And this is all about breaking down walls
之间的那面墙
between us and Christ,
我们与彼此和世界之间的那面墙
us and each other, us and the world.
我17岁时
When I was 17,
曾是个拳击手
I was a boxer
我...在擂台上杀了一个人
and I... I... killed a man in the ring.
我立下重重高墙...
I built up so many walls of...
透过愤怒 瘾头或暴♥力♥
of anger, addiction, violence.
直到某天我找到安全感...
It was only when I felt safe enough to...
不再逞凶斗很 张开双臂
to put my dukes down, open my arms,
为我最严重的罪告解
um, confess my deepest sin.
就是在那一天 我得到了基♥督♥的救赎
That was the day that Christ saved my life.
祂...没有...祂没有改变我
It... He didn't... He didn't transform me.
祂每天会扶持我
He sustains me every day.
那就是灵命日粮 对吧
That's daily bread, right?
那才是教会该有的样子
I think that's what the church should be.
那是我对这间教会和大家
That's what I want this church to be, for me
抱有的期望
and for all of you.
所以...
So...
维克斯蒙席不会来吗
Monsignor Wicks isn't coming?
不会 但是...
No, but...
不会
No.
所以我们可以聊一下 开始分享...
So, I thought we could just talk and start sharing and--
但他知道我们参加这个团契吗
But he knows that we're doing these?
对 他当然知道 我会告诉他
Sure, of course. Of course, I'll tell him.
我只是...想跟大家培养一下感情...
I just... I wanted us to connect and, uh...
你会告诉他 你之后会告诉他
You'll tell him? You'll... You'll tell him?
这边用未来式代表你还没
Contraction of the simple future tense meaning you haven't yet
告诉他
told him?
你为什么不告诉他
Why wouldn't you tell him?
这样感觉有点奇怪 - 好了 各位
This feels kind of weird. - Okay, guys.
这是祷告团契 不是什么天大的秘密
This is a prayer meeting. It's... it's not a secret or anything.
这是秘密祷告团契 - 不是
Well, it's a secret prayer meeting. - No.
明明就是
That's literally what it is.
我刚传简讯给蒙席
I just texted the Monsignor.
好极了 所以...这不是秘密了
Great, so... it isn't a secret anymore.
希望大家能继续透过基♥督♥的爱 来打破彼此间的墙...
Now, if we could get back to breaking down those walls through Christ's love--
他说:「搞什么鬼东西 」
He says, "What the holy heck?" - Oh.
天啊 - 抱歉 神父
Jeez. - I'm... I'm sorry. Father,
我来这里是因为 我以为这是教会的正式活动
I came because I thought this was an official church function.
实际简讯写得没那么含蓄
Only he didn't use the word "heck".
好了 谢谢你 玛莎 这是教会的活动 薇拉
Okay, thank you, Martha.
在教会举♥行♥ 我也在 就是正式活动
This is a church function, Vera.
It's at a church. It's with me. It's official.
用词更露骨 - 我...借我看一下
Um... - Or "holy".
我先走一步
Show... Can I see that? - I think I should go.
好 - 再见
Okay. - Bye.
谢谢你 赛勒斯 - 好
Thank you. Uh, Cyrus? - Yeah.
哇
Oh, wow.
抱歉 神父 我不想惹他生气
Yeah, sorry, Father. I don't want to piss him off.
你尽力了
Nice try, guy.
谢谢你 医生
Thanks, Doc.
我大概明天会上传这部影片 我可以标记你吗
I'm probably gonna post this tomorrow. Can I tag you?
最好不要
I'd prefer you didn't.
我大概还是会标记
I probably will anyway.
我知道
I know.
很抱歉你下午的政♥变♥失败了 神父
I'm so sorry your little coup failed this afternoon, Father.
政♥变♥ 玛莎 真的假的
My coup? Martha, really?
如果我们想祷告 或是有事要告解
If we want to pray or need to confess something,
我们能去找维克斯蒙席
we can do it with Monsignor Wicks.
你们能吗 因为你们全都怕他怕得要死
Can you? 'Cause you all seem scared to death of the guy.
你能够照自己的意愿 走进那教堂
Could you walk into that church of your own free will
向维克斯为你最严重的罪告解 而且心中没有恐惧 玛莎
and confess your deepest sin to Wicks, Martha, without fear?
因为如果你做不到 这地方不过就是座洗白历史的陵墓
'Cause... 'cause if not, this whole place is a whitewashed tomb.
没错 我能
Yes, I could.
好吧
Well,
很好
good!
复活节前的圣周 每天都有特别礼拜
Holy Week, the week of special services leading up to Easter.
我在圣枝主日终于爆发
It was on Palm Sunday that I finally broke.
然后...这星期在洗澡时有两次
And then, uh... twice in the shower this week
是用我跟你提过的方法 手要反握
doing that thing I told you about where I hold my hand upside down?
