As to how to deal with people in business.
在生意场上 没错 好的
Ah. "In business." Yes. Right, okay.
有些事我很好奇
Something I'm curious about...
你为什么最终沦落到
How did you end up needing
需要将这些殡仪馆 卖♥♥给洛温先生的地步
to sell those funeral homes to Mr. Loewen?
我遇到了一点财务困境
Well, I had run into a little bit of financial trouble.
哪种财务困境
What kind of financial trouble?
因为我很确定当时
Because I'm, uh, pretty sure
你迫切需要卖♥♥掉殡仪馆的真正原因
the actual reason you so desperately needed to sell at the time that you did
是因为密西西比州保险委员会
is because the Mississippi state insurance commission
即将吊销你的执照
was about to revoke your license.
对吗
Is that correct?
事实上 你在密西西比州 销♥售♥保险的执照
As a matter of fact, your license to sell insurance in the state of Mississippi
目前处于已被吊销的状态
is currently under suspension.
奥基夫先生 我们同意 这是个真实的陈述吗
Can we agree that that is a true statement, Mr. O'Keefe?
不 不同意 因为情况更加复杂
No, we cannot. Because it's a lot more complicated than that.
跟我讲讲 怎么个更复杂法
Enlighten me. How is it more complicated?
你的执照是否被吊销了 - 反对 法官大人
Was your license suspended or was it not? - Objection, Your Honor,
原因很简单 她恼羞成怒了
on the simple fact that she's just angry. - Overruled.
这就是个“是或否”的问题 - 反对无效
MAME: It's a yes or no question. - We already knew
我们知道他遇到麻烦了 - 他说了反对无效
that he was in financial trouble. - MAME: He said "overruled."
反对无效
Overruled.
真♥相♥是你失去了执照
MAME: Well, the real truth here is that you lost your license
这是因为你跟一个男人 参与了一些不正当的储蓄和贷款业务
because you got involved in some shady savings and loans business deal with a man that,
我没记错的话
if I'm-I'm not mistaken,
那个人现在已经入狱了
is currently in jail right now.
反对 - 我能问你些问题吗
WILLIE: Your Honor, objection. - MAME: Can I ask you something?
你用来… - 反对无效
WILLIE: This is not on trial here today. - GRAVES: Overruled.
…做这笔交易的钱是你的钱吗
Was the money that you used to finance this deal, was that money yours?
我要为那笔钱负责
I was responsible for that money.
你用了别人的钱
You used other people's money.
事实上 你是用你客户的钱
Actually, you used your clients' money
来为你与现已定罪的重罪犯之间的 上述交易提供资金
to finance your involvement in said "business deal" with a now-convicted felon.
反对 法官大人 - 我说得对吗 奥基夫先生
Am I correct? - WILLIE: Objection, Your Honor. - Am I correct, Mr. O'Keefe?
这与本案无关 - 反对无效
WILLIE: This has nothing to do with this case. - Overruled.
我说得对吗 - 我不这么认为
Am I correct, Mr. O'Keefe? - That's not how I would characterize this at all.
我的意思是 有没有可能 这整起案子源于嫉妒呢
I mean, is it possible that this entire case stems from jealousy?
反对 我们在谈感情吗
WILLIE: Objection, Your Honor. We're talking about emotions?
嫉妒 - 反对无效
Jealousy? - MAME: I mean, - Mr. O'Keefe... - GRAVES: Overruled.
奥基夫先生 你说过 你和洛温先生做生意的方式不同
...you said yourself that you and Mr. Loewen have very different ways of doing business,
这可能是你整天说得最真的话了
and that might be the truest statement you've said all day long,
因为洛温先生跟你一样 也继承了他父亲的生意
because, like you, Mr. Loewen inherited a business from his father.
但是与你不同
However, unlike you, he was able to build
他将那个企业 打造成了价值数百万美元的帝国
that business into a multimillion-dollar empire.
与此同时 你父亲的遗产变成了什么呢
Meanwhile, what has become of your father's legacy?
杰里 等一下 杰里
Jerry! Hold up, now! Jerry!
等等 好吗 杰里
Wait up, will you? Jerry.
那到底是怎么回事
What in the hell was that?
你在说什么
What you talking about?
我不理解 你生我的气了
I-I don't understand. You angry with me?
我生你的气了吗 你本来应该在法庭上保护我
Am I angry with you? You were supposed to protect me up there.
你本来应该确保我在交叉询问 等程序中的安全
Supposed to make sure I was safe under cross-examination and all that shit.
我不知道她会问你这些问题
That ain't my fault. I didn't know she was gonna ask you all that.
你的工作就是搞清楚这些
It's your job to know what she's gonna ask me.
你没跟我说过
You didn't tell me all this shit.
你跟我说了储蓄、贷款还有钱的事
You told me about the-the savings and loan, you told me about the money,
但你没跟我说他入狱了
but you didn't tell me nothing about him going to jail.
我跟他做交易时 他还不是重罪犯
When I made the deal with him, he was not a felon.
我当时有充分的理由相信 那是一笔不错的交易
I had every reason to believe that that was a good, solid deal.
我又不会读心术 这不是我的错
I understand. But I can't read your mind. That's not my fault.
