The fake address was a part of the scheme.
里克有杰克逊维尔
And so, Rick had this surveillance photo
那家麦当劳的监控照片
of a McDonald's right there in Jacksonville.
我想 "老天 真完美"
And I go, "Oh, my God, that's perfect."
所以我带上了那张照片 "你要干什么"
So I take it with me. "What are you gonna do?"
我说 "我会用上
And I said, "I'm gonna-- I'm gonna use it.
等着瞧 看我怎么办"
Wait and see. I'm gonna show you."
在她签字的时候
And, as she's doing it, Amy,
艾米心想 "天啊 这...
she's like, "Oh, my God, that's just--
这不是那家店 不是那家店"
that's not it. That's not it."
我看了她一眼 她内心的声音越来越大
And I'm looking over-- it's starting to get louder,
我往后看看
and I'm like, I'm looking back,
"你要在这儿说吗
"Do you want that here?
他们都快要听到了"
I mean--they almost can hear that."
非常好 谢谢你
我就喜欢这样
That's what I love.
每次我跟他们聊
Every time I talked to them,
他们都是满嘴谎言
they would just lie, lie, lie.
这样对联调局来说很好 因为这样就能
And it was perfect for the FBI because it was really
构建起证据链并帮他们立案
building evidence and helping them build their case.
但我们也想确保
But we also wanted to make sure
我们看起来也乐在其中
that it seemed like we were having fun.
因为我要再次强调
Because, once again,
真实的拍摄现场也会是这样
that's how it would be at a real shoot.
现在 我想让你这么做
带我们过一遍 你赢了100万美元
你带着中奖贴纸去了这家
位于南卡罗来纳州的希尔顿黑德岛的麦当劳
这让你...
我想让你慢慢站起来
指着你那颗星
-好 -等下 还有...
- Okay. - Oh, wait--oh, there's--
道格让现场很活跃
Uh, Doug brought a lot of that energy.
上面那颗吗 好的
Up there? Okay.
这听起来会很俗气 但是
好吧
Okay.
等拼到一起后效果会更好
你就在这上面 格洛里亚
我们就喜欢做做一些傻里傻气的事 控制不住
我♥干♥这些俗气的事情还有工资呢
这是马修斯的风格 他肯定会那么做
That's typical Mathews. That's what he would do.
感谢100万 麦当劳
Thanks a million, McDonald's.
好 对着这边的镜头再说一遍
Okay, look right in the camera and say it right there.
感谢100万 麦当劳
Thanks a million, McDonald's.
说实话 有时候很难板着个脸
And it was hard sometimes to keep a straight face, to be honest with you.
有时候很困难 因为对于
It was very hard at times, 'cause the things we were
曝光表或者相机的操作
doing with the light meter or the camera and sitting them
以及把它们摆放到位 我们毫无概念
and fixing them up, we had no idea.
我在南卡罗来纳的希尔顿黑德岛的麦当劳
I got my McDonald's millions--million
赢得了我的100万
at Hilton Head in South Carolina,
这使我成为了...
and it made me a...
百万富翁
millionaire.
非常棒
That's cute.
很不错了
很不错了 好的
Pretty close, okay.
我在刚进局里工作的时候就发现
What I figured out at an early age in the bureau is,
你想推进一个案子 然后你坚持推进
you push it and then you think it's-- you keep pushing.
永远不知道什么时候会碰壁
You never know when you're gonna hit a wall.
我从来没触过底
And, of course, I never found the bottom.
就像没有杯底的茶杯一样
The bottomless tea glass, right?
对我来说非常好 不断前进
It's perfect for me. Just keep going.
当然 她也这样做了
And, of course, she did.
麦当劳叔叔和我会...
Ron and I will s--
麦当劳叔叔...
Ron-- Ugh.
没事
没问题
慢慢来
我和麦当劳叔叔在拉斯维加斯等你
Ron and I will see you in Vegas.
谢谢你 麦当劳
Thank you, McDonald's.
她是专业的 非常棒
我们知道让格洛里亚坐在那里
We knew it was such good evidence
编造一个故事
having Gloria sitting here,
是非常好的证据
just making the story up.
蒂莫西·亚当斯联邦调查局特别探员
真诚地做这场虚假的采访
And doing it with this sincerity--this fake sincerity.
