告诉我 我的男朋友出轨了
to inform me that my boyfriend was cheating on me.
我和杰瑞就是这么认识的
So that's how I met Jerry.
我们分分合合
We dated off and on,
有愉快的时光 也有悲伤的时候
and there were some good times and some bad times,
我们在田纳西州结了婚
but, um, we got married in Tennessee.
我记得是1981年
I think it was '81,
杰瑞成为了我儿子的继父
and Jerry became a stepfather to my sons.
他有什么特质吸引了你 让你想跟他结婚呢
这段沉默不会被剪进正片 对吧
This big long silence isn't gonna be in there, is it?
有一天他开始剃须
One day he started to shave
但最上面他够不着
and he couldn't reach all the way up to shave.
对他来说很困难
It was difficult,
而且他每动一下都变得非常困难
and it was getting more difficult every time he tried to move.
到了中午 他的胳膊就抬不起来了
By noon, he couldn't lift his arms.
是真的抬不起来了
He couldn't lift his arms, period,
所以我带他去了医院
so I took him to the hospital.
他们给他做了多发性硬化检查
And they ran the test for multiple sclerosis
一种免疫介导的特发性多发性周围神经病 主要表现为四肢对称性迟缓性瘫痪
还有格林-巴利综合征以及其他的检查
and Guillain-Barré and a couple of other things
他被确诊为格林-巴利综合征and he had the Guillain-Barré.
他说他得了多发性硬化
He says he's got MS.
神经疼痛
瘫痪
死亡
但严格来说 是格林-巴利综合征
But technically it was Guillain-Barré
我请了假
and I--I took leave from my work
在医院陪着他
and spent time at the hospital with him
因为他妈妈要把他送到疗养院
'cause his mother was gonna put him in a nursing home.
我每天只给他15分钟时间自怨自艾
I gave him 15 minutes a day to feel sorry for himself
15分钟一到 我们就要一起努力
and after that 15 minutes, we're gonna work,
因为我认为如果我们坚持不懈
'cause I felt like if we kept working,
或许我们可以赶在瘫痪前面
maybe we could stay ahead of the paralysis.
所以我喂他吃饭 给他洗澡
So I fed him and gave him showers
带他在走廊里来回散步
and walked him up and down the hall
以及其他琐事
and all that stuff.
在六个月还是八个月之后
After six or eight months,
他终于在病毒感染呼吸系统之前好转过来
he finally turned around before it got to his respiratory system.
病情很重 但最终还是被打倒了
It was getting there, but it didn't quite take over.
所以第二天
So and then the next day,
过了几天之后 他的病情稳定了
after the next couple of days, it stabilized,
然后慢慢开始好转
and then started turning around a little bit.
杰罗姆·雅各布森警官
一个人从执法机关离开
There's always a question,
总是有原因的
why somebody leaves a law enforcement career early.
多数时候理由充分
Many times there's a good reason,
但这总是有问题的
but--but there's always a question.
这不常见
It's not typical.
克里斯·格雷汉姆前联邦调查局小队负责人
就他的情况而言
Um, and--and in his case, you know,
我们得知他有过
we learned that he had, you know-
健康问题 或者说是一场意外
he had a--a condi--health condition or an accident that,
我猜他残疾了
you know, had him go out, I guess, on a disability.
他搬到了亚特兰大 因为那里有一个医生
He moved to Atlanta because there was a doctor in Atlanta
或是一家医院 专门研究多发性硬化
or a hospital that dealt with nothing but MS.
我觉得多发性硬化彻底毁了他的生活
I think the MS really threw his life completely
因为我觉得他很想在执法机关工作
because I think he always wanted to be in law enforcement,
而患有多样性硬化彻底改变了他的人生
and having the MS completely changed his life.
亚特兰大佐治亚州
我们一起搬到了亚特兰大
We moved to Atlanta together.
搬过来不久 我找到了一份安保工作
I got a job shortly after we came here in security.
他也开始康复
He started getting better...
那时候 他想回去工作
And at that point, he wanted to go back to work.
西蒙营销给他提供了一份工作
Simon Marketing offered him a job working security
为大富翁促销活动做安保
for the Monopoly promotions.
联调局不愿意也不能
We as the FBI could not and logically would not
闯进西蒙营销
march into Simon Marketing
问他们杰瑞以及如何盗窃贴纸的问题
and start asking questions about Jerry and that process.
联调局每次提问的时候
You know, generally when the FBI starts asking questions,
人们会...
people, you know-- people get--
有些焦虑 会想这是为什么
get a little spun up and wonder, really, why.
