剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表
he was given what is known as an apnea test.
要接受呼吸暂停试验
Basically, the ventilator is stopped.
基本上就是停用呼吸机后
You allow the carbon dioxide levels to increase.
使二氧化碳张力升高
You check to see whether the patient can breathe or gasp.
这时检查患者是否可自主呼吸或气喘
If he cannot, he is deemed brain dead.
如果没有 就被认定脑死亡
And that's what happened here? Correct.
情况就是这样吗 没错
Mr. Jasper was taken off a ventilator.
贾斯珀先生的呼吸机断开
He did not gasp. He did not breathe.
他没有喘气 他没有呼吸
You pronounced him dead. Yes. Correct.
你就说他死了 没错
At which point you put him back on a ventilator
后来你给他重新接上呼吸机
and kept him alive while you cut out all his organs. No.
让他活着同时被取走所有器官 不是
No? He was not put back on a ventilator?
不对 他没有重新连上呼吸机
Yes, he was. Why? To keep him dead?
接上了 为什么 为让他维持死亡吗
To keep his organs alive.
为维持他的器官存活
See this is where I get confused.
这就是我不理解的地方了
Was he dead or alive? He was absolutely dead.
他到底是死了还是活着 他确实死了
His heart had stopped. No. The heart was beating.
他心脏停搏了 不 心脏还在跳动
In fact, he could still have had a heart attack.
事实上 他可能还会心脏病发作
Yes. How common is that, doctor?
是的 这种情况很常见吗 医生
For a dead man to have a heart attack?
死人心脏病发作
We are talking about brain dead, okay?
我们说的是脑死亡 懂吗
Your patient was brain dead.
你的患者脑死亡了
No, he was my client, actually.
不对 他是我的当事人
He was your patient, doctor.
他是你的患者 医生
Your patient.
你的患者
When my client was put back on a ventilator,
当我当事人重新接上呼吸机后
could this have prolonged his suffering? Absolutely not.
会延长他的痛苦吗 当然不会
The pain center of the brain was dead.
他大脑感应疼痛的部位已经死亡了
Well, that's good to know.
很高兴知道这一点
So there would be no need for, say, an anesthesiologist?
也就是说麻醉师没有必要在场了
The anesthesiologist was there to make sure
麻醉师在场是为了确保
the parts were properly oxygenated.
患者的器官供氧情况良好
Wasn't he also making sure
他是不是还要确保
that Mr. Jasper wouldn't suffer muscle spasms? Yes.
贾斯珀先生遭受肌肉痉挛之痛 对
And controlling muscle spasms with anesthesia...
而用麻醉剂缓解肌肉痉挛
isn't that a form of pain management?
也是一种止痛治疗方法 不是吗
Just so I'm clear, my dead client,
那我明白了 我死去的当事人
your dead patient whose lungs were breathing,
你死去的患者 他的肺还在呼吸
whose heart was beating, had an anesthesiologist
心脏还在跳动 要靠在场的麻醉师
present to manage his pain.
缓解他的疼痛
Your client was not capable of feeling pain. He was brain dead.
你的当事人已感觉不到疼痛 他脑死亡了
And you made sure of this, right?
你确认过了的 对吗
Before cutting out his parts.
在取出他的器官前
You did an EEG on him
你给他做了脑电图
to see if there was any activity in his cortex.
以检测其大脑皮层是否存在电生理活动
You tested him for higher brain activity, right?
你对他进行了更深层大脑活动测试对吗
No?
没有吗
You just gave him a little apnea test,
你只做了个简单的窒息测试
then, whoosh,
然后就嗖嗖嗖
started removing the kidneys and liver?
开始摘取他的肾脏和肝了吗
How dare you? All right. All right.
你好大的胆子 好了 好了
Gee. That was actually my next question.
天啊 这就是我接下来要问的
You got all the organ recipients on hand.
你让所有的器♥官♥移♥植♥接受者都准备就位
A schoolteacher, a doctor, an engineer...
一名教师 一名医生 一名工程师
all these wonderful lives to be saved.
你要拯救这些人的美好人生
A black kid, gunshot to the head.
一个黑人孩子 被一枪爆头
What are we waiting for, right?
还等什么呢 对吧
Sure looks dead enough for me.
看起来死了 就够了
You have no real memories for last 7 years.
你对之前的七年毫无记忆吗
Oh, my God.
我的天啊
Hazy recollection of being
有些很模糊的记忆
either on a street or...or an alley.
