剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
Would you know where to find him off the clock?
嘿 听着 你得离开这里了
Hey, look, you got to get out of here.
今天是发薪日 我兑现支票
It's payday. I cash checks.
工人们进来看到一个白人老头
Workers come in, see an old white dude,
他们会以为你是移♥民♥海关执法局的 然后去别的店
they're gonna think you're ICE and go somewhere else.
你会害我赚不了钱的 -好的 我明白了
You'll cost me money, you know? Okay. I get it.
那布莱克伍德呢
What about Blackwood?
他大部分时间在赌场 经常玩快乐彩
He's mostly at the casino, plays a lot of keno.
好的 很感谢 狗♥日♥的♥ 我没那么老 好吧
All right, appreciate it. And I ain't that fucking old, okay?
挺老的
Pretty old.
小心 朋友
You got it, amigo.
感觉手气很好 日出赌场酒店
Feeling Lucky? Sunrise Casino Hotel
你的头奖正在等待 777 日出赌场酒店
Your Jackpot Awaits. 777. Sunrise Casino Hotel
日出赌场酒店 免费自助餐
Sunrise Casino Hotel. Free Buffet.
日出赌场酒店
Sunrise Casino Hotel
赢家休息厅老虎机 1块 5块 25块
Winner's Lounge Slots $1 $5 $25
如果你不是韦德布莱克伍德 这就不是你的座位
If you're not Wade Blackwood, this isn't your seat.
手气好吗
You having any luck?
只足够让我继续回来
Just enough to keep me coming back.
我感觉不管怎么样你总会回来的
Oh, I got a feeling you'd be back one way or the other.
我叫比利麦克布莱德
My name's Billy McBride.
我是律师 代表金鹰本纳特
I'm a lawyer. I work for Gene Bennett.
是的 -我是韦德布莱克伍德
Oh. -Wade Blackwood.
是的
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
可怜的金鹰
Oh, Gene. Mm.
他真是一直都这么背 不是吗
He sure got the shit end of the stick, didn't he?
的确 -是啊
Yeah, he did. -Yup.
其实这正是我想跟你谈的事
Actually, that's, uh, kind of what I was wanting to talk to you about.
坐下来吧
Well, have a seat. Have a seat.
请坐 -谢谢 很感谢
Oh, thank you. I appreciate it.
你玩吗
You play?
扑克之类的 不玩
Oh, all that cards and shit? No.
我从来就不喜欢赌博 一窍不通
No, I never was a gambler. I'm not worth a shit at it.
那是因为你没有尽力尝试
That's 'cause you're not trying hard enough.
我不知道
I don't know.
我的酒量比我的赌运好多了
Uh, I'm a hell of a lot better drinker than I am a gambler.
那个我们也有 我们有
Well, we got that, too, we got it. Hey, Jimmy?
嘿 吉米 给我们这里来点酒吧
Why don't you set us up over here?
就来点波本威士忌好了 我不在乎
Yeah, just some kind of bourbon, I don't care.
我也是
Yeah, me, too.
是的
Yeah...
波碧本纳特遇到的事
What happened to Bobbi Bennett,
是一场悲剧
it was tragic.
是的 确实是的
Yeah, yeah, it sure was.
对 金鹰把全部积蓄都投到那块地上了 现在一无所有
Yeah, Gene sunk his nest egg into that place. It's bone-dry now.
我去年不得不拔掉一万英亩杏仁树
Well, I just had to rip out 10,000 acres of almond trees myself this past year.
让人心痛 亏了我很多钱
It hurt. Cost me a pretty penny.
但我们一直开车在附近转悠 在我看来
Well, I've been driving around here, it looks to me
你和其他几个农场主似乎过得还不错
like you and a couple others are still doing pretty well, though.
干旱可不会偏心
Drought does not play favorites.
而金鹰
And Gene,
他的污水池 大家称之为“下陷”
his sinkhole, they call it subsidence.
这只是在加州开农场这场赌博的一部分
It's just part of the gamble of farming in California.
整个该死的郡都正在下沉
The whole damn county is sinking.
你为什么提出收♥购♥金鹰的地
Well, why did you offer to buy Gene's land?
我替他感到难过
Well, I feel bad for the guy.
那片地不是没有价值吗
Isn't it worthless?
也许对他来说如此 对我来说则不同
Well, maybe to him, but not to me.
你姓布莱克伍德 在布莱克伍德郡
Well, it must be a hell of a lot easier to weather a drought when your name is Blackwood in Blackwood County,
而且恰好是水利委员会的主席
and you happen to be the president of the water board.
挺过旱灾肯定容易许多吧
Yeah, I'm sure it looks like that way from the outside looking in, doesn't it?
是的 我敢肯定从外面看进来 似乎是这样子的
Like the deck's stacked in my favor.
