Objection. Objection. - Objection.
反对无效
Overruled.
我会说这是一起关于种族的案子吗
Would I say this is a case about race?
不会 我不觉得这个案子与种族有关
No, I would not say this is a case about race.
真的吗
Really?
好吧 种族这个话题 似乎一直在出现 不是吗
Okay, well, the subject of race does seem to keep coming up, doesn't it?
几乎都是贵方提到的
Almost exclusively from your side.
比如 关于奥基夫先生
Uh, for instance, this whole heroic narrative
据说有某种民权记录 以及他拒绝给三K党发许可证的
about, uh, Mr. O'Keefe supposedly having some sort of civil rights record
整个英雄事迹
and denying the KKK a permit...
给我解释一下 这与这起合同案有什么关联
Uh, explain to me what relevance that has to a case about contracts.
这些事体现了杰里的品质 展示了他的正直和体面
Uh, about Jerry's character. It's more about his integrity and his decency.
他为黑人做了那么伟大的事 是吧
'Cause he does such great things for Black people, huh?
反对 起立 - 反对 法官大人
Object-Objection. - REGGIE: Objection, Your Honor. - WILLIE: Stand up. - Objection. I'm not standing up. - I said "objection."
我不允许出现这种提问 唐斯小姐 反对有效
I will not allow this line of questioning, Ms. Downes. Sustained.
我反对 - 在这个官司中
I'm-I'm objecting. - Another thing that has been
还有一件事很清楚 那就是家庭、家族遗产
made quite clear in this case is how important family,
对奥基夫先生有多重要
family legacy, is to Mr. O'Keefe.
你也有同感吗
Is that something you share?
家庭对你来说也很重要吗
Family important to you as well?
这对我来说不仅重要 还是我的一切
Well, it's not just important to me, it's everything to me.
一切 那是你和奥基夫先生的共通点
It's everything. Well, that's something you and Mr. O'Keefe have in common.
反对 法官大人 - 因为你们是好友 对吧
Objection. - Objection, Your Honor. - MAME: Because you're best friends, yeah?
反对无效 证人可以回答这个问题 但我们切入正题
GRAVES: Overruled. The witness can answer the question, but let's try and get to the point.
当然 这是我们的共通点
Absolutely, it's something that we share in common.
这真的是你想问我的问题吗 唐斯小姐
I-Is this really what you want to be asking me, Ms. Downes?
是的 没错
It is. Actually.
但谢谢你
But thank you.
你爱你的家人吧
You love your family. Yeah?
你的大家庭、直系亲属 你爱你所有的家人 对吧
Your extended family, your immediate family...You love all of your family, yes?
我家的每一位成员 - 是吗
Every member of my family. - Yeah?
所以你心里没有 想与之断绝关系的人吗
So, there-there's no one that you secretly wish you could disown?
某个让你蒙羞的人 - 反对
MAME: Someone that you're maybe. A little ashamed... - Objection, Your Honor.
他的感受并不重要… - 要否认
It doesn't matter what he feels. She doesn't know what... - MIKE: Disown?
我有想断绝关系的家庭成员 但你没有
'Cause I know I have some family members I would love to disown. But you don't.
我来处理 - 没有 你没有
I'm-a take care of this. - MIKE: No. - No? You don't.
没有
No.
比如你的祖父
Say, for instance, your grandfather.
我的祖父
My grandfather.
对 你的祖父
Yes. Your grandfather.
他是我的祖父 这跟这场官司有什么联♥系♥
He was my grandfather. What does that have to do with this case?
提醒我一下 你祖父当了多久的三K党成员
Remind me: How long was your grandfather a member of the Ku Klux Klan?
反对 - 反对 法官大人
Objection. Objection. Objection. Objection. Your Honor,
我会继续说反对 - 你得阻止这事 这样不对
I am gonna continue to say "objection." - We gonna stop this right now. This is wrong.
反对
Objection.
你和你祖父在三K党这事上 有联♥系♥吗
Did you bond with your grandfather. About the KKK?
你们有联♥系♥吗 - 问题是什么
Did you share some bond? - What is the question?
你们都喜欢燃烧的十字架吗
Did you share some love about the burning cross?
你跟你的祖父一起参加过 三K党的集♥会♥吗 奥尔雷德先生
You go to any, uh, KKK rallies with your grandfather, Mr. Allred?
你知道这事不合时宜 它与本案无关
Now, you know this is out of line, it has nothing to do with this case.
反对 - 反对无效 加里先生
Objection.- Overruled, Mr. Gary.
你怎么能说反对无效
How can you overrule that?
这跟这场官司一点关系都没有
With all due respect, Your Honor, this has nothing to do with the case.
回答问题 - 什么问题
Answer the question. - What's the question?
你是问我 我是否知道
Are you asking me was I aware that
我的祖父曾经是三K党的成员吗
my grandfather was once a member of the KKK?
迈克 你不必回答那个问题 反对
Mike, you don't have to answer that question. Objection.
你第一次说我就听到了 加里先生
I heard you the first time, Mr. Gary.
是的 我之前是在问那个问题 不过我不再问那个问题了
Yes, I was asking that question. I am no longer asking that question.
没有问题了
No further questions.
