剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表
起初这是用来烧和熏 比如鱼这些肉类的
It was originally used to cook and smoke proteins like fish.
基本上就是上面有一个木质的平台 下面用火烧
Basically, they would have a fire underneath and this wooden platform.
有一个我们需要考虑的事情就是
One of the things that we had to take into consideration--
我们得要使用那个时期的容器和设备
We had to use the vessels and the equipment of that time.
这也包括了那个时期能得到的肉类
That also includes the meats that were available,
及其一些自然生长的香草 诸如此类
along with some of the herbs and things like that that naturally grow.
不是很锋利
Not very sharp!
哦 天呐
Oh, boy.
殖民前时期的菜 我考虑做整鱼
For pre-colonial, I'm thinking whole fish,
也许这条鱼就是你早晨捕到的
'cause that would have been something that... you caught it that morning
然后放在火坑里 放到火上面烤
and you just put it over the-- the pit, over the fire, and cooked.
配菜你想做什么?
What are you thinkin' as far as sides?
我想用那个较大的南瓜
I was gonna go with the bigger squash.
也许稍微去些皮 然后放到火上
Maybe pierce the skin a little bit, and then we just toss it on the fire
让它在火上烤 从里向外蒸
and let it roast and steam from the inside out.
整个烤吗?
Roast it whole? Roast it?
我担心会不会烤过了 -相信我
I'm worried that it's gonna be too done. Trust me.
我不确定把南瓜直接放到火上烤 是个好主意
I'm not sure about the squash directly in the flame.
我没有这样做过
I-- I have not... cooked like that.
我有拿锡纸包起来烧的
I've wrapped it in foil and put stuff.
让火替我们做事
Let the fire do the work for us.
殖民前时期的菜…
For pre-colonial...
我们会做三文鱼 鱼肚子里塞些香草和日本南瓜
we're gonna do salmon stuffed with herbs and... "kombucha" squash?
拉希德 在这次比赛中 你做过领跑者
So, Rasheed, you've been a frontrunner in this competition.
你如何和别人愉快合作?
How do you play well with others?
我不擅长和别人合作 我得跟你们说实话
Not well, to be perfectly honest with you, if I have to be frank about it.
你觉得难点在哪里?
So what do you think are the potential pitfalls?
我担心我们俩的口味会有冲突
The concern, our two opposing flavors.
她和我一样都喜欢辣味儿 但我们获得辣味儿的方式不一样
She likes spice and flavor, just like I do. Uh, we have a different way of going about it.
我做辣的时候…
I think hot...
我会选用苏格兰帽子椒 而她也许会用辣椒
I go Scotch bonnet. She thinks hot, maybe chili peppers.
但我希望用辣是有目的的
But I prefer hot with a purpose.
如果这是个单人挑战 我会很享受
If this was a solo challenge, oh, boy, I'd be havin' a ball.
当你要依赖其他人时 你就有可能会失望
When you rely on others, you're settin' yourself up for a possible disappointment.
当你在团队里做事的时候 会有些难
When you're workin' in teams, it's a little difficult,
因为你希望你的搭档 感觉他们的知识
because you want to make your partner feel respected...
得到了尊重
with their knowledge,
同时你又希望 自己的技术能力得到发挥
but you also want your technical ability and your skills to shine through.
鱼肚子差不多塞好了
All right, I'mma stuff the fish.
怎么样? -正在干呢
How's it goin'? - It's goin'.
这鱼是我刚从池塘里捕来的
I just caught this in the pond over there.
看起来确实像
You-- It looks like it. - Hot coals.
非常新鲜 -热的火炭
It's very fresh. -Hot coals.
是 小心点
Yeah, be careful.
我打算把这些配料弄碎
So I think I'm just gonna get some of the...
这样味道能够出来
flavors out by mashin' 'em up, and release 'em,
然后把这些配料放进鱼肚子
and then put 'em inside the cavity.
端上桌之前 把这些配料再拿出来
And before we serve it, of course, we'll pull it out.
殖民前的菜 我们打算做三文鱼
For pre-colonial, we're doin' salmon.
她往鱼肚子里塞了 柑橘类水果和大蒜香草
She's stuffing the salmon with citrus and garlic herbs
我在用玉米壳做绳子
and I'm making twine out of corn husks.
用绳子把鱼捆起来
Gonna use this to make a little twine to wrap around
这样烤的时候 鱼肚子里的东西不会滑出来
so it-- all that stuff doesn't, uh, slip out as it's cookin'.
你们有谁 以前在这种东西上烧过菜吗?
Have either of you ever cooked on something like this before?
一堆木棍上面吗?没有 -没有
On a pile of sticks? No. -No.
从没在一堆木棍上面烧过菜
Never cooked on a pile of sticks. -No.
我烧过熏肉香肠之类的东西
I've cooked weenies and stuff.
用木棍烤过棉花糖
Marshmallows on sticks.
在我把它捆起来之前 你还有其他什么主意吗?
Before I wrap this up, do you have any more ideas?
你也看到我往鱼肚子里塞了什么 -我想往里再加点辣的
You saw what I stuffed it with. -I wanna put a little bit of heat in.
往里面放一两个苏格兰帽子椒
I'm gonna get a nice Scotch bonnet pepper or two.
好吧
Okay.
我有点担心 这会不会太辣了
I'm a little worried these are gonna be really hot.
我本想再多说几句 但我不想你和蒂娜小姐闹别扭
Let 'em soak. -I'd talk more, but I don't want you to get in trouble
所以我还是走开
with Miss Tina, so I'll just step away.
