天哪 真的吗
Oh my god. Really?
二
And then two is...
太棒了
Sweet.
他想闯入虎穴
He wanted to be thrown into the lion's den,
如果不是特别探员主管认为他自己能安排好
and he wouldn't have gotten it if the SAC did not feel
他也不会有这个机会
he could handle himself.
他们安排了一些卧底探员
So they got some undercovers, you know,
装作拍摄团队
to act as a film crew.
我叫简·加文 我是摄像师
My name is Jan Garvin, and I was videographer.
简·加文前联邦调查局摄影师
我接到他的电♥话♥ 他是这么说的
When I answered his call, he said,
"你会喜欢这个的"
"You're gonna love this."
而不是 "你好 简 最近好吗
Not, "Hey, Jan, how's it going?
我们一起... 有个旅行"
Let's go, you know-how was the trip?"
他说 "这个你会喜欢的"
You know, it was like, "You're gonna love this."
他解释完之后 我就感觉...
And after he explained what it was, it was like...
好 我们可以干
Ok, we can do this.
没错
And Yeah...
我会喜欢的
I'm gonna love it.
我们得装配好
We needed to put together
这样看上去像个正规的制♥作♥公♥司♥
what appears to be a legitimate production company.
一名摄像师 一名录音师
A video person, an audio person,
一位导演和一位采访者
a director and a-an interviewer.
我说 "我需要几个人装作
I go, "Yeah, I need one just to act like
自己是个灯光师之类的
they're the lighting person or whatever.
不要让别人看出你是探员
Nobody needs to see that you're Bureau, right?
所以给我派一些聪明的人
So give me somebody that's not stupid,
因为我们也不知道会遇到什么事 对吧
'cause, you know, we don't know jack, right?"
我心里只是想着 走上舞台
In my mind I just thought, you know, just get on the stage
一切都会顺利的 车到山前必有路
and everything will be fine; you'll just roll right through.
无论哪家制♥作♥公♥司♥
With any production company
无论哪次优秀的卧底行动
and any good undercover operation,
都需要一个好名字 在这个案子里
you need a good name and in this case,
我们想到的是三叶草制片公♥司♥
we came up with Shamrock Productions.
三叶草制片公♥司♥
这个名字很不错 但我更喜欢口号♥
Which is good, but I always liked the byline,
"因为你只是幸运"
"'Cause you're just lucky."
这个很不错
That was--that was good.
联邦调查局佛罗里达中区分局
我们考虑过参与这次卧底行动的人员
We thought about having everybody
都选用联调局的人
in this undercover operation be FBI personnel.
他们也用合法手段尝试过
They legitimately tried to make that happen.
只是要想执行这个计划
It just--the way that this scenario had to run,
需要有在麦当劳工作背景的
you needed somebody inside McDonald's
麦当劳内部人员
with that background.
这个很难假装
That would be hard to fake.
我叫艾米·默里
My name's Amy Murray.
我在麦当劳工作了22年
I've been with McDonald's for 22 years.
联调局的调查是在17年前
The FBI investigation happened 17 years ago,
我已经好多年没和他们联♥系♥了
and it's been years since I've talked to anyone,
艾米·默里麦当劳全球营销部高级主管
其实我不怎么说那件事
so, in fact, I don't really tell the story that much
因为
because, you know,
我要怎么跟别人说
how do you drop into conversation that
我参与了联调局的调查
you're part of an FBI investigation?
2001年时 我在通信部工作
Back in 2001, I was in the communications department.
我从事和大富翁游戏相关的工作只有半年时间
I had only been working on Monopoly and games for about six months.
我老板的老板叫我去他办公室 他说
My boss's boss called me into his office and he was like,
"艾米 联调局联♥系♥了我们
"Amy, the FBI has contacted us.
他们告诉我们 游戏贴纸被偷了
They've told us that the game pieces are being stolen
整个游戏可能被一帮犯罪团伙操纵了"
and that the entire game may be compromised by a criminal ring."
你能想象出来 我当时非常震惊
And if you can imagine, I was completely shocked.
我胃里一阵恶心
You know, I felt sick to my stomach.
破坏信任是很糟糕的
To break that trust was just devastating.
怎么会发生这种事
How could this possibly happen?
我开始回想从以前的
I started thinking back to all the answers
大富翁游戏得奖者嘴里听到的回答
that I've heard from Monopoly winners in the past,
他们的回答确实像照本宣科
and it did seem like they were almost scripted.
