剧集 | 远大前程(2023) | 导航列表
你不道德的主张是什麽?
What is your immoral proposition?
对于这个城市的大多数承销商来说,
For the majority of underwriters in this city,
最令人讨厌的问题是欺诈性保单索赔。
the most obnoxious problem is fraudulent policy claims.
事实上。
Indeed.
我的主张
My proposition
就是你我只会承保保单
is that you and I will only underwrite insurance policies
我们已经知道是欺诈性的。
we already know to be fraudulent.
我们为什麽要这样做?
Why would we do that?
因为如果航行以海难告终,
Because if a voyage ends in shipwreck,
根据欺诈政策,
under a fraudulent policy,
我总是可以在法庭上使用我的能力
I can always use my abilities in court
否认索赔。
to deny the claim.
我的观点是,
My point being,
如果我们只承保可否认的索赔,
if we only ever underwrite deniable claims,
那麽你再也不会支付保单了。
then you will never pay out on a policy ever again.
我们到底怎麽会提前知道
How on Earth would we know in advance
我们承保的保单是欺诈性的?
that a policy we are underwriting is fraudulent?
大约十秒钟后,你会发现。
In around ten seconds, you will find out.
三。。。
Three...
二。。。
Two...
一。
One.
什麽。
Come.
皮普,鼓。鼓,皮普。
Pip, Drummle. Drummle, Pip.
早上好,德拉姆勒先生。
Good morning, Mr. Drummle.
祝你早上好。
And a very good morning to you.
鼻烟?
Snuff?
我没有。
I don't.
嗯,做。
Well, do.
我刚刚告诉你。
I just told you.
我没有。
I don't.
勇敢。
Bravo.
坐。
Sit.
请坐。
Please do, take a seat.
我划船去找前东印度人
I rowed out to the former East Indiaman
黑球线,
of the Black Ball Line,
按照你的指示停泊在伦敦桥。
anchored at London Bridge as you instructed.
在船上,你必须与船长交谈
And aboard, you got to talking to the captain
在船长舱裡。
in the captain's cabin.
是的。
Yes.
这是一艘非常有趣的船。
It is a very interesting ship.
它的建造价格为每吨♥40英镑。她是1,200吨♥。
It was built at £40 a ton. She's 1,200 tons.
她的横樑与长度之比是五分半比一,
Her ratio beam to length is five and a half to one,
这是新的美国维度。
which is the new American dimension.
在波士顿设计,并且...
Designed in Boston, and...
谁他妈的在讨论横樑和长度?
Who the fuck discusses beams and lengths?
和到。
I do.
正如我告诉船长的那样,
As I told the captain,
船舶及其设计是我的兴趣所在。
ships and their design is my interest.
嗯。
Hmm.
嗯,是的。
Well, it is.
他拿出一些船的图纸给我看。
He took out some drawings of the ship to show me.
我印象深刻。
I was impressed.
我问他的目的地。
I asked after his destination.
然后你按照我告诉你的询问货物。
And then you asked about the cargo as I told you to.
韦奇木瓷器,
Wedgwood porcelain,
梁丝
silks of beams
以及四分之三吨♥非法火♥药♥。
and three quarters of a ton of illicit gunpowder.
船长自己告诉你的?
The captain told you this himself?
想像一下那个场景,德拉姆勒先生。
Picture the scene, Mr. Drummle.
皮普坐在沙发上,甜蜜地。
Pip sat there on the couch, sweetly.
船长想扮演流氓。
The captain wanting to play the rogue.
他说如果我不相信他,他会在下面给我看。
He said if I didn't believe him, he would show me below.
加油,皮普。
Go on, Pip.
我走到下面,亲眼看到了粉末。
I went below and saw the powder for myself.
然后。。。
And then...
他把我带到阴影里
He led me to the shadows
并问我是否想和他一起航行
and asked if I wanted to sail with him
并分享他的宿舍。
and share his quarters.
就像利物浦一样。
Just as far as Liverpool.
他说他会支付我回伦敦的路费。
He said he would pay for my passage back to London.
