You're too young to be a lawyer, Negro.I thought you was his foster child.
真是的 拜托 我开玩笑的 进来
Really? Come on, no, I'm just kidding with you.Come on in here.
这是我的搭档 雷吉道格拉斯
This is, this is my, uh, partner, Reggie Douglas.
他是的我“代言人”
He runs my point.
你们手上有什么官司 你们给威利加里准备了什么
So, what y'all got? What y'all got for Willie Gary?
人身伤害
Hmm? P.I.?
请再说一次
I beg your pardon?
人身伤害 你们都受到了人身伤害
P.I. Personal injury. Y'all got some personal injuries?
你们没看到外面的标牌吗
Didn't y'all see the sign outside?
我们这里只打这种官司
That's the only kind of law we practice round here.
是也不是
Uh, well, yes and no.
我想我们的官司确实跟人身伤害有关 但有点不同
Um, I guess... I guess we sort of have a...a P.I. case, but with a bit of a twist.
有点不同 好吧 什么不同 是什么官司
Bit of a twist? Okay, what-what kind of twist?What kind of case is it?
这是起合同法官司
It's a contract law case.
合同法
Contract law?
拜托 伙计 我们这儿不接合同法官司
Oh, come on, man.We don't do no contract law here.
绝对不接 那种案子无聊到让人打瞌睡
REGGIE: Hell, nah.That sound like a nap waiting to happen.
没错 我们不接合同法官司
Yeah. Yeah, we don't do no contract law.
明白 我们知道 这不一定是你负责的领域
REGGIE: I mean, hell.R-Right, but look, we understand it's not necessarily your field,
但也许你可以听他说完 你会发现这起官司非常有趣
but perhaps you could just hear him out.I think you'll find the case compelling.
我是一名丧葬承办人 来自于密西西比州比洛克西
I am a, um, funeral director from Biloxi, Mississippi.
我在那儿做生意 实际上 我在那儿有几家公♥司♥
I have a business there... Well, actually, I have several businesses there.
我有八家殡仪馆 一家丧葬保险公♥司♥
I have eight funeral homes and one burial insurance company.
我们是一家家族企业 已经有一百多年的历史
We are a family business,and have been for over a hundred years.
我们绝不会不战而败
And we are not about to lose that without a fight.
我从二战战场回家后 我的父亲把生意交给了我
After I returned from the war,my father passed the business to me,
我认为这是一种神圣的委托
which I considered a sacred trust.
安妮特和我有幸有13个孩子
Annette and I were blessed with 13 children,
我们打算让他们将这生意传承下去
and we intend for them to carry the business into the future.
但大约在一年前 我遇到了财务困境
But about a year ago,I ran into some financial trouble.
先生们 下午好 我能为你们做什么
Good afternoon, gentlemen. How can I help you?
我们是代表州保险委员会来的
We're here on behalf of the state insurance commission.
奥基夫先生 作为在密西西比州
Mr. O'Keefe, as a registered burial insurance broker
注册的丧葬保险经纪人
in the state of Mississippi,
我相信你知道你账户里的资金
I'm sure you're aware you're required to maintain
必须始终留有一个最低限额
a certain minimum funds in your account at all times.
是的 我当然知道
Well, yes. Of course I'm aware.
政♥府♥
保险监管机构
Insurance regulators?
你开玩笑的吧
You gotta be kidding me.
他们说他们想干什么
What'd they say they want, exactly?
事实上 我可能 给自己招惹了很多麻烦
Truth is, I may have gotten myself into a lot of trouble.
麻烦
Trouble?
杰里 我做你的律师
Jerry...I've been your lawyer,
快三十年了吧
what, coming up on 30 years?
甚至在那之前 你我就是朋友
Was your friend even before that.
你我都知道多年来 为了让生意壮大
You and I both know I've been in debt up to my neck for years, trying to make this business strong,
并延续下去 好留给孩子们 我一直负债累累
make it last,so I have something to leave my children.
我们先别慌
Let's not panic just yet.
我知道这事让你压力极大
I get how stressful this is,
但我相信我们能找到解决办法的
but I'm pretty sure we can find a way out of it.
等等 打扰一下 孩子
Hold up a second.Excuse me, son.
你想再来一杯吗 - 不了
Do you want another drink? - No, no.
你有空的时候 能再给我来杯波旁威士忌吗
Whenever you get a chance, could I get another bourbon over here?
谢谢 - 好的 先生
Yeah. - Yes, sir.
所以 听着
So, look,
你有没有考虑过出♥售♥部分业务
have you considered selling off part of the business?
没有
No.
只是一部分 好吗
Just part of it. Okay?
且不论我是否想卖♥♥ 如果我真要卖♥♥ 我去哪儿找买♥♥家
Well, I'm not saying I want to, but if I did,where would I find a buyer?
加拿大 那边有公♥司♥询价
Canada, actually.They made an inquiry.
洛温集团 是哦
Loewen Group? Oh, yeah.
他们一直在大肆收♥购♥
They've been on a pretty significant acquisition spree.
他们走遍全国
Going all across the country,
收♥购♥了他们能找到的 每家私人所有的丧葬连锁店
buying up every independently owned funeral chain they can get their hands on.
这些人是真的很有钱
These guys, they're really big players.
