我告诉他们我是从《人物》杂♥志♥上
Everything I told them about the winning the ticket
得到中奖券的"
on that 'People' magazine."
"然后我告诉他们我都干了什么"
"And I was telling them, 'I did this, and I did that.'"
与此同时 我打给了道格·马修斯
And at the very same time, I'm on my cell phone talking to Doug Mathews
跟他说 "快听听这个"
and telling him, "Listen to this."
对我来说 这通电♥话♥就像是
The feeling from him on the phone call was,
"兄弟 我把他们骗了 他们信了"
"Man, I got them snowed, they bel--"
这种感觉简直就是...
you know, it was that-it was that--
简直完美
I mean, it was perfect.
正是你在调查的
It's exactly what you're after.
他说 "兄弟 你不会相信的
He's talking, "Man, you're not gonna believe it.
这个导演问我要给船起个什么名字
This director asked about the name of my boat
我说 无♥耻♥之徒"
and I said, 'Ruthless Scoundrel.'"
然后他们笑了半天
And they're just laughing on the phone,
对他们来说这很好笑 因为他们知道
how much--how funny that was to them because they knew
他们撒了谎 从麦当劳里偷了钱
they had lied and had stolen this money from McDonald's.
从那通电♥话♥中 他的言行有力地证实了
In that call, effectively what he's doing is confirming
他并没有"赢"奖 毋庸置疑
beyond any doubt that, you know, he didn't win it.
这个信息太关键了
It just doesn't get any better than that.
可以击掌庆贺了
It's like high fives.
这就是窃听的原因
That was why you get up on these wiretaps.
我们能听到他们是怎么做到的
So we're hearing how they did it.
当时 我们并不知道此案牵连之广
At the time, we didn't know how big this was.
我们只窥到了一角 未见全局
We knew of some, but we didn't know it all.
我们所知之浅显 令我讶异
It was amazing to me how little we did know.
杰瑞叔叔
安德鲁·格隆布
迈克尔·胡佛
一切就像蜘蛛网一样 我们知道这位杰瑞叔叔
The spider web of all-like, we had this Uncle Jerry.
一切都很笼统 模糊不清
Everything was very general, nebulous.
你要记住 我们当时还不知道
We still didn't know, you got to remember, like,
这位名叫"杰瑞"的人是谁
we still didn't know who this Jerry person was,
迈克尔·胡佛
安德鲁·格隆布
杰瑞叔叔
这位"杰瑞"是否真实存在
if there even was a Jerry.
所以所有的新探员都在做窃听工作
So all of the newer agents, we were on the wiretaps
想找出这个诡计的更多信息
to find out more about the depths of this scheme.
当时我还是新人
Back then I was a new agent,
我加入后的第一项任务
and my first assignment when I was brought in
蒂莫西·亚当斯联邦调查局特别探员
就是做窃听工作
was to work the wire.
《监听法》调查必须全天候执行
The Title III has to be monitored full-time, 24/7.
听到电♥话♥响 就要拿起耳机
You hear the phone call, you grab your headset,
戴上 监听电♥话♥内容
you put it on, you listen to the call.
我们在监控室监听
We're listening in the wire room
电♥话♥中不断提到
and I'm hearing, you know,
"杰瑞叔叔"这个名字
the name Uncle Jerry thrown around on the phone.
"杰瑞叔叔 杰瑞叔叔
"Uncle Jerry, Uncle Jerry.
你不想惹杰瑞叔叔生气"
You don't wanna make Uncle Jerry upset."
我清楚地记得那种感觉
Well, I do remember clearly feeling like
仿佛身在纽约 监听一个黑♥手♥党♥
I was in New York and I was listening to a mobster
谈论自己帮派帝国的生意
talking about running his mafia empire,
他们谈论的语气就像黑♥手♥党♥头目一样
some mafia don, 'cause that's kind of how this guy came off.
杰瑞叔叔
我们必须找到杰瑞叔叔
So we had to find Uncle Jerry.
可是怎么找呢
I mean, how do you do that?
杰瑞叔叔
迈克尔·胡佛
安德鲁·格隆布
我们分♥析♥了以往中奖者的通话记录
We did an analysis of phone records from past winners.
查找共同的电♥话♥号♥码
You look for that common number.
我们知道他们的中奖时间 年份
We knew when they won the prizes, what year,
基本上能准确到具体月份 所以我想
and we could probably cord it off to a month, so I think--
查看前后两个月的记录
I think we backed up two and went forward two.
我们调出了这段时间呼入呼出的
And we went and pulled the phone numbers coming in
电♥话♥号♥码记录
and going out for this period of time.
最后发现 每个电♥话♥都曾打给
Lo and behold, each of their phone numbers
一个相同的号♥码
were calling common numbers.
我们发现 在颁奖或领奖之前
We saw the activity heavy coming in right before
双方通话尤为频繁
the prize was awarded or claimed,
刚领奖后也一样 之后就中断了
and then heavy right after it, and then nothing.
这些人彼此毫无关系
And then none of them were related;
他们互不认识
they didn't know each other.
但都打过这个号♥码
All were hitting that number.
所有这些通话都涉及一个人
All these phone calls include one person...
杰罗姆·雅各布森
Jerome Jacobson.
又名...
Also known as...
杰瑞·雅各布森
Jerry Jacobson.
西蒙营销的安全主管
The absolute head of security for Simon Marketing.
有大量的人都想要参与
There was a wide net of individuals who were willing
这桩诈骗计划
to participate in this fraud scheme.
此案涉及面广 发展迅速
It got really big, really fast.
有一个很恼人的问题
There was one nagging question mark...
杰瑞叔叔
谁是杰瑞叔叔
Who is Uncle Jerry?
麦百万下集预告
我们收集了许多有力证据
We were racking up incredible evidence
发现了新的涉案人员
and discovering new people.
我们发现还有另一位杰瑞参与其中
We found out that there was another Jerry involved in this.
是他把这个小把戏
He took this little, small operation,
运作成了大阴谋
and made it huge.
我一拿到那张支票 情况就变了
As soon as I got that check, things changed.
"你和我们在一条船上 你要按我们说的做
"You gonna ride with us, and you gonna do what we say.
而且不要出差错"
And you gonna do it right."
我不是个傻子 但确实做过傻事
I'm not a dumb person, but I did a dumb thing.
没有人能看着镜子里的自己发誓
No one can stand in front of a mirror and say
说他从没做过...
they've never done something...
令自己后悔的事
that they wish they could take back.
我会老实摊牌 说出一切
I'mma lay all my cards on the table and tell everything.
我们只能从碎片中拼凑答案
We were just building the puzzle from all the pieces.
我们开始搜寻其他的中间人
We started finding other middle-men.
金额太大 你忍♥不住去分一杯羹
The money got too big to not take a bigger piece of that pie.
这是他摆脱这一切的好机会
It could've been a possible hit to get him out of the situation.
一小滴泪水从我脸上滑下来
A little teardrop came down my face.
我当时想 "我永远摆脱不掉了"
I thought, "I'm never gonna get out of this."
麦百万