剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
事实上 我们很少说话
In truth, we rarely talk.
给你 先生
There you go, sir.
哈德森这事可能只是个谣言而已
This Hudson thing is probably just a rumor.
不管是不是谣言 都该死的让人恼火啊
Well, rumor or not, it's bloody frustrating.
有可能他们只是不喜欢你
Maybe they just don't like you.
闭嘴吧 你 跟我来
Shut your mouth, you- come with me!
奥利弗
Oliver.
父亲 我 我不知道你今天要来
Father, I, I wasn't aware you were coming in today.
有什么地方可以让我们谈一下的吗
Is there somewhere we can talk?
谢谢
Thank you.
你喜欢这地方
You like this place?
额 是有点粗糙 但我确实喜欢
Well, it's a little rough around the edges, but I do.
我们下班后经常来这
We tend to come here after a shift.
好吧
Well…
我就长话短说了
I'll make it brief.
威灵顿督查人在纽约的时候
While Inspector Wellington is in New York,
我们需要一名合适的人选来顶替他的位置
we need a suitable candidate to carry on his duties.
我们还没找到合适的人选
We are yet to find said candidate.
菲尔普斯警探之前还在说
Well, Detective Phelps was just saying…
不 我说需要一个合适的人选
No, I said a suitable candidate.
指的可不是菲尔普斯
That does not mean Phelps.
但上次威灵顿督查不在的时候也是他暂代的
But he acted up the last time Inspector Wellington was away.
噢 那只是几天 这次是一年
Oh, that was for a few days- this is for a year.
再说了 这个工作现在和政♥治♥沾边了
Besides, the job is political now.
预算审查 给内政部做报告
Budget reviews, presentations to the Home Office.
你能想象菲尔普斯这样的人
Can you imagine a man like Phelps
和政♥府♥部长打交道吗
dealing with government ministers?
不行 所以我要找懂行的人
No, I want someone who understands the game.
要一个真正合适的人选
The right man for the job.
我们问过爱尔兰分部的哈德森
We offered it to Hudson in Irish Branch,
但他拒绝了
but he turned it down.
其他四个 不 五个人都拒绝了
As did four- no, five others.
没人想干这活
No one wants it.
这该死的扩区把这工作变成一块烫手的山芋
This damned expansion has turned the job into a poisoned chalice.
所以我在考虑让你来
Which is why I'm considering you.
我
Me?
我们有时候看法是不一致
We have not always seen eye to eye.
事实上 有时候
And, in truth, there have been times
我很乐意让你自生自灭
when I would have gladly set you adrift.
但是 最近
However, of late,
我对你的看法有点改变了
my opinion has begun to change.
真的假的
Has it?
我关注了你的进展
I've followed your progress.
看起来你在侦探方面
It seems that you have some aptitude
有点天赋
for detective work.
谢谢 父亲
Thank you, Father.
你总是缺乏野心
You always lacked ambition,
就算小的时候也是
even as a child.
尽管如此 这对你而言是个绝佳的机会
Nevertheless, this could be a golden opportunity for you,
所以我竭力主张你要抓住这个机会
and I urge you to seize it with both hands.
我已经下令让你主导
I have given orders that you are to lead
下一个接手的谋杀案调查了
the next murder investigation that comes in.
让我看到你能胜任这份工作
Show me you've got what it takes.
我们下次再聊
We II talk again.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
谢谢你 长官
Thank you, sir.
我管这叫新手运气
Well, I call it beginner's luck.
这不是运气
It wasn't luck.
我读了今天的《体育生活》 研究了赛马的形势
I read today's copy of "Sporting Life" and studied the form.
赛马是凭直觉和即兴发挥的
Racing is about gut instinct and spontaneity.
去研究的话还有什么意思呢
Where's the fun in studying the form?
意思就在这里
Oh, I think it's right here.
斯嘉丽小姐
Miss Scarlet,
纳什先生 赛马怎么样
Mr. Nash- how was the racing?
很成功
Successful.
