剧集 | 远大前程(2023) | 导航列表
现在离家已经两个星期了,
it is now two weeks since I left home,
一切都在顺利进行。
and all is going splendidly.
伦敦不是我想像中的地方。
And London is not the place I imagined it would be.
“伦敦更大,更狂野,更茜草
"London is bigger, wilder, madder
“而且比什麽都美
"and more beautiful than anything
“这永远可以写下来。
"that can ever be written down.
“所以,我甚至不会试图表达它。
"And so, I will not even try to express it."
“我的守护者,匕♥首♥...”
"My guardian, Daggers..."
其实我认为是「贾格尔」。。
Actually I think it's "Jaggers".
它说,
It says,
“贾格尔斯先生让我从事计数工作......
"Mr. Jaggers has put me to work in the counting...
“伦敦的数房♥子。”
"Counting houses of London."
皮普在计数室
Pip is in the counting house
和国王数钱。
counting out his money with the King.
就像在童谣中与女僕和黑鸟一样。
Like in the nursery rhyme with the maid and the blackbird.
乔,我们没有国王,我们有王后。
Joe, we don't have a king, we have a queen.
但是,计数屋裡的皮普和谁在一起呢?
But then who is Pip in the counting house with?
我在计数室做生意
I'm conducting business in the counting houses
与赫伯特口袋。
with Herbert Pocket.
在交流中,
In the exchanges,
我正在成为我们两个人中更出名的。
I am becoming the more well-known of the two of us.
我发现我有一种亲和力
And I have found I have an affinity
用于经纪和船舶保险。
for brokerage and ship insurance.
“我正在学习称重和测量
"I am learning to weigh and measure
“并计数和分配。
"and count and assign.
“我帮助判断船隻是否适合航行。
"I helped judge the fitness of ships to sail.
“一项艰巨的任务变得更容易
"A difficult task made easier
“以前我一直在卧室的窗户前度过......”
"by all the time I used to spend at my bedroom window..."
他到底在卧室的窗户上做了什麽?
What on Earth did he do at his bedroom window?
"...我曾经眺望泰晤士河的地方
"...where I used to gaze out over the Thames
“并观察和记录所有的船隻
"and watch and record all the ships
“来来去去为我们强大的帝国服务。”
"that came and went to serve our mighty empire."
哦,他多麽热爱帝国。
Oh, how he loves the empire.
“我曾经写下船名
"I used to write down the names of the ships
“以及它们的大小和适航性。
"and their size and seaworthiness.
“我在库存上看到了相同的名字。
"I see the same names on the inventories.
“贾格尔斯先生非常惊讶
"Mr. Jaggers is quite astonished
“据我所知,泰晤士河的交通状况。
"at my knowledge of Thames traffic.
“所以,也许那些年终究没有浪费。
"So, perhaps all those years were not wasted after all.
“但是现在,哈威沙姆小姐,更阴沉的事情。
"But now, Miss Havisham, to a more somber matter.
“这是我心中沉重的事情。
"It is something that weighs heavily on my heart.
“事实上,重量是无法衡量的
"In fact, a weight beyond measure
“我从贾格尔斯先生的助手温米克先生那裡听说......”
"I heard from Mr. Jaggers' assistant, Mr. Wemmick, that..."
继续。
Go on.
“我从贾格尔斯先生的助手温米克先生那裡听说,
"I heard from Mr. Jaggers' assistant, Mr. Wemmick,
“埃斯黛拉很快就要结婚了......”
"that Estella is very soon due to be married..."
没有必要用它来困扰你
There was no point troubling you with it
直到一切都得到证实。
until it had all been confirmed.
"...嫁给了一个非常受人尊敬的绅士。
"...married to a very respectable gentleman."
他就是这样。
And so he is.
这位先生确实很受人尊敬。
The gentleman is indeed very respectable.
怎麽了?
What's the matter?
你不是一直说你什麽都不想要了吗
Haven't you always said you wanted nothing more
比一个有钱的绅士来
than a wealthy gentleman to come along
然后带你去开罗或其他地方?
and take you off to Cairo or somewhere?
我可以知道这位非常受人尊敬的绅士是谁吗?
Am I allowed to know who this very respectable gentleman is?
还是我先在祭坛上见到他?
Or do I meet him first at the altar?
你知道吗,你们这一代人是如此忘恩负义。
Do you know, your generation are so supremely ungrateful.
我救一个滴着金子的人
I deliver a man dripping in gold
和肉豆蔻... - 肉豆蔻?
and nutmeg... - Nutmeg?
是的,他一半的钱来自肉豆蔻。
Yes, He made half his money from nutmeg.
