他说 "当然可以"
He goes, "Sure."
他当时底气十足
You know, he's feeding off the energy part.
不 我不能加以阻拦
No, I wasn't about to stop that.
这种状态很好 这次是实地考察
That was great. It's a field trip, right?
我接到电♥话♥ "你♥他♥妈♥在干什么"
I'm getting calls, "The fuck are you doing?"
"你为什么..."
"I mean, why are you--what?" This is, like,
"你在即兴发挥吗" 然后我说 "简"
"Are you adlibbing?" And I'd go, "Hey, Jan."
我的摄影师
My camera guy, right?
"你没问题吧"
"Can you get this?"
"当然没问题"
"Yeah, I can get it."
道格给我的印象是新生代的探员
Doug struck me as one of the new breed of agents
善于打破思维常规
who thinks outside the box, if you will.
但他一开始有点用力过猛了
But he was gung-ho from the get-go.
我在这里买♥♥了《人物》杂♥志♥
This is where I got the, uh, "People" Magazine.
在里面有大富翁游戏
And inside we had the Monopoly game
能赢取100万美元的即时大奖
with the instant $1 million winner,
这很棒 棒极了
and it was great; it's fantastic!
-很好 -好了
- Great! - Got it, okay.
他在告诉我们赢奖的过程 全是胡扯
He's telling us how he won the prize, all the BS.
他是从杂♥志♥上赢的奖
His was a magazine-type thing which,
当时我都不知道 我看过之后说
at the time I didn't even know. I'm looking over, I go,
"真的吗 我以为你是从包装盒上揭下来的"
"Really? I thought you got this off the packages."
然后艾米说 "你看过我发给你的东西了吗"
And Amy's like, "Did you read any of that shit I sent you?"
我说 "我当然看了"
Right, and I go, "Of course I did."
我可能一目十行
Which I may have glossed over.
然后我问 "你打算用这些钱干点什么"
So I go, "Hey, what'd you do with the money?"
为什么这么问 因为我要查封这些东西 对吧
Why? Because I want to go seize that stuff, right?
然后他说 "我要买♥♥艘船"
And he's like, "I'm buying a boat."
我问 "你想在船尾印上什么名字"
And so I go, "What name would you have on the back of your boat?"
他说 "无♥耻♥之徒"
And he was like, "Ruthless Scoundrel".
一 二 三
One, two, three!
谢谢麦当劳
Thanks, McDonald's.
我要重现当时的场景 所以我说
So I'm reenacting that, right, and I go,
"迈克尔 你当时在沙滩上吗"
"So, Michael, you were on the beach?"
"是的 就在这里 就是这片沙滩"
"Yes, and it's right here. It's this beach."
我说 "真的吗 带我们去看看"
And I go, "Really? Take us to it."
我不管这对摄像师来说意味着什么
And I didn't care what that meant to my camera guy, right?
他说 "你是在逗我吗
He's like, "Are you--fuck, are you kidding me?
我还得去沙滩上吗"
I gotta--the damn beach?"
在紧急关头 必须有人来战略支援
There's always somebody that could respond tactically, if needed.
但如果出现了偏差
But if something went south,
从出现偏差那一刻
between the time something went south
到支援赶到的这段时间里
and the time they got there...
别犯蠢
Don't do anything stupid.
道格 他是专业人员
Doug, you know, he was a professional,
艾米·默里麦当劳全球营销部高级主管
但他喜欢找乐子
but he also did like to have fun.
他喜欢戏弄我 让我随时保持警觉
So he loved to tease me and kept me on my toes.
这让我觉得很有趣
This is what makes my fun meter go.
艾米在后面说 "看看我穿的鞋"
Amy's back there going, "Look at these shoes I have,"
我才不会看她的鞋
and I'm not looking at shit like that.
我说 "把高跟鞋脱了
I mean, "Take your high heels
你为什么要穿高跟鞋呢"
why are you wearing high heels anyway?"
她说 "你是不是..."
And she's like, "Are you--"
她转而问我
you know, she was getting on to me about,
"你事先就不能好好规划吗"
"Hey, can you plan this better?"
但我又不知道会发生什么
But I didn't know.
他再讲一遍的话你能收到音吗
Can you get enough sound if he tells the story one more time?
你需要吗
You need it?
-我们可以试一下 -好的
- We could try it. - Okay.
有人认出你来了吗
Anybody noticing you yet?
没人
Not really.
不错
Good.
你得防着点有人过来抢支票
道格在房♥子里的时候
When Doug's at the house,
周围的情况是可控的
it was a controlled environment.
但在室外 没什么是可控的
When you're out in the real world, there's nothing controlled.
总会有些担心
You're always a little worried
此次行动和案件会被暴露
the operation and the case could be compromised.
