剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
Thank you.
我要把这份文档从文件夹里拿出来 你没意见吧
I'm gonna take this one file out of the binder. Are you okay with that?
我不会把任何东西看作是理所当然
You take nothing for granted.
我为波碧本纳特的事感到很难过
I feel terrible about what happened to Bobbi Bennett.
是的 -她是个很可爱的人
Yeah. -She was so nice.
嗯
Well...
这真的对她的案件有帮助
this is really gonna help her case.
天呐
What was that?
那是什么 -不知道
I don't know.
老天爷
Oh! Jesus!
出去
Get out! Get out! Get out! Get out!
出去
Get!
出去
Get out!
没事了 它走了
It's okay. It's gone.
不 这是个征兆
No. No, it's a sign.
不 只是… -我就知道这不是好事
No, no, it's... -I knew this was bad.
我不应该这么做的
I shouldn't have done this.
不 你太敏感了 只是只鸟
No, no, you-you... you're overreacting. It's a bird.
只是一只飞进来的鸟…
A bird that flew into the...
只是…
It's...
多洛丝 没事的
Delores, it's okay!
比利 你记得1980年代晚期吗
Billy, you remember the late '80s?
当然记得
I sure do.
帕蒂 你可能太年轻了 不知道这事
Patty, you may be too young for this.
我绝对是的 对
I absolutely am, yep.
当时加州六年大旱
We had a six-year drought in California.
他们呼吁我们跟朋友一起淋浴 记得吗
Yeah, they told us to take a shower with a friend. Remember that?
不是吧 -我们真的这么干了
Come on. -And we did.
为什么 -因为好玩
Why? -Because it was fun. It was... fun.
因为干旱
Anyway, because of the drought,
水资源局决定减少牧场主的用水
the Department of Water Resources decided to cut back... on the ranchers' water,
优先满足居民用水需要
giving preference to the residential use.
这有道理 -是的
That makes sense. -Yeah.
只不过事情再次发生时 牧场主们威胁要起诉州政♥府♥
Only when it happened again, the ranchers threatened to sue the state.
只是他们并没有上法庭
Only instead of going to court,
而是跟水资源局
they arranged for a secret, closed-door meeting with the Department of Water Resources
还有洛杉矶都市水利用事业局
and L.A.'s Metropolitan Water District...
开了一个秘密的闭门会议
in Big Sur.
就在大苏尔
in Big Sur.
大苏尔 妥妥的
Big Sur. Yes, sir.
妥妥的 大苏尔
Yes, sir. Big Sur.
因为这个大苏尔秘密协议
Because of this secret Big Sur agreement,
以旱灾期间减少农场主的用水 作为交换条件
in exchange for cutting the ranchers' water during the drought,
这些鬼祟的小人 这些混账农场主们
these sneaky shits, these little douchebag ranchers managed
成功让州政♥府♥ 把加州水银行的全部控制权给了他们
to get the state to give them total control of the state's water bank.
水银行是什么
What's a water bank?
就是地下蓄水池
It's an underground reservoir.
下雨时 州政♥府♥用它来储蓄富余的水
The state uses it to store surplus water when it actually fucking rains.
你是怎么知道这事的
How do you know that?
我看过多洛丝给的小册子
I read Delores's pamphlet.
真不错
Very cool.
多洛丝
Delores.
多洛丝
Delores.
她是个很可爱的女士
She's a really sweet lady.
比利 我答应过会保护她的
Billy, I promised to protect her.
我明白
I get it.
再加点咖啡 -好的
Freshen those up? -Yeah.
你们就是会帮我们 应对这个用水问题的律师
So you're the lawyers who are gonna help us, uh, with this water situation.
是的
Yeah.
薇尔莉特提起过你
Oh. Violet mentioned you.
我叫格洛丽亚 是她女朋友
I'm, uh, Gloria, her girlfriend.
我只是想说很高兴有人替我们出头
I just want to say that I'm glad someone's looking out for us.
这真不错
That's nice.
就是说基本上这个《大苏尔协议》 让牧场主人
So, essentially, this Big Sur agreement just gives the ranchers the ability
可以利用公共资源中饱私囊
to use a public resource to fill their own pockets.
而镇上其他所有人都无水可用
While everyone in town doesn't have water.
