I-- I believed...
杰纳罗肯定欠了杰瑞叔叔的钱
that Gennaro owed Uncle Jerry money.
我认为 金额太大了
I believe the money got too big
以至于他会想要更多
to not take a bigger piece of that pie.
因为人花钱只会越来越大手大脚
Because the spending habits became bigger and grander.
所以我想 "好吧
And I'm thinking, "Okay,
所以我才拿不到属于我的钱"
that's why I'm not getting my money."
我在想 当地的银行能不能有这笔钱
I'm wondering if the local banks will have the money...
毕竟这是个小镇
You know, it's a small town.
-这镇子很可爱 -确实
- It's a cute town. - It really is.
简·加文前联邦调查局摄影师
-这个小镇很棒 -我爱这里
- It's a great little town. - I love it!
仿佛生活在六十年代
It's like living in the '60s.
你可以随便去问
You could ask any number of people,
什么原因驱使你这么做的
what would drive you to do what these people did?
我记得揭开的第一张贴纸
And the first one I peeled off, I believe,
是宾夕法尼亚大道 揭开的第二张
was Pennsylvania Avenue, and the second one I peeled off
就是100万美元即时大奖
was $1 million instant prize winner
我当时想 "天哪 这是真的吗"
and it was like, "Wow, is this for real?"
这事的本质是盗窃 通过一定的手段
A lot of this is stealing money, using a device to do it
道格·马修斯联邦调查局特别探员
把人诱骗进来
tricking somebody into it.
更多的人一起做 这就是"共谋"
And then two or more do that, that's the "conspiracy".
德弗罗听到我这么说会很高兴的
Devereaux's gonna be so happy I said that.
但不只是这样
But it's more than that.
-早餐三明治吗 -对 就是那个
- Breakfast sandwich? - Yeah, that's what it was.
早餐三明治 一个早餐三明治
A breakfast sandwich, a breakfast sandwich.
他们中有许多好人
A lot of 'em are good people,
但做了坏的决定
they make bad decisions,
他们有可能遇到了财务问题
whether it be they have fallen into a financial problem
珍妮特·佩利乔蒂前联邦调查局特别探员
听说有个好办法能解决
and they hear a nice way to get out of it.
这就构成了动机
That's your motivation. "Okay.
"我愿意入伙 毕竟我需要钱
"I'm gonna do it because, you know, I need money to--
给孩子治病 送孩子上学 或者我要退休了"
for my kid's health or school or I'm gonna retire."
人性
Human nature
驱使我们做出不同的事
makes us do different things.
人们总想为自己的所作所为找借口
People want to justify what they did
马克·德弗罗助理联邦检察官
声称有正当的理由
or why they did it
好让自己的良心过得去
so they can really live with themselves.
看这个节目的每一个人
Everyone, everyone watching this show
没有一个能站在镜子面前
cannot stand in front of a mirror,
直视自己的双眼
look at themselves in the eyes
说他从没做过错误的
and say they've never done something that they wish
令自己后悔的事
they could correct and take back.
几年后 有家公♥司♥
A couple of years later, I had this company that was
不停地给我打电♥话♥
calling me on a regular basis trying to
让我去参加一个旅行
get me to come on this trip.
我非常不愿意
I was very reluctant,
但他们不停地说 这是为所有中奖者准备的
but they kept saying it was for all the winners.
他们想知道我们在哪里
They wanna find out where we are now,
在做什么 就是后续随访
what we're doing, you know, just a follow-up.
三叶草制片公♥司♥
欢迎你
许多事情我都想屏蔽
A lot of this stuff I just wanted to block out
我都想忘记
and just forget it
然后有说有笑地走进去
and you just kind of went in and laughed and talked,
只是为了让自己舒服一点
and, you know, it just-- try to make me feel comfortable,
但从始至终我就没好受过
but I never felt comfortable about this whole thing.
我们想让你...
Um, basically, what I'd like you to do...
有人问了一个这方面的问题
Somebody asking me a question from over on this side,
有人问了一个这方面的问题
somebody asking me a question from over on this side--
那时候我意识到有点不对
that's when I knew that something wasn't right.
我决定要假装胃痛
I was about to get sick to the stomach
因为我知道他们要问什么 我要缩短采访时间
because I knew... and I was trying to cut 'em short,
但他们还在不停地问我问题
and they wouldn't-- they wouldn't stop asking me questions.
