我在楼上的卧室里
I was upstairs in my bedroom,
我父亲给我打电♥话♥
and my father called me
罗宾·科洛博杰瑞·科洛博的妻子
我们没什么话可说
and there wasn't many words exchanged.
他只说 "我想要那个大奖"
He just said, "I want the big one,"
我知道他说的是什么
so I knew what it meant.
他确实得到了100万美金的贴纸
He did get one of the $1 million tickets
在那之前他从没犯过法
and he had never broken a law in his entire life.
詹尼弗·埃思里奇罗宾的女儿
我外公定了一条规矩
One stipulation that my grandfather made,
他说 "如果我拿到了贴纸
um, he says, "Okay, If I-- if I get this ticket,
我不会接广♥告♥采访"
I do not--I'm--I'm not doing a commercial."
但我记得我们会接到电♥话♥
But I remember we would be getting phone calls,
他们找我外公
and they would talk to my grandfather
说 "我们想召集所有
and say, "Hey, we're trying to get all of the, um--
大富翁中奖者 举办一场聚会"
the Monopoly winners together for some kind of reunion,"
诸如此类的话
or something like that.
是拉斯维加斯
I wanna say it was Vegas,
所以他去了
so he did make that trip.
你的妻子或其他家庭成员
Now, had your wife or anyone in your whole family
以前有没有中过这种奖
ever won anything like that before?
-没有 -从来没有吗
- No, no. - Never?
-没有 -所以这是件大事
- Nothing. - So this was big.
非常巨大
It--huge.
所以你是家里最幸运的人 对吧
So you're the luckiest one in your family, huh?
是的
Yes, yes.
你的孩子或孙子玩过大富翁吗
So has any of your kids or grandkids played Monopoly
他们也想中奖吗
or tried to win or anything like that?
玩 我们现在也玩
Yes, yes, and we still do.
-真好 -我们现在也玩
- Oh, good. - And we still do, yes.
他们有人中过车子或者...
Have any of them won any cars or--
没有
No.
我之前中过一个芝士汉堡
I think I won a cheeseburger.
如果我告诉你
他接受了采访
还参加了聚会 你会惊讶吗
你说他接受了采访吗
You s--he did do one?
我都不知道
I did not know that.
好吧 确实很惊讶
Oh. Okay, yeah.
我不知道他接受了采访
I di--I did not know that.
就在这附近吗
Is that around?
这些人都很贪婪 对我们来说很好
You know, the greed was crazy here, which is great for us.
佛罗里达州好莱坞
一天晚上 杰瑞和我
One night Jerry and I
带着我们的妻子一起去吃晚饭
were out with our wives to dinner
我们一起去了男厕所
and we went to the men's room together.
听上去很奇怪 但我们一起去了男厕所
That sounds horrible but we went to the men's room together
杰瑞给了我一张100万的贴纸
and Jerry gave me a $1 million ticket.
这是给你的
This is for you.
我告诉他 "我不想被牵扯进来 真的不想"
And I told him, "I don't wanna be involved. I really don't."
除了一张25000美金的贴纸 我没有兑现其他的
I--I had not cashed in anything but a $25,000 ticket.
马文·布劳恩杰瑞·雅各布森的继兄
我和他说了 我不需要这100万
I told him I didn't need the $1 million.
我跟他说我不参与
I told him I was out of it.
我说 "杰瑞 你知道吗
I said, "Jerry, you know what?
我不知道你和那帮人在干什么
I don't know what you did with these guys,
你们赚了多少钱 我什么都不知道
How much you made, or anything else.
但终究有天会出事
There's a time and there's a place.
停手吧" 还有其他类似的话
Stop," And everything else.
他说 "这张贴纸你拿着吧"
He said, "Well, just do something with the ticket."
于是我接过贴纸 冲进了厕所
So I took the ticket and I flushed it down the toilet.
你当着他的面把贴纸冲进厕所 他什么反应
没什么 没反应
Didn't--nothing. Zero.
你把100万美金冲进厕所 他一点反应都没有吗
我也没有啊 这怎么了
I didn't, either. How's that?
怎么了吗 我也没反应
Yeah, how's that? I didn't either.
没有
No.
我知道我做的是对的
I knew I was doing the right thing.
杰瑞告诉我一切都结束了 就这样
And Jerry had told me it was over and that was it.