我就是在这里弄丢了《人物》杂♥志♥
Uh, this is where I lost my "People" Magazine.
我很庆幸离开沙滩之后
I'm glad that after the beach I stopped
我又去买♥♥了一本 在新买♥♥的那本里
and picked up another one because when I did,
我发现了麦当劳的大富翁游戏
I found the McDonald's Monopoly Game,
赢得了100万即时大奖
$1 million instant prize winner.
很好 好了
Great. Okay, good.
很明显 这是道格第一次卧底行动
Obviously, you know, this was Doug's very first undercover,
所以你想控制住他 让他冷静下来
and so you'd wanna try to keep him under control, keep him sedated,
看得出来 这可是不容易
So to speak, they don't make it easy.
然后我想 "我得到了许多信息 够多了"
So I'm like, "Man, I got plenty. I got enough."
我能加点艺术手法吗 很快
Can I do a couple of artsy things, okay, real quick?
他站在那里微笑着
You know, he'd stand there smiling, and you know,
你拍摄特殊镜头的时候
you're doing all this artsy stuff,
有个小孩跑过来把支票抢走了
and then some kid ran up and grabbed the check.
抢了就跑
To run away with it.
我怎么能让他把我的证据抢走
Like, I'm gonna let this evidence just walk?
不可能
No way.
我就在沙滩上追他
And I'm trucking down the beach...
他大喊着 "伙计 那玩意是假的"
And it's like, "Dude, it's not real."
这是个坏消息
It was bad news.
当卧底的时候出现这种问题 可不是什么好事
That's not a good problem to have, being an undercover agent.
这家伙喝多了
And this guy is hammered.
幸运的是 他按照"之"字形跑 所以很容易抓到
Fortunately, he's running, like, in a zigzag, so it's easy to catch.
这个孩子 他嘴里满是沙子和垃圾
This kid, he was, like, full of sand in his mouth and crap
然后我说 "兄弟 你认真的吗"
and I'm like, "Dude... What- wh... are you seri... "
"我都不知道该怎么清理这一身沙子"
"I don't know what I'm gonna do with all this sand."
然后他说 "老兄 我只是看到
And he's like, "Man, I just saw, like,
那么多个零 然后我就想
all those zeros and thought...
我得把它抢过来
I'm just gonna go take it."
我都记不得他从哪儿溜走的
And I can't even remember where he wandered off,
但他走掉了 我们再也没见过他
but he was out of there; we never saw him again.
对于探案来说 有的时候
Sometimes on a case,
运气比能力更重要
being lucky is better than being good.
没穿跑鞋 什么都没有 我们还是抓住了他
No Asics, no nothing, and we still caught that dude,
当然他喝多了 我们没有
of course, he was hammered, and we were not.
我们把支票抢回来了
And we did get the check back.
效果很棒 艾米很了不起
It worked great. Amy was phenomenal.
而我感觉 "卧底的感觉真棒"
And I'm like, "Man, undercover is awesome."
我们的监听系统也装好了
Turned out it really tickled our wire up.
迈克尔·胡佛可能会打电♥话♥这很重要
Michael Hoover would be on the phones which is great,
因为我们可以监听并录音
because then we were listening to that and recording it.
这也让他很满意
You know, again, it got him comfortable.
一切都正常运转
It actually worked. You know, all that works.
当时我在杰克逊维尔
At that time, I was here in Jacksonville
我们称之为监控室的地方
in the-what we call wire room.
我们希望能监听到
We were listening in for what we hoped to be
他和杰瑞叔叔的通话
a telephone call to this Uncle Jerry.
突然间有一通电♥话♥
And immediately there's a phone call
是胡佛先生打给南佛罗里达州的格隆布先生
by Mr. Hoover to Mr. Glomb down in South Florida.
我们监听到了三到四通电♥话♥
We were up on three or four phones.
其中一个就是他 安德鲁·格隆布
One was this guy, Andrew Glomb.
安德鲁·格隆布是个历史曲折的人
I mean, Andrew Glomb was the guy with a checkered past.
他曾因贩毒被联邦政♥府♥
He had previously convicted for some drug charges
和缉毒局定罪入狱
on the federal side with the DEA.
他曾参与贩毒
He had been in a drug trafficking thing.
逃亡了一段时间 最终被捕
He was a fugitive for a while, eventually got arrested,
然后蹲了一段时间大牢
and he did some time.
胡佛先生打电♥话♥给格隆布先生
And so, Mr. Hoover had called Mr. Glomb.
铃铃铃
Ring, ring. Ring, ring.
"喂" "安德"
"Hello?" "Yeah, Andy."
是安德·格隆布
That's Andy Glomb.
安德 他们来过了 他们都信了
"Andy, they were here. They believed everything.