剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
理查德昨晚告诉我这些点的时候
When Richard told me about the dots last night,
一开始我没在意 认为那是
initially, I dismissed it as the ranting
自我伤害的傻瓜的咆哮
of a self‐sabotaging idiot.
但几小时之后 我在二楼的
But a few hours later when I woke up
一间男厕所里醒来后
in a stall in the second story men's bathroom,
我意识到了些事
I realized something.
你酗酒吗
That you're an alcoholic?
可能吧 但也是高功能的
Perhaps, but high‐functioning.
就像我们的网络一样
Much like our network. To wit...
我们的内部消息系统是在互利聊基础上搭建的
Our internal messaging, based on HooliChat,
靠的是一个叫做P‐256的
uses a weak encryption standard
加密标准
known as P‐256.
不管理查德相不相信
Whether Richard believes it or not,
我们的网络把它破解了
our network cracked it.
谁允许它这么做的
Who allowed it to do that?
我们 当时我们只给了它一个目标
We did, when we gave it one job.
让自己更有效率
To make itself more efficient.
它开♥发♥出了多项式时间内
It developed a general solution
离散对数的通用解
to discrete log in polynomial time.
什么
What?
这是好事还是坏事
Okay, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
来个人告诉我应当怎么感受
Someone tell me how to feel.
对你来说是绝望的恐怖 从那里开始
Abject terror for you. Build from there.
上线后
Once launched,
我们不再相信的加密
我们的人工智能就会继续学习
our AI will keep learning to break
破解更多的复杂防御
more and more sophisticated parameters.
到最后这就意味着隐私的终结
Ultimately, this will mean the end of privacy.
电网
Electrical grids,
金融机构
financial institutions,
每一个核武器的密♥码♥
the nuclear launch codes for every single nuclear weapon.
全都会被曝光
All will be exposed.
纯粹的暴♥力♥会变成唯一的权力
Pure violence will become the only basis of power.
别说这些末日废土
Spare us the apocalyptic desert planet
的科幻垃圾了 弗兰克·赫伯特
scifi bullshit, Frank Herbert.
弗兰克·赫伯特是写过一系列...
Uh, Frank Herbert was a writer who wrote a series of...
我知道谁是弗兰克·赫伯特
I know who fucking Frank Herbert is.
对不起
I'm sorry.
这是性别歧视吗
Was that gendered?
-那是性别歧视 -好吧 吉尔弗约尔
- That was gendered. - Okay, Gilfoyle.
就算你说的都是对的
Even if everything you're saying is right,
那就是我们目前的方向
and that's where we're headed,
一定有办法修复的吧
there's gotta be a way to fix it.
修什么 理查德
Fix what, Richard?
这网络在做我们让它做的事
The network is doing exactly what we told it to do.
人工智能在优化压缩
The AI is optimizing the compression
压缩也在优化人工智能
and the compression is optimizing the AI.
任何让它变得成功的东西
Everything that makes it successful
也在让它变得危险
is exactly what makes it dangerous.
这是功能 不是报错
It's a feature, not a bug.
不不不不不
No , no, no. Okay, no.
我们该怎么办
What are we gonna do about it?
你有什么建议
What do you suggest we do about it?
你非要逼我说出来
You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?
好吧
Fine.
我们造了一个怪物
We built a monster.
我们得杀了它
We need to kill it.
-操 -你疯了吗
- Fuck. - Are you out of your mind?
不不不不不吉尔弗约尔
No, no, no, no, no, Gilfoyle.
首先我们没有创造一个怪物
We didn't build a monster, first of all.
我们造出了这世界上最厉害的网络
We built the single greatest fucking network, ever, in the world.
这很重要
That's the big one.
我没太听清 你想杀了它
And I'm sorry, you wanna kill it?
现在 现在 现在
Now? Now? Now?
我们就快要到终点线了
We are inches away from the finish line.
你♥他♥妈♥的想杀了它
You wanna fucking kill it?
我们成功了 我们造出来了 它成功了
We did it, man! We built it! It works!
它就需要一些帮助 我们能够修好的
It just needs a little help! We just gotta fix it, okay?
我们不会杀了它
We don't kill it!
