关于这点 实话实说
Okay, look, we got to be honest about this.
这是他们的专业领域
They're likely gonna be a lot better at this than we are,
肯定会比我们做得好
considering this is their area of expertise.
要我说就别管什么合同不合同的了
I-I say we just forget about all that contract mumbo jumbo.
让陪审团淹没在 我们知道他们不感兴趣的信息中
Bog the jury down with a whole bunch of information that we know they ain't interested in.
我个人认为 我们要做的是
Personally, what I think we gotta do...
我们要证明的是动机
What we gotta prove, rather...Is motive.
我们把讨论点直接集中在
We center our argument squarely on the issue
洛温集团拖延完成交易的问题上
of Loewen Group stalling on closing.
并展示他们可以得到的利益
And show what they had to gain from it.
我不确定
Uh, I'm not so sure.
什么 哈尔 你不确定什么 - 什么 哈尔
What? What, Hal? What-what you ain't sure about? -What? Hal?
我的意思是 我不太确定
HAL: What I mean is, I'm not so sure we can actually prove
我们是否能证明 洛温集团有此动机 对吧
that the Loewen Group had motive. Right?
除非我们能拿到某种公♥司♥内部文件
Unless we have some kind of internal company memo.
或者有人公开承认这一点
Or someone just openly admits it.
不然你怎么证明他们故意拖延时间
Like, how do you actually prove that the stalling was intentional?
显然 我们永远都无法证明这一点
Well, we're obviously never going to be able to prove that.
事实上 我们打赢这场官司的机会 微乎其微
Truth is, we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this case.
♪ Some people call me ♪
♪ Broadway Tramp now ♪
♪ They even said, yes, they did ♪
♪ I had no place to stay... ♪
嘿 你好啊
WILLIE: What's happening, doc?
还好吗 先生 - 我很好 兄弟
Yeah, how you doing, boss? - I'm good, Max.
请给我最烈的姜汁汽水吧
Hey, how 'bout you give me your...your strongest ginger ale?
没问题 马上就来
Sure thing. Coming right up.
你今晚过得怎么样
How's your night been?
不太好 还活着
BARTENDER: Not too bad. Livin'.
是啊 很好
Good. Good, good.
♪ Gotta let a woman be a woman ♪
♪ And let a man be a man ♪
♪ Gotta let a woman be a woman ♪
♪ And let a man be a man ♪
♪ Well, listen... ♪
密西西比最烈的姜汁汽水
Strongest ginger ale in Mississippi.
谢谢
Thank you.
还不错 所以…
Yeah, it's not too bad, so... I...
她在这里待了一段时间了
Yeah, she's been here for a while.
你一定是唐斯小姐吧
I believe it's Ms. Downes, isn't it?
我是威利加里
I'm Willie Gary.
你比电视上看起来更瘦
You look thinner on TV.
介意我坐下吗
Mind if I sit down?
我以前从没做过这种事
You know, I've actually never did this before.
从没与对方律师坐下来交谈…
Where it's sitting down with the opposing counsel, the...
喝酒之类的 还有音乐和烛光相伴
drinks and things like that, you know. Music, candles.
这就像约会一样
It's like we almost, uh, on a date.
也许不像
Or maybe not.
你说你来自康普顿 但我想知道
You say you're from Compton, but I'm trying to understand
你为什么会接这些花哨的白人的案子
why you taking all these fancy white cases.
这个问题 我也可以问你 对吧
I could ask you the same question. Couldn't I?
是啊 但我其实 相信我的案子 唐斯小姐
Yeah, well, I actually believe in my case, Ms. Downes.
我也相信我的 加里先生
Oh, well, I actually believe in mine, too, Mr. Gary.
那这让我们处于非常危险的境地
Well, that puts us in a very precarious situation then, all right, - Does it?
因为我们之中 一个会赢 一个会输
Because one of us gonna win and one's gonna lose.
我觉得事情就是这样
I think that's how this goes, yes.
但我的情况不同 因为我的雇主其实是个黑人
But it's different in my situation, because I'm actually Black employed.
我不是为那个男人工作
See, I don't work for the man. - Oh.
我替威利加里工作 也就是我自己
See, I-I work for Willie Gary, which is myself.
我受雇于我自己 为自己而做 - 跟我说说
I'm employed to myself... ...for myself. - Tell me, tell me.
我应该在哪里工作呢
Where should I be working, huh?
你来告诉我 来教教我呗
You tell me. Come on. School me.
蛋糕就那么大
What-what tiny little piece of the pie
你还愿意把蛋糕分给我这样的人吗
would you be comfortable allotting to someone like me?
怎么 我应该做公益项目吗
What, should I be working pro bono?
或者我应该去什么破检察官办公室 处理驱逐案件
Or maybe I should be in some shitty DA's office, trying eviction cases.
那会让你舒服些吗 让你更开心
Would that make you comfortable? Would you be more happy with that?
等等 我们现在还没开庭呢
Hold on a second. Hold on, hold on. We-we-we not at trial right now.
