剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表
In Afghanistan.
而且是在阿富汗
You helped.
也多亏有你
The sister wants the surgery, but the husband does not.
姐姐想要动手术 但丈夫不让
Yes. I'm afraid Ms. Bishop's right,
对 恐怕毕肖普女士说得对
which I confirmed with Attorney Scott Henderson.
我刚才跟斯科特·亨德森律师确认过了
Under current Federal Law,
目前的联邦法律是
same-sex unions cannot be recognized across state lines.
同性婚姻跨州就会无效
I have a lovely pamphlet that lays it out quite wonderfully...
我有份很漂亮的小册子解释得特别详细
Thank you. The sister has control.
谢谢 所以姐姐说了算
She does.
她说了算
That's not to say that the spouse cannot sue
但假如真的做了手术
should you go ahead with the procedure.
也不排除配偶提出上诉的可能
Nothing's ever to say that, Fran.
谁都有可能起诉我们 弗兰
You know, they teach that in medical school now.
你知道吗 现在医学院都教这个了
The Hippocratic Oath has been amended.
希波克拉底誓言已被修改了
It now reads "Do no harm,
现在读作「不造成伤害
but expect litigation just the same."
但请做好面对诉讼的准备」
Think he'll make it?
你觉得他会好起来吗
Depends on where they take him to.
要看他会被送去哪了
But he can survive... I don't see why not.
但他会活下去的 这我不会怀疑
That kid's hands weren't bad
作为一名才二十岁的医护兵
for a 20-year-old medic.
那孩子的手还蛮稳的
Ty, can you really process what just happened?
泰 你真的意识到刚才发生了什么吗
No.
没有
Nice that you two could finally make it in.
你们俩可算是来了
Two months old?
两个月大
She's being prepped now. Scans are in radiology.
正准备推她进手术室 片子都在放射科
I'm scrubbing in, too.
我也上台
Because? Because I am.
为什么 因为我想
Fine, but stay out of the field.
好吧 但不要进手术区域
Two months old? Yeah.
才两个月 是
Come on. Seriously?
不是吧 真的假的
It's heavily surrounded with delicate nerves and blood vessels.
肿瘤被包围在纤细的神经和血管中
I'm just not even sure we could get to it.
我都不敢确定能不能分离出来
You better.
你最好能
You're supposed to be such a Big Shot.
你可是绝代神医
You better.
你最好能
Maybe with the NICO.
用NICO刀有可能行
Have you ever used it?
你用过这种刀吗
Not on a baby.
在婴儿身上没用过
It's a fairly new device called the NICO Myriad.
现在有一种新设备叫NICO Myriad
It's especially designed for hard-to-reach areas of the brain.
专门用于处理大脑中难以接近的区域
It kind of works like pac-man.
它工作时就像吃豆人那样
It gobbles, sucking up tiny pieces of tumor.
它能把肿瘤一小块一小块地吞到肚子里
It doesn't emit any heat,
它不会散发任何热量
preserving the surrounding tissue.
可以保护周围的组织
And you've used this before? Yes.
你用过这种设备吗 是的
But Chloe would be the youngest patient ever treated.
但没有给克萝伊这么小的婴儿用过
And if we don't operate?
如果不做手术呢
Well, the tumor is in a critical area of Chloe's brain.
肿瘤生长在克萝伊大脑中的关键部位
It's affecting her development right now.
它已经开始影响她的大脑发育了
If it were my daughter, I would operate.
如果是我自己的女儿 我会选择手术
But you're telling us she might not survive the procedure.
但你现在说的是手术有可能要她的命
That is a risk,
风险是有的
but we are not gonna let her die.
但我们不会让她死的
Mr. and Mrs. Newton...
纽顿先生 纽顿太太
I don't have children.
我没有孩子
I cannot even imagine what you're facing here.
我无法想象你们现在面临的困境
But here's what I can tell you.
但我可以告诉你们的是
There's nobody on the planet
在实施神经外科手术方面
who has more gifted neurosurgical hands than this man.
全世界没有任何人的双手能比他更具天赋
And looking at your daughter's scans,
看了你女儿的片子就知道
that tumor really should come out.
