Excuse me. Are you Ben Coleman's son?
不要意思 你是Ben Coleman的儿子吗
Yeah. Hi, I'm Lucy Bennett.
没错 嗨 我是Lucy Bennett
We worked with your father in our anatomy class.
我们在解剖课上和你父亲合作
And I'm sort of in charge of our group's tribute to him.
我们组由我来负责悼念他的
And I just wanted to know if there's anything you wanted us to include.
我就想知道还有哪些方面 你需要我们特别涵盖的
...that you never consider they might not feel the same way.
而你却从没想过也许 他们的感受却和你不同
Well, how about that he was a miserable, horrible dad,
不如加上这句 他是个愁眉苦脸糟糕透顶的父亲
who pretty much ruined my childhood,
几乎毁了我的童年
and I'm only here to see him put in the ground?
我来这的唯一目的就看他入土
I guess I could work that in.
我猜 我能把这句加进去
Over the next 20 minutes,
接下来的二十分钟里
Eric regaled me with horrible stories about Ben.
Eric向我吐槽了许多有关Ben的糟糕往事
He was never around when I was a kid.
我小时候 他从来找不到人
He cheated on my mom.
他背叛了我的妈妈
He didn't call me for 20 years.
他二十年来没和我联♥系♥
Okay, but you gotta admit he was an excellent bowler.
好吧 但是你得承认他保龄球打得特好
I found a photo from when he rolled that perfect game on June 16, 1976.
我找到张他完胜1976年6月16日比赛的相片
So, that's where he was on my seventh birthday.
原来我七岁生日那天他去打保龄球了
Balls.
糟了个糕
Dr. Cox, I don't know what I'm gonna do about this ceremony. I had this whole...
Cox医生 我不知道要怎么处理这个仪式 我本来
No sitting.
别坐下
Can't you see I'm reading a very important chart here?
你没看到我正在读很重要的图表吗
A British tabloid?
英国小报吗
This chart functions as my shield
这个图表像个盾牌一样
to protect me from those who would annoy me.
阻拦哪些前来烦我的人
Hey, Dr. C. Shield on.
嘿 C医生 盾牌起
See what you've done?
看你干的好事
You have destroyed the shield-like power of my chart.
你破坏了我图表的盾牌效力
I guess starting tomorrow I'll be shadowing you again.
我猜明天开始 我又得像影子一样的跟着你了
I decided that surgery's not really my thing.
我觉得自己不适合当外科医生
No, no. You are supposed to be with Dr. Turk.
不 不 你应该跟着Turk医生的
Where is Dr. Turk?
Turk医生人呢
Gandhu, step away from the pizza pastry, would you, please?
Gandhu 请放下手里的比萨卷 好不啦
Yeah, but the chemicals taste better when it's hot, so...
好的 但是趁热吃才好吃 所以
Fair enough. I've come to clear up a point of confusion.
好吧 我来是要解除一点疑虑的
This is what a protege should look like.
这个才是门徒应该有的样子
It is an empty vessel that I'm filling with knowledge.
像个空容器 让我填满知识
I also get to hold stuff.
我也负责拿东西
Cole didn't have what it takes, all right? We surgeons are an elite crew.
Cole不是这块料 好不好 我们外科医生可都是精英
Really? Say, Todd, do me a favor.
真的吗 Todd 帮我个忙
Would you tell me what that wonderful new invention is
你能告诉我你最近忙活的了不起的
you've been working on?
新发明是什么吗
It's a series of erotic novelty wines.
一系列独创色情红酒
Chardonn-gay, Sauvignon Donk, Teeny-Weeny Peni Grigio.
霞多"基" 赤霞"蛋" "小♥弟♥弟♥"皮诺
Patent-pending five. Drink up, boys.
专利击掌 干了 伙计们
Yes, indeedy, sweetie.
确实没错 甜心
You surgeons truly are the chosen ones.
你们外科医生真是天之骄子
Come on, he wasn't even serious about it. I bet he's already moved on.
拜托 他都不是认真的 我打赌他肯定忘了这码事了
Actually, he hasn't. He's still practicing.
事实上 没有 他还在继续练习
I know I can fix it.
我能缝好的
And the worst part is I had to stay in that room for 17 horse funerals.
最糟糕的是 我得在那个屋里参加十七场马葬礼
Okay, so young Cole may not be an ideal protege.
好吧 就算小Cole同志不是个理想的门徒
He may not even be an ideal human.
他甚至不是个理想的人类
Nevertheless, you don't get to pick who needs you as a mentor.
但是你不能选择 谁需要你做他的导师
Do you realize, for the last eight years,
你意识到了吗 八年来
I've been saddled with a whiny, clingy lady-man
我都招架着一个爱哭 粘人的伪娘
whose very life force was dependent on hugs?
没有拥抱就活不下去
And now, of course, I have young Drew.
当然现在 我有了小Drew同志
And although he may be filled with a bubbling rage
尽管他可能满腹翻滚的怒火
that I fear cannot be contained very much longer,
恐怕也压抑不了太久了
at least he doesn't need me to hold his hand
但是至少 他倾诉爱语以及内心的真实感受时
when he speaks of love and his true feelings.
不需要我握着他的手
The point is we don't always get to choose
重点是 我们不总能选择
who deserves and who wants our help. That's it.
