Not to me, anyway.
我知道你是什么样的人
I know who you are.
你跟威利说了吗 - 没呢
Have you told Willie yet? - No.
我想他周末会回佛罗里达
I think he goes home to Florida on the weekends.
我觉得我应该亲自告诉他
Feel like I ought to tell him in person.
我觉得这是正确的做法
I think that would be the right thing to do.
嘿 抱歉 等等 那箱子里面是什么
Hey, sorry. Um... Wait, what's-what's in this one again?
这是洛温集团 与全国浸信会的交易信息
It's that info you requested on Loewen's deal with the National Baptist Convention.
你介意把那堆资料留给我吗
Actually, would you mind leaving that one here with me?
你真的觉得一切都结束了吗 老大
PETER: Really think it's over, boss?
我觉得我们不可能打赢这场官司
I don't think there's any way we can win this case,
我猜杰里也开始这么想了 所以…
and my guess is, Jerry's starting to see it that way as well, so...
你一定是加里太太吧 - 是的
You-you must be Mrs. Gary. - Yes.
希望你能原谅我不请自来
I hope you'll forgive me for just showing up like this, but, uh,
我是耶利米奥基夫
I'm Jeremiah O'Keefe.
你就是杰里 - 是的 夫人
You mean Jerry. - Yes, ma'am.
那个杰里 我丈夫经常提到你
The Jerry that my husband keeps going on about!
顺便问一句 威利在家吗
(chuckles) Uh, is Willie home, by the way?
抱歉他不在
Oh, no, I'm afraid he's not.
他在印第安敦的母亲家里 他通常周六都会去那里
He's over at his mother's in Indiantown, where he usually goes on Saturdays.
好的 - 嘿 我跟你说
Okay. - Hey, I tell you what.
请稍等我一下 我去拿车钥匙
You give me a minute to grab my car keys.
我开车载你去那儿 - 不用
I'll drive you there myself. - Oh, no, please, no.
我不想麻烦你
I-I don't want to impose.
杰里 一点都不麻烦
Jerry, absolutely not.
你现在是家人 快走吧
You family now. Come on, now.
现在刚进入印第安敦
Just entering Indiantown now.
这是威利的故乡吗
This where Willie's from?
是我们俩的故乡
Where we're both from.
威利和我有分歧
Willie and I have had our differences.
但我想让你知道 我觉得他是个很了不起的男人
I want you to know I think he's a remarkable man.
他屁♥股♥朝上倒立着 - 没错 是的
...upside-down on a ledge. - Right. Exactly.
对
Yeah
不
No.
我糟透了
I'm a mess.
说每个人都会死
Know what I'm saying? - Everybody's going to Dallas.
没错
我的天啊 - 老天啊
Oh, my. - Oh, my goodness.
威利有没有告诉你 他有11个兄弟姐妹
Willie ever tell you he's one of 11 siblings?
是的 - 他排行老六
Surely. - Number six out of 11.
信不信由你 我自己有13个孩子
Well, believe it or not, I have 13 children of my own.
天啊 - 是吗
GLORIA: Oh, my God. - Do you now?
是的
I do.
好家伙
I say.
你们一共有26个孩子
Y'all have 26 kids between you.
好吧 那你知道总有那么一个宝宝
Well, then you know, there's always that one baby
不管你做什么 他总是紧紧缠着你 生怕失去你
that, no matter what you do, is always clinging to you for dear life.
抱着你的腿 就不松手
Wrapped around the bottom of your leg, and can't let go.
天啊
Oh, man.
那就是我的威利
That's my Willie.
看看那对爱的渴望与渴求
And look at where all that longing and desperation for love
现在把他带到了什么地步
has gotten him now.
我祖父是一名佃农
My grandfather was a sharecropper.
我的祖父与我同名
My paternal grandfather. My namesake.
我八岁时
I was eight years old,
就在外面的甘蔗田里
out there in them sugarcane fields, you know?
工作 是我
Working. Me.
早上4点半 她会叫醒我 带我出去
4:30 in the morning, she'd wake me up, man, get me out here.
我当时还没这些草高呢
I wasn't no taller than this grass, man.
一切就这么开始了 就在这甘蔗地里
That's how it all got started, out there in the sugarcane.
我大老远跑来是因为我…
Reason I came all the way out here, Willie, is 'cause I...
听我说
Look, listen, listen, listen, listen.
我先说吧
'Fore you even get there. I know.
你想放弃诉讼
You want to drop the case.
我知道这一定让你很失望
I know it's got to be a disappointment.
但如果有任何我认为… - 听我说 杰里
But if there was any way that I thought... - Look, look, listen, listen, Jerry.
