剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
做些法律助理的工作
Yeah, doing paralegal work.
你看上去很友善
You seem nice.
文字记录看起来很好
Transcript looks great.
但我简单来说吧
But here's the short of it.
通过司法考试是一回事
Passing the bar is one thing.
要有良好道德品格才能被律师协会接受
Being admitted to the bar requires good moral character.
你过去滥用药物的历史是个问题 但不会让你失去资格
Your past drug use is an issue, but it's not disqualifying.
好的
Okay.
不过
However...
打邦斯科技那场官司时
your admission to blackmail and your court testimony
你在法庭作证时承认勒索的事
for the Borns Tech case?
邦斯科技
Borns Tech?
太好了
Mm-hmm. Great.
我们招收不能被律师协会接受的学生
It would be unethical for us to admit a student
是不道德的
who couldn't be admitted to the bar.
就是说我没有机会进法学院了
So there's no chance of me getting into law school.
听着
Look,
你为比利麦克布莱德工作
you work for Billy McBride.
尽管比利麦克布莱德跟律师协会有些分歧
And while Billy McBride has had his own run-ins with the bar,
他的名字在这个城市还有一点分量
his name still carries some weight in this town.
让他为你作证…
Having him testify on your behalf...
真的将会是你唯一的机会
would really be your only shot.
好的
Okay.
不好了
Shit.
快出来
Come on.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
你在干什么 你好 你在干什么
What are you doing? Hi. What are you doing?
我昨天也在这里看到你了
I saw you here yesterday, too.
你是帕蒂 对吗 -我不是
You're Patty, right? -No, I'm not.
我查过你的车牌
I ran your plates.
经常驾驶违规
Lot of moving violations.
这…
That's...
杰夫出远门了 所以你就别浪费时间坐在这里等他了
Jeff's out of town, so don't waste your day sitting here waiting for him.
我不是在等他
I'm not.
行 听好了
Okay, look,
我不知道你们俩之间发生过什么事 也不知道他为什么不回你的电♥话♥
I don't know what happened between you two, or why he won't return your calls.
这与我无关
None of my business.
但我想让这事翻篇会是个好主意
But I think moving on is a good idea.
你不这么认为吗
Don't you?
我只是想道歉
I just want-- I wanted to apologize.
我会转告他的 -行
I'll tell him. -Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 帅哥
Hey, handsome.
你好 怎么样
Hey. What's up?
你好吗
How are you?
还不错
Doing all right.
嘿…
Hey, um...
我从现在开始做兼♥职♥可以吗
Hey, is it cool if I just work part-time from now on?
可以 随便你 你有另一份工作
Yeah, whatever you need. You get another gig?
不是 我只是不想再工作了
No, I just don't feel like working anymore.
不是啦 我要回学校念书
No, I, um, I'm going back to school.
不是吧
No shit?
很好
Mm-hmm. Good.
正在考虑上法学院
Thinking of going to law school.
真的
Really?
追随你的足迹
Following in your footsteps.
别这么做
Don't do that.
我需要你在律师协会面前替我作担♥保♥
So I need you to vouch for me in front of the bar association.
为什么
Why is that?
他们对我的道德品质有些疑问
There's some question about my moral character.
你不觉得吃惊
Oh. Not surprised?
我不是那个意思
I didn't mean it that way.
不是因为药物问题
No, it's-it's not about the drug stuff.
因为邦斯科技
Borns Tech?
是的
Yeah.
我的证词
My... my testimony.
我肯定你现在不想卷入这事
I'm sure you don't want to get into it right now.
不是的 我想帮你 我会担♥保♥你的
No, I want to help you. I'll do it.
真的 -当然了 是什么时候
Really? -Yeah, of course. When is it?
几个星期后
A couple weeks.
我会把具体信息发短♥信♥给你
I'll text you the details.
好的
All right.
我很乐意帮忙
Be happy to.
你还好吗
So how you doing?
一切都好吗
Everything good?
还行
I'm all right.
见了一个老朋友
Saw an old friend of mine.
见面愉快吗
Was it a good visit?
还行吧
Kind of.
勾起了许多回忆 你知道是怎么样的
A lot of memories. You know how that goes.
是的 -是的
Yeah. -Yeah.
那真不错
That's nice.
是的
Yeah.
宪法法理
你怎么会在这里
What the hell are you doing here?
你说过你叫比利麦克布莱德 住在圣莫尼卡
You said your name was Billy McBride and you lived in Santa Monica.
对 是那样的 但是…
Yeah, that's-that's right. But that's too...
你又弄出了你睡觉时会发出的 那些奇怪的声音
You were making those weird noises again that you make when you sleep.
然后你会完全停止呼吸大概一分钟
And then you would totally just stop breathing for, like, a minute.
是 -然后你又开始呼吸
Yeah. -And then you would start breathing again...
我知道
Well, see, I-I know.
有时候我忘了戴上我的仪器
Sometimes, I forget to wear my thing.
那你到底是怎么样进来这里的
So how the hell did you get in here, anyway?
楼下的阿特…
Oh, Art. From downstairs?
太好了
Oh, great.
你看过他做的那些捕梦网吗
He-- have you ever seen those dreamcatchers he makes?
色彩缤纷 真想知道他那些羽毛 是从哪里弄来的
They're, they're so colorful, and I, I wonder where he gets those feathers from.
你知道… -我不知道
Do you have any...? -I-I don't, I don't know.
我告诉他你救了我一命
Anyway, I-I told him that you saved my life.
然后…
And, um...
然后他送了我上楼 让我进来了
And then he walked me upstairs and, you know, let me in.
但你的门没有锁
But your door wasn't locked, so...
所以我不知道 我是否真的需要跟阿特聊天
I don't know if I really needed to talk to Art.
不过我不知道你住几号♥房♥
Though, I didn't know which room was yours, so...
我明白了 -所以我猜就是…
Yeah. No, I get it. -So I guessed it was...
没关系 真的 -我明白整件事了 是的
It's fine. Yeah. -I get the whole picture.
珍奈特
Janet.
是的 我的天呐
Yes! Yes! Oh, my God!
你记起来了
You remember!
是的
Yeah.
记忆就像是个钢铁陷阱
Memory like a steel trap.
墨西哥
Mexico.
是的 墨西哥 就是 怎么能忘记呢
Yeah, Mexico. That's right. How could you forget?
是的
Yes.
是的 对的
Yes! That's right.
是的 我们…
Yeah, we, um...
你来圣莫尼卡有什么事
What brings you to Santa Monica?
我需要别人送我一程
Oh, I-I need a ride.
送你一程
You need a ride?
乐米是我姨妈的独子
Lemmy is my mom's sister's only son,
我想是的
I think.
我妈和我姨妈没有联♥系♥
They don't talk, my mom and my aunt.
你上次见乐米是什么时候
When's the last time you saw Lemmy?
让我想一想
Uh, let me think, um...
他当时刚从监狱里出来
So he was just out of jail--
就为了些小事 例如横穿马路、私闯民宅之类的
something minor like jaywalking or breaking and entering.
明白
Right.
我记得他当时需要给摩托车换个新引擎
And I remember he needed a new engine for his motorcycle.
所以大概是六年前
So maybe six years ago?
他欠你的钱六年没有还
You've owed him-- he's owed you money for six years?
我丈夫当时刚拿到了他的外和解赔偿金支票 所以我们当时有余钱
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表