作为刑侦人员
It was--it was--as a criminal investigator,
目睹这一切是件很棒的事
it was an awesome thing to behold.
我们在调查的这起阴谋
There were so many different layers of the conspiracy
环环相扣
that we were investigating,
计谋越复杂
and the more sophisticated a scheme,
起诉就越困难
the more difficult it is to prosecute the case.
现在有了可以展示给陪审团的
Now you have actual video production
真实视频录像
that you can show a jury.
那是非常有力的
That's very powerful.
那个时候 整个局里
By this time, literally almost the whole office now,
或者说绝大部分人 都转而调查此案
or a big majority of them, have been diverted to work on
我们称为最终答案行动
what we call Operation Final Answer.
我们经常一周工作七天
We worked seven days a week on a regular basis,
但有时感觉不像是工作
but at times it did not feel like work.
所有参与此案的探员都有着深厚的友谊
We had great camaraderie between all of the agents
而且我们知道任务...
that were working it, and we knew the mission is--
我们想要实现的目标
what we were trying to accomplish
是崇高且正确的
was a noble one and a good one.
所以没有人抱怨过
Um, so nobody ever complained about it.
事情进展很快 所以我们很自然地
Things were moving fast, and naturally,
按照自己的节奏推进
we always want to move at our pace.
我们想控制时机
We wanna control the timing of things,
可我们没有那个条件
and we did not have that luxury.
游戏还在进行
The game was running.
守住秘密的时间不多了
There was clock running on how long we could keep it a secret.
在整个过程中 我们真的在为此案
Throughout this, we were really, really
克里斯·格雷汉姆前联邦调查局小队负责人
收集惊人的证据
racking up incredible evidence,
发现新人物
discovering new people,
证明所有不同的关键要素
proving all different elements of what was going on.
我们大概了解运作的流程
And we kind of knew the process of how these were placed,
但还有一个未解决的问题
but the one thing that was still out there
就是杰瑞·雅各布森是怎么做到的
was how is Jerry Jacobson doing this?
这令人心神不宁
That was kind of this nagging,
一直想不通
you know, this nagging question mark.
我们需要查明的是
What we had to vet out here is, who--
是谁在帮杰瑞
who was helping Jerry?
希尔达·班尼特是注册会计师
Hilda Bennett was the CPA that would travel
她会跟雅各布森先生去全世界的制♥造♥厂
with Mr. Jacobson to these various manufacturing plants.
我们不知道他们是否相互勾结
And we didn't know, are they in cahoots?
在调查中 你不能把某人排除在外
On an investigation, you just don't cut somebody out.
所以我们也监视了班尼特女士
And so, we had to surveil Ms. Bennett as well.
入口
-你要芝士吗 -要
- You want cheese? - Yep.
我想要一个大杯咖啡
I need to get a large coffee
加十份奶油以及五份糖
with ten cream and five sugar.
弗兰克·科洛博杰瑞·科洛博的哥哥
还要其他的吗
Anything else?
再来一个大杯咖啡
Yep, another large coffee
-加十份奶油和五份代糖 -好的
- with ten cream and five Equal. - Okay.
-这杯是加代糖的吗 -对
- That is Equal? - Yep.
-很好 谢谢 -不客气
- Awesome, thank you. - You're welcome.
-祝你一天愉快 -谢谢
- Have a great day. - Thank you.
这太好喝了
Oh, that's perfect.
我只见过一次杰瑞叔叔 在佐治亚州
The one time I've seen Uncle Jerry was up in Georgia.
我弟弟去见他
My brother went to go visit.
我待在车里
I stayed in the car.
我没下车 因为他不让我直接参与
I didn't get out of the car because he didn't directly involve me
因为他总想保护我
'cause he was always trying to protect me.
他们不想让我卷进来
They don't want me to get involved.
但与此同时又给你点甜头
But giving you a little taste at the same time.
弗兰克·科洛博杰瑞·科洛博的哥哥
希瑟·科洛博
杰瑞·科洛博的嫂子
没错 是这样的
I guess so, yeah, yeah.
杰瑞叔叔是个中年人
Uncle Jerry was a middle-aged guy.
正常身高 正常身材
Just normal, average height, normal, average build.
体格并不重要 我爸以前老说
But size doesn't matter. Like my dad always used to say