Uh, now that I think about this,
前者为黑帮首领 后者为演员
如果把阿尔·卡彭和罗德尼·丹泽菲尔德if you got Al Capone and Rodney Dangerfield
混在一起
and mashed them together,
就是我哥哥了 我觉得这个类比很恰当
you get my brother. I think that's a good analogy.
我第一次见到杰瑞
The first time I met Jerry,
我们看向彼此
we looked at each other,
就好像
and it was like
我们之间有神奇的化学反应
the chemistry between us was crazy.
就像你在漫画里看到的
Um, like you see in a cartoon, you know,
就好像 "砰"的一下
everything like, "Boom, boom."
我当时正跟一名联调局探员异地恋
I was having a long-distance relationship with a federal agent.
没什么意思
It was not that fun.
而杰瑞很有意思
And, um, Jerry was fun,
所以我选择了他
so I chose him.
科洛博
我父亲是位军人 很严厉
My father was military and strict.
非常严厉
Very strict.
所以我俩的事不太顺利
So, yeah, that didn't go over so well,
但我不在乎
but I didn't care.
科洛博
我跟他私奔了
I rebelled.
我们在佛罗里达州的巴拿马城结了婚
We were married in Panama City, Florida.
没有你想象的那么奢侈
It wasn't as extravagant as you would think
因为我怀孕了
because I was pregnant,
所以不是天主教婚礼
so no Catholic wedding.
我哥哥杰瑞涉足了很多不同的行当
My brother Jerry had his hands in a lot of different avenues.
他当时正在做
He had some, uh, bookieing things that he was doing
博♥彩♥业相关的工作
with bookies and what have you.
他在泰姬陵负责了几年安保工作
Uh, he was in charge of, uh, security at the Taj Mahal for a few years.
是那个老的
Uh, that was the old,
泰姬陵王牌赌场
uh, Trump Taj Mahal.
笑口常开 好彩自然来
他也会赌
Uh, he would gamble and, uh,
还总能赢很多钱
he would win a lot.
我不知道是不是也被♥操♥控了
I don't know if it was--that was rigged as well.
可能吧 生活中的一切都在被♥操♥控
Possibly. Everything's rigged in life.
-什么都别相信 -对
- Trust nothing anymore. - Yeah.
他总是在寻找一种轻松挣钱的好方法
He was always looking at a way to make some good easy money.
我们当时还有灰色的巧克力豆
You know we had the little gray M&M as well.
你知道那个吗
Did you know that?
好吧 我以前每天晚上抽半支大♥麻♥
Okay, I used to smoke a half a joint a night.
我需要放松
I needed to relax.
我会穿点有趣的衣服
I need to put on something funny
只是为了放松
and just let me chill.
我半夜醒过来的时候
Well, when I would wake up in the middle of the night,
得吃点甜食
I had to have something sweet,
所以我的厨房♥里有巧克力糖
so I had Reese's cups some in the kitchen, right?
别吃
他跟我说有一颗用铝箔纸包起来的
So he had to let me know there was a gray M&M
别吃
灰色的巧克力豆
wrapped in aluminum foil
他告诉我 "别碰它"
and he told me, "Don't touch it."
规则是 如果你找到了灰色的假巧克力豆
The rules say if you find the gray imposter M&M's,
你就可以获得100万美金的奖金
the winning bag could be worth $1 million!
快把钱给我
Show me the money!
然后他又说
And then, um, he says,
"你还会赢得出版交换所公♥司♥的大奖"
"You're also gonna win a Publishers Clearing House,"
是一家美国直销公♥司♥ 以抽奖的方式推销商品 杂♥志♥订阅以及奖品游戏
他们会登门拜访
where they come to your door and knock.
你赢得了出版交换所公♥司♥提供的100万美金奖金
You have won $1 million from Publishers Clearing House.
我真不敢相信
I can't believe it!
这是千真万确的
This is the truth!
真的有人赢得了
Real people really win
出版交换所公♥司♥的抽奖活动
the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes.
他们可能会说 "放屁"
They're probably gonna say, "Oh, bullshit."
之类的话 但我只是告诉你
You know, all that, but I'm just telling you
我丈夫告诉我的事情
what my husband told me.
杰瑞想干票大的
Jerry wanted something big.
他一直扬言
He kept threatening,
"我可以到纽约为我的叔叔们工作"
"You know, I can go work for my uncles up in New York," You know?
我说 "我觉得你现在就该去"
I'm like, "Well, you know what? I think it's time."