这个肿瘤真的得摘除
Futile. He gone. Surgery not help.
没用 他没救了 手术不管用
I understand, but since we can't
我理解 但既然我们不能
exclude the possibility of a miracle,
排除发生奇迹的可能性
the sister wants us to attempt one.
姐姐想让我们尝试一下
He gone. Dr. Park.
他没救了 朴医生
If I could just... No. Gone.
如果我可以 不 没救
The sister controls, Sung. It's that simple.
姐姐说了算 阿成 就这么简单
If we disconnect,
如果我们断开呼吸机
We've got a wrongful-death lawsuit on our hands.
马上就会招来医疗过失致人死亡的官司
And if we don't disconnect, while it's possible
如果我们不断开呼吸机 他的配偶也可能
the spouse will sue for pain and suffering,
会起诉我们故意施加额外的痛苦
At least that claim is much more tenuous.
但这个指控就轻多了
Let me ask you this.
我就这么问你吧
Suppose you do operate... What's the likely outcome?
假设你手术 结果可能是什么
Dead.
死亡
That might be our solution.
没准这就是解决问题的出路
We try to save him in accordance with her wishes.
我们按照姐姐的愿望努力救他
Should he die, well, at least she's at peace,
如果他死了 至少她会安心
knowing she tried.
因为她知道她尽力了
The spouse is satisfied
他的配偶也会满意
that his husband's not a vegetable.
因为他老公不再是个植物人
In an albeit morbid way, it's win-win.
虽然听起来挺病态 但这是双赢
Schedule the procedure.
安排手术
Mr. and Mrs. Newton.
纽顿先生 纽顿太太
Chloe has just gone in.
克萝伊已经进去了
The procedure should start any moment now.
手术会马上开始
As Dr. Wilson said, it should take between two and four hours.
威尔逊医生也说过大概要二到四个小时
I know that seems like an eternity now,
我理解这听起来要很久很久
but if we can offer any help or support in the meantime...
在此期间如果需要我们帮忙或提供支持...
Just went out to get some formula,
只不过是出门去买♥♥婴儿奶粉
and ran into this doctor at the store, you know.
然后就在店里遇到了一个医生
They say everything happens for a reason.
常言道 万事皆有因
But it's not true.
但事实并非如此
Scalpel.
手术刀
Talk about a small target.
这才叫小瘤子呢
Definitely a hamartoma.
肯定是错构瘤[良性]
Okay, first step...
好的 第一步
disconnect the intraventricular component of the tumor.
离断肿瘤在脑室内的部分
The middle cerebral artery looks good.
大脑中动脉看起来不错
Good flow.
血流顺畅
What? Syd, you sneak off
搞什么 小茜 我一不注意
and become a neurosurgeon when I wasn't looking?
你就摇身一变成神经外科医生了吗
What you do isn't so hard, smart boy.
你这工作也不难啊 天才
Actually, it is.
其实挺难的
Okay, pass me the magic wand.
好了 把魔杖递给我
Drill.
钻
We okay?
怎么了
Dr. Park?
朴医生
Not do. Sorry?
不做 什么
Not do. Close.
不做 缝合
Close him up?
给他缝上吗
Futile. Gone.
没用 没救
Not do. Close.
不做 缝合
Okay. Looks pretty clean to me.
很好 我感觉清得挺干净的
Dr. Ridgeway? I think so.
里奇韦医生 我同意
Can I see?
我能看看吗
No. No.
不行 不行
I'm coming out.
退出器械
There's no blood. Everything's staying dry.
没有出血 所有用品保持干燥
Looks like you can close.
看起来你可以关颅了
You've had a day. And it's only half over.
你这一天过得啊 这才过了一半哎
I take it back. You're really good.
我收回我的话 你确实很牛
Oh, how dare you?
你怎么可以这样
Brother gone. Surgery futile.
弟弟没救了 手术没用
It was not your place... Ms. Bishop.
这不是你能决定的 毕肖普女士
Cannot fix.
治不了
You don't know unless you try, which you didn't.
只有试过才能知道 但你都没试
剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表