现在也说 "只要那个东西还硬朗
and still does say, "As long as this works,
我只需要一根手指"
that's all I need. One finger."
这是事实
And it's the truth.
还需要支持你的家人
And the family that's backing you.
没错 还需要支持你的家人
Yeah, and a family that's backing you.
这点很重要
That's a big thing.
杰罗姆去弄贴纸
Jerome was getting the tickets,
-但等到... -分发
- but when it came to... uh... - Dispersing.
分发贴纸时 我认为他没有资源
Dispersing the tickets, I don't think he had the resources
能让所有地方都有100万的中奖贴纸
to do the big $1 million hits everywhere,
所以我认为这就是我弟弟在其中的角色
so I think that's where my brother took the rings of everything.
杰瑞叔叔拿到中奖贴纸
So Uncle Jerry was getting the tickets
卖♥♥给我弟弟
and selling them to my brother
然后我弟弟再把它们卖♥♥给其他人
and then my brother would sell them to other people
这就是大富翁游戏的骗局
and it was just a-- literally, it was a monopoly of scams.
交易
每张中奖券都有点不同
Every ticket was a little different.
与杰瑞叔叔达成的协议
The agreement with Uncle Jerry
取决于中奖贴纸的价值
was depending on the value of the ticket.
木板桥
大道
100万
现金
502号♥贴纸
需要501号♥
及502号♥贴纸
才能兑奖
100万的中奖贴纸要卖♥♥五万
The $1 million tickets were going for 50 grand.
杰瑞叔叔能得到五万
Uncle Jerry would get the 50,
杰瑞叔叔
不管谁中奖 我弟弟都能分到一半
and then my brother would get half of whoever won.
杰瑞·科洛博
如果他们得到了二十年的分期付清
And so, if they got the payments for 20 years and so forth,
他会得到一半 中奖者得到一半
he'd get half, and then the winner would get half.
杰瑞叔叔
所以从长远来看 比起杰瑞叔叔来说
So it was a better deal for my brother, long-term,
这笔买♥♥卖♥♥对我弟弟更划算
than it was for Uncle Jerry.
我真的没想太多 因为总有人要赢 所以...
I really didn't think much of it, 'cause someone had to win, so...
在我弟弟来看 就是 "好吧
In my brother's eyes, it was, "Okay, well,
与其让某某赢 我要让某某某赢"
instead of Joe Shmoe winning, I'm gonna make, you know, John Shmoe win."
反正这笔钱也有所归属
The money's still gonna go somewhere,
只是换了个去向而已
you know, were just redirecting it.
100万的中奖贴纸本来是我们的结婚礼物
The $1 million ticket was supposed to be our wedding gift.
我们1997年11月24日结婚
We were married November 24, 1997.
1996年
1996.
1996年
1996...
我们重来一遍吧
let's start that over again.
这段剪掉
Cut that.
这段剪掉
Cut that.
今晚我要跪搓衣板了
Whoops, I'm getting my ass kicked tonight.
好吧
Okay.
但这本来是我们的结婚礼物
Um, but that was gonna be our gift, our wedding gift.
免费 我们不需要付钱
Free of charge. We didn't have to buy it.
麦当劳的贴纸放在一个
The McDonald's piece was in one of the little,
你们可能称之为"蛋"的容器里
I guess you'd call them eggs,
就像小孩从扭蛋机里转出的玩具那样
like your kids get toys in at the gumball machines.
它放在冰箱最里面
It was in there, in the back of the freezer,
放在两个冰块托盘的下面
underneath two ice cube trays.
我清楚地记得位置
I remember exactly how it sat.
它就在那儿
It was just chilling.
它就在那儿
It was just chilling.
我很尊重我哥哥
I always looked up to my brother.
他总是保护着我
He was my protector, pretty much.
他经常来看我
He would always come to visit me
给我几千块钱
and throw me a couple thousand dollars,
就像我给孩子们几千块钱一样
like it was me giving away a couple dollars to the kids.
这是我们的儿子弗兰基 他扔了15万美元
This is our son Frankie. He dropped about $150,000
我们决定拍张照
and we just decided to take a picture,
因为我们觉得挺有意思的
we kind of--thought it was kind of funny.
那张照片曾让我很生气
I was so upset over that picture.
因为纯真无暇的婴儿周围
Because it was such dirty money
铺满了这些肮脏的金钱
around such a clean, perfect baby.