谁值得 谁需要我们的帮助 就是这样
Why you gotta always ruin pastry time?
你为啥总来破坏卷饼时光
Perfectly good pastry.
完美的卷饼
Dr. Cox, can I ask you something? Yes.
Cox医生 我能问你点事吗 好的
When you're in love, how do you set aside your fears
当你坠入爱河的时候 你是怎么摒除恐惧
so that you can just dive in and follow your heart?
一头扎进去 遵从自己的心的呢
Oh, dear God, Drew, not you.
哦 上帝啊 Drew 你咋也这样了
It's happening again. It's happening again.
悲剧重演 悲剧重演
Ben, I am very upset with you. You tricked me.
Ben 我很生你的气 你骗了我
All old and cute on the outside and horrible and cruel on the inside.
外表衰老可爱 内心可怕残忍♥
I was planning an amazing tribute for you,
我本打算好好悼念悼念你
stories and poems and a dozen purple balloons
各种故事啊 小诗啊 还有一串象征着葡萄的
to signify a cluster of grapes.
紫色气球
Well, now I'm going to pop them
好吧 现在我要把它们弄破
so they look like raisins, nature's saddest fruit, all shriveled and dry.
好看起来像葡萄干 大自然中最可悲的水果一样 又干又瘪
Hey. Stop being weird.
嘿 别那么奇葩了
I'm trying to eat my sandwich around some corpses.
我正在尸体边上吃三明治呢
Why are you eating lunch in here? Why are you yelling at a dead guy?
你为啥在这吃午餐啊 你为啥朝着一个死人♥大♥喊大叫
See, we all got a lot of questions.
看吧 咱俩都是问题一大堆
I'm yelling at Ben because I made this really beautiful tribute for him,
我朝Ben喊 是因为我为他准备超美的悼念仪式
and it turns out he was a jerk.
结果他却是个混♥蛋♥
So? Did he have all his parts? Yeah.
那又怎样 他尸身健全吗 健全
Were you able to slice through his tendons,
你们能切开他的肌腱
sift through his lower intestines and study the anatomy
通过他的下肠做皮肤完整性功能实验并研究
of his right hepatic flexure? Yes.
右肝脏的解剖吗 能
Then he was exactly who he was supposed to be.
那他就完成任务了
Who cares if he was a jerk in real life?
谁在乎他生前是不是混♥蛋♥
You have to learn to adjust
你得学会在现实
when your expectations don't match the reality,
与希望不符时 调节自己
whether it's about the present state of a relationship...
不论是你目前的感情状态
What are you doing? I'm taking down the curtain.
你在干什么 我要把帘子拿下来
Sorry I was such a jerk.
抱歉我那么混球
It's just sometimes the tiniest changes terrify me,
只是有时 最小的变动也能吓着我
and I just need a little time to process things,
我只是需要点时间消化一下
but eventually I come around.
但是最后 我会明白过来的
Is this a sledgehammer?
这个是锤子吗
Is what a sledgehammer?
什么是锤子
This sledgehammer.
这个锤子
You're the one who put the hole in the wall.
是你在墙上凿洞的
I may have.
可能是我凿的
Look, I mean, room and board is expensive.
听着 我是说 房♥间和板子都挺贵的
I think that we should live together next year.
我觉得明年咱俩应该搬到一起住
So, this was my way of easing you into it, you know,
这只是我让你慢慢接受的方法 你懂的
getting you comfortable with the idea.
让你接受这个想法
I'm curious to see whether it worked.
我想知道是否有用
This is where you say... I'm in love with a sociopath?
这时你就该说 我爱上了反♥社♥会♥者
Wrong. Yes or no.
错 搬或者不搬
I mean, it's your life. Sort of.
我是说 这是你的人生 算是吧
Yes.
搬
...or your expectations about a person's future.
还是你对某人未来的期许
Hey, Cole, you got a sec?
嘿 Cole 你有时间吗
Listen, I've been thinking about it and, amazingly enough,
听着 我一直在考虑 挺神奇的
the same things that make you a complete douche
那些让你成为一个十足混球的特质
also give you the potential to be a good surgeon.
也给了你成为优秀外科医生的潜质
So, it'd be an honor to teach you,
所以 能教你 我很荣幸
if that's something you really want.
如果你真的很想要的话
It might be the first thing I've ever really wanted.
这也许是我第一回真的想做一件事
Don't get all mushy, all right?
别这么煽情 行不行
Or even your expectations about somebody's past.
甚至是你对某人过去的期望
I met Ben on my first day of med school
来医学院的第一天 我遇见了Ben
at a moment when I wasn't really sure if I would make it.
那时我还不确定自己是否真的能挺过来
But the truth is, I didn't really know Ben.
但事实是 我并不了解Ben
In life, I'm sure he had his faults, but in death, he did great things.
生前 我相信他犯过错误 但是死后 他做了好事
He brought us together and helped us realize
他把我聚到一起 帮我们意识到
that we couldn't do it all on our own.
我们不能独木成林
He gave us the confidence to believe in ourselves.
他给了我们自信
And he gave his body so that we could become doctors.
他贡献了自己的肉身 好让我们能够成为医生
剧集 | 实习医生风云(2001) | 导航列表