我和他待在一起太久了
You know, you can spend too much time with somebody
他也不打高尔夫球
and you don't play golf and, um,
他唯一的一根高尔夫球杆才这么长
I mean, the only golf club he had was about this big
那简直是...
and that was, well...
所以他出发北上 找到了多米尼克叔叔
So he went up north and he got with Uncle Dominic
他是一个教父
who was a Godfather.
多米尼克叔叔是真正的...
不 他们这样叫是出于尊敬
No, they call that out of respect.
他不是真正的叔叔
He wasn't an actual uncle,
但他很喜欢我丈夫
but he loved my husband
因为我丈夫是一个老派的
because my husband was old school
地道的西西里人
full-blooded Sicilian.
什么事都帮他牵线搭桥
He was hooking him up with everything.
我叫詹尼弗·埃思里奇
My name's Jennifer Ethridge.
罗宾·科洛博是我的母亲
Robin Colombo's my mother.
詹尼弗·埃思里奇罗宾的女儿
杰瑞·科洛博是我的继父
Jerry Colombo is my stepfather.
你会情不自禁地喜欢上他
You couldn't help not to like him,
尤其是考虑到
and especially with, um, you know,
他所从事的"事业"
his "career" that he was into.
确实很有趣
Um, it was definitely intriguing.
他那时候会给我看
At the time, you know,
成袋成袋的钞票 然后给我拿出来一捆
he would show me duffle bags of money and whip it out.
"给你 去给自己买♥♥点好东西"
"Oh, here you go. Go buy you something nice." You know?
在我十五六岁的时候
And then I'd say when I was about 15, 16 years old,
杰瑞在大富翁游戏里赢了百万美金
that's when Jerry got into the Monopoly thing,
那绝对是...
and then that definitely, you know--
那是很了不起的
it was--that was a big deal.
他答应我 等到我18岁的时候
He had promised me, um, a $1 million ticket
给我一张100万美金的支票
whenever I turned 18,
因为没人跟我有一样的姓氏
because nobody could have the same last name.
我的姓氏是埃思里奇
Sin--since my last name was Ethridge,
我就能赢得一张100万美金的支票
um, you know, I was gonna be able to -- to win a $1 million ticket,
我当时想 "可以啊 太好了"
and I was like, "Oh, heck yeah. Absolutely."
你哥哥是如何卷入这一事件的呢
大富翁中奖事件
Uh, with the Monopoly situation, um,
多米尼克叔叔在纽约分公♥司♥为一家人工作
Uncle Dominic worked for family members in the New York division
一位双方共同的朋友说 "我这里有个人
and, um, a mutual friend of his kind of said, "Hey, I got this guy
在做一些事情 你可能会感兴趣"
that's doing this and this. You might be interested,"
诸如此类的话
and so forth and so on,
这个人就是西蒙营销的杰罗姆
and, uh, that was Jerome from Simon Marketing.
他当时在转移贴纸
Uh, he was getting the tickets.
你觉得多米尼克叔叔
已经发现了杰瑞·雅各布森
就像这是多米尼克叔叔发起的一样
我不清楚 可能是
I don't know. It could have been.
我觉得一开始可能是杰罗姆自己干
I think Jerome possibly started it on his own in the beginning,
然后大家听说了他在做什么
and then people got wind of what he was doing
然后他们说 "看看能否利用这个
and then they said, "Hey, let's see if we can use this
作为扩张的手段"
as an avenue to expand it,"
我认为这引起了我哥的注意
and I believe that was brought to my brother's attention.
他说 "有个人在做这个
Say, "Hey, there's this guy, he's doing this,
我们看看能不能开拓视野"
and let's see if we can expand the, uh, horizon."
但随后我的杰瑞
But then Jerry-- my Jerry--
接到一个电♥话♥ 说多米尼克叔叔死了
received a phone call that Uncle Dominic died.
怎么会这样
这我不能说
I--you know, you don't really talk about that.
总之 我的杰瑞和杰瑞·雅各布森
So anyway, my Jerry and Jerry Jacobson
成了大富翁的合作伙伴
became partners on the Monopoly thing.
两位杰瑞
调查案件就像一个大拼图
Working any case is like big puzzle.
杰瑞叔叔
开始时只有一小块
You--you start with a little piece,
你得去验证是否合法
and you've gotta try to vet whether that is legitimate,
珍妮特·佩利乔蒂前联邦调查局特别探员
以及是否有价值
whether it has any merit to it.
我们开始 我们开始
Here we go, here we go.
对迈克尔·胡佛的卧底行动