剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表
'Cause it's barbaric? Why?
因为这样很野蛮 怎样
Because it's not western?
就因为不是西方文化吗
Oh, please, not everyone is East versus West.
拜托 不是所有人都搞东西对抗的
Look, there are all kinds of nontraditional healing methods
世界上有各种各样非传统的治疗方法
that we frown on in western culture.
放到西方文化中都要被横眉反对
Name three. I could give you 10.
举三个例子 我可以给你举十个
I'll take three. Fine.
我就要三个 行
There are doctors in both the US and Europe who have
在美国和欧洲都有医生
successfully treated ulcerative colitis with whipworm eggs.
成功地用鞭虫卵治愈了溃疡性结肠炎
We used to scoff at using maggots to eat bacteria...
我们曾嘲笑使用蛆吃掉细菌的疗法
Now it's mainstream. In Scotland,
现如今此疗法已成主流 在苏格兰
they're using human feces to treat strains of C. diff.
有人使用人类粪便治疗艰难梭菌感染
Do you want me to keep going? I'd prefer you make a point.
还要继续吗 请说重点
My point is, we are arrogant.
我的重点是 我们傲慢自大
There are so many forms of holistic medicine,
世界上有那么多各种形式的整体医疗
some ritualistic. Just because they can't always be
有些很有宗教仪式性 就因为它们大多
statistically quantified doesn't mean...
无法进行统计量化也不意味着
Hey, you know what?
喂 话说到这儿
How dare all of you?! How dare any of you!
你们凭什么 到底谁有权这样
Do you really mean to suggest that we have all the answers?
你们真的想说我们已无所不知了吗
I mean, look at this country...
看看这个国家吧
The United States of America may be
美♥利♥坚♥合众国也许是
the unhealthiest nation on the industrialized planet.
这个工业化星球上最不健康的国家
A third of all our people are obese.
我国有三分之一的人有肥胖问题
10% of our population suffer from diabetes.
10%的人口患有糖尿病
We are 25th in prevening heart disease.
我们在心脏病防控方面世界排名25位
We are 7th globally in cancer, 27th in life expectancy.
癌症数量全球第七 预期寿命排名27
It can be said that our medicine here sucks.
可以说我们的医疗行业烂到渣
It can safely be said that we do not have all the answers.
可以肯定地说我们并非无所不知
So if this patient feels strongly about eating her kidney,
所以如果这位患者强烈要求吃自己的肾脏
who the hell are we to say no?
我们有什么理由拒绝
Comments?
有何评论
Anyone else?
有吗
Release the kidney, Buck,
将肾脏发还吧 巴克
And tell your patient "Bon Appétit"
跟你的患者说 祝她用餐愉快
Time for the Big Cat to join us now.
到了虎爷上台的时候了
First of all, Gato, our sympathies for what have had to have
首先 加多 我们对这几天发生的事情
been a rather enduring couple of days.
表示深切的同情和慰问
Thankfully, Nick is going to be all right.
万幸的是 尼克会痊愈
But the matter does occasion us to revisit
但这件事让我们不得不重新审视
a rather time-honored policy here
一条由来已久的行规
that doctors do not treat family members if it can be avoided,
那就是医生尽量避免医治自己的家人
and that especially applies to our children.
尤其是自己的孩子
Are you with me so far, Dr. Villanueva?
你同意我说的吗 维兰纽瓦医生
No. The policy stinks.
不 这条行规烂透了
The policy should be "Heal," period.
我们的行规应该是「治愈」
If I'm in a position to help my son heal,
如果我有能力帮助治愈我儿子
the policy should be "Get the hell out of my way."
那么行规就应该是「少他妈挡老子的道」
So you feel you were the best doctor available
你认为在这种要对你儿子实施急救的情况下
in this situation to render emergency care to your son?
你是最适合的医生人选 对吗
Yes, I do. Excellent.
没错 很好
Should be as simple as that, then.
就是如此简单
Any issues, anyone?
有疑问吗 各位
Good. Well, it seems you're off the hook, Dr. Villanueva.
很好 看来你成功脱险了 维兰纽瓦医生
You may go.
你可以下去了
A-actually, just out of curiosity,
不过呢 纯属好奇
as you went about diagnosing your son's medical situation,
在你对你儿子的伤势进行诊断期间
what questions, if any, did you ask him?
你曾问过他什么问题吗
Did you ask him anything, doctor?
你有没有问过他问题 医生
I-I really don't remember.
我真的不记得了
Oh. It's not like you not to remember.
你可不像是那种忘事的人呢
You're a bit of a steel trap in that regard.