是啊 你知道我对这些大公♥司♥的看法
Now, you know how I feel about these big corporations, now.
是的 但我只是说这是一种选择 这个方法就摆在那儿
Yes, I do. But all I'm saying is it's an option.And it's out there.
也许这是条出路
Might be a way out.
你可以考虑一下
You could think about it.
杰里 时间正好
Jerry.Perfect timing.
你需要帮忙吗 - 不用 我能行
Hey, you need a hand with that? - Oh, no, I got it.
嘿 听着 你确定要卖♥♥吗
Hey, so, listen.You're sure about this, right?
我已经认真考虑过了
No, I've given this a lot of thought,
我相信这对我的家人来说 是正确的选择
and I believe this is the right thing to do for my family.
那好吧 下一站 温哥华 你准备好进去了吗
All righty, then.Next stop, Vancouver. You ready to go inside?
我们得等哈尔 - 谁
No, we got to wait for Hal.- Who?
我跟你提过哈尔 他是我儿子的大学同学
I told you about Hal.He's a friend of my son's from college,
是个非常聪明的年轻人 刚开始当律师 而且…
very bright young man just getting started out as a lawyer and, uh…
他来了
Well, hell, here he comes now.
他最近通过了律师考试 渴望积累经验
Recently passed the bar exam.Hungry for experience.
谁 哪个
Who, which one?
那个高个子小子
That tall kid?
嘿 抱歉 非常抱歉 奥基夫先生
Hey, hey, sorry. So sorry, Mr. O'Keefe. Um...
我的出租车 把我送到另一个航站楼去了
My taxi just dropped me off at the wrong terminal, so...
没事
Oh, don't worry about it.
哈尔伯特多金斯 我想让你见见迈克奥尔雷德
Halbert Dockins, I want you to meet Mike Allred.
幸会 奥尔雷德先生
Really great to meet you, Mr. Allred.
很高兴能加入这个团队
I'm very excited to be a member of the team.
你好呀 我也很高兴见到你
Hi, there. Nice to meet you, too. - Yeah.
所以你是律师
So you're a lawyer?
是的
(chuckles) Uh, yeah.
那可太好了 干得好 孩子
Well, that's just great. Good for you, son.
我们进去吧
I'll see you guys inside.
走吧 我们要去加拿大
Come on. We're going to Canada.
不列颠哥伦比亚省温哥华
BOB: I work for Ray Loewen.
我为雷洛温工作 他很期待见到你
He's really looking forward to meeting you.
你可能知道 雷是个亲力亲为的人
As I'm sure you can gather,Ray's a very hands-on kind of guy.
他是业内唯一一位
One of the only CEOs in the industry
喜欢亲自接见 每个卖♥♥家的首席执行官
who likes to meet with every seller personally.
嘿 雷 请允许我介绍一下 这是耶利米奥基夫先生和他的同事们
Hey, Ray!Allow me to introduce Mr. Jeremiah O'Keefe and his colleagues.
幸会 杰里
It is a pleasure to meet you, Jerry.
小伙子们 你们喜欢 我们在加拿大做生意的方式吗
So, boys, how do you like the way we do business up here in Canada? (Laughing)
上船吧 我请你们喝一杯
Come on on board. Get you a drink.
目前我们拥有1115家殡仪馆
BOB: At present, we own 1,115 funeral homes,
427个墓园
427 cemeteries,
354家保险公♥司♥
354 insurance companies.
我的策略很简单 买♥♥尽可能多的殡仪馆
RAY: My strategy is simple.Buy as many funeral homes as I can
然后把自己放在一个我喜欢称之为
and put myself in a position for what I like to call
“死亡黄金时代”的位置上
the Golden Era of Death.
什么
Sorry?
即当美国所有婴儿潮一代的人
It's when all the baby boomers across the U.S.
最终到达死亡年龄的时候
finally reach their age of demise.
这会让全国的死亡率至少增加60%
RAY: Resulting in a minimum 60% increase in death rates nationwide.
你知道现在美国有多少
Do you have any idea how many people are living in the U.S., right now,
65岁以上的居民吗
over the age of 65?
五千一百万
51 million.
我觉得听上去很悲观啊
JEREMIAH: That sounds kind of cynical to me.
你不担心会失去你的客户吗
Aren't you worried about losing sight of your customer?
我的客户 什么客户 我的客户是死人
RAY: My customer?What customer? My customers are dead guys.
我开玩笑的 杰里
I'm just kidding.I'm just kidding, Jerry.
听着 我拥有的殡仪馆越多 挣的钱就越多
Look, the more funeral homes I own,the more money I make,
我也越能满足客户的需求
the more I am able to meet the demands of my customer.
且能满足其不断增长的需求
And provide for his... growing needs.
也许我们该停止闲聊
Maybe it's time that we drop all this chit-chat
开始谈生意了 先生们 你们觉得呢
and start talking about a deal. What do you say, gentlemen?
我很想听听你的想法 雷
I'm interested to hear what you have in mind, Ray.
据我所知
My understanding
当地的州监管机构给你找了些麻烦
is that you're having a bit of trouble with the state regulators down there.
你怎么知道的
How'd you come to that understanding?
你有什么 在整个州有九家殡仪馆
RAY: You own... what?Nine homes across the state?
电影精选列表