但其中并没有对我有利的暗箱操作
I mean, the water board
我是说水利委员会 真的是寄居在我的屋檐下
is literally under my roof,
但对他们免收租金
but it's free rent for them.
至于当主席这事 那只是…
And as far as being president, well, that just...
这份工作没薪水的 没有人愿意干
It's an unpaid job, nobody wants to do it,
这就是布莱克伍德这个姓的负担
and that's what the name Blackwood gets you.
那你是在说 金鹰遇到这个情况 只是倒大霉了
Hmm. So, you're saying that, in Gene's case, it's just bad luck?
我们大家对波碧去世感到很难过
We all feel terrible about what happened to Bobbi.
“我们”是谁
Now, who's we?
我们 农场主、附近的牧场主
Us, the farmers, the ranchers around here.
他们就像我一样
They're just like me.
世代以来 这些地就归他们家族所有
The land's been in their families for generations and...
每个人都倒过霉
everybody's had their turn on the shitter.
现在轮到金鹰
Mm. Now it's Gene's turn.
你得明白一件事
You got to understand something.
就在你现在站的这个地方
Right where you're standing right now,
一百年前
100 years ago,
坐马车走一天的范围内都没有一滴水
there wasn't a drop of water for as far as you could travel in a wagon in a day.
现在 你能想象
Now, can you imagine
需要什么样有意识的意志 才能重写上帝的安排
the will of consciousness it took to rewrite God's plan
把那些水从北部大老远运过来
and to bring all that water from way up north
并一直运到这片谷地这里
and deliver it all the way down here to this valley,
好让我们的庄稼能喂饱这个世界
so that our crops can feed the world.
那是一个人的作为
And that was one man.
一个坚毅、勇敢的人
One man with the grit
与大自然之母搏斗并胜出
and the balls to lock horns with Mother Nature and win.
在这片土地耕种就需要那种精神
And that's the kind of soul you need to farm this land.
我就来随便猜一下
I'm just gonna take a wild stab at this,
那个人该不会就叫布莱克伍德吧
but was the guy's name Blackwood, by any chance?
是我祖父 -对
It's my grandfather. -Yeah.
听着 在这片地上耕作就像是…
Look, working this land is like, um...
一场恋爱关系
being in a relationship.
有付出也有回报 还有信任
There's give and take, and there's trust.
还有许多背叛
And there's a shitload of betrayal.
金鹰只是开始觉悟这一点
Gene's just waking up to that.
在他彻底觉悟之前 水利委员会在其中 扮演什么角色
Well, till then, how does the water board figure into all this?
水利委员的职责是保证水的质量
The water board is there to insure the quality of the water
并为未来的几代人分配那些水
and allocate that water for generations to come.
是的 我明白这一点
Yeah, I-I understand that part,
但水利委员会控制了淡水的分配
but the water board controls the distribution of water.
在我看来 你似乎掌控了水龙头
It looks to me like you got your hand on the tap.
抱歉打断你们 但是高赌注房♥已经准备好了
I'm sorry to interrupt, but the-the high stakes room is ready.
那我得走了
Well, I'm gonna have to go, then.
很抱歉
Sorry about that.
这个地方归小乌鸦管 他不让我拖延赌局开场
Littlecrow. He runs the place here, and he don't let me hold the game up.
听着 我会在这里待一阵子
Well, listen, I'm gonna be here for a while,
要是我们晚点再聚 我可以在这里玩一会
so, uh, I can just hang out here if we meet a little bit later?
今晚不行 但是…
Well, tonight's no good, but
你住洛杉矶
you live in L.A.?
是的 圣莫尼卡
Yeah, Santa Monica.
我在恩西诺有个地方
I got a place in Encino.
真的 -是的 所以…
Yeah? -Yeah, so...
跟你说吧 我一定会把我的地址给你的
Tell you what, I'll make sure you get my address.
你想明天晚上过来吗 -太好了
You want to stop by tomorrow night? -Appreciate it.
我真的很爱讨论水利的事
I just love talking about water.
我会相信的
I bet.
那好的 -你要相信
All right, then. -You bet.
好的 很高兴认识你
Good to meet you.
你和太太在这里玩得开心吗
So, you and your wife have fun here?
我一个人来的
Um, I'm-I'm here alone.
那就下次吧
Oh. Next time, then.
我们愿意给你太太机会 把她的钱赢回去
You know, we'd love to give your wife the opportunity to win her money back.
你认错人了
Oh. You got me mixed up with somebody else.
没有
Yeah.
没有 麦克布莱德先生 我们见过面
No, Mr. McBride. We have met.
真的
Really?
在哪里
Where was that?
当然就是在这里
Well, right here, of course.
没有 我…
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表