祝你们好运吧
Good luck, y'all.
你要把这些全塞进鱼里吗?
You gonna put all that in our fish? Okay...
这样辣味儿才能出来
Well, you gotta bring the heat.
辣椒籽要不要拿掉? -不用 辣味就在辣椒籽里面
Are you gonna take the seeds out? -No, that's where the heat is.
我知道 但我有一点点担心
I know, but I'm a little worried.
好吧 辣椒茎我不放进去
Okay, I won't put the stem in.
行 茎别放进去 -他们喜欢干辣做法
Yeah. Don't put the stem in. -They loved the jerk.
只要是辣的 他们就喜欢 他们想再辣点
They loved everything hot. They wanted it hotter.
别忘了 我赢过两场 -那你就更应该明白了
Well, I did win twice. -There you go.
这话太刻薄了
Oh, that sounds mean.
我参加过很多次比赛 我想从过去的错误中吸取教训
I've been to a lot of competitions, and I try to learn from previous mistakes.
你是为评委做菜
You're cookin' for the judges.
不是为你自己
Not for you.
我在往三文鱼肚子里塞…
I'm stuffing my salmon...
数种不同的香草
with a number of different herbs.
还放了一些橙子
Also got some oranges in there.
没算数量
And there's no quantities.
我只是按照我需要从那边拿了一些 然后塞进去
I just grabbed what I needed out of there and I just stuck it in here.
这样应该行了
That should do it.
但愿芭蕉叶的味道也能进入到鱼里面
Hopefully, the-- the banana leaves also impart some flavor to it.
我们创造了一种环境 鱼可以在芭蕉叶里面
We'll create an environment where we can get some steaming and braising going on
被蒸 被炖
inside of the banana leaves.
我有这些小刀片用来切割
I had these little blades to get it cut, and...
这只是一个例子
Give you an example.
可能太短了
Uh-oh. That might be short.
我们准备好了 我打算把这拿出去
We're good to go. I'm gonna take this out
等阿什利把烤炉设置好了 我们可以把鱼放上去 就可以开始了
so that, when Ashley gets the pit set up, then we can put it on, we can go from there.
这些原住民的烧烤架子
With an Indigenous cooking rack
是用绳子把一些木头绑在一起
that's made out of wood, and it's all roped together,
这架子会着火吗?
can you set that on fire?
当然会 任何木头都会着火
Absolutely. You can set any kind of wood on fire.
这就意味着你的火得很低 慢慢烧
Meaning you need a very low fire. - You need a slow fire.
即便如此 因为你的火是铺设在沙地上的
And even with that, 'cause you're sittin' that fire on top of sand...
火还是需要氧气才能着
the fire still has to breathe.
你知道我们还应该做什么吗? 把这些巨大的…
You know what we should do, too? Put these big...
西印度南瓜放上去 -好
uh, calabaza squash on there. -Yeah.
直接放到火炭上面
Just put it directly on the coals.
殖民前时期的菜 我们打算做一些 用芭蕉叶包的三文鱼
For the pre-colonization era, we're gonna do some salmon wrapped in banana leaves,
直接放火上烤
smoked over our, um... flame,
我们还会烤一些南瓜
and roasted squash.
这快行了
It's gettin' there.
行 我们会没事的
It's okay. We'll be okay. -I can--
我的手可以放在架子上挺长时间
I can hold my hand there for quite a little bit of time.
这条三文鱼很大 离火又很远
It's a big piece of salmon that's way above the fire,
如果下面的火太大了
and if you cook it with a lot of heat under it,
木棍做成的烧烤装置会被烧坏
you could burn down the stick burner contraption.
但如果火太小了 东西就煮不熟
But if we cook it too low, then it may not get done.
这是殖民前时期 你只能用手去触摸 感觉
This is pre-colonization, so you just go along with touch, feel,
来判断烤鱼需要多少时间
and knowing the time that it takes to cook that fish.
我对这装置一无所知
I don't-- I don't know this apparatus thing here.
你知道要花多少时间 这条三文鱼才能熟?
How long do you think that salmon will take?
在这场比赛的过程中
Throughout this challenge,
我发现自己越来越成为团队的领袖
I'm-- I'm finding myself becoming more and more the leader of the team.
阿什利让我做很多决定
Ashley's forfeiting a lot of the decision-making to me.
五个小时 你们还有五个小时可以用来做菜
Five hours. You guys have five hours left in your cook.
战前时期
During the antebellum era,
烧烤是放在那些装有火炭的 浅坑和壕沟上面进行的
barbecue was cooked over shallow pits or trenches that were filled with coals.
战前时期烧烤装置的问题在于 你无法将烟和热量集中起来
The thing about the antebellum is you have no way to trap smoke and heat.
这些烟和热量直接从炉排里出来 然后消散到空气中
That smoke and heat are comin' directly out from those grates and escaping.
所以 基本上你们是在焙烧
So, basically, you're roasting.
追溯到以前 这种设施很简陋 但是能起到效果
Back in those days, it was just... basic, and it worked.
更适合做切成大块的肉 比如绵羊肉和山羊肉
And it was more better for bigger cuts of meat, like the mutton and the goat,
正因为如此 他们开始使用绵羊肉 因为所有人都喜欢绵羊
and that's how they started usin' mutton, 'cause everybody liked lamb,
当然是年幼的那种
of course, the younger ones.
他们开始使用绵羊肉
They started usin' mutton,
剧集 | 美国烧烤对决(2020) | 导航列表