剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
And as for the carriage, well, it was all bent and buckled.
可怜的老萨姆森 他 他只能被人道毁灭了
Poor old Samson, he had, he had to be destroyed.
那时候起我就决定 再也不能为他工作了
That's when I knew I couldn't work for him no longer.
你觉得他驾着马车撞到什么东西了吗
You believe he hit something with the carriage?
或者是什么人
Or someone.
你说是几周前
You say this was a few weeks ago.
具体什么时候
When, exactly?
你到底在干什么啊
What on Earth are you doing?
别担心 我 我会收拾好的
Don't worry, I'lI, I'II clean it up.
那是必须的啊 女士
You most certainly will, young lady.
你到底在干嘛
What are you doing?
我在找父亲的旧报纸
I was looking for Father's old newspapers.
他通常会保存一个月的报纸
He usually keeps them for at least a month.
他说这些都是宝贵的参考资料
He says they are an invaluable source of reference.
而且你知道吗 很多罪行
And did you know, many crimes
在报♥警♥之前会先告诉给记者
are reported to journalists before the police?
你又知道吗 自己头发上
Do you know that you've a piece
粘了块发霉的面包
of moldy bread in your hair?
我整个家都翻过了
I've searched the house
可是完全找不到任何旧报纸
and couldn't find any old papers anywhere.
我在想是不是都被丢掉了
I wondered if perhaps they'd been thrown out.
我跟他说要留就放在警局
Well, I told him to keep them at work.
我受够了一堆破报纸堆在家里占地方了
I got fed up with them cluttering up the place.
我会让托马斯·哈珀·琼斯前来做讯问
I'lI ask Thomas Harper Jones to come in for an interview.
他可能已经采取措施来堆砌自己的不在场证明了
He's probably taken steps to shore up his alibi,
但谎言越多 漏洞也就越多
but the more lies there are, the more cracks can appear.
你觉得他和死去的沃利斯先生
What do you think the connection is
有什么关系呢
to the dead Mr. Wallis?
不确定 我需要你一份完整的供词
I'm not sure- I'll need a full statement from you,
把你看到的一切都说出来
outlining everything you saw.
什么鬼
What on Earth...?
她又做了什么啊
What has she done now?
怎么了
What is it?
来这跟我碰头 丽兹
"Meet me here. Lizzie. "
具体是哪
Where, exactly?
到了
DRIVER: Whoa! Here we go.
把我们叫到这来你最好有足够的理由
There'd better be a damn good reason for this.
当然有 我保证
There is, I assure you.
萨玛里斯先生和太太
Mr. and Mrs. Samaris
是从塞浦路斯来的
are originally from the island of Cyprus.
萨玛里斯先生不会说英文
Mr. Samaris doesn't speak any English,
但是他妻子英文很好
but his wife has been good enough
可以帮我们进行翻译
to translate our conversation.
几周前 萨玛里斯先生下班回家
A few weeks ago, Mr. Samaris was on his way back from work
结果在大街上被一辆马车撞倒
when he was hit by a horse and carriage in the street.
当时天色已晚 没有其他人 马车也没停
It was late, no one was around, and the carriage didn't stop.
警♥察♥找不到车夫
The police were unable to find the driver,
你们从我留在桌上的报纸
as you'll have read in the newspaper article
应该也看到了
I left on your desk.
他瘸了
MRS. SAMARIS: He is crippled.
所以我们才去找私♥家♥侦♥探♥
That is why we went to the detective.
亚瑟·沃利斯吗
Arthur Wallis?
没错
Hm. Exactly.
沃利斯先生人很好 没收他的初始费用
Mr. Wallis was kind enough to waive his initial fee.
而且说只有在罪犯被绳之以法的情况下
Payment would be made only
才会收他们的钱
if the culprit was brought to justice.
你丈夫看到了驾车的人吗
And did your husband see the man that was driving that carriage?
是的
MRS. SAMARIS: Yes.
他把外貌描述给警♥察♥了
He gave a description to the police,
但他们什么都没有做
but they didn't do anything.
他说 就是照片里的那个人
He says, "This is the man in the photograph. "
这张照片 -对
This photograph. MR. SAMARIS: Yeah.
