剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表
Well, actually, let's just rewind, shall we?
我们还是回过头来重说一下吧
Let's go back to, um...
我们回到...
Let's go all the way back to "Dead."
我们回到"死亡"那句
Did Mr. Fernwood die on the operating table?
芬伍德先生死在手术台上了吗
Brain dead. Put on ventilator.
脑死亡 装上了呼吸机
Ventilator disconnect this morning.
今早停掉了呼吸机
Now dead-dead.
现在彻底死亡
Prior to surgery,
做手术之前
Did Mr. Fernwood have an advance directive? Yes.
芬伍德先生有生前预嘱吗 有
And what were his wishes as regards to
那他对于人工生命支持治疗
artificial life-sustaining treatment?
有什么样的愿望
No life-sustaining measures if condition irreversible.
如病情无法逆转 无须人工生命支持治疗
So how is it that he ended up connected to a ventilator
那他在无法逆转的昏迷和脑死亡情况下
in the face of irreversible coma and brain death?
为什么还会被装上呼吸机
I mean, most of us would recognize that as "Life-sustaining."
我们大部分人将其称为人工维持生命治疗
I didn't know what the advance directive said.
我根本不知道生前预嘱的具体内容
But no matter, directive no good during surgery anyway.
不管怎样 预嘱在手术进行过程中不适用
Suspended. Ah, so after surgery,
暂时无效 所以手术后
we had a patient who was brain dead,
我们的患者成了脑死亡
hooked up to a respirator.
戴着呼吸器
Ask Mrs. Fernwood what want do.
问过芬伍德太太打算怎么办
We then disconnect. Now patient dead-dead.
然后我们就停了 现在患者彻底死亡了
"Ask Mrs. Fernwood what want do"?
问过芬伍德太太打算怎么办
Why bother to ask her anything at all?
何苦多此一举问她呢
Courtesy.
出于礼貌
Courtesy. Oh, my giddy heart.
出于礼貌 真是要命了
I didn't know you had that in your bag of tricks, doctor.
我不知道您还有这项美德呢 医生
You didn't think to ask before the surgery,
你就没想到按照规定在手术前
as is required?
询问一下吗
Wouldn't that have been a more appropriate,
那样不是更合理吗
courteous course of action to take?
在采取行动之前礼貌问一下
I'm curious, doctor.
我很好奇 医生
Why do you think people even bother with advance directives?
你觉得人们为什么非得签生前预嘱呢
I mean, if one chooses not to be kept alive artificially,
如果一个人选择不靠人工设备维持生命
why doesn't one just communicate that
何不直接告诉自己的家人
to family and friends and next of kin?
朋友和直系亲属呢
Why go to all the trouble of executing a legal document?
为什么要费尽周折签下一份法律文件呢
That seems like such a to-do, does it not?
看起来真是大题小做 不是吗
One reason might be to save a loved one
其中一个原因也许是拯救所爱至亲
from making an excruciating moral decision.
让他们不用做出痛苦的道德抉择
I have an advance directive.
我也有生前预嘱
Do you know why?
你知道为什么吗
Because, should I find myself
因为如果有一天
hooked up to a bloody machine one day,
我发现自己被困在该死的机器中
I don't my wife facing a doctor who says to her,
我不想让妻子面对一位会对她问出
"What want do?"
"打算怎么办"的医生
I don't want my spouse in the terrible position
我不希望让我的爱人为难
where she has to pull the plug
以至于她不得不拔掉插头
and end the life on the one person she loves most of all.
亲手了结今生挚爱之人的生命
Can you imagine causing such agony to someone, doctor?
你能想象因此给人们带来的痛苦吗 医生
Buck.
巴克
You know, I've decided to have a go at you after all.
我还是决定请你来说一下
Please come and join us.
请上台来吧
Oh, you can stay right there, Dr. Park.
你可以留在台上 朴医生
I present to you all today
今天我要向大家介绍一场
the case of the dueling ventilators.
呼吸机之间的大♥比♥拼
Now, we're all in the business of healing, am I right?
我们的主要任务就是治疗疾病 对吧
Ameliorating suffering where and when we can?
无论何时何地 缓解人们的痛苦
But suffering sometimes extends beyond the patient...
但是痛苦有时会延伸到患者以外
To the patient's family.