他试图抱住我。
He tried to hold me.
幸运的是,我很坚强。
Luckily, I'm strong.
我回到甲板上,划到岸边。
I went back onto the deck and rowed to shore.
随着您宝贵的知识在您的脑海中安全。
With your valuable knowledge secure in your head.
你看,德拉姆勒,
You see, Drummle,
当皮普第一次被交给我负责时,
when Pip was first put into my charge,
我心想,
I wondered to myself,
“像我这样的人,怎麽能利用这样的天真呢?”
"How can a man like me make use of such innocence?"
但是要利用它,你肯定有。
But make use of it you surely have.
男孩会听到很多事情。
The boy will hear many things.
因为我们中间谁不想要
Because who among us does not want
给易受影响的人留下深刻印象?
to impress the impressionable?
一个把火♥药♥运到纽约的船长?
A captain running gunpowder to New York?
他会挂。
He would hang.
但是勒索...
But blackmail...
对于像我们这样的先生来说,这太粗糙了,德拉姆勒先生。
It is too crude for gentlemen such as us, Mr. Drummle.
我让皮普交给船长的信
The letter I had Pip deliver to the captain
是建议他应该为他的船投保
was a recommendation that he should have his ship insured
前往利物浦和纽约的旅程
for the journey to Liverpool and New York
由鼓姆勒承销商...
by Drummle Underwriters...
在溢价。
at premium.
我们事先知道的双倍保费保单,
A double premium policy which we know in advance,
永远不能被索赔。
can never be claimed against.
因为我在河裡有一隻老鼠。
Because I have a rat in the river.
如果索赔进入法庭,
And should the claim ever come to court,
皮普将成为我们的见证人
Pip would be our witness
该船载有危险和非法的货物,
that the ship was carrying a dangerous and illegal cargo,
他亲眼所见。
which he saw with his own two eyes.
像牡蛎刀一样无辜。
Innocent as an oyster knife.
贾格尔斯先生,请允许我欢迎您来到海洋商业世界
Mr. Jaggers, may I welcome you to the world of marine commerce
张开双臂?
with open arms?
我可以建议
And may I suggest
如果我们的关係繁荣,
that if our relationship prospers,
你会从中赚更多的钱
you will make more money from this
比你进口肉豆蔻时所做的还要多。
than you ever did from the importation of nutmeg.
我也欢迎你,皮普,
May I also welcome you, Pip,
为了女王陛下的皇家交易所的所有荣耀。
to Her Majesty's Royal Exchange in all its glory.
那个人进口肉豆蔻?
That man imports nutmeg?
他从中赚了一半的财富。
He made half of his fortune from it.
让我猜猜,他很快就要结婚了?
And let me guess, he's soon to be married?
事实上,他是。
Indeed, he is.
贾格尔斯先生。
Mr. Jaggers.
贾格尔斯先生。
Mr. Jaggers.
你只是故意把我介绍给那个男人
You just deliberately introduced me to the man
谁打算娶我爱的女人。
who is planning to marry the woman I love.
事实上,我做到了。是的。
Indeed, I did. Yes.
除了你是邪恶的事实
Other than the fact that you are evil
并为此庆祝,你的理由是什麽?
and celebrated for it, what is your reason?
你对那个船长瞭解多少
And what did you know about that captain
在你把我送到他的船上之前?
before you sent me to his ship?
果仁
Pip,
让我们找到一个更合适的地方
let us find a more suitable place
对于真正应该庆祝的事情。
for what really ought to be a celebration.
贾格尔斯先生,我们究竟在庆祝什麽?
What exactly is it that we are celebrating, Mr. Jaggers?
我们正在庆祝这一事实
We are celebrating the fact
你和我,皮普,
that you and I, Pip,
将进入德拉姆勒的海上保险业务
are going to enter Drummle's marine insurance business
在他自己贪婪的浪潮中。
on a tidal wave of his own greed.
一旦进去,我们就会吃掉它,
Once inside, we will eat it,
消化它,
digest it,
剧集 | 远大前程(2023) | 导航列表