this ain't no Willie Gary case. It just ain't. It ain't...
这不是威利加里的官司
It ain't a Willie Gary case.
等等 但你这话是什么意思 为什么不是
Uh, wait, what-what do you mean? Why-why not?
这不是威利加里的官司 因为它不适合威利加里
It ain't a Willie Gary case 'cause it ain't for Willie Gary.
不 但是 对不起 那什么才是威利加里的官司 我不…
No, but... I'm sorry, what is a "Willie Gary case," then? I don't...
换句话说 威利加里的官司
In other words, what he's saying is a Willie Gary case
是那种我能占上风 我觉得
is the type of case where I have the upper hand. Where I feel that
能进入庭审阶段的官司 懂了吗
I can take this case to trial. Understand?
自始至终如此 - 一旦我让案子进入庭审…
All the way. - And-and once I get 'em in that trial,
你们都看过我的视频 当我站在法庭上时
I mean, y'all seen my tape. When I get 'em in front of...
特别是面对像我这样的人时
Especially in front of people that-that look like me...
我会引导人们做出特定的反应 - 就像莫扎特
I'm-a play 'em like a symphony. Mm. Mozart.
在威利加里的官司中 我可以将判决推向极致
A Willie Gary case is where I could take that judgement and push it all the way up,
如果需要的话 还能推向天堂
to the heavens if I need to,
并为我的客户争取尽可能多的赔偿金
and get as much money as I can for my client.
他的意思是 威利加里的官司 是那种我们知道必能打赢的官司
Uh, what he's saying is, a Willie Gary case is a case we know we can win.
这个诉讼案的胜算不那么大
This case... not so much.
事实上 你们的诉讼案结果堪忧
Matter of fact, your case a little bit iffy.
还有一件事
And, uh...the other thing is this.
不要误会 但…
Don't take this the wrong way, but, uh...
他…你是白人 他是白人
He, uh, he's... you're white... he's white.
我没有白人客户 从未为白人辩护过
And I don't have white clients. I've never had any, so...
所以无意冒犯 但这对我来说很不寻常
No offense or anything like that, but this is just unusual for me.
不会冒犯 加里先生
No offense taken, Mr. Gary.
哈尔伯特 这家伙对我们来说 太有钱也太有名了
That guy's too rich and famous for us, Halbert.
你知道吗 奥基夫先生… - 怎么
Uh-huh. Um, you know what, Mr. O'Keefe? Just, um... - What?
给我一点时间 - 你要去哪儿
You know, just-just give me one second. - All right? - Where you going?
再跟他谈一次 给我五分钟 好吗
I'm-I'm gonna talk with him one more time.G-Give me five minutes, okay?
绿灯情景 当我跟一位陪审员谈话时…
The green light scenario, when I was talking to the, the one juror, uh, uh...
她穿的是什么
What'd she have on?
我可能得再多看她一会儿
I'd have maybe looked at her a little bit longer.
跟她眼神交流
You know, gave her some eye contact.
有时你得讨好她们
Sometimes you got to romance them. - Listen, I'm not...
那就是…
That's the thing,
加里先生 很抱歉这样再次打扰你
Look, Mr. Gary,I'm so sorry to come back in here like this, I really am,
我只需要一分钟 - 怎么了 你迷路了
but I just need a minute of your time. - WILLIE: What's going on with you, man? You lost? Huh?
你疯了吧
Yeah. Lost your mind...
还是他在电梯旁炒了你鱿鱼
Or did he fire your ass out there by the elevator?
好吧 也许是这样 但听着 我只想占用你一分钟
Okay, yeah, maybe so, but listen, I... I... I just need a minute of your time.
一分钟 - 一分钟 仅此而已
You need a minute?- One minute. That's all I ask.
你只有一分钟 我们很忙 说吧 哈尔
Well, you know what, that's all you got. 'Cause we busy. Then, come on, Hal.
杰里是个理想的客户
I mean, Jerry's a... a dream client.
他的故事很棒 他是战争英雄
He's got a great narrative. He's a war hero.
获得过很多功勋 参加过二战
A decorated war hero. He served in World War II.
他因为为国家服役 而被授予了杰出飞行十字勋章
He was, he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross... - Yeah. - ...for service for his country. - Hmm.
你就想说这些吗 - 兄弟
Is that all you got? - Man.
就这
That's it?
二战不是五十年前的事吗
Wasn't World War II about 50 years ago?
是的 伙计 没人在乎 - 那是古老的事情了 哥们
Yeah, man. Hal, don't nobody give a shit except them. - That's old news, nigga.
好吧 那这件事呢 1976年
All right. All right. How about this? Okay, um... In 1976,
杰里在他的家乡 比洛克西担任了两届市长
Jerry was serving as a two-term mayor in his hometown of Biloxi.
三K党曾试图组织一场游♥行♥…
The KKK tried to organize a march...
他阻止了他们买♥♥那些白色头套
And he stopped 'em from buying white sheets.
好家伙
Shit, man.
我猜他现在成了我们的白人救世主了
I guess, I guess he's supposed to be our white savior now.
三K党 - 听起来你爱上了他
Yeah, yeah, yeah. KKK, man. - You sound like you in love with him, man.
不 我不是那意思 我的意思是
No, that's not my point. I'm saying
我们希望能在海因兹县处理此案
we're hopefully trying the case in Hinds County.
三比一… - 等等 让我打断你一下
There's a three-to-one... - Hold-hold on. Let me stop you, Hal.
哈尔 我喜欢你 我觉得你出身名门
Now, listen, Hal, I like you... I-I think you come from good stock...