你说你想教导我 所以现在开始吧 来教我吧
You said you were trying to school me, so come on, now, school me.
我不知道你对我了解多少 但我是佃农的儿子
I don't know how much you know about me, but I'm the son of a sharecropper.
我八岁时 在甘蔗地里
I was eight years old out there in them sugarcane fields, you know.
干活 这就是我
Working. Me.
但现在 我有…
But now, you know, I got...
豪♥宅♥、劳斯莱斯和宾利…
you know, mansions and... Rolls-Royce and Bentleys.
有私人飞机 - 你这话听起来像是在说
My own private plane. - I mean, what it sounds like is
我们都在过着自己的美国梦生活
we're both living our own little version of the American dream.
不过少一些红白蓝美国旗帜的感觉
A little less red, white and blue and a little more, uh, um...
多一些焦糖色条纹…
caramel and stripes and...
虽然我的确认为黑人美国梦
Although, I do believe that the. Black American dream
和白人美国梦截然不同 这是个恰当的例子
is quite different than the white American dream. Case in point.
这花了五到十五分钟 - OJ辛普森案
O.J. trial, hmm?
这会是“世纪大审判” - 这就是个笑话
Supposed to be the "trial of the century." - It's a circus.
你想接那种案子吗
You want to go there?
不 那可是灰色地带
Nah, that's murky territory.
你倾向于哪一方
Where you leaning?
他是无辜的吗 他有罪吗
Is... is he innocent? Or is he guilty?
这不重要
Doesn't matter.
因为现在受审的不是OJ
'Cause O.J.'s not the one that's on trial right now.
这是白人推行的外♥围♥正义
White frontier justice,
才是受审的原因
that's what's on trial.
我明白
I hear that.
要是逼着你回答呢
Gun to your head, though.
逼我吗 哦 没门 - 逼着你回答 唐斯小姐
Gun to my head? - Gun to your head. - I don't know now. - Gun to your head, Ms. Downes, gun to your head.
来啊 拿枪指着我的脑袋啊
Come on, trying to put a gun to my head.
现在拿枪指着你脑袋 - 有人听到这话吗 没
Does anyone hear this? Oh, hell nah. - Got a gun... gun to your head now.
如果让你在担任首席辩护律师 和首席检察官中选择
Opportunity to be the lead counsel on the defense or a opportunity to be the lead prosecutor,
你会选择哪一个
which one do you choose?
那…这问题还真难回答
Oh, that's... that's a tricky one.
是的 很难 - 辩护律师
Yeah, I know. It's tough, it's tough. - Defense.
他有罪
His ass is guilty.
我从来没为我知道有罪的人辩护过
And I've never defended someone who I knew was guilty before.
你知道他们怎么说 律师至少得尝试一次
You know what they say: Lawyer's got to try that at least once.
记住这些话 如果证据跟控诉不符 那就得判无罪
Remember these words: If it doesn't fit... you must acquit.
你呢
What about you
我们要讨论…
We talking about...
控方 - 是吗
Prosecution. - Yeah?
我一直反复做一个梦
I have this reoccurring dream
在梦中 我要起诉 那个狡猾的约翰尼科克伦
that I'm prosecuting a case against that slick-ass Johnnie Cochran.
起诉他和所有那些穿西装的人…
Him in all them fancy suits and shit...
梦里结果如何
Okay. Well, how does this dream end?
我大获全胜
I wipe the floor with him.
我大获全胜
I wipe the floor with his ass.
我来买♥♥单吧
Let me get that.
不用
Oh, absolutely not.
你太…
You were so, uh,
你好心且慷慨地送了我一瓶…
you were so kind and generous to send me a bottle of...
叫什么来着 - 水晶香槟
What was that called? - Cristal.
让我回请一次吧
Allow me to return the favor, just this once.
但我可不会一直这么友好 加里先生
Although, I wouldn't get too used to me being kind to you, Mr. Gary.
庭审一旦开始
Once we begin that... trial...
哥们 我会毁了你
nigga, I will destroy you.
祝你夜晚愉快
Have a good night.
♪ Hold tight... ♪
1995年9月12日
早上好 密西西比州杰克逊
Good morning, Jackson, Mississippi.
今日气温23到25度
73 degrees, going up to a high of 78.
天气预报说未来几日都不会下雨
No rain in the forecast for the next few days.
首先说你们即将听到的
Let me start off by saying that this case
这场官司是一起…
that you're about to hear is a case...
威利威廉 意大利威廉
♪ If you want to make this feeling stay ♪
♪ Hold tight... ♪
陪审员 这…
Jurors, this...
这个审判涉及到 人类已知的最古老的罪恶
this trial deals with the oldest sin known to man.
指得太多了
You're pointing too much, Gary. You're pointing... You're pointing too much.
♪ Stay ♪
♪ Hold tight ♪
这根本不是针对个人的行为
This just simply wasn't personal,
电影精选列表