当然了 从我雇用你的第一天起
Of course it is. Since the first day I hired you,
你就一直试图把这场官司 变成你自己的单人马戏团表演
you have been trying to turn this case into your own, personal one-ring circus.
我受够了收拾你的烂摊子
I've done everything I can to try to save your ass.
我把我所有的钱都花在这场官司上了 而你却在胡闹
I put every dime I have into this deal, and you're still fucking around.
我没胡闹 这不公平
I understand. I'm not fucking around. Listen, that ain't fair. That's not fair, Jerry.
你接这个案子不必承担任何风险
You don't have anything on the line here, Willie.
当结案时 是赢是输 亦或是平局
When this case is over, win, lose or draw,
你都能登上飞机 一走了之
you're gonna get in your airplane and fly away.
我会留在这里 我押了很多进去
I'm gonna be here. I got plenty on the line.
我的生活岌岌可危 我不知道还能撑多久
I got my damn life on the line, and I don't know how much of that's left.
我知道 杰里
I know that, Jerry.
我在做决定
I'm making a decision.
什么决定 杰里
A decision for what, Jerry?
我要撤掉你首席律师的职位
I'm gonna replace you as lead attorney.
让迈克来当首席 你要这么处理
For Mike? That's what you're doing? Huh?
我就跟你说了吧 杰里 这是个大错误
I'm telling you right now, Jerry,that's a huge mistake!
见鬼
Shit.
嘿 宝贝
Hey. Hey, baby.
你在干什么
What you doing?
只是在看些东西
GLORIA: Just doing a little bit of reading.
你听起来有点沮丧 宝贝 一切都好吗
You-you sound a little down, baby. Is everything okay?
没事 我很好
No, I'm, uh, I'm, uh, I'm good.
我很好
I'm good. Uh...
好吧 嗯… - 不
Okay. - No, no.
不 我…
No, I...
我被换掉了 - 你说什么
I got replaced. - What?
我说我被换掉了
I said, I got replaced.
他们把我换掉了
They replaced me. - No.
什么
What?
对 杰里… - 把你换掉了
Yeah, Jerry... - Replaced you?
宝贝 这话是什么意思
Baby, what does that mean?
意思是他们想…
It means that, uh, they want...
他们想让其他人 来担任首席律师 所以…
they want somebody else to be lead counsel and so, uh...
所以他们把我换掉了
...so they replaced me.
亲爱的 真的吗
Honey, really?
但等等 我不理解 他为何要这么做 为什么啊
But wait. I don't understand. Why would he do that? Why?
我…我搞砸了
I, uh... I screwed up.
我搞砸了
Screwed up.
我搞砸了
I screwed up.
我搞砸了 我…
I screwed up by, uh...
我让杰里出庭作证 但我没让他做好充分的准备
I put Jerry on the stand and I-I didn't have him prepared enough,
进行交叉询问时 他们把他击垮了
and when they, uh, did the cross-examination, they, uh......they annihilated him.
他们…情况很糟
They, uh... It was bad.
这让我很沮丧 我很沮丧
It's got me upset. I'm upset.
我觉得自己沮丧是因为我…
The-the reason that I'm upset is because I...
看见杰里那么伤心 我也很难过
Seeing... seeing Jerry so upset, it-it's got me upset,
所以我就…
so I'm just...
原来如此 - 我对此很伤心
I see. - I'm upset about it.
听上去你真的很在乎这个人
You sound like you really care about this man.
在乎杰里
Jerry?
是的 - 是啊
Yeah. - Yeah.
对 我在乎他 杰里很好 而我…
Yeah, I care. Jerry's a cool guy.
嗨 不好意思
Hi. Pardon me.
你是洛林麦克格拉斯太太吗
Are you, by any chance, Mrs. Lorraine McGrath?
是的 但我…
well, yes, but I...
对不起 我不是故意无礼
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I...
但我在等一名律师
It's just I was kind of expecting a lawyer.
对 我就是律师
Yeah, I am a lawyer.
就是我跟你在电♥话♥里沟通的 哈尔多金斯
I'm the guy you spoke with on the phone, Hal Dockins?
对不起
I'm so sorry. Uh...
希望我没有冒犯到你 只是…
I hope I didn't offend you. It just...
说实话 你看起来很年轻
uh, well, to be honest, you look very young.
给你们 - 谢谢
WAITRESS: Here y'all go. - LORRAINE: Thank you.
我在洛温旗下的 一家殡仪馆工作了13年
I worked at a Loewen-owned funeral home for 13 years.
在那段时间里 我看到了很多
Just... in all that time,I saw a lot,
了解到了那家公♥司♥的运营模式
you know, about how that company operates.
在我们继续聊下去之前 我不得不问你
Before we go any further, I just have to ask you:
你愿意出庭作证吗
Would you be willing to testify?
麦克格拉斯太太 你好 你今天下午过得怎么样
MIKE: Mrs. McGrath, hi. How you doing this afternoon?
很好 谢谢 - 没事 那很好
Um, very well, thank you. - That's fine. That's just fine.
麦克格拉斯太太 你能告诉我们 你在密西西比南海文的
电影精选列表