就是托马斯·哈珀·琼斯
Of Thomas Harper Jones.
而且我认为
And it is my belief
沃利斯先生找到了哈珀·琼斯 并且跟他当面对质了
that Mr. Wallis found Harper Jones and confronted him
同时威胁他要把这事告诉警♥察♥
with the threat of reporting him to the police.
而这
And that...
就是为什么哈珀·琼斯杀了他
...is why Harper Jones murdered him.
我聪明的女儿
My clever girl.
他要收我5基尼
THOMAS: Five guineas he tried to charge me.
于是我对他说
So I said to him,
你知道我的家族背景吗
"Do you have any idea who my family is? "
他就闭嘴了
Well, that shut him up.
托马斯·哈珀·琼斯
Thomas Harper Jones?
又干嘛
What is it now?
我还有几个问题要问你
I have a few more questions for you.
现在我不方便
Well, it's not a convenient time.
我不是在请求你
This is not a request.
你的证词写完了吗
Have you finished your witness statement?
正在检查拼写错误
Just checking for spelling mistakes.
真希望你写学校作业时也能这么投入
I wish you'd been this dedicated to your schoolwork.
我们搜查了哈珀·琼斯梅菲尔的住♥宅♥
So, we searched the Harper Jones Mayfair residence.
在那里发现了亚瑟·沃利斯
He had the Samaris case file
正在调查的萨玛里斯先生一案的档案
that Arthur Wallis was working on.
在里面 他称哈珀·琼斯为嫌疑人
In it, he names Harper Jones as a suspect, so,
再加上威廉姆的目击证词
that, combined with William's eyewitness account,
也许足够提起诉讼了
may be enough to secure a conviction.
也许吗
May be?
他肯定会出钱请最好的律师
He'll have the best lawyers money can buy.
没办法保证结果
Nothing's guaranteed.
那现在怎么办
So...What now?
我们会走指认嫌疑人流程
Well, we'll arrange a line- up of suspects.
然后让威廉确认 -不是 我是说
I'lI ask William to formally...No, I mean,
我现在怎么办
what now for me?
这件事证明了我的能力吧
Surely this proves where my abilities lie.
我从未 一刻都没有怀疑过你的能力 丽兹
Never, not for one moment, did I doubt your ability, Lizzie.
你坚韧不拔
You are tenacious
足智多谋
and resourceful, and every bit
和这里的任何男人一样能干
as capable as any man here.
但你的想法不变
But your opinion remains unchanged.
我的想法并不重要
My opinion doesn't matter.
问题是整个世界的想法
It's the rest of the world that's the problem.
谁知道未来会发生什么变化呢
Who knows what will happen in the future?
但是就目前来看
But, for now
这不是我能走的路
This is not the path that I can follow.
非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
早上好
Good morning.
威廉 早上好
William, good morning.
我听说你要回学院去了
I heard you were going back to college.
我就想过来跟你告个别
I thought I'd come and say goodbye.
他们答应给我第二次机会
They've agreed to give me a second chance.
其实已经是第三次了
Third, actually.
我想找几本书带上
I was just looking for some books to take,
结果却找到了这个
but I found this instead.
我不知道你养狗了呢
Hm, I didn't know you had a dog.
不在了 他死了
Not anymore- - he died.
你不介意我继续打包行李吧
Do you mind if I carry on packing?
我还要赶火车
I have a train to catch.
不介意 你继续
No, no, carry on.
我听说你找到地方住了
So, I hear you found somewhere to live.
嗯 是在斯特普尼的一个招待所
Hm, it's a lodging house in...Stepney?
你父亲帮我付了头个月的租金
Your father paid the first month's rent.
我 我说等我有钱就还他
I, I said I'd pay him back when I can.
希望不会太久
Shouldn't be too long, hopefully.
今天下午我就要去见
I've got a meeting with the recruiting sergeant
招募巡佐了
this afternoon.
招募巡佐
The recruiting sergeant?
对 我想加入警队
I'm thinking about joining the police.
你父亲帮我说了好话
Your father said he'd put in a word for me.
你要加入警队
You're joining the police?
我还不知道自己要不要加入
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表