他看了我们所有的八卦
Reading all our gossip?
牢骚和蠢笑话?
Our griping? The stupid jokes?
还看了Capp所有的无意义发言
All of Capp's cringe-worthy stuff?
我们聊了Carver被逮捕的事
We were all texting about Carver's arrest.
谁知道?这个闯入者
For all we know, this interloper
也许就是和内务部告密的人
can be the one who tipped off IAD!
你听起来有点多疑
Now you're sounding a little paranoid.
我才没有多疑,这是个问题
I'm not paranoid. This is a problem!
这是很大的问题
This is a massive problem.
我问遍所有辅助医疗计划的联络人
So, I used all my paramedicine contacts,
这是国内所有长♥期♥照护机构
and this is every long-term care facility in the county...
最新的名单了
the most up-to-date list, anyway.
做得好,Mouch
Oh. Nice work, Mouch.
我们明天一早就能开始打电♥话♥
We can start working the phones first thing in the morning.
好极了
Great.
我联络了一位叫Dawn的女士
And I already reached out to this lady, Dawn.
她是来福特街女孩之家的主管
She's the director over at Leavitt Street Girls' Home.
我在大概一年前认识她
I met her about a year ago,
当时我在帮那个叫Jenny的女孩
when I was helping that girl, Jenny.
那个当掉妈妈戒指的女孩
The one who pawned her mom's ring.
对
Yeah.
所以她说她会到处帮我们问问
So, she said she'd put out some feelers for us.
虽然机会渺茫,不过…
It's a shot in the dark but...
管他的 就像人们说的
-I figure what the hell. -Hey. Like the man said,
要是不试,绝对没可能
you miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.
没错
Exactly.
该死
Damn.
我要去消防局了
I have to get to the firehouse.
Herrmann,抱歉,我要离开了
Herrmann, Sorry, I gotta duck out.
有重要的事
It's important.
好,你去吧
Yeah. Go.
抱歉这么晚找你们过来
Sorry for the late hour.
我不想让你们等到明天
I didn't want to keep you waiting 'til tomorrow.
会见传奇的Mike Knowles永不嫌晚
It's never too late to meet the legendary, Mike Knowles.
Sam Carver 幸会,Sam
-Sam Carver. -Nice to meet you, Sam.
联络上助理检控官了吗
Did you connect with the ASA?
终于联络到了
I did. Finally. Yeah.
现在情况如何
And, where do we stand?
我把整个情况都告诉他了
Well, I laid it out for him, your whole situation...
一位授勋先遣急救员进行正当防卫
a decorated first responder acting in self-defense...
我对他说
and I said to him
「你们何不把这降为C级轻罪」
'Why don't you guys just plead this down to a Class-C misdemeanor.'
「这很容易」
'It's a no-brainer.'
但州检办公室不这么看待这件事
But that's not how the State's Attorney's office is looking at this.
他们解读的角度很敏感
They're sensitive to the optics
消防员痛打精神失常的流浪汉
of a firefighter beating up a mentally ill homeless man.
不好看 等等
-It's not a good look. -Wait a minute.
你知道那个流浪汉
You do realize that the homeless man in question
在跟踪Kidd副队长吧
was stalking Lieutenant Kidd.
报♥警♥的人是她
That she was the one who called the police?
他站在公共街道上
Well, he was on a public street,
而且又没有禁制令
and there was nothing like a restraining order in place.
拜托 他们也很清楚
-Oh. Come on. -And they're also very aware
这消防员有两次妨害治安被捕纪录
the firefighter in question has 2 prior disorderly conduct arrests.
那两次…
Those...
根本没什么
were nothing.
我被卷进一、两次酒吧斗殴事件
I got swept up in a bar fight or 2,
根本没有起诉
there were never any charges.
这是行为模式,Sam
It's a pattern of behavior, Sam.
他们不会轻易放过你
They're not gonna go easy on you
万一被媒体报道得不偿失
and risk the bad press.
他们打算以严重伤害罪起诉你
They're planning on charging you with felony assault.