我们和麦当劳携手合作
We were working hand in hand with McDonald's
马克·德弗罗助理联邦检察官
只是想弄清楚他们有多了解西蒙营销
just trying to figure out how much they knew about Simon Marketing.
令人吃惊的是 麦当劳对西蒙营销
Surprisingly, McDonald's didn't know much about the process
如何运做他们的促销游戏并不了解
that Simon Marketing went through with their promotional games.
在这次调查开始前 我对Simon Marketing
I wasn't familiar with Simon Marketing at all
完全不了解
until this investigation began.
在与联调局探员会面后
After that meeting with the FBI,
罗伯·霍尔姆麦当劳全球安全主管
我意识到我要多了解一下
I realized that I needed to learn a little bit more
西蒙营销和这个促销游戏
about Simon Marketing and the promotion,
于是我假借学习他们实施的安保措施
so I set up a meeting with Simon Marketing
安排了一次
under the guise of trying to learn how
与西蒙营销的会议
the security procedures were in place.
我们让麦当劳
We were able to enlist McDonald's
代表我们做这些调查
to do these inquiries on our behalf,
西蒙营销
但我认为这也是为了他们自己的利益
but I think also on their behalf, too.
你那时告诉过他们
杰罗姆·雅各布森是你们要找的人吗
没有
No.
我们不会告诉麦当劳的人
We--we would--we would have not told McDonald's.
因为如果我们错了
Because if we're wrong,
我们就无故损害了他人的名声
we've--we've sullied somebody's reputation for no good reason.
我不知道他在西蒙营销收入多少
I don't know how much he was making at Simon.
他妻子当时有工作
His wife was working.
我不知道他是否需要这笔钱
I don't know if he needed the money.
杰瑞跟你说贴纸的时候
他说没说过 "我觉得我可以偷一点 拿一点出来"
不 我记得他说他有一位联♥系♥人
No, I think he said he has a contact
可以拿到一些之类的
to get them or something.
我觉得是联♥系♥人 而不是他
I think it was contact. It was not him.
不是他
It was not him.
不是他
It was not him.
等等 你...
他... 你继续
He--go ahead.
你那时告诉过他们你是说还有其他人吗
他让我觉得
He--he--he gave me the idea
贴纸不是他偷的
it was not him stealing the tickets,
而是他认识一个可以搞到贴纸的联♥系♥人
that he had a contact how to get the tickets.
我认为杰瑞是这件事的安保负责人
I was under the impression Jerry was the security for it.
换句话说
In other words,
是其他人偷了贴纸之类的
that another person was taking the tickets or whatever.
我不确定
I wasn't sure.
我以为杰瑞是安保
I thought Jerry was security.
西蒙营销公♥司♥
我与西蒙营销会面时
When I met with Simon Marketing,
我们审阅了整个安保措施
we went through the security procedures
以及印刷机的流程
and the procedures at the printing press.
他们有着非常周密及全面的流程
They actually had a very thorough and comprehensive operation
来确保我们游戏贴纸的安全与完整
for ensuring the security and integrity of their-- of our game pieces,
因此我对的所见非常满意
so I was very pleased with what I saw.
麦当劳大富翁游戏贴纸安保
麦当劳报告称那里的工厂极其安全
McDonald's reports that at the facility there was incredibly secure
西蒙营销公♥司♥
所以安保松懈 或者他们可以
and that this idea that--that things are-- are loose,
拿着贴纸大摇大摆地走出去
or that they could walk right out of there,
这种想法是不可能的
was--was you know almost impossible.
完全不可能
Highly un--highly, highly unlikely.
显著的问题就是整个流程是什么样的
The obvious question was how this whole process worked.
这些游戏贴纸是如何被印刷及分发的
How were--how were game pieces printed, distributed?
西蒙营销让亚特兰大北部
Simon Marketing had these game pieces made just north of Atlanta
一家安全印刷厂印刷贴纸
by a secure printing business.
迪特勒兄弟印刷厂
我叫杰克·西斯克
My name is Jack Sisk.
我曾在迪特勒兄弟印刷厂
I actually was working in security at Dittler
杰克·西斯克迪特勒兄弟印刷厂
做了15年安保工作
when--for around 15 years, actually.
我叫佩里·佩洛克
My name's Perry Pealock,
佩里·佩洛克迪特勒兄弟印刷厂
我以前是装订部门主管
and I was the bindery supervisor.
我是道尔·格兰特 我之前是运务员
Name's Doyle Grant, and I was shipping clerk.