是的
Yeah.
如果我们可以证明他们配水不公
Well, if we can prove that they're distributing water unfairly,
就可以把金鹰的案件变成一个集体诉讼
we can turn Gene's case into a class action suit.
我得把这些文件送回去给多洛丝
Yeah. Well, I got to get these papers back to Delores, but, uh...
但我会整理一张有水可用的公♥司♥名单
you know, I'll-I'll put together a list of what companies are getting the water.
这里有很多东西要深挖 比利
There's-there's a lot to dig through here, but...
什么
What?
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know. I kn--
你知道那天谁打电♥话♥来吗
Oh, you know who called the other day?
蒂姆科瓦克 记得他吗 德克萨斯州大学奥斯汀分校
Tim Kovac. Remember him? UT Austin?
他还在推销他那本修辞学手稿
You know, he's still pitching that goddamn rhetoric manuscript of his.
等等 他起了个新的标题 等一下 快想起来了 叫…
It's... Well, now he's got a new title. Wait. Wait for it. It's called, um...
天呐
Oh, God.
《一堆双关语:罗曼斯语的浮夸》
That's So Punny Turgidity in Romance Languages.
不 我说了我会读那本书 那只是职业客套话
Hmm? No, I said I would read it. I mean, that's professional courtesy.
是的
Yeah.
他看我写的东西 我看他写的书
Why, he reads my stuff, I read his stuff, you know.
金鹰 -什么事
Gene? -What?
我不明白
I... I don't... I don't understand.
这样我们就能接你的案件 把它扩大成一个集体诉讼
Well, this way, we take your case, and we roll it into a class action lawsuit.
这样我们的胜算大很多
We have a hell of a lot better chance this way.
数量产生力量
It's power in numbers.
那波碧的案子呢
But what about Bobbi?
不会单独起诉不法致死
Well, there'd be no separate wrongful death claim.
你的痛苦与折磨 将会是集体诉讼的一部分
Your pain and suffering would be part of the class action lawsuit.
我的痛苦与折磨 跟其他所有人的不一样
My pain and suffering isn't like everyone else's,
因为我太太死了
'cause my wife is dead.
我太太死了 你明白吗
My wife is dead, you got that?
明白
Yeah.
你瞧 这样做的话
Well, see,
我们可以拿到你的赔偿
doing it like this, we can get you compensation,
你可以对波碧的死做个了结
and you can have some closure on Bobbi's death.
对 我…
Right. I...
如果你想正中他们的要害
If you want to hit them where it hurts,
就绝对应该这么做
then this is absolutely the way to do it.
我们真的需要你同意这个策略 金鹰
We really need you on board here, Gene.
事实上 我想我们也许能够让他们全都倒闭
As a matter of fact, uh, I think we may be able to shut 'em down altogether.
那是波碧真正想要的
Well, that's what Bobbi really wanted.
谢谢你
Thank you.
手臂给我扶一下
Arm?
老天爷
Jesus Christ.
对不起 亲爱的
Sorry, honey.
你是要回去还是留在这里 你什么打算
So are you... are you heading back, or you staying here? What are you doing?
跟你说实话 我这时候挺习惯那家赌场的
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm kind of used to the casino at this point.
你为什么不想回去洛杉矶
Why don't you want to go back to L.A.?
我不知道 丹妮丝在大学安顿了下来
I don't know. You know, Denise is settled in at college,
我真的不需要威尼斯那个鬼房♥子
and... I don't really need that fucking place in Venice.
你打算卖♥♥掉它
You gonna sell it?
一直在考虑这事
I've been thinking about it.
你知道我可以给你当中介
You know I can move that.
我知道
I know.
不过我收费很高的
I am very expensive, however.
我付得起 -我知道
I can pay. -I know.
我需要担心你吗
Do I need to be worried about you?
安全回家 亲爱的
You get home safe, honey.
嘿
Hey.
给你
Here you go.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
韦德
Wade.
你的话有点不可靠
You were a little loose with your facts.
真的怎么会
Really? How's that?
你是水利委员会的主席
Well, you're the president of the water board.
负责这个郡的配水
Mm-hmm. Responsible for distribution of water in the county,
而你非法操纵了配水系统
and you rigged the system.
是吗 -是 妥妥的
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表