什么
What?
他们想让你坐牢
They want jail time.
儿童及家庭事务部的女人说
The DCFS woman said
你救了她
you rescued her,
产生了真实的依附情感
formed a real attachment.
对,我只想再见她一面
Yeah, I just wanted to see her again,
确保她在安全的地方,显然是的
make sure she was in a safe place, which she obviously is.
听说你俩寄养过很多孩子
I heard you 2 have done a lot of fostering.
我们…几个小孩了?
We have...How many children?
几十个 领养了六个
-Dozens. -Adopted 6 of them.
他们现在都离家了
Yeah. They're all out of the house now.
最年长的孩子生了两个小孩
Our oldest has 2 of her own.
所以你们也是祖父母了,太棒了
Wow. So, you're grandparents too. That's amazing.
你们…
And are you...
你们重新踏上
how are you feeling about
这段领养旅程有什么感觉
starting this whole journey over from the beginning?
如果你们不介意我问的话
If you don't mind me asking.
这个宝宝吗?不…
Oh, with this baby? No...
我们只是她的临时监护人
we're just her temporary custodians.
你们不打算再次领养吗
So, you're not looking to adopt again?
如果没有别人要领养她
If she had no other options,
我们当然很乐意
we'd happily do it all again.
不过这孩子…
But this one...
她会有各种各样的可能
she's going to have lots of possibilities.
也许你也是其中一个?
Maybe you're one of them?
我?
Me?
看起来你对她已经有很深的感情了
Seems like you already have a connection.
老实说,这是我的梦想
To be honest, it's my dream.
但这件事发生得太突然
But this whole thing came out of the blue
而且我还没开始接受背景调查
and I haven't even begun the vetting process.
就像你们说的
And like you said,
她很快就会找到合适的领养家庭
she's not going to have any problem being matched with a family quickly.
时机方面…实在太差
And timing-wise... there's just no way.
事实上…
Actually...
是有个办法
there is one way.
我都开始担心了
Hey. I was starting to worry.
我知道,很抱歉我迟到了
I know. I'm sorry I'm late.
我刚刚去了寄养家庭
I was at the foster home.
什么?看到Amber的宝宝?对
-What? You saw Amber's baby? -I did.
她的状况很好
And she's doing great.
她很完美
She's perfect.
那对寄养她的夫妇很棒
The couple that she's with are wonderful.
Violet,你不会相信他们说了什么
Violet, you're not gonna believe what they said.
有个办法能不必经过正常领养手续
There is one way I could cut through the normal adoption process.
不是不可能
It's not impossible.
真的吗?怎样做
Really? How?
Amber要先愿意取回宝宝的监护权
Amber would have to be willing to reclaim custody of the baby.
我知道,她说得很清楚
I know. She made it perfectly clear
她不想和宝宝有任何关系
that she doesn't want anything to do with the baby.
好,如果她那么做…
Okay. And if she does...
如果她取回监护权
If she does reclaim custody,
她就能指定我做宝宝的法定监护人
she could then designate me as the legal guardian for the baby,
最终成为领养家长
and eventually, the adoptive parent.
我知道…
I know...
我知道概率渺茫
I know it's a long shot.
但我忍♥不住觉得… 有一丝希望
-But I can't help feeling like... -There's hope.
我很怕让自己想象这一切
I'm so afraid to even let myself imagine it,
万一无法成真
in case it doesn't happen.
但要是成真了
But if it does happen...
如果我夺走她去更好家庭的机会呢
What if I'm taking away her chance to be with a better family?
不可能 我甚至不算个家庭
-Not possible. -I'm not even a family.
我家只有我
I'm just me.
我有疯到想一个人养她吗
Am I crazy to wanna do this alone?
你不会是一个人
You won't be doing it alone.
你有整个51分局的人支持你
You've got all of 51 behind you.
你知道吧
You know that, right?
好,谢谢你抽空和我谈
All right. Thanks for your time.
你说得对,Mouch,这…
You were right, Mouch. This is...
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表