但你得了解我们的工作方式
But you got to understand how we work here.
第一 我们不接合同法诉讼案
One, we don't do contract law.
第二 我们没有白人客户 - 没有
Two, we don't have no white clients. - REGGIE: No.
第三 钱不够
And three, that ain't enough money.
钱不够
My, not enough money.
钱不够 哈尔
It ain't enough money, Hal.
我爱你 兄弟 但我们觉得钱不够
but it ain't enough money for us. You know, I-I-I love you, man,
兄弟 看看四周 你看到自己身处何方了吗
Brother, look around. You see where you are?
你没看到这种镀金的桃花心木吗
You don't see this mahogany wood?
最好看看 宣扬一下 - 这可厉害了 宝贝
Gold finish? - Got to see it. - Preach. Yeah. - REGGIE: It's the big time, baby.
我们每月处理五千万、三千万 八千万的官司
We doing cases for $50 million, $30 million, $80 million cases monthly. - Yeah.
好吧
HAL: Okay. Okay.
但你怎么知道 这起官司就不能做大呢
But how do you know this case can't be something bigger?
我们不知道
Well...we don't know.
你了解一些我们不知道的内♥幕♥吗
You know something we don't?
雷洛温刚好位于这个国家
Ray Loewen happens to sit at the top
最大的行业之一的顶端
of one of the biggest industries in this country.
我说的是 每年价值两百亿美元的丧葬产业
I'm talking about the $20 billion a year death care industry.
有两家大型企业正要进驻并接管一切
There are two huge corporations moving in and taking over everything,
洛温集团就是其中之一
and the Loewen Group is one of them.
他们现在对杰里的所作所为 真的很可怕 但…
Now, what they did to Jerry is truly terrible, but...
我有一种预感…
I have a feeling it's just... it's-it...
不对 是我知道 这只是冰山一角
No. I know. It's the tip of the iceberg.
我可以继续说了吗
Can I keep going?
当然可以
Sure. Shit.
这才是你一开始该说的话
Well, that's where you should've started.
你们处理这些价值八千万的官司
You guys try all these $80 million cases, and...
有私人飞机 我理解 没问题
and you have your private jet and all that, I get it, that's fine, but...
我确实有 正义之翼
Yeah, I do. Wings of Justice.
很好 你跟我都很清楚
Great. Look, you know as well as I do
对这个国家法律界更上层的精英来说
that as far as the more elite legal community in this country goes,
你只不过是个外表光鲜的 追着救护车跑的律师 无意冒犯
you're nothing more than a glorified ambulance chaser. No offense.
别逼我揍你
Now, Hal, now don't make me whoop your ass now.
这话太不尊重人了 孩子
Disrespectful, boy. - What if...
如果这场官司能让你名声大振呢
What if, what-what if...what if this case is the one that puts you on the map?
如果这场官司 能让你成为国民律师呢 我是说…
What if this case takes you to a nationwide level? I'm talking, um...
像威廉肯斯特勒那种
William Kuntsler,
克拉伦斯丹诺
Clarence Darrow,
瑟古德马歇尔
Thurgood Marshall.
我是说…
Look, I'm talking...
我是说约翰尼科克伦那种级别的
I'm talking Johnnie motherfucking Cochran.
正义之翼
我从没听说过他
Well, I've never heard of him.
顺便问一句 多金斯先生 这是你的主意吗
Was this your idea, by the way, Mr. Dockins?
不 不是他的主意 是我的主意
Yes. - No, it was not his idea, it was mine
我知道 迈克 我这样
,and I realize, Mike, it might piss you off,
再请一位律师来 可能会让你生气 但…
me bringing on additional counsel like this, but...
让我生气 完全不会
MIKE: Piss me off? Not at all.
别气…我看起来像生气了吗
Doesn't piss me... Do I seem pissed off?
我没生气
I'm not pissed off.
这是你的钱 你想干嘛就干嘛
Hell, it's your money, you can do what you want to with it,
我只是觉得你这是在犯下大错
I just think you're making a big mistake.
我是想给我们最终上法庭
I am trying to put us in the best possible position
提供最好的条件
in the event we end up going to trial.
知道了 不过我们上不了庭
Got it. Except we're not going to trial.
说真的 这个人 到底有什么特别之处
Seriously, what's so special about this guy, anyway?
哈尔和我去佛罗里达 看他在陪审团面前打官司
Hal and I went over to Florida to watch him try a case in front of a jury,
我想跟你说这个人绝对可以
and I want to tell you, this man can absolutely,
刺♥激♥陪审团采取行动
Positively galvanize a jury.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
如果你们这么相信他 那我当然可以跟他合作
Well...if you believe in him that much, then sure, okay, I'll work with him.
我以前也跟人合作过
I've partnered up before.
只是我要说清楚 我仍然是首席律师
Just as long as it's clear I'm still lead attorney.
迈克 感谢你的大度
Appreciate you being a good sport about this, Mike.
没事
No problem.
他应该什么时候到这里
So what time is he supposed to get here, anyway?
事实上 我觉得他们现在到了
You know, actually, I think this is them now.
现在
Now?
("DWYCK" by Gang Starr (feat. Nice & Smooth) playing)
♪ Greg N-N-N, N-N-N ♪
♪ Has gots to be the sure shot ♪
♪ Gang Starr has gots to be the sure shot ♪
♪ Nice & Smooth has gots to be the sure shot ♪
♪ Greg Nice, Greg N-I-C-E ♪
电影精选列表