你在这方面可以说有点像捕兽夹呢
Were you having a bit of a day? Was the blood flowing?
你今天有所斩获吗 有血液沸腾吗
Were you unusually excited, doctor?
你是不是感觉异常兴奋呢 医生
Not hear the question?
没听清我的问题吗
I was a little worked up.
我当时有些激动
I happen to know what you asked your son.
我听说你曾经问过你儿子
It was overheard by many.
当时很多人都听到了
You said, "Nick, who did this to you?"
你说「尼克 是谁干的」
Of what diagnostic value was that, tell me?
这个问题有什么诊断价值吗 请问
I can quite understand a police officer
如果是警官调查案件时这样说
making an inquiry to that effect, but a doctor?
我表示非常理解 但医生会这样问吗
Who did it to him seems to me
谁把他弄伤的 在我看来
to be of very little medical relevance.
跟治疗的关系微乎其微
Perhaps more relevant is that the question
也许对我来说更重要的是
suggests rage to me, doctor.
这个问题意味着愤怒 医生
Rage, emotion.
愤怒 情绪
Now, does rage, emotion, fear...
那么愤怒 情绪 恐惧
Do those qualities improve your medical performance?
这些情绪对你的医疗工作有促进作用吗
Does retribution now become part of your diagnostic DNA?
难道现在报复也属于你诊断天赋的一部分吗
I suppose it's tough to be objective about these things,
我想要做到客观对待 着实比较困难
which is why we are lucky in that we have colleagues
所以说我们很幸运 我们有同事
to offer perspective.
可提供不同的审视立场
Now, take here, for example.
举个例子吧
You had one of the best colleagues, Dr. Sydney Napur.
你有位最棒的同事 茜妮·纳普尔医生
In addition to having splendid hands,
她那一双手技艺非凡
In addition to being one of the best
同时她还是太平洋西北岸
cardiothoracic surgeons in the Pacific Northwest,
最优秀的心胸外科医生之一
She brought perspective into the operating room.
她带着自己的立场走进手术室
And you sought to make that perspective and all that skill
而你却将她的立场 还有她的精湛技术
take a backseat to your emotion.
都置于你的情绪之后
Well done, Dr. Villanueva.
真棒啊 维兰纽瓦医生
That was splendid doctoring indeed.
这救治工作做的 真厉害啊
You having fun?
调戏得开心吗
You done?
完事儿了吗
No, I'm not done,
没完事儿
and I'm not having fun.
我也不开心
This was a very dangerous situation because,
这种情况极为危险 因为
first, your son sustained life-threatening injuries.
首先 当时你的儿子身负致命重伤
Second, because you are a legendary trauma surgeon,
其次 因为你是堪比传奇的创伤科医生
You are a man of imposing mental intensity,
你原本是铁骨铮铮 内心强大的真汉子
not to mention physical girth.
更不用提你那魁梧的身材
It would be very easy for a doctor to feel intimidated by you.
医生们看到你极容易心生畏惧
Your son might very well be alive today
你的儿子能够活到今天
because he had in his doctor, Dr. Sydney Napur,
是因为他的医生 茜妮·纳普尔医生
The one person who doesn't put up
这位医生她没有容忍♥
with your particular brand of bullshit.
您特有的胡搅蛮缠
Look, I agree with you, Gato.
我同意你的看法 加多
The best policy might well be "Heal."
最好的行规也许是「治愈」
Let's go with that, then.
那就让我们坚持下去
Let's make sure that every patient has the
让我们确保每一位患者都拥有
best possible chance to heal.
最佳的治愈机会
And more often than not,
还有
that policy is best served by doctors
要想这条行规得到最佳的贯彻
who are not mentally or emotionally compromised.
需要医生自身的心理或情绪不会受影响
Now I'm done.
现在我说完了
Now, tumor exposed.
肿瘤暴露出来了
Well-defined in planum temporale.
在颞平面上 界限清晰
Make patient awake.
让患者苏醒过来
Your turn at hem.
你来负责「头鬼」
Helm.
头盔
Chung Mai...rest over, hmm?
钟·麦 休息结束了哦
Work now with me.
该和我一起工作了
Wish I could watch all TV shows on goggles.
希望我能看到护目镜下的所有录像
Did you drill yet? I didn't hear anything.
你钻孔了吗 我什么都没听到
That point of goggles. We are mid-operations.
护目镜有记录 手术已进行了一半
I've got the speech boundaries set.
我已将语言中枢界限划分好了
Let's start with sound.
先从听力开始吧
"C."
C调
E-flat.
降E
剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表