我告诉你
I'm telling you,
我把贴纸冲进马桶的那晚
the night I flushed that ticket down the toilet,
我以为结束了
I thought it was over.
我以为结束了
I thought it was over.
我对天发誓
I swear to you on everything holy,
我以为结束了
I thought it was over.
我如果怀疑他偷拿贴纸
If I even suspected he was taking tickets,
我会立刻告发他
I would have told on him in a heartbeat,
他也知道这一点
and he knew it.
可能这就是他不告诉我的原因吧
And I think that's why I didn't know it.
玛莎·德比希尔杰瑞·雅各布森的前妻
所以我没得到贴纸
I--I bet that's why I didn't get a ticket.
杰瑞得了格林-巴利综合征后
After Jerry got sick with this Guillain-Barré syndrome,
他变得不太一样了
there was something different in him.
虽然他的身体正在恢复
Even though he was well on the road to mending,
但之后也可能复发
he could have repercussions later on
他可能残疾 卧床不起 甚至死亡
being crippled or bedridden or dead.
所以他那时也没什么可损失的
So he had nothing to lose at that point.
我的丈夫 杰瑞
My husband, Jerry,
我们的许多亲人都参与其中
we got a lot of my family members involved,
而且不止如此
and that isn't all.
我中奖的家人
My family members that won,
只是其中一小部分
that was just a little piece of the pie.
著名黑帮教头 在1920年美国通过"禁酒令"后制贩私酒大发横财
阿尔·卡彭贩卖♥♥私酒
You had Al Capone with the prohibition.
《财富》杂♥志♥评选出的"全美50大黑道大哥"之一
其汽油生意周营业额高达600至800万美元
迈克·弗兰泽斯掌控汽油
You had Mike Franzese with the gas,
现在又有这个大富翁
and then now you have this-- the Monopoly.
绝对称得上黑帮迄今为止
That's really the highest three moneymakers
最会赚钱的三个人
of the mob so far.
我丈夫决定中奖者
My husband picked the winners.
他带着贴纸到处飞
He had tickets. He flew everywhere.
我觉得杰瑞叔叔可能都有点妒忌他
I think Uncle Jerry may have even got a little jealous.
能说一下是谁吗 两个杰瑞有点...
"杰瑞叔叔"是杰罗姆·雅各布森
"Uncle Jerry" is Jerome Jacobson.
杰瑞是我丈夫 杰瑞·科洛博
And Jerry is my husband, Jerry Colombo.
雅各布森被称为杰瑞叔叔
Jacobson became Uncle Jerry
是因为意大利人的传统
because that's an Italian thing.
我丈夫这样称呼他 以示尊敬
My husband gave him that out of respect.
如果你在这个假日季
If your general opinion of mankind
对人性略感失望的话
is running kind of low this holiday season,
下面这个故事一定会让你
here's a story that might make you feel much,
对人类充满信心
much better about the human race.
孟菲斯市的圣裘德儿童研究医院
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
收到了一份非同寻常的礼物
in Memphis has received a very unusual gift.
你记得是谁把中奖贴纸给圣裘德儿童医院的吗
记得 是杰瑞叔叔
Yeah, that's--that's Uncle Jerry.
医院员工把这称为天使的礼物
Hospital officials are calling this a gift from an angel
这才是这个季节代表的精神
in the true spirit of the season.
真是开心的一天
This is a happy day. Whoo-hoo!
如果你在电视机前 能听到我的话
If you're out there and you hear me,
我们爱你
we love you.
我哥把这个小把戏运作成了大阴谋
My brother took this little, small operation and made it huge.
说白了 这是骗子的游戏
Literally, it was a monopoly of scams.
麦百万下集预告
中奖者满嘴谎言
The winners, they would just lie, lie, lie.
我们可以继续调查 不知道何时会碰壁
We can push, and you never know when you're gonna hit a wall.
有些事情没人知道
There was things that nobody knew.
我只能独自保守秘密
And I just kept it all to myself.
我当时想 "我永远摆脱不掉它了"
I thought, "I'm never gonna get out of this."
我差点慌了
I was about to panic.
除了走完整个过程 我别无选择
I had no other option but to take this process through.
金额太庞大了
The money got too big.
这是要付出代价的
With that comes a price.
麦百万