疯了吧 杀掉你自己还差不多
That's crazy, man! Kill yourself is the thing.
草你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck you.
我是说
I mean...
疯了
that's crazy.
当人们问起魔笛手时
When people ask me about Pied Piper,
我的回答总是相同的
I always tell them the same thing.
劳里·布里姆
前投资人
还有什么问题吗
Are there other questions?
是的 能详细点吗
Uh, yeah. Can you elaborate?
好
yes.
能说下吗
Will you?
省省吧 贾里德 我没心情听人鼓劲
Save it, Jared. I'm not in the mood for a pep talk.
如果说我从格瓦特的相处中学到了什么
You know, if I learned anything from my time with Gwart,
那就是倾听的力量
it's the power of just listening.
吉尔弗约尔太操蛋了
Fucking Gilfoyle.
关掉它 特么在逗我吧
Shut it down? Are you fucking kidding me?
我们要前功尽弃吗
Throw everything away that we've been working toward?
更何况我们还有
Not to mention the fact that we have a contract
数十亿美元的合同
worth billions of dollars.
确实不少钱
Yeah, that's a lot of money.
其他人怎么办
And what about all the other stuff we're gonna do?
我是指那些需要互联网服务的人群
I mean, give internet to underserved communities,
作业遇到困难的学生 难民 基因组研究
students in the homework gap, refugees, genomic research.
魔笛手还能帮助科学家治疗癌症
Pied Piper can help scientists cure cancer.
-癌症确实很可怕 -癌症就他妈很可怕
- And cancer is bad. - Cancer fuckin' sucks!
谁想得癌症 没有人
"Hey, I'd like some cancer, please." No.
我们有了这个可爱的宝宝
And we have this beautiful baby,
只是有点变♥态♥
who is a little sick...
但现在它成了恶魔
But, apparently, it's now the devil,
因为我们必须杀掉它
and we have to kill it.
我主张带它去看医生 但
I vote we take it to the doctor, but fuck.
我的养母也觉得我是恶魔
I had a foster mother who thought I was the devil
应该杀掉我
and that she had to kill me.
我想这对她来说很痛苦
And I think it was pretty traumatizing for her.
而吉尔弗约尔愚蠢而疯狂的
And the odds...
"末日方案"
of Gilfoyle's stupid crazy doomsday scenario
真正成功的概率
actually coming true are...
你看 咱们国家核武器库都几十年了
I mean, we've had a nuclear arsenal for decades,
我们不还是好好的 除了几次
and we're fine. I mean, outside of a couple...
小小的危险 确切地说是两次
substantial blips. Two in particular.
我们还是很安全的
I'd say we're safer.
真正杀掉我们的是压力
The real killer is stress.
是啊 好吧
Okay, sure, fine.
奥本海默[物理学家]有句名言
Oppenheimer famously said he regretted
他说自己后悔制♥造♥原♥子♥弹♥ 并在绝望中死去
building the atom bomb and died in despair,
但现在说这些还他妈有什么用
but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
奥本海默 真是个自恋狂
Oppenheimer. What a self-obsessed little bitch.
我们该怎么办 啊 我们该怎么办
What are we supposed to do, huh? What are we supposed to do?
草他妈的吉尔弗约尔 我们就打给AT&T
Fucking Gilfoyle. We'll just call up AT&T
说我们的网络实在太强
and say that our network is so good
以至于它终将成为某种"末日设备"
that it'll eventually become some doomsday device,
出于道义 我们别无选择
and we have no moral option but to destroy it
在让你们发布之前 我们只好毁掉它
before we let you release it? I mean...
我们不能这么干 不能
We're not doing it! We're not. We're not.
理查德
Hey, Richard.
你觉得该怎么做 我们就怎么做
Whatever you think is best, that's what we're gonna do.
他们刚立了广♥告♥牌
I mean, they just put up the billboard.
她还挺厉害的
She's a beauty, right?
草泥马 抱歉各位
Fuck! Sorry, guys.
-吉尔弗约尔是对的 -你认真的吗
- Gilfoyle's right. - Seriously?
我们真的要这么做吗 我们不启动了
We're seriously doing this? We're canceling the launch?
不 不仅如此
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表