♪ Oka-yay, o-o... ♪
耶利米哀歌♥ 你还好吗
Jeremiah Lamentations. How you doing, Jerry?
很高兴见到你 威利 - 很高兴见到你 看起来不错
Good to see you, Willie. - Good to see you, doc. - Good to see you. You looking good. - Thank you.
你在这里做什么 - 这是我的荣幸
Hey, Hal, what you doing over there, huh? - It's a pleasure.
你变年轻了 你在学习永葆青春的道林格尔吗
You gettin' younger on me, man? Huh? What, you on some Dorian Gray shit?
威利 让我介绍一下 这位是迈克奥尔雷德
Willie, let me introduce you to Mike Allred, right here.
迈克 我知道我们要合作了 对吧
Mike.Now, I understand we working together, hmm?
我也知道 你好吗 加里先生
So I understand. How you doing, Mr. Gary?
看起来怎么样
(chuckles) I look like a million, huh?
你看起来好极了 威利
You look like ten million Yankee dollars, Willie.
是的 这就是我所说的 我感觉很好
(chuckles) Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I feel good.
这是你的“备战”室
This your war room here, huh?
我们有会议室
Uh, well, we got the conference room, you know. - Mm-hmm.
我喜欢那边那些 我喜欢这些书 我喜欢所有这些
I like these over there. I like these books. I like all those.
不过这很好
This is nice, though.
不过 在我们开始工作前
(clears throat) Before we get to work, though...
我有一些问题要问
I hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, but, uh...
希望你不会觉得冒犯
I got some questions I got to ask you.
当然不会 想问什么就问吧 我洗耳恭听
Oh, sure. Feel free to ask me anything. I'm all ears.
太好了
Good.
问题是
Um, question is, uh...
跟黑人合作 你感觉如何
how do you feel about working with Black folk?
坦率地说
Man-to-man?
不然呢
Is there any other way?
不 先生 你想听实话
No, sir. You want an honest answer?
我需要诚实的回答 - 好吧
I need that. - All right.
如果你想要诚实的答案
Well, if you want an honest answer,
说实话 我觉得我心存偏见
truth be told, I suppose I am a little prejudiced.
好吧 - 我不是说我为此感到骄傲
Mm. Okay. - I'm not saying I'm proud of it or anything.
我很欣赏你的诚实
I appreciate your honesty.
我一直在非常努力地克服
In fact, I've been working real hard on trying to overcome it.
很高兴你在努力克服 - 是啊
Mm. Well, then you should. I'm glad you're working on it. - But yes.
你见过我的团队吗
Did you meet my team?
嗨 我是克里斯
Hi. I'm Chris.
嗨 克里斯
Hi, Chris.
我是达沙安
Yes. Dashaan.
达沙安
Dashaan.
艾尔
Al.
雷吉道格拉斯
Reggie Douglas.
先生们
Gentlemen.
好了 既然现在都清楚了
Okay. Uh... now that that's all cleared up,
我们去会议室吧
why don't we all just head over to the conference room,
团队的其他人员在等着呢
where the rest of the team is waiting, yeah?
杰里 我们会解决的 好吗 - 好
Jerry. We're gonna work this out, all right? - Yeah.
他会没事的 - 好的
He's gonna be okay. - Okay, that's fine.
下午好 先生们 大家还好吗
Afternoon, gentlemen. How you feeling?
还好吗
You good? Huh?
很好 我要对所有不认识我的人说
Good, good, good. For all y'all that don't know who I am
我叫威利加里 - 跟他们介绍一下自己
my name is Willie Gary. - Tell 'em who you are.
我从佛罗里达 请来了我律所的几个合伙人
Now, I done brought a couple of partners of mine from my firm up here from Florida
来帮你们打赢这场官司
to help y'all win this case.
我要对所有不熟悉 威利加里式诉讼的人
And for all of y'all who are unfamiliar with the Willie Gary style of litigation,
解释一下
let me break it down to you.
我们即将开战
We 'bout to go to war.
因为我觉得诉讼就是战争
'Cause that's what I think litigation is.
诉讼就是战争 这是一场战斗 是生死之战
Litigation is war. It's a battle, a battle to the death.
我没打胡乱说
And I'm not talking about no bullshit, either;
我说的是功夫大♥师♥的那些真功夫
I'm talking about some Jean-Claude Van Damme ass-kicking shit.
我知道你们现在都觉得我疯了 但这就是我喜欢的效果
Now I know y'all looking at me crazy, but that's how I like to get.
如果我们不和这些混♥蛋♥一起疯狂
And if we don't get crazy with these motherfuckers,
我跟你们说 这个洛温集团很厉害
I'm telling you, this Loewen Group? They're powerful.
他们很有钱 也很有影响力
Got a lot of money, got a lot of influence.
我们没有的 他们全都有
They have everything that we don't.
但我们不能让他们吓到我们
But we not gonna let them intimidate us.
因为我没被吓到
'Cause I'm not intimidated.