当时太疯狂了
Ah, it was pretty crazy,
但这是有代价的
but... with that comes a price.
这么说吧 "杰瑞叔叔"一周至少三次
Put it this way. Uncle Jerry called my home
打电♥话♥到我家
at least three times a week
告诉杰瑞他下一步要做什么
to tell Jerry what he had to do next.
我和他有时候
And he and I would talk, you know,
要聊上30到45分钟
sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes 45 minutes.
我丈夫要和他在亚特兰大见面
And my husband would meet him in Atlanta.
我不知他的关系网里有多少人
I don't know how many people he hooked up.
比我以为的多太多了
It was way more than I thought it was.
我弟弟各种地方的人脉都很广
My brother had a lot of connections
因为他开过夜♥总♥会♥
all over the place 'cause he had nightclubs
还做一些其他的事
and certain things that he was doing
我不能说出来 因为我知道联调局
that I can't really mention, 'cause I'm sure the FBI's
总有一天会看到这段的
gonna watch this tape someday.
总之他参与了很多事
But there was a lot of things that he was into.
然后我弟弟开始发展下线
So my brother started, you know, expanding
从亲家到小舅子
to in-laws and brother-in-laws
还有朋友以及朋友的朋友
and friends and friends of friends and...
他就以这种方式把一个小行动做大了
and that's how he took this little small operation and made it huge.
我之前在杰克逊维尔的航♥空♥公♥司♥工作
I was working at the airlines in Jacksonville here,
一个名叫科洛博的旅客走过来
and a passenger came through named Colombo.
一开始他风度翩翩
Right off the bat, he was very personable
李·卡萨诺十万美金"得奖者"
是个绅士
and, um, a gentleman.
我是意大利姓氏
My last name was Italian,
他好像喜欢我
so he seemed to take a liking to me.
他对我说的第一句话就是
First thing he said to me, he was like,
"给你点钱 去买♥♥点吃的吧"
"Hey, here's some money, go eat, go eat."
我觉得特别有趣
And I just thought that was so funny
因为意大利人就是这样
because that's how Italians are.
这让我觉得和他在一起很舒服
And it just made me feel at ease with him,
这是个好人
that this is a good person.
我不知道他已经结婚了 我也不在乎
I never knew he was married. I didn't really care because
因为我也没有过这么亲密的关系
I didn't really have any relationship on that level,
这只是我的想法
you know, in my mind anyways.
有一天开车出去的时候 他说
One day, we were just driving around, and he says,
"我想给你看点东西" 然后我们停在路边
"Hey, I want to show you something," so we pulled over.
他手伸到后座
And, uh, he reaches around the backseat
然后拿出了中奖贴纸
and he pulls out the winning pieces.
装在蛋里的贴纸 十万美金
It was, like, the whole thing. It's $100,000.
我心想 "许多人很想中奖
And I was like, "Wow, so many people are trying
而你却拿着这四张贴纸
to win this thing, and you're sitting here
坐在这里"
with all four pieces."
我很是惊讶
You know, I'm like, "What?"
"如果你感兴趣的话" 他说
"If you're interested," he says,
"走进麦当劳
"just walk in McDonald's
然后这么做
and this is what you gotta do
就可以拿到钱"
and this is how it rolls."
他继续说 "我现在就给你两万
He goes, "I'll give you 20,000 now
之后我会再给你一万"
and I'll give you another 10,000 later."
我想 "这可是一大笔钱"
And I thought, "Wow, that's a lot of money,"
我可以买♥♥一辆车
You know what I mean? I could go buy me a car,
我可以拿这笔钱做许多事
you know, I could go do some stuff, you know...
因为我当时是在航♥空♥公♥司♥工作
'cause back then, you know, I'm working at the airlines,
我当时赚多少钱呢 每小时十美金
what am I making? You know, $10 an hour?
我很愿意参与令人兴奋的事情
I was game for something exhilarating.
所以他让我飞到费城
So he had me fly to Philly.
由于我是航♥空♥公♥司♥的员工 我经常坐飞机
Being with I'm with the airlines, I can do that.
他在机场迎接我
He picked me up at the airport,
我们开车直奔麦当劳
we drove right to McDonald's
大富翁
回归
了
我自己都没有多想这件事
and I didn't even have to think for myself,
你明白我的意思吗 跟着剧本走
you know what I mean? Just follow the script.