对有些人而言
For some of us.
没有人喜欢自鸣得意的人
You know, nobody likes a gloater.
没有人喜欢输家
Nobody likes a loser.
额 这个在您走之后不久送到了
Right, well, um, this arrived for you shortly after you left.
哈里森一案的合同已经送达了
And the contracts have come through for the Harrison case.
您愿意现在签名的话
If you'd be so good as to sign.
这里是两份复印件 签在这里和这里
There are two copies: here and here.
您还好吗 纳什先生
Everything all right, Mr. Nash?
别管他 他在生闷气呢
Just ignore him- he's in a sulk.
还有
And…
帕特里克
Patrick?
天父
Heavenly Father,
感谢这些礼物
bless these gifts,
这些我们从你丰富的恩赐中接受的
which we receive from thy bountiful goodness.
求你不要让我们失去你的国度
Deprive us not of thy kingdom,
但求我们能与你共享美好的盛宴
but grant that we may feast in fellowship with thee,
直到永远
for now, and forevermore.
我们感谢
And we give thanks
你无尽的慷慨
for thy overflowing generosity,
并努力配上
and endeavor to be truly worthy
你的仁慈
of thy kindness.
阿门
Amen.
阿门-阿门
Amen. Amen.
抱歉 波茨先生
Apologies, Mr. Potts.
我说祷告文不太熟练
I'm a little out of practice when it comes to saying grace.
我坚信一个简单的祷告
Well, I've always believed
能让人在一天的辛劳之后稍作小憩
a simple blessing gives a moment's pause after a long day.
听上去真不错 巴纳巴斯
Oh, that's so lovely, Barnabus.
你的祷词说的真好
You're so good with words.
当你是我的灵感源泉时 难免如此
It's hard not to be when you are my muse.
你最近有威灵顿督查的消息吗
Have you heard from Inspector Wellington recently?
有
Yes.
今早我收到了他的来信
I-received a letter from him this morning.
他搬到了警局附近的公♥寓♥
He's moved into lodgings near the police precinct
听上去安顿得还不错
and seems to be settling in well.
我打算晚餐后给他写回信
I plan to write back to him after dinner.
噢 如果你要写的话
Ooh! If you do…
我有一件很好笑的事
I have a rather amusing anecdote
你或许想把它写在回信里
you might wish to include in your correspondence.
就那件我们在太平间里收到甲醇的事
About the methanol we received at the mortuary.
你记得吗 我跟你说过
You remember, I told you about it?
也许你能在他回来时亲口跟他说
Perhaps you can tell him yourself on his return.
噢 不行不行
Oh, no, no, no.
这么好笑的事可不能等他回来再说
A tale this hilarious cannot wait.
我不确定我能称之为好笑
I'm not sure I'd call it hilarious.
你说这是你听到过最好笑的故事
You said it was the funniest story you'd ever heard.
是你讲这件事的方式 巴纳巴斯
It was how you told it to me, Barnabus.
我就是担心丽兹写下来
My fear is that Lizzie may not do it justice
表达不出这种好笑
by writing it down.
我去开门
I'll get that.
真的很好笑
It was very funny.
菲茨罗伊警探
Detective Fitzroy.
有何贵干-我可以进来吗
To what do I owe this pleasure? May I come in?
有件有点难办的事
It is a somewhat delicate matter.
请进
Of course.
我在找纳什先生 但我不知道他在哪里
I'm looking for Mr. Nash, but I've been unable to locate him.
我在想他有可能在这里
I was hoping he might be here?
恐怕不在哦
I'm afraid not.
有什么我可以帮你的吗
Is it something I could help with?
发生了一起谋杀案
There's been a murder.
受害者在阿尔德盖特的街头
The victim was stabbed several times in a street
被捅了数刀
in Aldgate.
你是想要我们调查吗
Do you wish to engage our services?
纳什先生涉嫌谋杀
Mr. Nash is wanted in connection with the murder.
我有他的逮捕令
I have a warrant for his arrest.
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表