在过去的12年里 我从没败诉过 这也不是秘密
Now, it ain't no secret. For the past 12 years, I have not lost a case.
我是怎么做到的呢
And why is that?
你们能告诉我为什么吗
Can you tell me why?
因为我讨厌输
'Cause I hate to lose.
我讨厌败诉
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!
我宁愿别人拿枪指着我 爆掉我的头
I'd rather somebody pull a gun on me and blow my head off
也不愿意败诉
than to lose a case.
话虽如此
Now, that being said...
我要告诉你们 有一件事我不会屈服
...there's one thing I'm-a tell you I'm not gonna bend on.
这个案子 我不打算和解
I do not plan on settling this case.
我们不会退缩 - 不好意思
We don't do that, no. - MIKE: Excuse me.
介意我说两句吗
Anyone mind if I say something here?
迈克 请说吧
Go ahead, Mike.
加里先生 说到和解
Mr. Gary, when it comes to the matter of settling,
恐怕这根本就不是 我们这儿制定的策略
I'm afraid that's not at all the strategy we've developed here.
事实上 我已经起草了 一封给洛温先生的信
In fact, I've already drafted a letter to Mr. Loewen
提议以八百万和解
offering to settle at $8 million.
但是就我们这间屋子里的人私底下说
Though, just between us here in this room,
如果需要的话 我们愿意降到七百万
we'd probably be willing to drop to seven if need be.
迈克 谢谢你告诉我最新进展 非常感谢
Well, Mike, thank you for the update...Appreciate that...
但很不幸 情况有变
But, unfortunately, things have changed.
我们不会和解
We're not settling.
不管你说什么 这仍然是个选项
No matter what you said,
在我选定最佳方案前 我们仍然可以考虑采用此方案
the discussion is still on the table and will remain so until I've decided what the best course is.
在你选定前
Till you decided, huh?
迈克 什么情况
What's going on here, Mike?
谁负责
Hmm? Who's in charge?
不 说真的 谁负责
No, seriously, who's in charge?
因为你们让威利加里来接手这起官司
'Cause you done have Willie Gary come down here to take over the case
现在你告诉我你要做什么
and now here you're telling me what you're gonna do.
我说我们不会和解 这是首席律师说的
I said we're not settling the case and that comes from the lead attorney.
再说一遍 - 再说一遍什么
Come again? - Come again what?
怎么了 你耳朵不好使吗
What's the matter? You need your ears checked or something?
不好意思 先生
Excuse me, sir.
你要是敢举手… - 你不是
No, you're not. - Mike, you raise a finger to me,
…我会揍死你 别耍花招
you'll get your ass whupped in here. - Boss, calm down.
加里先生 你不是首席律师
MIKE: Believe me, Mr. Gary, you are not lead attorney. - AL: Come on, settle down.
那我是什么 - 你可是在我的地盘
Then what am I, then? - May I remind you you are in my town...
你的地盘 - 在我的会议桌上
Your town? - ...sitting at my conference table...
这一切都是我的地盘 - 和我的客户
Every town I go to, Mike, is my town. ...across the table from my client.
显然不是 否则他们不会打电♥话♥叫我来
Evidently it ain't your town, or they wouldn't have called me.
先生们 你们能稍微冷静点吗
Gentlemen. Gentlemen. Gentlemen, could y'all let the temperature down a little bit?
我不是来跟你争的 迈克 - 什么
WILLIE: I didn't come here to fight you, Mike. - MIKE: What?
我说我不是来跟你争的
I said, I didn't come here to fight you.
我是来完成工作的
I came here to get a job done.
现在 奥基夫先生
Now, Mr. O'Keefe...
我上次了解到 他想打赢这场官司
Last I checked, he wants to win this case.
而不是为了区区八百万就点头哈腰
Not toot his ass up in the air for a funky little $8 million.
像狗一样
Like a bitch.
天啊 杰里 怎么回事
MIKE: Jesus Christ, Jerry. What's going on?
我认为我们应该给他个机会
I think we ought to give him a chance.
你听到他刚才说的话了吗 他不知道自己在做什么
Did you hear that speech he just gave? He has no idea what he's doing.
他已经12年没输过官司了
He hasn't lost a case in 12 years.
那都是人身伤害案
For personal injury cases.
他显然不了解真正的法律 不懂合同法
He clearly has no idea about real law, about contract law.
首席律师呢
What about lead attorney?
你不会是想给他首席律师的位置吧
You're not considering giving him lead attorney.
是的
Yeah.
我就是
I am.
我们说好了吗
We good?
是的
Yeah.
迈克 你还好吗
Mike, you good?
好吧 既然我们都同意了
All right, since we're all good,
有人来做记录吗
uh, does anybody here mind, uh, taking some dictation?
辛西娅 你可以 帮加里先生做记录吗
Cynthia, would you mind taking dictation for Mr. Gary?
好吧 辛西娅 非常感谢
电影精选列表