五遍《天主经》 五遍《圣母经》
Five Our Fathers, five Hail Marys.
九个月过去了 贾德
Well, we're at nine months now, Jud.
你还喜欢这里吗 你有没有打破...几面墙
How are you enjoying it here? Are you breaking down some... walls?
神父 请降福我 我有罪 离我上次告解已过了一周
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been a week since my last confession.
我违反了另一个司铎的隐私
I betrayed a fellow priest's privacy.
我知道玛莎把医疗帐单 放在办公室哪里 所以...
I know that Martha keeps her medical bills filed in the office, so...
我查过了
I went through them.
我得知你五年前开过前列腺根除手术
And I learned you had a radical prostatectomy five years ago,
所以你根本没有勃起的能力
making you physically incapable of an erection.
无论这是什么 我都能应付
I can handle whatever this is.
过去九个月来 我看到你怎么引导这群信众
For the past nine months, I've seen the way you tend this flock,
我不喜欢这种做法
and I don't like it.
你不喜欢
You don't like it?
没错 蒙席 我不喜欢
No, Monsignor, I don't.
奈特夏普
Nat Sharp.
他需要原谅他人 开始过好自己的人生
Man needs to forgive and start living his life.
基♥督♥的爱应该成为 他的助力 非但没有这样
And Christ's love should be a launching pad for that, and instead,
他每一天
he's just, every day,
对前妻和女性的怒火越来越旺盛
getting more and more angry and bitter against his ex-wife,
怨恨也越来越大
against women.
情况很糟 至于李 他是个说书人
It's bad. And Lee, he's a storyteller.
现在仿佛就像他的超能力 在跟自己作对
And it's like his superpower has been turned against him.
他唯一会讲的故事就是 「全世界都把我当眼中钉」
The only story he tells is, "The world is out to get me."
他本来很优秀 风趣聪明 又受敬重
He was brilliant funny, and smart and respected,
现在他只是陷入失心疯 一天到晚发脾气 疑神疑鬼
and now he's just spinning out and angry all the time, paranoid.
你知道他真的在他家周围 挖了一条护城河吗
Did you know he literally built a moat around his house?
真的吗
Really?
(要塞)
I mean, it's mostly symbolic, but yeah.
虽然是象征意义大于实际意义
还有席梦 抱歉 蒙席
And Simone, I'm sorry, Monsignor,
但恐怕你一直在利用她
but I'm afraid you've taken advantage of her.
我看到奉献的金额
I've seen the donation numbers.
我知道她过去几个月来奉献了多少钱
I know how much she's giving, and the past few months,
这地方基本上是靠她在支撑
she's basically supporting this place.
的确 我相信基♥督♥能展现神迹
And yes, I believe in the possibility of miracles through Christ,
但那不是你给她的帮助
but what you're giving her is not that.
(金额一万美元)
这是交易 你则居中获利
It's transactional, through you,
愿上帝帮助你 那只会再让她觉得遭到背叛
and God help you, it makes her feel betrayed again.
愿上帝帮助我 还有吗
God help me. Anything else?
有什么问题 赛达瑞文
Yeah, why not? Cy Draven.
你一点都不担心 他在影音网站的新事业吗
Doesn't this new YouTube stuff he's doing worry you?
现在他每周都会录下 你在弥撒时的发言
Every week now, he takes clips from what you say in Mass
然后剪进他的政♥治♥牢骚影片 他在借用你的影响力 老实说...
and plugs them into his political rants. He's co-opting, and honestly,
(《非二元是非属神》 《DOGE中有GOD》)
...我认为 他对教会的错误诠释非常危险
I think misrepresenting the church in a dangerous way.
上次有新人待超过一次主日弥撒 是什么时候的事
When was the last time a new person lasted more than one Sunday?
消息已传开
Word's gotten out.
现在每周只有...
Every week now, it's just this...
像硬化囊肿般的固定班底
this hardened cyst of regulars,
看起来就像你蓄意 让他们笼罩在怒气与恐惧中
and it seems like you're intentionally keeping them angry and afraid.
基♥督♥是这样引导信众的吗
Is that how Christ led his flock?
那是我们该做的事吗
Is that what we're supposed to do?
现在你很愤怒 本该如此
Right now, you're angry. You should be.
如果不是 那才危险 我会看出你很无助
It'd be dangerous if you weren't. I'd see you're helpless,
不断地殴打你
and I'd do it again and again.
我是这世界 你则是教会
I'm the world. You're the church.
趴好 不准起来
Stay there. Stay there. Stay.
很好 没错
Aha. Good. Right. Yes.
是愤怒使我们还手 夺回我们失去的优势
Anger. Anger lets us fight back, take back the ground we've lost.
我们失去太多优势了
And we've lost so much ground.
现在你很害怕
电影精选列表