no.
我该怎么解决这个问题呢?
How do I overcome that?
随着排骨放到了烤架上
With their ribs on the grill,
现在这些大厨们得要开始考虑
it's time for these cookers to start figurin' out
如何往他们的配菜里 加那些篮子里的口味儿
how to incorporate their flavor baskets into their sides.
如果你得同时做五种东西
I think it'd be hard to be calm, cool and collected
你很难保持镇定 不是吗?
if you had five different things you're makin', right?
是的 -猪排、牛小排、
Yeah. -Pork rib, beef rib,
两个配菜 还有甜点
two sides and dessert. -And dessert.
还有篮子里不同口味的挑战
And you got this basket challenge.
太难了 还得把不同的口味加进去
Those are tough, and to incorporate all those things, the different flavors...
你们这是在让他们犯错
Y'all are really tryin' to mess with 'em!
我跟你说
Well, I will tell you,
这就要看他们除了烧烤之外 其他厨艺的经验
it depends on their level of experience with cooking
在什么级别了
other things besides barbecue and grilling.
有趣的是 如果你拿到了酸的或苦的
Interesting thing is if you have sour or bitter,
最好的改味方法就是 把它们做成甜的或者辣的
the best way to change those is make 'em sweet and spicy.
没错
Exactly.
我的计划现在变了
I'm havin' a change of plan now.
尝过苦瓜之后 我烧了一片
After tastin' the bitter melon, I cooked a piece.
我不…
And I don't...
和西红柿一起烧不好吃
It wasn't good with the tomato.
我尝试了一下 口味糟透了
I tried this. It tastes horrible.
这太苦了 苦极了
Uh, it's extremely, extremely bitter.
说我不喜欢我的苦盒子…
To say I'm not a huge fan of my bitter box is, uh...
这是严重说轻了 这点可以肯定
a huge understatement, that's for sure.
紫菊苣吃起来还不如舔鞋底
If you've licked the bottom of a shoe, it tastes better than this radicchio does.
竟然有人卖♥♥紫菊苣 太恐怖了
The fact that they sell this to people is horrible.
我得把这口味儿灭掉
I've gotta get that flavor out.
所以我想把它腌一下
So I'm thinking... pickle it.
我打算做一道非常不错 新鲜可口的凉拌色拉
So I'mma make a really nice, refreshing coleslaw,
我现在在处理猪腩 拿咖啡抹擦一下
and then I'm workin' on a pork belly right now
做烧烤大♥师♥土豆 给我们什么食材 我们就得做什么
that I'm gonna rub with coffee to make the pitmaster potato. We gotta work with what we're given.
尽管我不愿意 但我还是得用苦瓜
I've gotta use the bitter melon, even though I don't want to.
我想把它们放到米线里
I think I'm gonna use these rice noodles
这道菜是配牛肉吃的 这会是个挑战
that's gonna go with the beef, so that-- That is a challenge.
我们给大厨们不同的口味食材 或苦、或辣、或酸、或甜
We gave the cookers a flavor profile of bitter, spicy, sour and sweet,
他们得用某种方式把这些食材应用到 两道配菜和一个甜点中
that they have to implement somehow into the two sides and a dessert.
我把酸盒子里拿出来的希腊酸奶 放到这里面
I put the Greek yogurt in here from my sour box,
再加上红糖和肉桂
and brown sugar, cinnamon.
这是红薯做的传统菜肴
Traditional stuff you'll see in sweet potatoes.
我从没品尝过希腊酸奶 但是…
I've never tried it with Greek yogurt,
并不那么难吃
but, uh... it's not that bad.
我不想他们过度展示 要求他们做的口味
I wanna make sure the flavor profile is not overpowering.
我不想任何东西太辣了 只要稍微有点辣就行
I don't want nothin' that's overly spicy, just to be hot.
我也不想任何东西太甜了 只要有点甜就好了
I don't want nothin' that's overly sweet, just to be sweet.
我现在在拌一些色拉作为配菜
I'm whippin' up a little side slaw.
试一些我从未试过的东西
I'mma try somethin' I never tried before.
与其往色拉里加白砂糖
Instead of addin' a little sweet to the slaw with sugar,
我会往凉拌卷心菜里加蔗糖 但愿吃起来口味不错
I'mma put sugarcane in my coleslaw, and I hope it tastes good.
我往玉米色拉里加了柚子
Put the yuzu in the corn salad.
哦 天呐 这味儿可真冲 -行
Oh, my gosh, it's got such a kick. -Oh, okay.
本来需要加柠檬汁或者青柠汁
It called for lemon juice and lime juice,
但我往里面加了柚子 我还加了一些糖
but instead of that, I used the yuzu. -You add sugar to it. -Mm.
这样吃起来不会太酸
It makes it not so sour.
这东西我不是很喜欢
I'm not mad at this, I'm not mad. -
这是我的米线
This is my rice noodles.
我要让它们软一软 然后拿出来
I'm just lettin' 'em get soft, and then I'mma take 'em out.
我终于决定做什么配菜了
I have decided on my sides, finally.
我会做米线色拉
I'm gonna make a rice noodle salad.
我会试着往里面放苦瓜
I'm gonna try to use the bitter melon in that.
把紫菊苣和熏培根以及洋葱煸炒一下 或烤一下
Sautéed or grilled radicchio with smoked bacon and onions.
我做了蜜桃奶油酥饼 替代草莓奶油酥饼
I've got... peach shortcake instead of strawberry shortcake.
这是柚子汁 大米醋 一些生姜
This is grapefruit juice, rice wine vinegar, some ginger,
糖…和料酒
sugar... oh, and mirin.
因为这带点甜
'Cause it's kind of a sweet...
亚洲酒
Asian wine.
我会把它和苦瓜煸炒
And I'm gonna sauté it with bitter melon
然后放进米线里
and then toss it with the rice noodles.
这样很不错
Now, that is good.
如果糖都无法去除苦瓜的味道 那什么都不行
If that sugar can't kill the flavor in that bitter melon, then nothin' can.
紫菊苣就像是卷心菜的
Radicchio is like a horrible...
坏亲戚
cousin of cabbage.
但如果我做对了…
But if I did my job right...
我把它腌了一下…
I've pickled it...
这样吃起来不像世界上最糟糕的口味
and it won't leave the world's worst taste in my mouth.
好了
All right.
我有主意了
I have an idea!
好
All right!
我会用这些粗棉布 把我的肋排都擦一下
Um... Take this cheesecloth. I'm gonna wipe all my ribs down,
试着去除一些脏的烟味儿
try to get some of that dirty smoke off
以免这些烟味儿渗透到肉里
before it really infiltrates the meat,
然后我会用黄油刷一遍 回到正常轨道
then I'm gonna do a butter bath and, um, get back on track.
我觉得黄油能改变许多的错
I feel like butter cancels out a lot of sins.
这样我就有机会重新调整调料
And so, this gives me an opportunity to... readjust the seasoning.
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表