我讨厌肉豆蔻。- 现在我有
I hate nutmeg. - And now I have
所有善意和财务确认
all the bona fides and the financial confirmations
至于他的公♥司♥事务状况,
as to the state of his company affairs,
婚礼可以举♥行♥。
the wedding can take place.
你怎麽敢假设...
How dare you presume...
我需要提醒你吗?
Do I need to remind you?
如果不是我把你拉起来
If it weren't for me pulling you up
从路易斯的排水沟,
from the running gutters of Lewisham,
你会卖♥♥掉你漂亮的屁♥股♥
you would be selling your pretty ass
一次两先令,每晚五次。
for two shillings a time, five times a night.
照原样,你只会卖♥♥掉自己一次,
As it is, you will sell yourself just the once,
年收入200英镑。
for an income of £200 a year.
您将前往伦敦
You will travel to London
你会闻到钱和肉豆蔻的味道
and you will smell the money and the nutmeg
你会拖延足够长的时间
and you will tarry just long enough
试试你的婚纱!
to try your wedding dress!
我这样做,我做这一切以确保
I do this, I do all of this to ensure
你只穿了一天的婚纱!
that you wear your wedding dress for just one day!
我将被埋葬在我的裡面。
And I shall be buried in mine.
你出生的女孩真的别无选择。
Girls of your birth really don't have choices.
含煳不清)
LKING INDISTINCTLY)
“每吨♥40英镑,1200吨♥。
"£40 a ton built, 1,200 tons.
“船长横比,五比一。
"Ship's length to beam ratio, five and a half to one.
“黑球线,东印度人。
"Black Ball Line, East Indiaman.
“每吨♥40英镑,1200吨♥。
"£40 a ton built, 1,200 tons.
“利物浦到纽约14天。
"Liverpool to New York in 14 days.
“四分之三吨♥非法货物。”
"Three quarter ton of illicit cargo."
谢谢。
Thank you.
“利物浦到纽约14天。
"Liverpool to New York in 14 days.
“四分之三吨♥非法货物。”
"Three quarter ton of illicit cargo."
该文件将证明
And this document will certify
这艘船上不会有易燃的糖蜜。
there will be no flammable molasses aboard this ship.
...满载珍贵的乌木,然后前往锡兰
...laden with precious ebony wood and then to Ceylon
象牙,然后回到蒂尔伯里。
for elephant tusks, then back to Tilbury.
镣铐和镣铐...靛蓝染料,
Shackles and manacles... Indigo dyes,
药物种类繁多,...奴隶。
drugs various and... slaves.
奴隶必须在新奥尔良出院,
Slaves have to be discharged at New Orleans,
如果贸易仍然合法,
where the trade is still legal,
和好船诺瓦利纳返回亚速尔群岛,
and the good ship Novalina to return to the Azores,
剥去锁链,改名为报春花...
stripped of its chains and renamed The Primrose...
先生,请原谅我。我正在寻找卡迈克尔·贾格尔斯先生,
Sir, forgive me. I'm looking for a Mr. Carmichael Jaggers,
照顾德拉姆勒公♥司♥
care of Drummle and Co.
所以。。。
So...
这个新来的男孩有什麽好看的?
What is it that's so good about this new boy?
他有什麽好处?
What's good about him?
首先,他学得很快。
First of all, is that he is a quick learner.
其次...
And second of all...
其次,他没有宗教信仰
Second of all, he has no religion
妨碍我的指示。
to get in the way of my instruction.
嗯?
Hmm?
第三,他瞭解河流。
And third of all, he understands the river.
他在银行长大。
He grew up in its banks.
他像目录一样瞭解船隻
He knows the ships like a directory
当它适合他时,
and when it suits him,
他说的是驾驶他们的人的方言。
he speaks the dialect of the men who sail them.
一个普通的男孩。
A common boy.
雄心勃勃。
With ambition.
如果他这麽好,
If he's so good,
你为什麽要把他卖♥♥给我?
why are you trying to sell him to me?
我不是在卖♥♥他,我是租他。
I'm not selling him, I'm renting him.
我决定去
I have decided to go
进入海上保险业务。
into the marine insurance business.
那麽皇家海军舰队必须保持警惕
Then the Royal Navy fleet must be on guard
对于水线以下的意外孔洞。
for unexpected holes below the water line.
男孩是我进入这个行业的桥樑。
The boy is my bridge into the business.
你选择我作为经纪人,因为我是最棒的。
And you chose me as a broker because I am the best.
从某种意义上说,你是最糟糕的,是的。
In the sense that you are the worst, yes.
就像我是最糟糕的律师一样。
Just as I am the worst attorney.
在道德意义上。
In the moral sense.
剧集 | 远大前程(2023) | 导航列表