所以 你何时决定
Um... so did you-- when did you
搬回杰克逊维尔
decide to move back to Jacksonville?
我感觉他们在审问我
I felt like an interrogation went on because when I came--
因为从一到这里 我就感觉
when I was in there, I was like,
我的肾上腺素在激增
I could feelmy adrenaline building a little bit because
因为我知道他们不只是在问我问题
I knew that it was... that they wasn't asking me questions.
他们问的问题
The questions they was asking me was to just
只是想把钱的去处记录在案
get it on record, how I spent the money.
我感受到了
But I felt it.
感觉还有什么别的事
That feeling is something else.
我们来彩排一次吧
Okay, let's-- let's rehearse it, okay?
这次你对着镜头说
And this-- you talk to the camera.
没问题
Okay, okay.
你可以慢慢说
You can do it slow,
因为这只是排练
because this is like a rehearsal--
你觉得这次卧底行动有趣吗
可能喜欢过
It-- it might have been, um,
但你要做的是剥夺他人的自♥由♥
but you're about to deprive someone of their freedom,
他们的未来
you know, their future,
甚至是他们的一切
everything from family...
这对我们来说很无趣
It's not meant to be that kind of fun for us at all.
对所有人来说 剥夺他人的自♥由♥都很无趣
It's not fun at all to deprive liberty to someone.
从屋里出来的时候
We just walked out of there,
我感觉自己都麻木了
and I was kind of numb walking out the door,
"就这样了
like, "Oh, this is it.
有事情要发生了"
Something is gonna happen from this."
小绒兔的事过去不久
It wasn't much longer after the Fuzzy Bunny situation
我变得十分消沉
I got real depressed.
不吃饭 心烦意乱
I didn't eat. I was just so distraught.
然后我变得气愤
Then I got mad.
我看着他
I looked over at him,
跟他说了杰瑞叔叔的事
you know, I told him about Uncle Jerry.
我说 "你知道他向我求婚了吗"
I said, "You know he asked me to marry him?"
这话一说出口
As soon as I said the words,
我感到很抱歉
I was sorry,
因为我能看出来他当真了
'cause I could tell it was a real thing.
一开始我只是想给他设个套
'Cause at first I thought, this could be a setup, you know,
或许他们只想知道我是否忠诚
maybe they're trying to find out my loyalty
但这个套没设好
and it wasn't a setup.
他去把杰瑞叔叔骂了一顿
And so he went and cussed Uncle Jerry out.
第二天 我们在开车
The next day, we're driving down the road.
杰瑞坐在副驾
Jerry's in the passenger seat,
我在开车 弗兰基在后座上哭
I'm driving, Frankie's crying in the car seat.
比起我来 这更能让杰瑞心烦
It's bothering Jerry more than it is me.
我们吵了起来
And we got in an argument.
他说 "罗宾 我要把他放平
And so he says, "Rob, I gotta put him down,
把他放躺下 别让他再哭了"
lay him down. It's enough."
他把孩子从儿童座椅上抱起来
And so he took him out of his car seat,
我就想 "天啊 算了吧杰瑞"
and I'm like, "God, Jerry, come on."
一滴泪从我脸上滑落
And a little teardrop came down my face and I thought,
"我永远也摆脱不了这一切了"
you know, "I'm never gonna get out of this."
他不是那种善良可爱的小老头
He is not some sweet little old man.
他就是个浑球
He's a freakin' gangster.
我不确定这是不是一起真实的事故
I was not sure if the accident was an accident.
这可能是故意相撞 事情越来越丑陋了
It could've been a possible hit. Things were getting really ugly.
最终答案行动进展得很快
Operation final answer was moving fast.
一切都浮出了水面
Everything was on the table.
我们想 "这张交易网到底有多大"
We thought, "well, how much bigger can this get?"
可能会越变越大
And it would get bigger.
"最早能追溯到多久以前"
"How much further back could it go?"
要往回追溯
And it would go back further.
我此生最大的遗憾之一就是
One of my biggest regrets
参与了麦当劳大富翁计划
is being involved in this McDonald's thing.
如果一件事做上千万遍
If you can get away with something over and over, and over...
总有一次会被抓住
You only gotta be caught once.
麦百万