剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
我们的患者今早怎么样
How is the patient this morning?
你的未来在苏格兰场
Your future's at Scotland Yard.
我觉得这没什么可怀疑的
I don't think that's ever been in question.
我说的不是工作
I'm not talking about work.
前情提要
P R EV IO U S LY
你好啊 伊莱沙
Bonjour, Eliza.
你根本没必要回来
There's really no need for you to be here.
我要留在伦敦 直到这边的业务走上正轨
I'm staying in London until this ship is back on course.
我要去纽约了
WILLIAM: I'm going to New York.
一年吗
For a year?
这不是告别
WILLIAM: This isn't goodbye.
只是暂时分开
It's goodbye for now.
只是暂时分开
It's goodbye for now.
早 小姐 信
Morning, misspost.
谢谢
Thank you.
天 -是呢
Goodness. Indeed.
早上好 伊莱沙
Good morning, Eliza.
克拉伦斯
Clarence.
我希望里面别都是账单
I hope that's not full of bills.
申请
Applications,
我们招新警探的广♥告♥
We've had an overwhelming response
收到的回复也太多了吧
to our advert for new detectives.
看来我还真是声名在外啊
I suppose my reputation does precede me.
我倒觉得应该是他们听说了女侦探的事吧
It's more likely they heard of the female detective.
广♥告♥上说的很清楚这里管事的是谁
The advert was quite clear who they'd be dealing with.
那谁的名字挂在门上了呢
Remind me whose name is above the door.
你的 和你儿子们的
Yours, and your sons'
机不可失
Well, no time like the present.
我们开始吧
Shall we begin?
这个不错
Oh, this one's good.
在弓街23年 你觉得这说明了什么
23 years at Bow Street- - what does that tell you?
说明他没有野心
That he lacks ambition.
跟塞缪尔·沃尔什先生不一样
Unlike Mr. Samuel Walsh.
连警探这个词都拼错了
Can't spell the word"detective. "
还有犯罪
Or the word"criminal"
或者他自己的名字
Or his own name.
去年解雇的
Fired him last year.
他呢 -太年轻了
Him? Too young.
他太老了
He's too old.
不信任他
Don't trust him
不喜欢他
Don't like him.
他还在牢里呢
He's been in prison.
至少这个人我们能达成一致吧
Surely we can at least agree on this chap.
这个人我已经拒绝过两次了
I've said no to him twice already.
别再试图把他的简历偷偷塞回来了 -我们都看了一整天了
Stop trying to sneak him through. We've been at this all day,
到目前为止我选的你一个都看不上
and so far you've liked none of my choices.
你也不喜欢我选的啊
Any more than you've liked mine.
跟他们共事的是我
It'll be me who works with them.
给他们付工资的是我 我才是老板
And me who pays for them- I am the boss.
你都提醒过我好多遍了
So you keep reminding me.
肯定会有能让你们俩都满意的申请吧
Surely some of the applicants are acceptable to you both.
问他啊
Ask him.
早上好
Good morning.
早
Morning
早
Morning.
我正在练字
I was just practicing my handwriting.
我怎么觉得你是在写信
Looked to me like you were writing a letter.
行吧
Fine.
我是在写信
I was writing a letter.
给谁
To?
巴纳巴斯
Barnabus.
丽兹
Lizzie!
看你到底在搞什么
What are you up to?
你为什么给威灵顿督查写信啊
Why are you writing to Inspector Wellington?
因为你不写啊
Because you aren't.
什么 -他给我写信了
What? He wrote to me.
他说给你写了三封信
He said he's sent you three letters
但你一封都没回
and you've not replied to any of them.
我不想吃早饭了 上班要迟到了
I don't want any breakfast- - I'll be late for work.
丽兹 从威灵顿督查走了之后
Lizzie, you've not spoken of Inspector Wellington
你就没跟他说过话
since he's been gone.
也许这样做能让你心里舒服些
Perhaps it might help to do so.
你很明显在生他的气 也很难过
You're clearly upset and angry with him.
我不难过也没生气
I'm not upset, nor am I angry.
我好得不得了
I'm absolutely fine.
如果我们在一起
WILLIAM: If we are to be together,
那我就不能留在苏格兰场了
then I cannot remain at Scotland Yard
因为你是一个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
with you a private detective,
我也不能再陪在你身边 却
nor can I be around you anymore without...
却没有和你在一起
Without being with you.
有事
Yes.
抱歉打扰了
Uh, sorry to disturb,
但是纳什先生希望你能立刻去见他
but Mr. Nash would like you to meet him right away.
见他干嘛
What for?
去见一个新客户
To meet a new client.
什么新客户
What new client?
帕特里克
Patrick.
伊莱沙
Eliza.
这是什么地方
What is this place?
这个是未来
This...is the future.
前台 请问您需要什么
Reception- - may I help you?
前台吗 -是的先生
MAN: Reception? Yes, sir.
找布雷斯维尔先生 -没问题
MAN: Mr. Bracewell. CLERK: Certainly, sir.
你了解电♥话♥吗 -不太了解
Do you know much about the telephone? Not much.
我知道它是由亚历山大·格雷厄姆·贝尔在1875年发明的
I know it was invented in 1875 by Alexander Graham Bell.
当然 关于是谁首先提出
There were, of course, counterclaims
这项创新的 也有其它不同说法
as to who first came up with the innovation,
但贝尔是第一个申请专利的人
but Bell was the first to patent it.
九年过去了
Nine years on, it's really only the preserve
考虑到安装和运行的成本
of the rich and the privileged,
它实际上只是富人和特权阶层的专利
given how costly it is to install and run.
尽管今年已经在各种公共场所
Although this year has seen telephone stations
安装了电♥话♥站
installed in various public places.
商店 电报局
Shops, telegraph offices.
回答是或者不是就够了
A yes or no would have sufficed.
正如你所说 普通人也更容易接触到它了
As you say, it's being made more accessible to ordinary folk.
这是新的淘金热
It's the new gold rush.
这个地方就处于最前沿
This place is at the forefront.
所以我们为什么来这
So, why are we here?
不列颠尼亚的所有者
The owner of Britannia wants us
希望我们帮忙否认一些糟糕的宣传
to negate some rather bad publicity.
是 布雷斯维尔先生
CLERK: Yes, Mr. Bracewell.
布雷斯维尔先生可以见你们了
Mr. Bracewell will see you now.
令人惊叹呢
ELIZA: Extraordinary.
可不是
It certainly is.
不列颠尼亚有一个工程车间
NASH: Britannia have an engineering workshop
他们在那里设计改进产品的新方法
where they design new ways to improve their product.
两天前 因为煤气爆♥炸♥而被摧毁
Two days ago, it was destroyed by a gas explosion.
死了两个人 一个年轻的发明家阿尔弗莱德·贝克
Two men were killed: a young inventor named Alfred Baker
和一个公♥司♥的联合创始人 乔治·戴维森
and the co- founder of the company, George Davidson.
所以是出现了煤气泄漏
So there was a gas leak.
根据报纸
According to the newspapers,
警方认为戴维森点燃烟斗
the police think Davidson lighting his pipe
是导致爆♥炸♥的原因
is what ignited the explosion.
但是煤气泄漏
But as for the gas leak,
看起来好像是有人故意破坏的
it seems someone tampered with the supply.
警方认为这个人
And the police believe that this someone
就是不列颠尼亚内部的人
works here at Britannia.
不是随便什么人
Not just someone.
而是我们的新客户 约瑟夫·布雷斯维尔
Our new client, Joseph Bracewell.
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表