他祖父的行为与此案无关
WILLIE: What his grandfather has done... - MIKE: You know, lawyer to lawyer,
太过分了 唐斯小姐
that was completely out of line, Ms. Downes.
伪善 伪善让人无法容忍♥ 法官大人
Oh, the hypocrisy. The hypocrisy. It's quite outrageous, Your Honor.
现在满屋子都是黑人兄弟
Room full of brothers right now.
谴责你的祖父
Denounce your granddaddy.
对 说啊 迈克
Yeah. Say it, Mike.
说出来
Say it.
说吧 很简单的
Go on. It's easy.
说啊 迈克 谴责他
Come on, Mike. Denounce him.
你们知道吗 对不起
You know what? I'm sorry.
好了吧 对不起 她的行为是不对的
All right? I'm sorry. Her behavior was unconscionable.
你不能让人为其祖先的错误负责
You cannot hold someone responsible for the mistakes of their ancestors.
迈克 你的祖父是种族主义者 是偷窃土地、强♥奸♥奴隶的混♥蛋♥
Mike, your granddaddy is a racist, land-stealing, slave-raping piece of shit.
拜托 雷吉道格拉斯 那是不对的
Oh, come on now, Reggie Douglas, that's not right!
他仍然是我的祖父 我不会…
He's still my granddaddy. I wouldn't say that about...
别不把我当回事
Don't you bring... Don't you bring up on me!
全都住手 现在停 别吵
Stop all this. Stop it right now. Stop it.
雷吉 你住手 你们都住手
Reg, you stop. All of y'all.
迈克 我们不会因为过去的事 而惩罚你
Mike, we not fixin' to crucify you... about what happened in the past.
他不能弥补他祖父的过错
He can't fix his grandfather or anything else.
但你知道我们能弥补什么吗
But you know what we can fix?
这场官司
This case.
等等
REGGIE: Hold on. Hold on, man.
所以你就这么放过他了
So you-you fixin' to give him a pass?
就这样吗 - 是的
That was this is? - I'm-a give him a pass
你对他的过去了解不够 所以你输得一塌糊涂
because you didn't know enough about his past and that's why you got your ass kicked.
去他妈的破官司 - 我觉得我们能赢
Fuck this case, man. - I think we can win.
我要回佛罗里达了
No, man, I'm going back to Florida. Nah.
做我们一开始就应该做的事
Doing exactly what we should've did in the beginning. - Come on, man.
我有个问题要问你 雷吉
WILLIE: I got a question for you, Reggie:
你怎么还没出去
What's taking you so long to get out the door?
威利 - 你不必告诉我两次
Willie... - You don't have to tell me twice.
跟这些白人玩得开心
Have fun with these white folks.
雷吉 - 嘿 雷吉
Reg. - Hey, Reggie.
你也想走了吗
You want to go, too?
你知道吗
You know what?
我不干了
I'm out.
我受够了这破事 - 我也不干了
I'm tired of this shit. - I'm out, too.
反正我也想家了
I miss home, anyway.
威利 我已经老了 不适合干这种事
Willie, I'm gettin' too old for this shit, man.
迈克 对不起
Mike, I'm sorry.
我真的非常抱歉
I'm truly, truly sorry.
我也是
Me, too.
你不能这样
MIKE: Can't have this.
哪样 我有官司
Have what? We got a case.
得打赢
To win.
我大概应该…
I should probably...
我大概应该回避一下 - 不 迈克
I should probably recuse myself. - Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Mike,
我可能应该这么做 - 你不能这样
no, you can't do that. - Yeah, I probably should. - No, Mike, you can't do that. - I should, shouldn't I?
我们还有很长的路要走 但我们可以打赢这场官司
Now, we got a long way to go, but we can win this case.
如果我胆敢再次踏进那间审判室
MIKE: If I even dare to step foot in that courtroom again,
陪审团只会觉得 我是个头上蒙着床单的人
the jury's never gonna see me, they're just gonna see a guy with a sheet on his head.
听我说 我们给自己挖了个坑
Listen, listen. We dug a hole.
我们给自己挖了坑 但能爬出去的
We dug a hole, but we can dig out of it.
对不起 威利 我做不到
I'm sorry, Willie, I can't do it,
我们俩都知道如果我留下来
'cause we both know if I stay on,
我的存在只会 对这场官司造成更大的伤害
my presence is just gonna hurt the case more,
我不能那样对你 我也不能那样对杰里
and I can't do that to you and I sure can't do that to Jerry.
好吧
MIKE: All right.
那我得在没你的情况下打赢官司 - 你会赢的
We'll have to win it without you. - You're gonna.
哈尔伯特 乖一点
Halbert. Be good.
你在这里 我一直在找你
Well, there you are. I've been looking for you.
这个庭审跟我想的不一样
This trial's not going the way I wanted it to.
我感觉自己犯了个严重的错误
I feel like I made a bad mistake.
我应该及时止损
And I ought to be cutting my losses.
我以为正义是公正的
I thought justice was blind.
我以为我能在法庭上 让雷洛温信守承诺
That I could hold Ray Loewen to his word in a court of law.
让他付出代价 但结果是我盲目行事
Make him pay. But hell, I was the one turned out blind.
很抱歉让你经历了这一切
I am sorry for putting you through all this.
你不必道歉 耶利米
You don't need to say sorry, Jeremiah.
不必对我道歉
电影精选列表