延伸到患者家人身上
Dr. Park,
朴医生
you looked into the eyes of a grieving widow
你看着一名哀恸不已的孀妇的眼睛
while her husband was sustained on a machine,
她的丈夫正靠机器维持着生命
when you said, "What want do?"
当你说出「打算怎么办」的时候
That was not your best work, doctor.
你做得并不够好 医生
And Dr. Tierney, you gave us all a grand display
蒂尔尼医生 上周也是在这里
only last week in this very room,
你的表现异常精彩
regaling us all with your life-saving heroics.
为我们讲述了你那救死扶伤的伟大壮举
You were callous...
你其实冷漠麻木
First with Gavin Jasper, then with his mother.
首先是对加文·贾斯珀 然后是他母亲
You were callous to the point of indecency.
你对自己的无♥耻♥也麻木不仁
And your indecency was again on full display
而你的无♥耻♥再次在你做取证时
during your deposition.
展现得淋漓尽致
I look around this room, I look around this hospital,
我环视这个房♥间 放眼整个医院
and I see such brilliant minds, such gifted hands.
我看到才华横溢的头脑 巧夺天工的双手
All this talent, science, and technology...
有这么出色的人才 科学和技术
Why do we need any humanity?
我们又何必追求什么人文关怀呢
It's probably best if you go in alone first.
也许你先单独进去会比较好
You say he's met with a counselor, as well?
你之前说他也见了心理咨♥询♥师 是吗
Yes.
是的
I'm not sure if you should go in, at least not yet.
我不知道你该不该进 至少现在不行
I understand.
我明白
The neurological news is good. In fact, it's stunning.
神经状态情况良好 实际上是棒极了
Emotionally, you certainly face some challenges, but, uh...
情绪上 你显然正面对一些改变 但
Do I even have a life here to resume?
我还有值得重新开始的生活吗
I mean, really?
真的有吗
Mr. Cooper, your life was deep in the toilet.
库珀先生 你之前的人生糟糕透顶
Mainly due to the psychological deficits caused by the tumor.
主要原因是脑瘤导致的精神症状
That has been fixed.
现在你已经被治愈了
So I would say, for the first time in seven years,
所以我要说 七年来这是第一次
you actually do have a life to resume.
你真的有了可以重新开始的机会
It's gonna be a haul, but I think it's one that you can make.
也许会很漫长 但我认为你有能力做到
All right. Let's do this.
好吧 开始吧
Come on. I-I really want to get this over with.
来吧 我真的很想把这件事搞定
Oh, my God.
上帝啊
Welcome back.
欢迎回来
Hey, daddy.
爸爸
Emma?
爱玛
Yeah.
嗯
Michaela?
米凯拉
Do you realize, for all the mishegoss on healthcare,
你有没有发现面对医疗中所有的纠结
all the money spent on research,
面对在科研 开♥发♥和治疗上
development, cures, whatever,
耗费的所有金钱
we're basically just eating ourselves to death?
我们的基本问题其实是暴饮暴食而死
I don't just mean obesity, but also toxins...
我的意思不止是肥胖 也包括毒素
That guy who stroked out on Sung's table,
在阿成手术台上中风的男人
The woman that gagged at the restaurant.
那个在餐厅被食物噎住的女人
Do you have any sense the staggering amount of preventable deaths
你有没有发觉由于饮食不当或吸烟
caused either by bad food or cigarettes.
而导致的可预防死亡数量十分惊人
You want to solve healthcare?
想解决医疗方面的问题吗
We should impose a fat tax, a cigarette tax, a sugar tax.
我们可以征收肥胖税 香烟税 糖税
Do you ever stop?
你有没有停下来过
No. I don't, actually.
没有 我从未停过
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
It's inappropriate.
说出来不太合适
So it's true?
这么说是真的咯
You come to this hellhole every night?
你每晚都来这个鬼地方
What can I do for you, Buck?
你想要干吗 巴克
I've got a question for you 'cause you give honest answers.
我有个问题要问你 因为你最诚实
Am I an asshole?
我是不是特混♥蛋♥
Another rum and coke for my man here.
再来杯朗姆酒加可乐给我朋友
Uh, no, I-I don't drink rum.
不用了 我不喝朗姆
And you want to know if you're an asshole?
你还好意思问自己是不是混♥蛋♥
Dr. Park?
朴医生
Mrs. Fernwood.
芬伍德太太
I am so, so sorry.
我真的真的很抱歉
剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表