你不明白 朋友
You-you... you don't understand, doc.
我知道你得采取必要的行动
Look...Now, I know you got to do what you got to do.
但与此同时 你得知道在我内心深处
But at the same time, you just got to know that I know,
我知道我们两人联手 一定可以成功
down deep in my heart, that me and you together, we could've did it.
我们能搞垮那家公♥司♥
We could've took that company down, man.
我只希望你知道我很高兴认识你
I just hope you know how much I've enjoyed getting to know you.
这次我们没能顺心如意
This one didn't roll our way.
但我非常开心能认识你
But getting to know you... was a... highlight.
那是什么声音
What-What's that noise?
听我说…
Listen...
稍等一下
Man... Hold on a second.
嘿
Hey.
喂 嘿
Hello? Hey.
哈尔 - 喂 你能听到吗
Hal? - Hello? Can you hear...
哈尔 我听不太清楚
Hal, I can barely hear you.
嘿 你现在跟杰里在一起吗
Hey, are-are you with Jerry right now?
是的
Yeah. Yeah.
很好 太好了 别让他撤案
Good. Yes. Okay. Do not let him drop the case. - Yes, I am.
喂
Hello?
哈尔 你听到了吗 这里信♥号♥♥不好
Hal, can you hear me? It's a bad connection.
我说别让他撤案
I said, do not let him drop the case.
相信我 好吗 我可能有所发现
Just-just trust me, okay? I... I may have found something.
鲁本索姆斯
好的 我会给你打电♥话♥
Okay. Good, I'll call you.
密西西比南部
谢谢你们抽出时间与我们沟通
Thank you all for taking the time to speak with us,
索姆斯先生 各位
Mr. Soames. Everyone.
关于洛温集团
What can you tell us about the deal
与全国浸信会达成的交易 你们能告诉我们相关情况吗
that the Loewen Group made with the National Baptist Convention?
达成协议以后没什么好结果 至少对黑人来说是这样
Well, nothing good ever come out of it. At least not for Black folks.
这是事实
That's the truth.
大约一年前 洛温集团联♥系♥了
'Bout a year back, }the Loewen Group connected
NBC的一些高层领导
with some of the top leadership of the NBC.
就是全国浸信会
National Baptist Convention?
对 这是黑人教会的最大分支之一
Yes, sir. One of the largest single branches of the Black church.
代表着三万三千多个教会 拥有超过八百万名成员
They represent over 33,000 churches and more than eight million members.
总之 他们给了NBC一个提议
Anyway, they made a proposal to the NBC,
跟他们说如果他们能说服黑人教会
told 'em that if they could convince the Black church
选择洛温集团作为 他们的首选丧葬服务供应商
to endorse the Loewen Group as their death care provider of choice,
那他们就会把一些成员变成推销员
then they'd turn some of its members into salesmen.
教他们如何销♥售♥从坟墓到地穴
Like, uh, teach 'em how to sell everything from graves to crypts to headstones
再到墓碑和丧葬保险等给他们自己人
and, uh, burial insurance straight to their own people.
他们每售出一件产品 可以获得佣金
And for every product they sold, they could keep the commission.
等等 所以洛温集团
Wait a minute now, so the Loewen Group
利用贫穷的黑人 让他们向其他贫穷的黑人
was taking poor Black people, having them sell their funeral products
销♥售♥丧葬产品以得到佣金
to other poor Black people for a commission.
他们当然说这是双赢
Course, they said it was all win-win.
帮助人们摆脱贫困 促进经济赋权
Help people out of poverty, boost economic empowerment.
但当然除了洛温集团 没人从中获利
But it never did much for anybody. Except the Loewen Group, of course.
是啊
Yeah.
他们只是想找另一种方式
They was just trying to find another way
在黑人同胞最脆弱时 剥削利用他们
to exploit Black folks in their most vulnerable moments.
你们知道这里是什么地方吗
You know what this right here is?
不知道
Not sure.
这是一座墓地
What it is, is a cemetery.
虽然你们看不出来
Now, you can't tell from looking at it
因为没有墓碑
on account of the fact that there's no headstones.
为什么啊
Why's that?
因为那是另一种墓地
RUBEN: That's 'cause it's a different kind of cemetery.
这是古老的奴隶墓地
It's an old slave burial ground.
每个人都知道奴隶自己没钱
Everybody knows slaves didn't have no money of their own
给他们的挚爱修建墓碑
to ever bury their loved ones with a headstone.
虽然你们看不出来
Though you can't really tell by looking at it...
但我们整个历史
...our entire history,
南方黑人的历史
history of Black people in the South,
美国黑人的历史
history of Black people in America...
电影精选列表