回头一看 我开始意识到
Hindsight's 20/20, and I started to realize
确实存在某种套路
that it did seem like there was a pattern.
我用了"套路"这个词 是因为
You know, I used that word, "pattern" and I think that
当时联调局的人说
was when the FBI really said,
"我们希望能直接和艾米谈
"It would be great to talk to Amy directly,
因为她和得奖者接触频繁"
since she has so much contact with the winners."
让一个平民参与卧底行动
For a civilian to participate in an undercover operation
并不常见 但原因很明显
doesn't happen much at all, for obvious reasons, right?
如果出了状况
It's--if something happens,
你希望他们能是专业人士
you want people who are professionals
因为专业人士习惯于处理这种情况
that are used to being in situations like that.
罗伯·霍尔姆麦当劳全球安全主管
我有点担心
I was a little concerned,
因为我想首先向确保
because I wanted to make sure that
她的生命安全
her safety and security was first and foremost.
他们说 "罗伯 别担心 她不会有事的"
They said, "Rob, don't worry. She will be safe."
我们不知道要做到什么程度
We really didn't know how far we would have to go
才能帮联调局取得证据
to help the FBI get evidence,
没错 会紧张
and yes, there were nerves involved,
我当时很紧张
and I was nervous.
但我豁出去了
But I was all-in.
我想尽快恢复正常
You know, I wanted to make it right as fast as possible.
所以我有时每天都会跟联调局沟通
So I would be talking to the FBI sometimes every day,
有时一天两次
sometimes twice a day.
大家很好奇 "是什么特殊项目"
People were intrigued, like, "What's this special project?"
我不能说 不能跟家人说
I just couldn't talk about this, not to my family,
不能跟闺密说
not to my closest friends,
甚至跟同事都不能说
not even to coworkers.
我们向麦当劳的一些人介绍了我们团队 仅此而已
We told a couple people in McDonald's and then our team; that's it.
因为我们还不清楚 要记着
'Cause we still didn't know, you gotta remember--
在这个调查中 我们还不清楚
like, this investigation-we still didn't know
有没有公♥司♥内部的人参与其中 这些人是谁
if anybody was infected through corporate, right, or who.
我们为三叶草制片公♥司♥安排了
So we set up a time for Shamrock Productions
去拜访胡佛先生的时间
to go up and visit Mr. Hoover.
水晶合声号♥
他已经与艾米联♥系♥了
He had already been in contact with Amy,
对于我们去拍商业推广片
and he was very amenable to us coming by
他很是配合
to film this commercial that we were putting together.
我永远也忘不了去机场
I'll never forget showing up at an airport,
一辆坐满了联调局探员的白色面包车停在那里
and a white van pulled up with all of the FBI agents
他们说 "你好 艾米"
and, you know, they're like, you know, "Hi, Amy."
他们向我做了介绍
And I was introduced to all of them.
我得告诉道格
You know, I really had to talk to Doug about,
"这是制片人要做的
"This is what a producer would do;
这是摄像师要做的"
this is what the cameraman would do."
我做好自己就行
And I was just playing myself.
我们第一次去的时候
So the first time we're going out there,
我穿了一件高尔夫衬衫
I think I had, like, a golf shirt on.
看起来好像刚打完九洞高尔夫一样
I looked like maybe I'd played nine holes or something like that.
艾米告诉我导演就是这样
That's what Amy told me what a director looks like--
长得就像刚从高尔夫球场出来一样
looks like somebody that's just come off the golf course.
我很兴奋
So I'm excited, right?
但我也有很多忧虑
But I have a lot of apprehension as well.
这是第一次卧底行动
It's the first one.
我希望能够天衣无缝
You want it to be seamless,
你不知道会发生什么
and you don't know what to expect.
作为一名探员 都想拿着枪
As an agent, you know, you wanna carry a gun
穿好防弹背心
and wear a bulletproof vest.
但在卧底行动这种情况下
But in a situation like this, an undercover operation,
这会让你很危险
that may be too much risk.
你可以戴着脚踝枪
You can wear an ankle holster and then, you know,
但等你坐到椅子上
and then you sit down in a chair,
就可能被人看到 所以...
and somebody sees it, so...
只能时刻提高警惕
You had that little extra antenna going up to make sure
确保自己的言行
you don't say anything or do anything