好像是在大街上 还有巷子里
The lab work does indicate some drug abuse.
实验显示 你曾经吸过毒
Uh, we were able to locate a Marylin Cooper.
我们找到了玛若琳·库珀
And, uh, you have two daughters, Emma and Michaela?
还有 你有两个女儿爱玛和米凯拉是吗
Yes. Yes. Are... are they here?
是的没错 他们来了吗
What?
怎么了
Mr. Cooper, you went missing.
库珀先生 你当时失踪了
A missing person's report was filed in 2006.
2006年被申报为失踪人口
In 2009...
2009年
Your wife was granted a divorce in absentia.
你妻子在你缺席的情况下与你离婚
And she's remarried.
她现在再婚了
What?
什么
Was I wrong to just blurt it out?
我是不是不该这么直接
Well. It had to be said.
这个 反正早晚得说
Okay, first thing, let's get a counselor in with him.
好了 我们先为他找个心理咨♥询♥师吧
I did make contact with his ex-wife.
我和他前妻联♥系♥过了
She's coming in.
她正往这边赶
O-okay. Okay. Let me talk to her first.
好 好的 让我先和她谈谈
No, no, no, no, no.
不行不行 不可以
I do not want this case settled. Absolutely...
我不想让这案子和解 绝对
How much are we looking at? High six figures, minimum.
我们要赔多少 至少要六位数
What? I didn't fire the gun!
什么 又不是我开的枪
I didn't pull the trigger. Buck.
又不是我扣的扳机 巴克
We never order up extra tests if they met criteria.
如果符合标准 我们是不会做额外测试的
I mean, my God, if we double, triple, quadruple check
天啊 如果我们对送来的
every thug that comes in here with a hole in his head
所有头部中枪的人 都一而再再而三地
and clinical proof of brain death.
反复进行临床测试以证明其脑死亡
This is exactly why we're looking at high sixes,
这就是为什么我们会被索赔六位数的金额
let alone you hovered over this patient
先别说你像只秃鹰一样在患者上方盘旋
like a vulture, waiting for him to die.
虎视眈眈地等着他死去
The fact that it was a black banger only makes it worse.
更糟糕的是对方还是混黑帮的黑人小混混
And that you would celebrate the successful harvesting
而且你还当着他母亲的面
of his organs in front of his mother...
庆祝成功摘取了器官
I did not celebrate.
我没有庆祝
We saved six lives, for god's sake.
我们救了六条人命 看在上帝的份上
Now, what? We're gonna get whacked with a lawsuit for that?
现在是怎样 我们要为此惹上官司吗
Are you serious?
开什么玩笑
Do not settle this case, Harding.
不要和解这个案子 哈丁
Thank you, Buck. I will take that under advisement.
谢谢你 巴克 我会考虑你的提议的
This is unbelievable.
简直匪夷所思
Settle it.
和解吧
We think, um...
我们认为
Suffered sequelae of his stroke during procedure.
手术期间发生了中风的继发症
Sometimes bad things happen.
有时就是突发横祸
Did... were there complications during the procedure?
是 手术期间引发了并发症吗
No. It went as planned...
没有 手术很顺利
Until dead.
直到死亡
Your husband was not in good physical condition.
你丈夫的身体状况不是很好
We try our best, but...
我们尽力了 但是
Sometimes these things happen.
这种情况时有发生
So I have advance directive.
我看到他的生前预嘱
He not want artificial means.
他不希望靠设备维持生命
You want disconnect ventilator?
你想停掉呼吸机吗
Hey! You.
你 站住
Uhoh. Yeah. "Uhoh" is right.
唉呀 很好 唉呀就对了
Did you actually tell Lieberman
你真的跟利伯曼说
I would go through him like crap through a goose?
我能把他打到屁滚尿流
In a good way.
我那是褒义
What is wrong with you?
你什么毛病啊
You're too much for that guy.
那家伙跟你差太多了
You don't even know him.
你根本不了解人家好吗
Yeah, but I know you, Syd.
没错 但我了解你 茜妮
All I was doing was making sure
我只不过是为了确保
he didn't take you for granted.
他不会将你不当回事儿
First of all, what business is it of yours...
首先 这关你什么事啦
That I protect my people?
保护自家人不关我事吗
And by the by, given your track record with men,
还有啊 考虑到你的前男友们
I stand by my "Crap through a goose" analogy.
我坚持"屁滚尿流"的比喻
Dr. Napur.
纳普尔医生
剧集 | 周一清晨(2013) | 导航列表